Do me a Favor

Love Me If You Dare

Do me a Favor

 
 
 

The next day, Sung Ho decided to take Ji Soo to work again so that she and Min Hyuk could get to know each other before they start dating for the press.

     "Ji Soo, hurry up! I'm going to be late!" Sung Ho said.

     Ji Soo opened her closet and began to contemplate on what to wear. I should just wear something comfortable today, she thought. Where is my star sweater?

      She rummaged through the many piles of clothes but couldn't find it. Where could it have gone? She scoured her closet for a second time until she finally found her sweater balled up under a heap of clothes. I really like this sweater. How come it was piled underneath all these clothes?

     Ji Soo recalled an event that occured when she went on a date to the movies with Yu Han the year before. She wore the star sweater, but he scolded her for wearing something so grotesque that it made him look  awful just by standing next to her. He drove her home before they even bought the movie tickets, and Ji Soo cried her eyeballs out, thinking that it was her fault that ruined the date. She chose to revamp her closet and vowed that something like that would never happen again. 

     Ha. Who cares about Yu Han anymore? I'm going to wear all of the clothes that he didn't approve of from now on, she thought.

     "Hurry, Ji Soo!" Sung Ho called. "We're going to be late!"

     Ji Soo quickly threw on her sweater and some jeans and ran to the living room to eat breakfast. Wait! My socks!

     She ran back into her room, grabbed her socks, and tried to put one on while hopping on one foot. She barely had one sock on when her father rushed into her room, grabbed her arm and dragged her outside. 

     "We don't have time for breakfast," Sung Ho said. "We need to go! I'll buy you some bread when we get there."

     They ran out the door and scrambled into the car. Sung Ho started up the engine, pulled out of the driveway and into the street they went. I'm so tired. Why can't work start at noon?

     Ji Soo yawned emphatically. 

     "You should take a nap," Sung Ho advised. "You usually don't wake up this early since it's summer break."

     Ji Soo listened to her father and leaned her head on the window to take a nap. 

  

     "Ji Soo, I like you," Yong Hwa declared.

     "Wh-What?!" Ji Soo said. "Are you talking to...me?"

     "Of course. I wouldn't like any other Han Ji Soo," he confessed.

     "I have a boyfriend," Ji Soo reminded him. 

     "Just go on one date with me. I promise you that you won't ever forget it."

     Yong Hwa took her hand and they walked around the park together. He looked at Ji Soo's outfit. Star pattern? he thought. That's my favorite.

     "Ji Soo, guess what," he said.

     "What is it, Oppa?"

     "You're beautiful." 

     Ji Soo's face turned a bright pink color, and she laughed hesitantly. What is this? she thought. I can't like him...What will Yu Han think..

     Yong Hwa stole this opportunity to place his arm around her shoulder and swiftly pecked her cheek. Ji Soo couldn't help it. She giggled and put her head on his shoulder. Yu Han saw them from afar and hastily ran towards them. 

     "Hey, Ji Soo!" Yu Han yelled. "What are you doing?!"

     "I-I'm uhh," Ji Soo was at a lost for words. Where did he come from?! she thought.

     Yu Han grabbed her arm and started pulling her away from Yong Hwa, but Yong Hwa slapped his hand away. 

     "Don't touch her," Yong Hwa warned. "I love her." 

     Yu Han howled with laughter while Ji Soo's heart skipped a beat.

     "Love, you say? She's not looking very presentable today with her hideous star sweater, yet you're saying you love her. What is wrong with you?"

     Yong Hwa punched Yu Han's face. 

     "Her star sweater is fabulous.  You don't deserve such a stunning girl like Ji Soo," he spat at Yu Han.

     Yong Hwa took Ji Soo's hand in his and they ran away, leaving Yu Han with a black eye. They ran into the shade of a tree where Yong Hwa held Ji Soo's face with his hands.

     "Ji Soo, promise me that you'll never see that jerk again. Promise me that you will never love someone like him."

     "Oppa, then who would I love?"

     "Me."

     They leaned in closer.....and closer.....until thier lips were three centimeters apart when...

 

     "Ji Soo, wake up," Sung Ho said. "We're almost there."

     Ji Soo jumped a little in her seat and woke up, startled. What kind of dream was that?! Me and Oppa? That'll never happen. Never in a billion years!  That was the cheesiest dream ever! The only truth in that dream was that my star sweater is fabulous. That's it. 

     Sung Ho parked his car in his spot and hurriedly stepped out of the car. He looked at his watch and realized that he was almost late for his meeting. Oh no! I can't be late again. Those guys will be furious if I'm even one minute late. Wait..what about Ji Soo? Never mind. she knows her way around here. I cannot be late!

     Sung Ho bursted into a sprint towards the building and left Ji Soo in the car. She was about to open the door when she realized...Where are my shoes?! Oh no...did I forgot my own shoes?? This is bad.. She opened the door and called for her dad at the same time the elevator closed with him in it.

     "Appa!!" she yelled.  This is horrible. What do I do? I can't just walk into a professional building with just my socks on. Who would do that?!

     Yong Hwa walked into the parking lot and made his way towards Jung Shin's car, which coincidentally, was right next to Sung Ho's. He opened the door and leaned in to grab Jung Shin's brand new lip balm pack when he spotted Ji Soo staring at him in the other car. Why doesn't she get out of the car? She's so creepy.

     What do I do? He could be the only person I'll encounter who will help me. I'll ask him for help..., she thought.

     Yong Hwa stepped in front of the passenger seat door and crouched down to knock on the window. 

     "Ji Soo, what are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be meeting Min Hyuk? Why? Do you not want to?" Yong Hwa asked.

     Ji Soo opened the door so that she could speak to him. 

     "Oppa...," Ji Soo started. "Do you have an extra pair of shoes?"

     "What? What kind of question is that?"

     Yong Hwa looked at Ji Soo's feet and saw that she was only wearing socks. He tried to suppress his laughter but failed.

     "Stop laughing! Oppa, help me out, please!"

     He began to chortle, which frustrated Ji Soo even more.

     "Oppa, stop!!" 

     "Alright, alright, but what kind of girl forgets her shoes when she's going out?"

     "I woke up late today, so I forgot. Just help me, please!"

     "Okay, but what will I get in return?" Yong Hwa asked.

     "Anything you ask for," Ji Soo replied. "Nothing weird, though!" 

     "Hmm...And I can use this anytime I want, yes?"

     "Of course!" Why is he being so stubborn? I bet he's enjoying this very much.

     Yong Hwa reached down to take his shoes off. Hm..what should I ask for? he thought with a mischievous grin.

     He laid the shoes on the ground for Ji Soo to step into.

     "Do they fit?" he asked her. "What shoe size are you?"

     "In men...Two hundred forty."

     "What?! You have such tiny feet. These shoes are two hundred sixty-five! Well, it's not like you have any other choice. Let's start walking."

     "Wait!" Ji Soo said. "What about you? You're not wearing any shoes."

     "Yeah, so what?"

     They walked towards the elevator, Ji Soo with the shoes clunkling loudly on the ground whenever she took a step. These things are huge. How does he walk in these?

     My shoes are giant on her. Should I put my arm around her shoulder? Just in case she trips...

     "Ji Soo, should I put my arm around your shoulder? You might fall, and you'll be able to walk faster," Yong Hwa offered.

     "I'm fine, Oppa," Ji Soo replied. 

     Yong Hwa turned a bright red color. Whatever. I didn't wanna help her in the first place. She can trip and fall, and I wouldn't care. 

     They reached the elevator and walked in. 

     "Ji Soo, we're going to be walking into the lobby. There aren't going to be any reporters, so don't sorry, but people will be staring. Do you want me to cover your head with my jacket?"

     "Oppa," Ji Soo said, "I'm already grateful for you lending me your shoes, but I'm fine, so don't worry so much."

     The elevator reached the lobby floor, and Ji Soo carefully walked out. They made their way into the building, where everybody stared at Ji Soo for creating such rambunctious noises with her oversized shoes. How embarrassing. Maybe I should have said yes when Oppa offered to cover me.

     "What is wrong with her? Doesn't she have her own shoes? What makes her think that she can make Yong Hwa give her his shoes? This is ridiculous," a lady said to her friend.

     Ji Soo bowed her head at them, and her face turned bright pink. Everybody around them was talking about how absurd Ji Soo must be since she was wearing Yong Hwa's shoes. Yong Hwa couldn't take it anymore, so he took off his blazer and covered Ji Soo's head with it. Then, he put his arm around her shoulder to guide her towards the elevator.

     "Ji Soo," Yong Hwa said, "don't listen to them. They don't know what they're saying. Can you hear them?" 

     "I can't hear them," she answered. "Komawoyo, Oppa."

     Yong Hwa smiled, and they entered the elevator. He took the blazer off Ji Soo's head and pressed the button to the fifth floor where the C.N.Blue practice room is, so they waited in awkward silence as the two of them traveled five floors up. 

     "Ji Soo, where did you get this star sweater?" Yong Hwa asked once they got off the elevator.

     "Oh, I got it as a gift. I'm not sure where she bought it. Why?" 

     "I just really like it," Yong Hwa said.

     "You like this?" Ji Soo asked in disbelief.

     "Yeah," Yong Hwa said. "I really like star pattern, don't you know?"

     I don't believe the most fashionable member of C.N.Blue likes my star sweater, she thought. One would think he would have a more chic and trendy taste in clothes.

     They reached the practice room and walked in together. Min Hyuk was practicing his drums when Yong Hwa and Ji Soo came in. Why is she wearing Hyung's shoes? 

     "Ji Soo, if you want, I can go across the street and buy you some shoes. You must have forgotten your shoes since you came so late, am I right?" Min Hyuk said.

     "It's okay, Oppa. You're still in crutches, so don't strain yourself," Ji Soo said. She turned to face Yong Hwa. "Oppa, Thank you so much. I think you'd want your shoes back now."

     She stepped out of Yong Hwa's shoes and gave him a bright smile. "You can ask for the favor now, if you'd like."

     "I'll think about it," Yong Hwa replied. "Right now, I need to go rehearse for my album. Ah, Jung Shin, here's your lip balm."

     Yong Hwa threw the lip balm at Jung Shin and walked out of the practice room. 

     "Hyung, I'll walk with you!" Jong Hyun called out.

     Jong Hyun rushed to catch up to Yong Hwa.

     "Why are you walking with me? You need to practice," Yong Hwa said.

     "I'm going to the trainee practice room to help Jun Hee," Jong Hyun said. "It looks like you have a crush on Ji Soo. Am I right?"

     Yong Hwa's heart quickened. "What are you talking about? Of course I don't."

     "Hyung. I've known you for nearly a decade. Even if you deny, I'll still help you out. I'll be your wingman!" Jong Hyun suggested. 

     "Stop talking nonsense," Yong Hwa said. "Ji Soo is Min Hyuk's. There is nothing you can do about that."

     "Yong Shin!" Jong Hyun yelled aloud. 

     "What is that?" Yong Hwa asked. "And keep it down. I bet AoA can hear you from their practice room on the next floor."

     Jong Hyun smiled. "You gave me and Jun Hee a couple name. Yong Shin is yours and Ji Soo's couple name."

     "What are you saying? Where does the Shin come from?"

     "She resembles the actress Park Shin Hye from the drama "Heirs," don't you think?"  

     "What are you talking about? Ji Soo doesn't resemble Shin Hye in any way."

     "Whatever you say, Hyung."

     I suppose Ji Soo does resemble Shin Hye a little bit...Yong Shin? I like how that sounds, Yong Hwa thought with a gargantuan smile which he hid from Jong Hyun.

     He's totally hiding an enormous smile from me right now, Jong Hyun thought.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: