Unnie

Distraction

Yoona never thought that 10 hours and 50 minutes flight will be like a year if there is a particular Jessica Jung sitting on the same row as her.  The only thing –the only one that separates them is only the sleeping Jiyeon in between them.

Believe her, it is better to hear Jiyeon’s talking 24 hour non-stop rather than sitting in the same row as Jessica Jung with nothing to talk about.  Well, there is something she wants to talk about.  But knowing herself, it would need a very long time to think the right words she has to say, even most of the time, the words came out wrong.  So, she chose not to and seems like Jessica is not up to a conversation either.

She glanced at Jessica’s side.  Oh Zeus, how come such a woman can still manage to look beautiful in her sleep, even when is slightly open? 

In her eyes, the sleeping girl really looks like the sleeping beauty in that Disney movie that will open her eyes up once the prince –in this case princess, kissed her lips.  Damn, why does she feels like Jessica’s lips is calling her to kiss it? 

Nah, she must be very tired, that’s why her imagination has gone wild.

“Auntie…”  Yoona turned her head to the just woke up Jiyeon next to her.

“Oh, had a good sleep, sleepy head?” 

“When will we arrive, auntie?”  The little girl rubbed her eyes and looked at her auntie with her sleepy eyes.

“In an hour.”  Yoona simply answered.  “Just go back to your sleep.”

“But I’m not sleepy anymore…”  Jiyeon cutely answered.

Jiyeon turned her head to her left side and found her pretty auntie sleeping peacefully. 

“Oh, pwetty auntie?!”  Jiyeon exclaimed excitedly, causing Jessica to open her eyes instantly.  Yoona mentally cursed the little girl.

“Oh…hey….”  Jessica sleepily replied.  She rubbed her eyes and took her mineral water from her bag.

“I didn’t know you awe hewe, pwetty auntie.”  Jiyeon said, earning laugh from Jessica.

“Of course.  You were sleeping like a pig.”  Yoona snorted. 

Jiyeon slapped her auntie’s arm.  “Am not.”  She puffed her cheeks.

Just then, a grandmother, looks like she was just back from the toilet, stopped her tracks in front of Yoona’s seat.

“You two…”  The grandmother pointed her finger to Yoona then Jessica.  “Are really look good together.”  She stated and smiled, making both the two women blushed.

“E-excuse me?”

“Aww….what a cute daughter you two have.”  The grandmother ignored Yoona’s question and pointed her finger to the not-interested Jiyeon.

“I’m sorry, but we are not --”

“I hope your family will be happy forever.”  The grandmother cut Jessica’s words and then left, making Yoona’s and Jessica’s jaw dropped.

“What the heck was that?”

“Don’t ask me.”

 

“Umma! Mummy! Umma! Mommy!”  Jiyeon ran happily towards her mothers who are waiting on the arrival gate since an hour ago. 

The eye-smile mother bent down, welcoming her little princess in her embrace and lifted her up.  Both mothers showered the little girl lots of kisses, making the little girl to squeal in glee.

“Ah! Finally!  I’m released from the duty of taking care of the brat!” 

“Freedom, at last?”

“Absolutely.”

“Jessica!”  Someone shouted in the middle of the crowd.  “Oh.My.Gosh!  Is that really you?!”

Jessica just chuckled at her best-friend antique and hugged her immediately.

“Yes, Tiff.  It’s me.”  Jessica released the hug and smiling at her best-friend.

“You know pwetty auntie, mummy?”  Jiyeon who still in Tiffany’s arms asked cutely.

“Of course, baby.”  Tiffany patted Jiyeon’s head.  “She’s mummy’s best-friend.”

“How do you know her, princess?”  Taeyeon blurted out.  Jessica automatically turned her head to Yoona who already gave her ‘Don’t-tell-her-that-I-almost-lost-the-brat’ look.

“Pwetty auntie found me!”  Jiyeon exclaimed.  Yoona mentally slapped herself.

“What do you mean?”

Then Jiyeon tells the mothers everything that had happened in the airport and Yoona is pretty sure that she will get some lectures once they’re home.

“You’re so dead, Kim YoonA.”

 

 

She is a heavy sleeper.  Everyone knows that and she knows herself very well.  Add the still there jet-lag to the lists, it would make a perfect reason to have a very long sleep, maybe a day or a week, but she can’t.

She doesn’t know why, but a certain face of Jessica Jung is invading her mind ever since they separated their way on the airport.  It’s been three days since she got home, but she barely has a good sleep.  By a good sleep means she needs to sleep for a minimum 8 hours, but she just had 4 hours of sleep and repeated for the past three days.

Distractions everywhere and Jessica Jung is the worst one.  This kind of problem should be stopped immediately.

“Can I come in?”

“It’s not locked.”

She opened the door slowly and laid herself down on the bed.  She closed her eyes, trying to get some peace of mind.

“What’s the matter?”  Taeyeon sat beside her, caressing her sister’s hair.

A smile crept upon Tiffany’s face who just sits in front of them.  Although the siblings like to tease each other, she knows exactly in the very deep heart of the both of them, they rely to each other very much.  So, witnessing such a moment like this is a heartwarming one.

“You know exactly what, unnie.”  Yoona mumbled, still closing her eyes.

And Taeyeon knows better when Yoona starts to call her unnie, means that there is something really bothering her mind.

“Let me guess…it’s about her, isn’t it?”

Yoona doesn’t need to answer it anyway, Taeyeon knows that the girl named Jessica Jung is the reason.  She always know, but she chose to stay silent until Yoona talks about it by herself.

“What’s holding you to finally accept the truth, my Yoongie?”

“Fear.”  Yoona simply answered.  She got up and faced her sister.  “Fear…that’s what holding me all this time.”

“I fear the past to repeat itself, unnie.”

Taeyeon is stunned.  She never know that up until now, the divorce of their parents when they were young back then, affected her little sister that much.  The broken love story of their parents is actually the very reason why Yoona built a wall within herself –within her heart to never believe in something called love.  The wall that has been protecting her heart and her feelings for so many years, now is breaking apart.

“No.  It will not.”  Taeyeon firmly said.  “Look at me and Tiffany.  The past is not --”

“But I’m not you…”  Yoona weakly said, cutting Taeyeon’s words and looking at her hopelessly and helplessly.

Taeyeon swore that she never see that kind of look Yoona is giving her right now in her entire life: fear, sad, anger, and pain, all mixed into one.  It makes her sad that her little sister whom she knows is a fearless and confident girl turns into a girl who is nothing but insecure. 

And what sadden Taeyeon the most is, she can’t do anything to help her little Yoongie, because the only one who can help her little deer, is the little deer herself. 

It is something beyond anyone’s power but ourselves when it comes to the matter of love.

“Listen to me carefully, Kim YoonA.”  Taeyeon held her sister’s hands and looked deeply into her eyes.

“We can’t change the past.  It was neither yours nor my fault…it was theirs.  Don’t make it as the reason of your fear, make it as the reason of something you will never do in the future.  Don’t remember that divorce as something that holds you back to love someone else, but remember it as something you will never dare to do to the one you love.”

“I know it is hard but I know you can, Yoona.  And yes, you’re not me.  You will never be me. But you are much better than me, Kim YoonA.  I’ve never been so proud to anyone else but you.  I love you.  I never care about the divorce but I care about you so much.  The very reason why I wanted you to live with me not either one of them, because I wanted to protect you, I wanted to be the best sister you could ever have.”

Yoona hugged her sister tightly and let herself crying in her sister’s embrace.  She knows that no one will ever care about her really much but her sister.  Her sister is someone she never want to disappoint, someone she can rely on, and someone who will always catch her whenever she falls.

“You always are the best, unnie.  You will always be.”

“I believe you already know what you should do by now.  You’re the genius, after all.”  Taeyeon joked, earning a light slap on her shoulder.

Yoona released her hug and let Taeyeon wiping the tears on her face.

“Unnie, thank you.”  Yoona sincerely said and took her leave from Taeyeon’s room.

“What for?”

“To catch me.”

Taeyeon just chuckled and laid herself down on her bed once the door closed.  Tiffany joined her and hug her lover tightly.

“I never know that it was really hard for the both of you, especially her.”

“Neither did I know about that until now.”

“What do you think she will do now?”

“Let’s see.”

 

On the other room, Yoona immediately took her phone from her desk and typed something.  She turned her phone off and grabbed her car key.

 

To: Jung SooYeon

I will be in front of your house in 30 minutes.  We need to talk.

 


Because 9, will always be our favourite number :)