Foolish Words

Love Me If You Dare

Foolish Words

 
 
 

The next morning, when Han Sung Ho, the CEO of FNC Entertainment, was getting ready for work, he went into Ji Soo's room to check on her before he eats breakfast. He opened the door to her room and saw at least fifty tissues strewn all over her bed. She must have been crying all night long. He heard sniffling coming from the bed, so he walked closer to it and saw Ji Soo lying down with her eyes closed, tears streaming down her face. Is she...Is she sleep crying? Sung Ho thought with disbelief. 

     He bent down to kiss Ji Soo on her forehead. 

     "It'll get better, Ji Soo," he assured her. "I promise you."

     Sung Ho quietly exited her room and went down to eat breakfast. 

     "Good morning, Yobo," Sung Ho said.

     He gave her a kiss on the cheek and sat down, ready to eat the delicious breakfast that his wife makes every morning.

     "I don't know why Ji Soo is so upset over losing that kid Yu Han," he said to his wife, Ji Min. "He was a rude, selfish gold-digger!"

     "That's what I'm saying," Ji Min agreed. "That's why you need to set her up on a date with Jung Yong Hwa today."

     "I know, but I know Yong Hwa. He could get really stubborn. One time, I ruffled his hair, so he grabbed my arm and said, 'I don't want you doing that. Ever.' He walked off without saying another word to me for a week!" Sung Ho told her.

     "You're his boss," Ji Min said. "Just make him go on the date."

     "And if it doesn't work out?"

     "Well, what can we do? We'll just make them be together," Ji Min said with an evil grin.

     Sung Ho kept eating after he heard this. She can be so scary sometimes. I feel bad for Ji Soo, he thought.

 

     When Sung Ho arrived in his office at Cheongdam-dong, he immediately called for Jung Yong Hwa, so he sat back and waited for him to arrive. He will probably reject my offer, Sung Ho thought. I'll just give him some incentive.

     There was a knock on the door, and Yong Hwa walked in. 

     "Ah, Yong Hwa! Sit down, sit down. Do you want some tea? Coffee?"

     "No, it's fine. I just had coffee earlier," Yong Hwa replied.

     "Alright, then let me get right down to business," Sung Ho said. "The reason why I called you here is to ask you for a favor. Do you really want to participate in the charity football (soccer) game tomorrow?"

     "Well, not really, but it's for a good cause," Yong Hwa said. "Why?"

     "I know you must be tired from all of the activities you've been doing," Sung Ho explained. "If you want to take a little break, do you mind going on a blind date?"

     "With who?" Yong Hwa asked suspiciously.

     "What do you think a 'blind date' is?" Sung Ho laughed.

     "I won't do it," Yong Hwa declared. "Ask the other members."

     He got up to leave, but Sung Ho grabbed his arm to stop him. Ji Min wouldn't stand it if I told her that Yong Hwa didn't agree to go. I can already imagine her with that death glare, he thought.

     "Wait, Yong Hwa, listen! The other members aren't as popular as you are," Sung Ho said desperately. "They need to participate in the game to get more publicity, but you are already way more popular than they are. Just relax for tomorrow and go on this date."

     Yong Hwa contemplated for a few seconds. do deserve a break, and it's about time he gave me one, he thought. He turned around and crossed his arms to face Sung Ho.

     "I will go, but on one condition," he said. "You pay for the date, and if anything goes wrong, and she is the one at fault, then I will never go on another date you set up again. I'll be leaving now."

     "Komawoyo!" Sung Ho called out.

     Yong Hwa strutted out of Sung Ho's office and made his way down to the C.N.Blue practice room. The three members stopped playing once their leader walked in and became curious as to why the CEO called for him.

     "Hyung!" Jung Shin called out. "What did the CEO want?"

      Yong Hwa smirked. "He told me not to go to the charity football game since I'm already so popular and to go on a blind date instead." he boasted. "He practically begged me to go."

     "Waahh~" Jong Hyun acknowledged. "You're so cool, Hyung!"

     It must be nice to go on a date. Hyung is so lucky! thought Jong Hyun.

     Min Hyuk, the drummer of C.N.Blue, didn't say anything and pretended to be busy tuning his drums. Why is it always Hyung? Why can't it ever be me for once? he thought. No. Stop it, Min Hyuk. Don't think such foolish words.

 

     "Ji Soo!" Ji Min hissed. "Get up! You've been sleep crying all night. I have some good news for you."

     "Was last night all a dream?" Ji Soo mumbled.

     "Thankfully it wasn't. Your father just called. He said that Yong Hwa agreed to go on a date with you tomorrow. Isn't that fantastic?!" said Ji Min. 

     "Umma. That's not fantastic at all," Ji Soo said. "I just...broke up...with Yu Han. You think I want to go on a date?!"

     "Of course not, but you're going," Ji Min announced. "And it's going to be perfect."

     I just woke up. Why is she saying such foolish words?!

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: