Busted

Love Me If You Dare

Present

 
 
 

Ji Soo just finished doing her make up--concealer and eyeliner and looked at herself in the mirror. If Umma knew why I'm going out, she'd kill me for sure. She decided to just leave her long, brown hair down and started searching through her closet for something to wear to her date. If we're going to a fancy restaurant, then I should wear a nice dress, but Umma will get too suspicious... Ji Soo pulled out a sky blue blouse and held it in front of her. I'll just wear something casual and change at the restaurant. 

     She opened her closet and found the dress that she bought the day before and stuffed it into her bag and started changing into her blouse and jeans. I really hope I don't get caught tonight, she thought while she admired herself in the mirror. She decided that she looked too well-polished, so she ruffled her hair a little bit, wrinkled her blouse, and slightly smudged her eye make-up. Once she finished getting ready, she called her boyfriend, Yu Han.

     "Hey, Yu Han."

     Before Yu Han could reply, somebody burst into Ji Soo's room. 

     Startled, Ji Soo stood up immediately and threw her phone onto her bed. 

     "Hello?" Yu Han said through the phone. "Ji Soo, are you ready yet? I'm outside right now."

     I'm busted, she thought. I probably pressed the stupid speaker mode button when I threw my phone.

     Ji Soo's mother set her laundry on her bed and folded her arms in front of Ji Soo. 

     "Is that Yu Han?" she asked. "You know I don't like you calling him. Hang up right now." 

     Having no choice but to obey her mom, Ji Soo reached for her phone and ended the call.

     "Where are you going with him?"

     "A restaurant," Ji Soo replied, silently.

     "For what occasion?" her mother asked.

     Ji Soo didn't reply. She glanced up at her mother and immediately looked back down. The cold, death glare her mother was giving was the scariest, most terrifying she has ever seen it. Her eyes looked like they were emitting lightning bolts right at Ji Soo and her face would kill if looked at for too long.

     "I told you not to see him anymore," her mother declared. "Let me guess. You were going to lie to me and say that you were going out with your friends. Then, you would get to the restaurant with Yu Han, change into a fancy dress, and dine with him without my knowing. I know you too well, Han Ji Soo."

      She called my by my full name, she thought. This is bad. All Ji Soo could do was stare at the ground and look ashamed because that was exactly how she planned to spend the night.

     "Call Yu Han right now and tell him that I will not allow you to leave this house. Tell him that this is the last time I will deal with something like this again. Tell him that the two of you are over."

     "Umma!" Ji Soo cried.

     Before Ji Soo could say anything else, her mother left the room and slammed the door, ending the conversation and leaving Ji Soo in a state of tears and indecisiveness. Of course, it wasn't the first time something like this happened, but Ji Soo felt that this time, it's for real, so she grabbed her phone and called Yu Han. 

     "Hey. I can't go out tonight."

     "What?! But it's our five year anniversary. We planned this a long time ago, and do you know how hard it was to make this reservation?"

     This made Ji Soo cry harder, but she managed not to stutter while talking to Yu Han. 

     "I know. I just can't go."

     "But we made a deal. I was going to make the reservation, and you were going to pay for the meal," Yu Han argued.

     "I know. I'm sorry. My mom found out. I can't."

     "You know what? I'm tired of hearing that whenever we go out. I've heard it constantly during the entire five years we've been together, and I think we should just stop."

     "What?" Ji Soo couldn't believe her ears. And here I was supposed to be the one breaking up with him.

     "We've been doing this for half a decade, and honestly, I'm sick of it. I'll see you later, Ji Soo."

     Yu Han hung up, just like that, but Ji Soo still had her phone up to her ear. Is this a dream? she thought. She slowly set her phone down on the nightstand and sat on her bed, staring at the dress that she bought specially for that night. Her mother walked in and noticed the dark atmosphere.

     "Yu Han left," her mother stated. "Stop being so over dramatic. He only liked you for our money."

     Ji Soo didn't argue back and lay down on her bed.

     The doorbell rang, so she quickly sat up. Is that Yu Han? Was it all a prank? Maybe I didn't hear correctly after all.

     "It's not Yu Han. Don't get so excited."     

     Ji Soo's mother went out to get the door. 

     "Ah, Yobo. Welcome home."

     Ji Soo got up and turned off the light. She was going to sleep early that night.

     "Ji Min, is something wrong with Ji Soo?" her father asked. "She usually sleeps at midnight."

     "Oh, it's nothing," Ji Min said. "Ji Soo is just sulking because her boyfriend broke up with her, but I'm talking seriously here, she could do so much better."

     "Ah...I see. Is there any way we can make her feel better?"

     "How about we go out and buy her a tall, handsome man who is reliable, selfless, and caring who would do anything for Ji Soo?" Ji Min said sarcastically. 

     "You know, when you said that, I instantly thought of somebody from work. I think Jung Yong Hwa from C.N.Blue fits that description perfectly. Except maybe the part where he would do anything for her."

     "Wait," Ji Min said. "You just gave me an idea. Why don't you ask Yong Hwa to go on a date with Ji Soo?"

     "What? Sung Ho said. "I thought we were kidding. You actually want Yong Hwa to date Ji Soo?"

     "Yes!! You are his boss. Make him go on a date with her. It'll be perfect," she said. "He is tall, polite, and so handsome. Plus, he's talented, he won't take advantage of us for our money like Yu Han, and--"

     "Yobo, I don't know how that'll work out. I'm sure Yong Hwa doesn't even want to go on a date with anybody at this point."

     "Yeah? Well that's too bad. You're his boss. Just make him go."

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: