Have You Ever Consider To Be In Love?

Distraction

To: Partner in Crime

Yah, are you awake?

To: Annoying Bestie

You think? You know my sleeping habit.

To: Partner in Crime

Great, I’m in front of your house now. Get me in!

To: Annoying Bestie

WTF?! Alright wait a sec.

 

She walks to the front door carefully, not wanting to wake the two lovers up or possibly disturb their lovely time.  She opens up the door and is greeted by an annoying grin plastered on her guest’s face.

“I’m having a sleepover, tonight.  I’m bored.” Said the uninvited guest, walks in to the house like it is his/her own, without the owner can say anything to invite him/her in.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.”  She closed the door and heading to the kitchen as her guest followed her behind.   She opens up the fridge, taking two cans of beer in her hand and passing one of them to her guest.

“You always have this.  Adding more reasons why I love to come to your house.” The guest said to her, happily drinks the beer that she gave.

“Just thank God that you’re my best-friend.  It’s freaking 1 am, mind you.” She replied.

“Uh-uh, no matter when, you will always welcome me, Kim YoonA.” The guest smirked and she just rolled her eyes, putting the empty can to the rubbish can.

“Just shut up Choi SooYoung.” She walks out from the kitchen and heading back to her work-place/bedroom, followed by SooYoung behind after she takes some snacks from the kitchen.

 

Sooyoung throws herself on Yoona’s bed and let the snacks scatter all around.  She opens one of them and munching it happily, followed by Yoona who opens the other one.

“Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie are here, aren’t they?”

“Yeah, probably having their lovey-dovey time in their bedroom.” Yoona replied as she enjoys eating the midnight-snacks. “Thank God the wall is sound-proof.  I might go deaf if it is not.”

“Hey, they are married.  So, it’s okay to make love and let out some screams, it means that they are enjoying it.  It’s good for your relationship, you know.”  Sooyoung commented, making Yoona disgustedly look at her.

“Whatever.”

She walks back to her desk, continuing her previous work which was disturbed by the arrival of her best-friend.  She focuses herself to her laptop screen and typing codes endlessly, ignoring Sooyoung behind who seems fine with it because she has the snacks on her own right now.  None of them bother to initiate any conversation, they seems busy in their own world.

 

“Acting like you didn’t know me.  How nice of you, Choi SooYoung.” Yoona blurted out, breaking the silence between them.

“Well, you didn’t greet me either.” Sooyoung replied nonchalantly as she is busy munching.

“So, she’s your boss’s daughter you told me that would always come at 9 am sharp on Tuesday for this past two months?”

“Yeah, no need to ask me if you already know.”

“I’m making sure if I am right, geez.”

“No need to be so grumpy, geez.”

And just then, an eraser landed accurately on Sooyoung’s forehead, causing Sooyoung to yelp.  Yoona lifts both her hands in the air and mouthed ‘score’, earning a glare from Sooyoung who threw the eraser back to Yoona but sadly missed its target.  Yoona stuck her tongue out while Sooyoung just ignoring her by heading out of her room.  Yoona got back to her work and resumes making the website she supposed to finish as soon as possible.

It doesn’t take a long time until Sooyoung comes back with two cups of coffee in both her hands.  She walks her way to Yoona and joined her looking at the screen.

“Whoah, that’s a super-cool website, buddy.” Sooyoung complimented.

“It’s not done yet, though.   She hasn’t give me the contents yet.  It’s just the beta version I’m making.”  Yoona replied as she takes one of the coffee in Sooyoung’s hand.

“Well, buddy.  Let’s have some fresh air first.”

Sooyoung then walks to the balcony, followed by Yoona after she saved her previous work.  She brings her coffee and a pack of cigarettes with her.  They both sits on the floor, leaning their back against the rails, facing each other.  Yoona took one of the cigarettes and lights it up.  She’s passing the pack to Sooyoung, who gladly accepts it.  They both enjoy smoking in each other’s company.

It’s been a long time, for both of them, having a quality time like this together.  Usually, it was the four of them, together with Yuri and Seohyun.   Since both Seohyun and Yuri are not smokers, they didn’t dare to smoke in front of them.  They both really are partner in crimes.  Because they haven’t met for a month, they really treasure this rare moments.  Sooyoung is currently busy with her part-time job at the coffee shop and also helping her parents out in the company while Yoona is busy working with her big project and any other side jobs she’s taking.

