You Again

Love Me If You Dare

You Again

 
 
 

Yong Hwa woke up the next day and remembered that he was supposed to be going on a blind date instead of the charity football (soccer) game. He got up without fixing his sheets and marched to the bathroom to wash up. He brushed his teeth and thoroughly washed his face with one of his many facial cleansers. Then, he took out his straightener and cautiously straightened every single hair on his head.  About an hour later, when he was done with his hair, he grabbed his favorite BB creme and applied some to his face when Min Hyuk walked in.

     "Good morning, Hyung," he said, sleepily. Oh. he's getting ready for his date today.

     "Hyung, are you sure you want to go on the date?" Min Hyuk asked. "I can go on it for you if you'd like."

     "Min Hyuk, do you want to hear what the CEO said to me yesterday?" Yong Hwa repeated. "He said that he couldn't ask anyone else but me because I'm already so popular. I don't need to participate in the football game to get even more publicity than I already do now. Maybe someday, when you're as talented and handsome as me, the CEO will ask you instead. Dreams do come true, you know."

     Min Hyuk just stood there, taking in Hyung's harsh words one at a time. Yong Hwa gave Min Hyuk a pat on the back and went to change his clothes. 'Dreams do come true?'  Min Hyuk thought. He's so cocky. I don't understand why everyone adores him. 

     Yong Hwa opened his closet and found himself wondering what to wear to his first date in years. He sifted through his wardrobe for his favorite blazer, but thought twice. We're only going out for ice cream. I shouldn't wear something too flashy, he thought. He searched his closet for something more casual to wear. He found a black and white striped T-shirt. This will work, right? I don't know...She might think I'm into that mime stuff. What am I thinking? I'll still look fabulous. Now, where are my jeans? he thought.

      He yanked out the jeans from the bottom of a messy pile and changed into the clothes. Once he finished chaning, he examined himself in the mirror. I look good! Why was I even worrying about what to wear? he thought with confidence. 

     He walked out into the kitchen to eat home-made breakfast.

     "Hyung~" Jung Shin called. "I made miso soup today. Eat well to prepare for your outing today."

     Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk finished washing up and sat at the table to eat Jung Shin's delicious miso soup.

     "Jalmeokkessumnida," they all said to Jung Shin.

     Once they were all done eating, the three youngest members of C.N.Blue went out to prepare for their charity ball game while Yong Hwa decided to watch television and relax since he had an hour before the date.

 

     "Ji Soo!" Ji Min shouted. "It's already noon! Wake up!!!"

     "Umma," Ji Soo grunted. "I'm not going. Whatever you do or say, I can't."

     Ji Min spanked Ji Soo's . 

     "Umma!!" Ji Soo yelled.

     "Just go on this date," Ji Min pleaded. "Only two hours. Go out for two hours and you can sulk for the rest of the week. You'll have lots of fun, I promise."

     Ji Soo got out of bed and went to brush her teeth. If I continued to refuse, she would have just dragged me to him. Better to just go by will than be lugged by Umma in public.

     Ji Soo couldn't care less about what to wear, so she threw on some jeans and an oversized plain black T-shirt. Who am I trying to impress? If it's not Yu Han, I don't care, she thought. Ji Soo brushed her hair and didn't even bother to apply make-up to her swollen face and eyes. 

     She went down to eat, but she didn't really have an appetite, so she ate just a bowl of plain white rice.

     Wow, she is pathetic, Ji Min thought. I hope this date goes well.

     Once Ji Soo was done eating, Ji Min drove her to an ice cream shop in a small town. In order to prevent scandal between Yong Hwa and Ji Soo, Sung Ho told them both to go directly to the ice cream shop. Ji Min dropped her off at the same time Yong Hwa arrived in his car, and they looked at each other. 

     Yong Hwa recognized Ji Soo right away. It's that girl...What's her name? Han Ji Soo! Ughhh why is she here? Is...she my date?! No!! What?

     Ji Soo did not recognize Yong Hwa at all from when they were kids. I wish I were with Yu Han instead of this mime, she thought.

     They stared at each other for a while until Ji Soo saw somebody familar behind Yong Hwa. She brushed past him and chased the familar face while Yong Hwa ran after her and smirked. She still runs slow.

     Ji Soo ran and caught the person who she thought she saw. 

     "Yu Han?" Ji Soo panted. 

     He turned around, and indeed it was Yu Han, but his arm was around another girl's shoulder. Ji Soo looked at them and her heart sank because the girl was wearing brand name clothes and shoes, and even her bag looked new and expensive. She wore gold jewelry, and looked like a perfectly wealthy person. Her hair was blonde and it gloriously shone and glimmered in the sunlight, and her face was caked with make-up. She looked exactly like a movie star on the red carpet.

     "What is it, Ji Soo?" Yu Han asked. "I'm kind of in the middle of something."

     Ji Soo was taken aback by Yu Han's abrupt words.

     "Why...Why--" Ji Soo stuttered.

     "If you're wondering why I broke up with you, then I'll quickly spell it out for you." Yu Han explained. "I don't like you. I will never like you, and there's nothing you can do about it. Honestly, I went out with you for your money, but it wasn't worth it. Your mom was always getting in the way, and it was so annoying, so I broke up with you. Can I go now?"

     Ji Soo couldn't believe her ears. This is all a prank, isn't it? Tomorrow, he's going to show up at my house and apologize with a bouquet, right? That's just what Yu Han would do. He's such a funny person. Right?

     Yu Han smirked when he saw Yong Hwa behind Ji Soo. 

     "Your daddy set you up with an idol, didn't he?" Yu Han said. "I bet he was only willing to go on a date with you in order to kiss his boss's ."

     Ji Soo stared at the ground, feeling the tears forming. If she blinked once, the tears would fall, giving Yu Han the satisfaction of making her cry in public. Yong Hwa glared at Yu Han, grabbed Ji Soo's shoulders from behind and turned her away from him. He took her arm and dragged her away. Once they were out of Yu Han's sight, Yong Hwa let go, and they made their way back to the ice cream shop together.

     Their hands were hitting as they walked side by side, so Yong Hwa grabbed Ji Soo's hand and held it in front of her. 

     "It hurts to walk next to you," he said. "Walk further away from me." 

     This was like that part in Heartstrings, Yong Hwa thought. Except I didn't tell Gyu Won to walk further away from me...Oh well.

     Ji Soo obeyed him without arguing. Yu Han never loved me. He already found another girl. And for some reason, Yong Hwa doesn't like me either. Why not?! It's not like I ever caused him any emotional pain.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: