(Drabble) The Struggles of Reviewing

Still Waters Run Deep (A Compilation of Short Stories/Drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun checked the digital clock on top of the bedside table which indicated that there’s just a few minutes away from ten. She then looked back at the reviewers in her hand and sighed at the realization that she needed to stay for the rest of the night (and maybe until the dawn) just to finish the notes.

She smacked both of her cheeks lightly, as if to remind herself to remain awake. She even finished her third cup of coffee to fight the heaviness of her eyelids. Two major exams and three long tests awaited for next week. Thus, to secure her place on the list of achievers, she started already on the review.

She’s pretty fine with general zoology and trigonometry but history and organic chemistry were the two worst enemies she ever encountered.

 

“Oh, God.”

 

She groaned when she heard the volume of the music that came from the other unit went louder. She thought that the music was too loud that she wouldn’t be able to completely concentrate on her studies.

She recalled that it had been the third consecutive night when the neighbouring unit had a blast. It already got on her nerves because her earphones were useless against the blowing speakers.

Seohyun cursed.

She stood and wore a random hoodie. She marched out of her room and leaned to the door of her neighbour to verify if the loud music did come from there. She felt anger filled her up as Kesha’s voice proved that it was the right room.

She braced herself and rang the doorbell.

But as the door creaked open, she unconsciously stepped backwards.

The door revealed a guy who only wore boxer shorts and a lazy smile on his face as he hovered over the door frame to prevent her from seeing what’s inside the room. His doe-like eyes bore through her, urging her to speak up.

Seohyun mentally shoved her hand on to search for her tongue since she couldn’t seem to talk to the guy.

He wasn’t particularly tall but his bare arms and torso manifested well-shaped muscles. He didn’t look like he’s on steroids though, just a regular in exercising.

 

“I’m y and I know it.”

 

A frown appeared in Seohyun’s face. At first, she thought that the man was pertaining to himself. She was about to feel guilty for looking at him but she realized that he stared right onto her chest, reading the words printed at the front of her hoodie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter