The Meeting

Distraction

She wakes up by the smell of pancakes freshly baked from the oven or whatever the pancakes maker name is. She takes a look to her phone right beside her.  It is quite a habit of her whenever she wakes up, the first thing she always do is checking her phone out; checking the time that is.  07.00 am, it says.  It is not a top secret also that she is not a morning person and it won't be surprising that she's kinda annoyed that her beauty sleep was disturbed just by the smell of pancakes.  She couldn't blame herself though, since it is her appreciation to food that is extremely high to the point that it could wakes her up just by the smell of it.  Or she could blame her slightly open door instead, the reason why the smell could even enters her room.  She takes a deep breath and let out a sigh as she gets up from her bed and do some stretching like she always does.  She wears her slippers and takes a glance to the mirror; messy hair and dark-circles under her eyes greet her.  Ignoring her oh-so-unrepresentative look, she walks out her room, to where those pancakes are.

"Shouldn't you wake Yoona up now? She said that she needs to go somewhere at 9." Said the girl with raven hair to the midget other girl next to her.

"No need Tiffany-unnie, I'm fully awake now.  Thanks to the pancakes, anyway." Yoona replied even before the midget other girl could open .  She takes the seat next to her Tiffany-unnie on her left since the right one is occupied by a midget known as her sister, Kim Taeyeon.

"Also, if you let the midget wakes me up, I'm sure that I'm going to kill you later, unnie." She said again nonchalantly, receiving a glare from the girl in front of her. "You know that her way of waking me up is inhuman.  Yelling right to my ear? Oh dear God."

"Yah! How could you say that to me?! And a midget? I don't think I'm short enough to be called a midget."

"But short enough for a 25 year-old girl, Taeyeon.  Accept your fate, midget."

Tiffany just chuckled, seeing these two sisters bickering is not a new sight for her.  It happens almost every day yet she still couldn't help but to laugh at these two.

"Alright guys, enough.  The pancakes wouldn't be warm any longer if you two keep on bickering." She decided to stop the bicker before it's going too far.

The three enjoy the breakfast quietly, too busy to talk as they savor the pancakes like it is the most delicious food.  Well, it's only valid to Kim Yoona, though.  Even Tiffany is amused on how Yoona could be so skinny despite of her big appetite.

"So, where is it you are going? I thought you hate morning meeting." Taeyeon breaks the silence.

"It's like i have any other choices.  Meeting up with the new client, they said the pay is quite high so i decided to accept the project." She replied as she eats the left-over of Taeyeon's pancake.

"Do you need money that much? I could provide if it is for good though."

"Nah, it is just for a new camera lens and a laptop.  But if you want to cover some, I am more than willing to accept it." She winks to her sister.  Tiffany just shook her head in amusement, as much as they like to bicker, they actually care for each other that much.  Just their way of showing it is kinda unique for her.

Taeyeon nods her head in agreement and Yoona immediately run to her sister and hug her tightly. "I'm going to take the offer back if you don't release me any second now.  I need to breath."

She quickly releases the hug and can't help but to grin widely. "Did i ever say i love you before?"

"Just don't say anything right now or i will throw up. I'll transfer it to you in the afternoon, not much though."

"You're the best! No wonder why Tiffany-unnie accepted you, despite of your short--" 

"I swear I'm going to take the offer back, Kim Yoona."

 

And the bickering goes again for God knows how long and once again Tiffany could only shook her head.

-------------------

"Miss Jung, here are your order." The waitress put a cup of hot cappuccino and French croissant on her empty table.  The order is always the same, to the point that all workers in the coffee-shop doesn't have to ask her more.

"Thank You, SooYoung.  Please, just call me Jessica or Sica or Jessie, whatever you like it. We've known each other already, no need to be so formal." Jessica smiles to the waitress as she sips her coffee.

"But Miss Jung --" 

"It's Jessica." She cuts her before the waitress could even finish her sentence. 

"Alright then, Jessica.  Have a nice day." SooYoung sighs in defeat and bows her as she goes back to the counter.  Isn't it improper to greet your boss's daughter by her name? She thought.

Every Tuesday morning, 9 am sharp, two-seated table near the window; that's where you will find Jessica Jung.   Sometimes with a laptop perfectly placed on her table or just with a book she is reading.  And today is no exception, except the fact that it is neither a laptop nor book with her, she brings her iPad instead.  Dressed rather casual this time, with a plain white shirt, she left the top two buttons undone and folded both sleeves to almost her elbow.  Also, she matches it with dark-blue jeans and pair of sneakers.  She let her long-brown hair falls perfectly, just like the shampoo commercial. If you want to define gorgeous, then she is.

She taps her fingers on the table numerous time, definitely showing her annoyance.  She takes a glance to her watch occasionally. 9.10, it tells her.  She supposed to meet someone at 9 o'clock yet there is no any sign indicated that, that someone is here already.  Jessica Jung hates to wait, really.  That's why she always be punctual in every time she needs to meet someone or attends some events.  It reflects on what kind of person you are, she believes that.  

Just then, she heard the coffee-shop's door being opened, revealing a girl in red-checker shirt with black T-shirt inside, blue jeans and sneakers, enters the shop hurriedly.  Her hair looks a bit messy but still representative and also a National Geographic bag hanging on her right arms.  A rather boyish-outfit that girl using, but still looks stunning at the same time, Jessica admitted.  She's kinda looking for someone, since her head can't stop tilting.  She assumes that the girl was that someone she is waiting for, remembering what her father had told her about that someone she supposed to meet today.  So, she waves her right hands to that girl, indicating that she is the one that the girl is looking for and it succeeded to make her stop looking and makes her way towards her.

"Are you the boss of this coffee-shop? I thought it was a man." That girl said to her as soon as she approached her.

"I'm not, but I'm his daughter.  He asked me to meet you instead because he has another thing do." Jessica explains to the girl in front her which the girl just nods her head.

"Please, have a seat.  I've been waiting for you for fifteen-minutes." She doesn't mean to sound rude but guess that her tone tells the otherwise.

"Apology, for not being on time." She shows her apologetic smile to Jessica.  "I'm Kim YoonA, by the way.  Just call me Yoona would be nice, Ms. Jung."

"Just call me Jessica would be nice too." She replied. "Do you want to order something? I'll call the waitress if you want to."

"Please. Thank you."

SooYoung comes immediately to them as Jessica called for her.  Yoona chooses to order Caramel Macchiato only, since she already had her breakfast at home.  It doesn't need a long time for her to wait for her drink. 

"So, my father told me that you are ---" She stops immediately as there is a girl who approaches them and then suddenly pulls the collar of Yoona's shirt, causing Yoona to stand up.  Jessica is left stunned by the sudden action.

 

"Yah, Kim Yoona! How could you done that?!"

 

And Yoona mentally slaps herself and is really going to kill that girl just in time.