A Brilliant Idea

Love Me If You Dare

A Brilliant Idea

 
 
 

The next morning, Sung Ho woke up and checked his phone before anything else. Ten missed calls from Yong Hwa? What is this? Why is he calling me so early in the morning?

     Sung Ho was about to call Yong Hwa back, but his phone vibrated before he could even make the call. 

     "Yobosayo?" Sung Ho answered. 

     "Sung Ho!!" Yong Hwa shouted. "Someone wrote an article about Min Hyuk and Ji Soo, and it's completely wrong! They got all of the facts messed up. At first, I wasn't really bothered by it, but it bugged me all night. Can you please tell the reporter to fix it, please?"

     "Calm down," Sung Ho said. "I just woke up. What article are you talking about, and what does my daughter have to do with it?"

     "You mean you haven't read it yet?" Yong Hwa asked. "It's all over the internet. Sung Ho, fix it!!"

     "Yong Hwa," Sung Ho sighed. "I can't just snap my fingers and have the problem be fixed. I'll read the article, and we'll discuss it at work. Araso?"

     "Fine!" Yong Hwa agreed. "Bring Ji Soo too."

     Yong Hwa ended the call, leaving Sung Ho confused and curious about the article. What is he talking about, bringing Ji Soo to work? He's such a little drama queen, Sung Ho thought. 

     He got up and made his way to the bathroom to wash up first. Yong Hwa could be so frustrating and demanding sometimes. Maybe I should have set Ji Soo up with Min Hyuk.

     He walked back to his room and decided to read the article before changing into his work clothes. What?? How could Yong Hwa have left Ji Soo to guide Min Hyuk to the dorm? This is bad. Rumors are going to spread and more articles will be written. We need to extinguish this right away. 

     Sung Ho already prepared his clothes the night before, so he quickly changed into his trousers and dress shirt. He tied his tie in ten seconds, threw on his blazer and hurried to wake Ji Soo. It's six o' clock a.m. I hope she doesn't mind going to work with me today.

     "Hey, Ji Soo," Sung Ho said. "Wake up. You should come to work with me today."

     He looked at Ji Soo's sleeping face and saw tears streaming from her closed eyes again. She's still not over that gold-digger, he thought with a sigh. 

     He started to shake her arm, but Ji Soo still wouldn't wake up. 

     "Ji Soo!" he shouted. "Wake up! It's extremely important."

     Ji Min walked in and witnessed Sung Ho trying to awaken Ji Soo.

     "Yobo, why are you trying to wake her up?" she asked. "What's the problem?"

     "An article was written about her and Min Hyuk and I need her to come to work with me today," Sung Ho answered. "Could you wake her up for me?"

     "No problem at all," Ji Min responded. "It's easy. Step aside."

     Ji Min tore the blanket off of Ji Soo's body in one swift movement and bent down to put her finger under Ji Soo's nose to stop her from breathing. At this, Ji Soo started to groan and twist in her sleep. 

     "JI SOO, WAKE UP," Ji Min yelled.

     Ji Soo woke up, startled, to see her mother's face fifteen centimeters from hers and her frightened father right next to her mother. She glanced at her alarm clock and discovered it was way too early to wake up. Why are they waking me up so early?! she thought.

     "Ji Soo, I need you to come to work with me," Sung Ho said. "It's about Min Hyuk kissing you yesterday afternoon."

     She perked up once she heard this. How does he know?

     "It's written all over the Internet. I need to talk to all three of you at once before it gets worse. You could get really hurt."

     Ji Soo couldn't believe it. She quickly got up to brush her teeth and wash her face in the bathroom. Once she was done washing up, she applied her favorite BB creme to her face and drew a cat line on her eyes. I didn't really make a good impression with my appearance yesterday. I'll make it up today, she thought.

     She walked back into her room and slid the door to her closet open. She stared at her collection of brand name clothing for a while and began to search the piles of clothes for something decent to wear. I should go for casual, right? She held the sky blue blouse in front of her. I really like this, but it reminds me...

     Who cares about Yu Han anymore?! I'm gonna wear it. Ji Soo changed into jeans and the blouse and admired herself in the mirror. This blouse makes me look slightly slimmer, she thought, satisfied.

     Ji Soo made her way to the living room where they all had an awkward breakfast. This is so uncomfortable, thought Ji Soo.

     Once they were all done eating, Ji Soo offered to help her mother with the dishes. 

     "Ji Soo, just go meet your father outside. I know you're stalling. You never offer to help with the dishes," Ji Min said. 

     She smiled and kissed Ji Soo on her cheek. 

     "I know you're a little scared, but it'll be alright. Your father will take care of you. I love you!"

     "Love you too, Umma," Ji Soo replied.

     She ran outside where her father already startde the engine to the car, so she opened the passenger seat and stepped inside. This car drive is going to be so embarrassing, she thought. I can just feel it. He's going to ask me how the date went and who I like better.

     They drove for about ten minutes when Sung Ho broke the silence.

     "Ji Soo," he said. "How did the date go yesterday?"

     "It was pretty fun," Ji Soo replied. "I got a lot of things off my mind. It was nice."

     "So...who did you like better?"

     Ji Soo turned a bright red color. "Why ask me that?"

     "It seemed that Min Hyuk really liked you. I know he wouldn't kiss you just because you were pretty."

     "I just helped him out because he needed it, and what's this about an article?"

     "You'll see when we get there."

      Ji Soo was curious, but she'd just have to wait about an hour until they got to the FNC headquaters in Cheong-dam dong. When they arrived, Ji Soo followed her father into his office on the tenth floor and took a seat in one of the chairs. This is scary. What's going to happen? she thought. 

     Sung Ho called for Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa, and they arrived to his office in less than three minutes. Yong Hwa walked in first and caught sight of Ji Soo. She's so pretty when she tries, he admired. She looks slightly slimmer too....What am I thinking??

     Waahh! I thought she was cute yesterday, but she's lovelier today, Min Hyuk thought.

     "Yong Hwa, Min Hyuk, have a seat," Sung Ho said. "I'm just going to go right into business. We all know what this is about, right? The article stated that Yong Hwa was jealous when he witnessed Min Hyuk kissing Ji Soo on the forehead. Am I right?"

     "Wait, what?" Ji Soo asked. She turned to Yong Hwa. "You were jealous?"

     "No," Yong Hwa answered, turning pink, "It was completely wrong. I wasn't jealous at all."

     "So that part about Min Hyuk kissing Ji Soo was correct?" Sung Ho asked.

     "Yes, it was," Min Hyuk replied.

     Sung Ho sighed. How are we going to fix this? There are probably hundreds of articles all over the Internet about this. Wait...that's not necessarily a bad thing...

     "As of yesterday and today, Kang Min Hyuk are the most searched words on the internet. This is the first time Min Hyuk has been searched more than Yong Hwa, and I want it to stay that way for awhile. That way, more people will hear about C.N.Blue and Min Hyuk's popularity will increase," Sung Ho explained. "I think it's best for the group, Min Hyuk, and Ji Soo at the same time."

     "Wait, what are you saying?!" Yong Hwa gasped.

     "For everybody's sake, let's make Min Hyuk and Ji Soo a real couple."

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: