Proven

Distraction

Yoona comes fifteen minutes earlier than what she told Jessica. She waits for the girl to show up on the top of her car while whistling Yellow.

She stares at the sky, which surprisingly full of stars tonight; enjoying the night view she is.  Her mother once said to her that the reason why people liked to look at sky was because they were fighting to not let the tears coming.  In other words, people tried to look stronger than they actually were, so the others wouldn’t see their weakness.  She never believed it, but now she does.

Her minds filled by tons of thoughts to the point that she can't pull one to clean the messy threads on her brain. Millions of questions started with ‘What if’, like ‘What if this isn’t the right thing to do?’, ‘What if she doesn’t feel the same anymore?’, ‘What if Taeyeon was wrong, that the past would clearly repeat itself?’, and so on, are invading her mind with no mercy.

Kim YoonA is in the verge of being crazy.

“You’re surprisingly early.”

Yoona knows exactly whom the voice belongs to.  She doesn't need to look away from the stars just to confirm whom it is.

"Your house is surprisingly not really far from mine."

The next thing Yoona knows is a head resting over her right shoulder.  She can feel Jessica’s warmth creeping over her body.  As far as she remembers, tonight is not that warm; and somehow the warmth is comforting.  That kind of comfort she can only feel when she is with two people: her sister and the girl beside her right now.

Kim YoonA is freaking out.  Never had she experienced such situation in her life where she doesn’t know what she supposed to do.  The fear is getting bigger and bigger, to the point she doesn’t know anymore what actually she fears the most is; the past, the love, Jessica, or herself.

"I'm here to complain."  She finally said.

Jessica doesn’t give any reaction to her words.  Either the girl isn’t paying attention or the girl is simply sleeping, Yoona doesn’t know.  But she took it as a cue for her to continue talking.

"You made me barely had a chance to sleep properly for the past days.  You make me can't think of a proper words I should say.  You make me can't have a peace of mind.  You, simply, distract everything."

Jessica still in silence and Yoona is pissed, but she isn’t finish yet.  She took a deep breath and trying to synchronize her brain with ; so, the words will come out properly.

"You broke my wall.  You've stepped the line that you shouldn't have step.  You've made the fear I fear the most to show up; the fear of loving someone, the fear of hurting someone I love, the fear of letting you go, again."

Silence. 

Jessica didn’t say anything and Yoona didn’t have anything to say anymore.  Yoona was about to get down of the top of her car when suddenly Jessica spoke.

"Are you confessing to me?"  Jessica blurted out, leaving Yoona stunned.

‘And here I thought she was sleeping.’  The first thing in Yoona’s mind once she regained her consciousness.

"I'm complaining, stupid."

"Seems to me you're not."

"Was that what people always say when they were confessing?"  Yoona asked –surrendered.

It would be an endless debate if she countered every Jessica’s words and she found herself too tired to be in denial for a very long time.

Jessica cupped Yoona's face and looked at her eyes lovingly.  Yoona can’t say anything; went dry, her mind went blank. 

To her, Jessica’s gaze is torturing yet comforting.

"Distraction is needed to remind you that...there is another thing around you that you should put your concern on also.  Too occupied with one thing is not good, you need to give yourself a break."

She tried so hard to look away from Jessica’s gaze but she failed; like how she failed to prove herself that she doesn’t love Jessica.

"To be afraid is natural.  You're not God or something.  You simply are human.  Don't let the fear to control you.  Didn't you say that you're the boss of yourself?  Then control the fear.  Show it who the real boss is."

A wide smile plastered across Yoona’s face.  She was about to say something but Jessica’s lips landed on hers.  It wasn’t a long one, but she had to wait for a long time to feel that kiss, again.

“And well, everyone who confessed to me in the past always said good things about me and sweet-nothing promises.”  Jessica chuckled.  “You are the first one to say such things to me.  Thank you for the confession, I’m flattered.”  Jessica repeated that sarcasm Yoona used when she was on the phone with her sister.

“Hey! That’s my line!”  Yoona laughed.  “Did Taeyeon inform you that I’m going here?”

“What makes you think she told me?”

“Well, you both once tricked me.”  Yoona pouted.  “And Taeyeon can’t keep shut.”  Yoona stated a matter-of-fact about her sister.

“Well, she didn’t.”  Jessica folded her arms to her chest.  “But her wife did.”

Yoona slapped her forehead.  How could she forget the fact that Taeyeon has a wife that equally can’t keep shut? Well, Tiffany’s even worse.

“What did she say?”

“She said, ‘Whatever comes from Yoona’s mouth, it is nothing but a confession.  No matter how stupid it might sounds.’”  Jessica mimicked her best-friend way of talking when the latter called her right after she received Yoona’s message.

Yoona’s jaw dropped.  She is a hundred percent sure that the mastermind was her one and only sister, Taeyeon, who smartly used her own wife to make herself innocent.  She is surely going to teach a lesson How to Keep Your Mouth Shut for Taeyeon.

“Don’t be angry to her.”  Jessica slipped her hand to Yoona’s waist and leaned into the younger’s shoulder once again.  “I believe your sister was one of the reasons why you finally here.”

“But still…”

“Hey, finally coming to the final stage of grief?”  Jessica looked up to Yoona, smirking.  “I thought you would be forever in its first stage; denial.”

“Do you want me to be forever in denial?”

“Of course not, stupid.”  Jessica slapped Yoona’s arm.  “I would be single for the rest of my life if you never came to acceptance.”

“Are you sure?  Your life surrounded by lots of hot models.”  And now it’s Yoona’s turn to smirk.  “You can introduce one to me.”

Jessica just rolled her eyes.  “But none of them dared to kiss me right at the very first meeting, unlike you.”  Yoona’s face turned red and Jessica smiles triumphantly.

“Y-yah…it was in the past okay.”

“And no.  I won’t introduce you to ANY one of them.”

And they shared a very long, passionate, kiss. 

 

They were both strangers at first.  Well, they still are, but it surely doesn’t need a long time for both them to know each other.  Like what Yoona always believes, every goodbye leads to another good hello, and it is proven.

And it is also proven that love was the worst distraction ever for Kim YoonA, but like Jessica said, it is needed to remind her that there is another thing around her that she should put her concerns on also.

“Yoong, still remember what was the random Grandmother said?”

“That Jiyeon was cute?  She’s old, I remind you.”

“No…that we were really look good together.”

“Oh yes, we are.”

 

To Jessica, the consequences of liking Kim YoonA, according to Kim Taeyeon, are no longer valid.  And she is determined to be the only worst distraction that Kim YoonA will ever have.  Showing the younger why love is not something she shouldn’t fear of is now in her number one priority.

“What are we right now, Yoona?”

“Exactly what you think we are.”

 

3

2

1

 

“I love you.”  They both said in unison.

 


I can't believe that i finally finished this story! Yeay! *cries*

I wanna say thank you, thank you very much, for everyone who keep reading on this story despite of its grammar errors, uninteresting plot story, and any bad things on the list hahaha.  Also, thank you to all of you who upvoted, subscribed, and commented.  I really, really, appreciate that. (And to think this story got more than a hundred subscribers is really something *tears of joy*)

And for yoonsic shippers out there, THAT LOVE SIGN ! currently can't stop fangirling over them.

I'm thinking of another plot of story (probably a genderbender one) but still not really confident to post it here, tho.  What do you think? hehehe.

Once again, Thank You!