 

“You just made one enormous mistake there, buddy.” Sooyoung said in the middle of enjoying their source of energy slash cigarettes.

“And what is, that enormous mistake that I have done, dear buddy?” Yoona replied, putting her cigarette to the ashtray and sips her coffee.

“You kissed her, pabo.” She paused for a while, sipping her coffee and lights up another cigarette.  “You should stop acting like that to other people, they might get you wrong.”

“Well, she dared me to.  And I, who was in cloud nine for having lots of money, just did what she dared me to.  It didn’t mean anything to me.” Yoona replied, inhaling the smoke from her cigarette and exhaling it through and nose.

“You never thought about another’s feelings, don’t you?  How if she thought the otherwise?”

“She never discussed anything about it, though.  I almost forgot about that kiss if you didn’t tell me earlier.”  Yoona calmly replied.

Sooyoung just sighs upon hearing her best-friend’s answers.  This friend of her is really that insensitive.  She never thought about the after-effects of her acts.

“Aish, you.  Be more sensitive, will you?  No wonder that Kwon scolded you like that.  Though, it really was stupid.”

“Please, remind me to kill her when we meet her.  She almost ripped my shirt that time.”

“Count me in, she came over to my apartment yesterday and finished my untouched burger off.” They both laughed as they remembered about that stupid Kwon Yuri’s action.

Their conversation goes on as they enjoy talking about anything from the serious one to the non-sense one.  They also ask about how each other’s life were going for this past two months since they rarely seen each other.  Sooyoung tells her that she finally confessed to her bunny and Yoona congratulates her, also jokingly threatened that she has to treat her sushi or else, they won’t be friends anymore.   Sooyoung also asks about how things are going between her and Jessica which Yoona simply replied by saying that it is no more than work, that they only communicate with each other once a week when Yoona giving her the progress which the latter replied by a simple ‘okay’ and ‘good’. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 “Have you ever consider to be in love, Yoona?” Sooyoung suddenly asked, causing Yoona to cough.  She is surprised by the sudden nonsense question from Sooyoung and thinks that it was a joke. 

But when she looks at Sooyoung’s, her face is not telling her that she’s joking.  If Sooyoung’s face is not as serious as it looks like right now, Yoona probably already laughing her out.  Since she isn’t, she knows better than joking with serious Sooyoung.

“I have. But I won’t.  Not in this very time.”  Yoona simply replied, lighting up her fourth cigarettes this very early morning.

“Why?”  Sooyoung asked.  She’s curious of the reasons.

“I don’t want it to distract everything I’m currently doing and pursuing, Sooyoung. Yes, I must say that it’s kind of give you strength, if I look at Taeyeon’s relationship with Tiffany unnie.  But I am not Taeyeon.  I don’t want to make a blunder in my life just because of that.”

“But we can’t choose when to fall in love and with whom we fall in love with, Yoong.”

“You are right.  Absolutely right.  But I’m not in love right now.”

"If you are?”

“Then it’s my business.  And it means that I’m letting the worst distraction ever created, come into my life.  And once again, that’s my business, not anyone else.  Not yours, not Taeyeon’s, and not even the one I’m falling in love with business.”

Sooyoung remains silent after hearing Yoona’s words.  She is trying to absorb every words that this girl had just said.  Yoona’s words are true in some ways but wrong too in some ways.  If she didn’t know her any better, she might fall in love with this girl too. But there is something that makes Sooyoung curious, and she feels the need to ask her.

“Are you a gay?”  Yoona just chuckled, adding Sooyung’s curiosity even more.  But then, Yoona just shrugs her shoulders off.

“I don’t know.  I told you I’m not in love with anyone, either it’s a man or woman.  So, I can’t say that I’m straight or a gay. I can go crazy if I’m looking at hot guys but I could find myself having a nose-bleed too if I’m looking at hot girls. ”

“Oh, biual?”

“Probably. I don’t know.  But looking at the environment I’m living in, whom most of people are gay, including you, my friend.” Yoona laughs at her own statement. “Chances are I’m gay too.” And they both laughs.

“Well, what do you think about Jessica, Yoong?”  Sooyoung changed the topic.

“She’s beautiful.  I must say she is gorgeous.”

“Well, I thought she was cold at the first time she stepped into the coffe-shop. But ---“

“Turns out she was not.  Don’t judge a book by its cover, dummy” Yoona cut Soyoung’s words.

Their conversation ended as Sooyoung fails to keep her eyes open after she yawned numerous time.  Yoona, on the other hand, still thinking tha her work is far from good and she needs to fix it but Sooyoung insists that it is already perfect.  She still doubt it somehow, so she needs to fix it up.

“I’m going in.  It’s 4 in the morning already.” Sooyoung stood up, heading back to the bedroom. 

Yoona cursed Sooyoung for leaving her with the mess they’ve created.  She cleans up the mess on the floor and put their cigarettes end to a plastic and throws it out to the rubbish can.  She finds Sooyoung already in her beauty sleep and shamelessly taking the right side of her bed, her favourite spot, when she entered her bedroom.  She decided to check her work first before she goes to sleep.  She still bothered with some details that she thinks need a re-touch. 

She hasn’t give any report to Jessica on this 4th week which ends today and she doesn’t want to hear any complaints from her client.  It’s a big no for her to disappoint her client that.  She has good track-records all this time and she doesn’t want to ruin it just because of giving a late report.

It takes her 2 hours and a half to finally finish it until her body and eyes can’t take it anymore.  It’s now 6.30 am in the morning and Sooyoung still peacefully sleeping, probably dreaming about her, making love with her bunny.  Yoona closed her laptop and moves her body to her bed.  Her phone is ringing just in time after she was about to close her eyes.  She cursed whoever the person who is calling her in this very morning when everyone supposed to still be in their sleep.

Jessica Jung, her phone tells her.

She answered the phone and gets back to her bed. “Hello, Jessica.”

“Oh hi, Yoona.  Haven’t heard any news from you this week.  So, I decided to call.  Am I disturbing you?”

‘Yes you definitely disturbing my sleep time, Jessica’ Yoona said it out loud, in her head. “No, not at all.”

“Good.  So, how is it going?”

“It’s done, Jessica.  The beta version is done. You can try to access it now before I can put the contents, which you haven’t give me yet.” She replied, trying to not sound sleepy.

“Really? Okay, I’ll give you the contents later, I need to discuss it with my friend first today.  So, when can I see it?” Jessica replied, she seems excited, knowing that her project is almost done.

“Whenever you like, Jessica.”

“Okay then, I’ll call you later.  See you, Yoona.”

“Yeah, see you too.”  Yoona replied lazily as her eyes can’t take it anymore.

“And good morning.”

Before Yoona can answer the last line, the caller already turned the phone off.  She tosses her phone to the table next to her bed.  ‘What if Sooyoung was right? That she thought the otherwise about that supposed-to-be-a-joke kiss?’ She thought about it for a while but dismissed it immediately as her eyes scream for sleep.

---

Jessica Jung who is fully awake by now, thanks to her sister’s alarm that rang so loud, just ended her phone-call to Yoona, yet her heart still skips a beat.  It’s been a month since the meeting and the kiss incident but they haven’t seen each other again after that.  Their conversation was only through messages once a week, when Yoona gave her updates about the project, no more than that, but still, it made her very happy. 

And the previous call was the first time Jessica ever calling Yoona, even that she already had her number.  Honestly, she just wanted to listen to Yoona’s voices and she found that asking about the progress was a great alibi.  She misses that girl.  She can’t wait to see the website.  She definitely can’t wait to meet her again.  Jessica Jung is probably in love with Kim YoonA.

She takes her phone out, again and decided to call someone.

Tiff, I’m going to your house today at 10.  Is that okay?  I have something to do first.” She said as soon as the person answered her call.

Of course, Jessie.” The person on the other line giggled. “I already told Taeyeon that you’re coming over today.  She said she will help us to decide the contents for the website.”

“Really? Great.  Alright then, see you Tiff.”

“Alright, princess.  Hey, it’s not normal of you waking up in this very time. Ha ha ha.”

“Whatever.” She ended up the call and goes back to her bed.

 

And she decided to sleep, again.


I guess that this is going to be more than 3 chapters? hahaha.  The idea of how small the world we live in is kinda give me the idea of this chapter hehe.  Well, gotta find more inspiration to finish this shot haha. See you :)

p.s. Keep your comments and critics below yes? (I think it's kind of a tagline of me now hahaha)