(Drabble) Do a Moonlight Flit

Still Waters Run Deep (A Compilation of Short Stories/Drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of the corner of his eye, Baekhyun discreetly observed the slender figure who stood by the window of his dorm room. Light auburn short hair spilled on her back as she passively watched a group of boys outside, on a rush.

 

He noted the black cotton nightshirt that ended on her knees, pink leg warmers and the fluffy slippers she all wore that night. More often, she’d put on PJs which all looked like they belong to a seven year-old girl rather than a senior from his university. At times, she would use long silky traditional nightdresses that trailed on the grounds she’d walk on as if she was wearing her grandma’s nightwear.

 

“I don’t understand you at all.” He muttered, a pretentious scowl visible on his face. For the first few times that she went there, maybe he was indeed irritated. But currently, he wasn’t really that sure anymore. He felt almost nice whenever she dashed at his place during night times.

 

The slender figure, who’s feminine in all angles, tilted her head to show a lopsided grin plastered on her face. The moon’s rays glowed at the exposed side of her beautiful face and he could see the fair complexion of her skin.

 

“The feeling is mutual.” She responded, the gentle voice caressing his hearing senses. She pertained to how Baekhyun carelessly flipped the pages of the book he probably had read for the fourth time already.

 

Baekhyun looked away, a blush creeping its way to display his embarrassment. Of course, he didn’t want her to know that he’d only do that because her presence made him feel fidgety more frequently.

 

“Why do you have to hide here anyway?”

 

He knew the question would be left unanswered but still, he wanted a diversion. He had to chase the unnecessary feelings away, that fluttered inside his chest every time he’d have an eye contact with the woman a few meters in front of him.

 

“Don’t you want me here Baekhyun?” She countered, giving him a question instead.

 

“Y-you don’t respond a question to a question.” He stuttered, looking anywhere but her. He heard her close the window blinds which then made his room even darker. The small conical lampshade beside him was a little dim, perhaps because it’s an old one.

 

“So you do or you don’t want me here?”

 

Now, her voice a bit tighter, posing another question at him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter