(Drabble) You are My Cup of Tea

Still Waters Run Deep (A Compilation of Short Stories/Drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I deserve a coffee break.

 

Seohyun writhed as she announced the thought to herself. She had too much stress to deal with from the past few days, yet, she knew, at the innermost tissue of her brain, that it wasn’t the most practical time to go to the cafe in front of the building she worked at.

Her life was particularly comprised of pragmatic and efficient decisions. From her hairstyle, which was always in a tidy, high ponytail, then down to her glossy pumps; the littlest detail in her by the way, she made sure that everything was proper.

And that was definitely the very basic reason why she ordered just a brewed coffee, strong and black–even she was already in a tempting, luscious-looking café. Since her presence there was unknown to her boss, she didn’t have any leisure time to spend there. She was minimizing the minutes she would spend, taking in a lungful of the coffee's aroma. The balm atmosphere fluttered its way through her nostrils and soothed down her nerves.

 

Hell, yes, I do deserve this.

 

She inhaled as much as her lungs could take in, not wanting to breathe out if wasn’t for the fact that she might actually strangle herself. Slowly, she exhaled. And just as she was about to savour the last amount of the coffee in her disposable medium-sized cup, she met the eyes of a man she hadn’t seen before.

Consciousness knocked off on her like a strong slap and she immediately put the disposable down and dabbed a napkin at . It would be really unfeminine of her if the guy behind the counter saw a frothy moustache on her. But realization hit her even harder when she recalled that she needed not to worry for she only ordered a simple brewed coffee.

With too much embarrassment within herself, she decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter