One

L♥VE HXTE

            “I think the author wanted to express the feelings of longing between the two main characters…” Jinyoung said fiddling with a pencil between his fingers. Literature was one of his favourite’s subjects in school and one of his strongest.

            “Then he should just say ‘hey, I miss you’ instead of those extra-long complicated sentences...” someone at the back chipped in followed by sounds of palm slapping.

Jinyoung glanced over his shoulder and saw Mark at the back sitting at his desk rocking the chair on two of its feet. Their eyes met and Mark just stuck his tongue out at Jinyoung.

            “Just ignore it Jinyoung ah…” Jaebum who’s sitting next to him rubbed his back trying to soothes the anger that was gradually building up inside.

            “I swear…one of these days I would just push that chair so his face will kiss the floor…” Jinyoung muttered.

            “Chill ok? Let’s not waste your time on trivial things like that…” Jaebum smiled.

            “He always has something to say that would make my blood boil…”

            “Maybe he just wanted your attention…”

            “Pfft…” Jinyoung snorted in disgust.

At the back…

            “Dude…I don’t know what your problem with Jinyoung anyway…” Jackson shook his head watching his best friend.

            “He just irritates me…that’s all…” Mark answered lazily.

            “I wonder what the thing happened in the past that got you two on each other’s throat for so long…”

            “Just ask him…he’ll tell you…this class is boring…I’m gonna bail…”

Mark slowly crept out from the classroom, going out through the back door. Jackson just shook his head looking at Mark disappearing a few seconds later.

Later that day…

Jinyoung walked out from the store and suddenly someone bumped him on the shoulder. He fell down and all of his belongings scattered on the pavement.

            “Yaa, watch where you’re going!” he hissed while getting up.

            “Sorry…I didn’t see you there…”

*That voice…*

Jinyoung looked up and saw the equally shocked Mark.

            “I should’ve known…” Jinyoung said picking up his stuff.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Mark narrowed his eyebrows.

            “Whatever…”

Jinyoung walked away hoping to get away from Mark. His day progressed from being bad to worse…not only that Jaebum didn’t came to hang out with him, the food he was craving is out of sale and bumped into Mark on top that.

*Can’t it be worse than this?* he thought.

As he walked, Jinyoung noticed familiar figure behind him. He turned and saw Mark…again.

            “What are you? Following me now?” he snapped.

            “Please…you don’t own this road…” Mark walked past him. After a few steps he stopped. “What are you? Stalking me now?” Mark used the same tone as Jinyoung did just now on him.

            “Don’t flatter yourself…you’re not my style…” Jinyoung pushed him aside.

They were walking ahead if each other but suddenly Mark stopped. Jinyoung bumped his body on Mark’s back and almost stumbled down.

            “Yaa!”

Mark stopped at his track as his eyes caught someone at the other side of the road.

*Am I seeing things right now?* he blinked a few times. He looked again and the guy was gone.

He swore that he just saw his father with a woman getting into a car.

            “Move!” Jinyoung pushed him aside. “Don’t hog the road if you’re not gonna walk…”

            “Yaa!” Mark yelled, drawing looks from people around.

******************************

At school…

            “Ms. Kim…do I have to? I mean…there are other students around…” Jinyoung pleaded. He sagged against the chair looking at his teacher.

            “Jinyoung ah…didn’t I tell you…tutoring will do good for your record…”

            “But…did it have to be him?”

            “What’s wrong? You two are in the same class and from what I know, you have the same circle of friends…it’s only until the midterm exam…around two weeks…and it’s just for an hour a day…”

            “But miss…”

            “No arguing Jinyoung ah…”

            “Yes mam…”

Jinyoung walked out from the teacher’s office with sagged shoulder and a long sigh.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” Jaebum asked as he arrived in class.

            “I’m gonna be a tutor…”

            “It’s not something you haven’t done before…what’s the problem?”

            “You’ll see…”

It’s free period and Mark dragged his lazy feet towards the library. He doesn’t understand why he had to do this tutoring thing. It’s not that he have the lowest grade in school…he just couldn’t care less about literature…there’s no single aspect in his life that required him to excel in it. He loves dancing and martial art and the last time he checked, neither use literature in it.

He went to the tutoring section in the library and found Jinyoung at the table with stacks of books.

            “Don’t tell me…” he said widening his eyes in disbelief. *He’s gonna be my tutor?*

            “What are you doing standing there? Just face the fact that I’m gonna be your tutor for the next couple of weeks…” Jinyoung glared at him, equally annoyed with this arrangement.

Mark sat in front of Jinyoung with his usual cockiness and blankly staring at the books.

            “We gonna start with the assignment that Ms. Kim gave last week…” Jinyoung opened on of the books. “Here…read this until this end and do the summary…I’ll check your work in 10 minutes…”

            “Why do I have to do everything you said?” Mark frowned. The thought of writing summary already making him extremely tired.

            “Because I’m your tutor…now do as I say or we won’t leave this place and I don’t want that to happen…”

            “Fine…”

Mark grabbed his pen and starts writing. Jinyoung occasionally glanced over at Mark and saw the guy is writing in earnest.

            “I’m done…” Mark slides the book to Jinyoung’s side.

            “Hmm…” Jinyoung scanned through the paragraphs. “Not bad…now, do the next questions…”

            “Do I have to?”

            “Yup…my word is the law while you’re with me…” Jinyoung smirked in victory. It gave him the greatest pleasure to get Mark under his fingers.

            “Damn it…” Mark hissed. He was mad but there’s nothing he could do about it. For once he wished that exam will come faster than usual.

After school…

            “So, Jinyoung is your new tutor? Daebak…” Jackson laughed. He could imagine how Mark would react at the fact.

            “It’s a bunch of …Ms. Kim just did that to me just because I didn’t do most of her assignments…” Mark kicked the pebble on the field as he and Jackson walked towards the gate.

            “Serve you right then…anyway…maybe you could take this chance to get along with Jinyoung…”

            “Get along with that nerd brat? Only when hell freezes over…”

Mark looked around and saw Jinyoung walked out from the entrance with Jaebum in tow.

            “So, how’s the tutoring session going? I hope there’s no war in the library…” Jaebum chuckled. He knew how much Jinyoung hate the idea of tutoring his enemy.

            “It feels like eternity waiting for him to solve a simple question…I wonder what’s in that head of his…” Jinyoung shook his head.

            “I guess everything is fine then…”

            “I bet you’re loving this right? Watching me in agony…” Jinyoung glared at Jaebum.

            “Can’t say that I don’t like it…” Jaebum ran away.

            “Yaa!”

 

First chapter...tell me what you guys think...

Don't forget to flood the comment box below...

ANNYEONG!!!