And The Project Is On

Distraction

She scans her surroundings carefully.  Thank God, no spectators at all.  Everybody inside the coffee-shop seems to understand the words ‘Mind Your Own Business’ hanging on the one of the wall of the coffee-shop very well.  Just then, another girl is approaching the scene.  Perfect timing, Seohyun.

Yuri-unnie! This is a public place! Don’t do that to Yonna-unnie.” The grip on Yoona’s shirt collar was released immediately by the culprit.  Yoona just smile in glee, but it doesn’t take a long time as she is far more concerned of something else.

“Levi’s brand new shirt.  I just bought it yesterday.  How dare you touch it with such a force like that, Kwon Yuri?!”  Yoona cried while Yuri just giving her what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look.

“Can you tell her how much does it cost, Seohyun? It cost me starving for a month.” The girls rolled their eyes.

“You never starved yourself in your entire life, unnie.” Seohyun stated a matter-of-fact, causing Kwon Yuri laughing out loud but stops immediately as she remembers her purpose.

“Yah, don’t try to change the subject.  Seriously, how could you done that?”

“Done what?” Yoona replied as she still looking at her Levi’s brand new shirt, checking if there is any damage.  Thank God, it isn’t.

“Harshly dumped that Bora girl.  Seriously, can you be more kind-hearted?”

Yoona looks at her incredulously. “I didn’t dump her.  She confessed to me and asked me to be her girlfriend but I rejected her kind offer.” She paused for a moment then she gives Yuri an accusing look. “How did you even know that? As far as I remember, there was no one else that time.”

“Err…I….” She looked at Seohyun, asking for a help yet the younger just gives her I-told-you-not-to-stalk look.  A smug smile sat on Yoona’s lips.

“Oh, you stalked me, weren’t you?”  Yoona faced Yuri closer, making Yuri’s cheek reddened in shame.

“I wasn’t.  Seohyun and I happened to be there when that poor girl and you had a talk and we kinda listened to your conversation.  Now please, can you please step back a little bit?” Yuri begged helplessly.  She swears that she really, really wants to rip that smug smile of Yoona.

As Yoona steps back from Yuri, she takes a look to Jessica who still left stunned with slightly open.  She chuckles, a little loud, causing the latter to close and pretending to play with her iPad instead, silently listening to their conversation.

“You can reject her nicer than saying that she is ugly, fat and stupid, you know.  That was so harsh of you, Kim Yoona.  I can’t believe that there were a lot of girls and boys out there confessed their love to you.  Yet none of them was accepted.” Yuri continued, complaining about her best-friend’s attitude.

“Well, if you really listened to the conversation very well, you must know that she was the one who said like that. Not me.” Yoona said, earning nods from Seohyun who just keep silent from the moment her girlfriend, Yuri, started to scold her Yoona-unnie.

“But you agreed her by saying ‘If it is what you think you are, then yes, I reject you because of that’.  How could you said that to her?” Yuri defends herself.

“See, she’s the one who said that, not me.  She can’t even appreciate herself, Kwon Yuri.” Yoona replied her question lazily.

“Yah, at least, you don’t have to agree with her, Yoona.”

“People who can’t even appreciate themselves, how could another people appreciate them as well?  If she thinks of herself badly, how could she hope for another people to not think about her that way too?” Yoona said seriously, leaving Yuri and Seohyun stunned by her statement.  Even Jessica Jung stops playing her iPad and turns her attention to Yoona.

“I believe that I am right.  So, if you don’t have any other thing to say, you are welcome to go.  You make my client waiting for me.”  She pointed her finger to Jessica.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t notice that two of you supposed to have a meeting.  I’m sorry for causing so much trouble.”  Yuri bows her head repeatedly which followed too by Seohyun.

“Nah, it’s okay.” Jessica simply replied with a small smile across her face.

“So, buddy, I’m sorry, okay? We’re still remain best-friend, right?” Yuri laughs awkwardly to Yoona and offers her right-hand to have a hand-shake with Yoona, which the latter accepts it.

“Yeah, yeah.  But remind me to kill you after this because you almost ripped my brand new Levi’s.”  She whined to Yuri, earning a smack on her forehead and laughs from Seohyun.  “So, Seohyun, can you tell me again why you date this moron?” Yoona asked jokingly which earning another smack on her forehead.

“Ow, ow. That’s hurt Kwon Yuri! I really am going to kill you!”

“Serves you right, Miss Kim.” Yuri stuck her tongue and linking her hand with Seohyun.  They bid goodbye to both Yoona and Jessica and then they both left the coffee-shop.

 

“I once again left me amazed by her words.  No wonder why there are lots of people wanting to be with her.” Yuri said to Seohyun once they both are outside.  Seohyun just nods in agreement.

“Yoona-unnie is really one of a kind.” Seohyun leans her head on Yuri’s right shoulder as they both keep walking hand in hand.

------

“I’m sorry for the delay, Jessica.”  Yoona broke the silence as she sits back to her seat. 

Jessica sips her almost empty and not-so-hot-anymore hot cappuccino.  “It is okay, Yoona.  But seriously, you are far more concerned of your shirt?” She chuckled.

“Of course, I am.  It’s expensive.   I can’t afford of losing it right now.  It’s too soon.”

“Oh my God, you are unbelievable.” Jessica shook her head in amusement.

“So, Jessica, what is it you want to say before that moron disturbed our meeting?” Yoona drinks her still untouched Caramel Macchiato.

“Oh, that.” Jessica paused for a moment. “So, my father told me that you are a web developer/photographer/graphic designer. A freelancer who has a quite good reputation among your client.  I need you for my project.”

“Oh, so it is you who needs me.  Not your father.” Yoona replied as she takes out her own tablet from her bag.

“Actually yes.  I asked him to find me a person who can help me with my project here in Korea.  He told me that you can.  So, I arranged our meeting today under his name, since it’s been a long time for me to be in Korea.”  Jessica answered.

“Where are you before, then?”

“San Francisco.  My father asked me to come back to Korea since he knows that I’m on my three-month holiday.  So, yeah, here I am.”

“There a lot of American people who excellent in this.  Why bother looking for a Korean?”

“Well, this is a collaboration project with my best-friend who lives in Korea.” Jessica looked at Yoona who gives her a look to continue her explanation.

“Both of us are about to open an online-shop, an online clothing shop, to be specific, where people could buy our collection or asking for a design.  We know that the power of internet is enormous nowadays.  So, yeah, we found that this maybe a chance for us to start our business in fashion.  Since, this is kind of new, we want to give it a try first in Korea, looking at the respond from the people here.” Jessica explained as Yoona taking some notes from the explanation.

 “Well, that explains of what kind of project that I work for and I supposed that you already know the things that I need you to help me with.” Jessica noticed that this Yoona girl is kind of smart girl and already knows what exactly she needs her to do, by looking at the notes Yoona is taking; she’s making the big picture of her project, pointing out some things she needs to do.

“So, basically, you need me to design and develop the website and also the system of how it would works.  Probably asking me also to take the photographs of the products.” Yoona concluded and Jessica couldn’t hide her satisfaction by clapping her hands, showing that this Yoona girl is right.

“Well, there are some other things that I want you to do.”

And the conversation between this two girls continue.  Jessica explains to Yoona from A to Z of what her works are and Yoona just listen to her, occasionally nods her head.  It’s been a long time for her for having such a big project like this, the last time she had this, was back then when she was still in university, making a fan-site for one of Korean girl-group which she honestly doesn’t remember the name.  The payment was high, it made her having a vacation to Japan for one week and spending all the money by herself.  Quite big, wasn’t it?  Then she wonders on how big the payment for this project that Jessica willing to spend her money.

On the other hand, Jessica studies the listening Yoona carefully while talking. She has a good feeling about this girl, somehow.  From the event that happened before, she concluded that this Kim YoonA is quite famous around girls and boys.  They even begged for her, according to her friends named Kwon Yuri.  Also, her personality is kind of unique, which intrigues her.  She can’t wait to work with Yoona, she wants to know more about this girl.

Well, speaking of the payment……

“Is one million Korean Won enough for you?” Upon hearing the payment that Jessica offers her, she dropped her tablet-pen unintentionally, way too surprised. 

“Are you kidding me?” Yoona stared at Jessica in disbelief.  Who the hell in their right state will bail the offer out?

“Nope.  Is it too low?  How about I add three hundred thousand more then?  That’s the limit that my friend and I could provide you.” Jessica pouted and if they already know each other for a long time, Kim Yoona is surely going to kiss that lips.  God, it’s too hard to resist the lips yet the payment is even harder to resist.

“That’s more than enough, Miss Jung.  One million three hundred thousand is more than enough.” A big grin plastered on Yoona’s face.  A brand new MacBook Pro 13-inch is definitely on her hand.  She can use Taeyeon’s money for the lens instead.  Is God on her side today?

“I told you to call me Jessica.” Jessica pouted even more and Yoona who is still in glee of having a new MacBook just nods her head.

“Well, it’s for everything, Yoona.  You can’t ask for more other than that.  Since you kind of have my full trust, I’ll send it right away to your account.  Please, give me your account number here.” She gave her iPad to Yoona so she can type it there. 

‘In the name of God who has a lot of names in this world, did I ever tell you that I love you before? ‘, Yoona typed her account number and gives the iPad back to Jessica.  A brand new MacBook Pro 13-inch is definitely on her hand, today.

“Alright, it’s already sent.  You can check your account, Yoona.  I hope that you won’t disappoint me or I will take my money back.” Jessica laughs and Yoona joins her. “I want a report every week, understood?”

“Understood, ma’am.” Yoona gave her a salute and Jessica just laughs.

Another sleepless night, months to be specified.  But it’s worth a freaking one million three hundred thousand, so Kim Yoona absolutely doesn’t mind. At all.  She put her tablet back to her bag.  The time telling her that it is 1 o’clock already and she has another business to do.  So, she excused Jessica to leave which the latter agree.

“It’s nice to work with you, Jessica.  I hope I won’t disappoint you.”

“Well, you better be.”

“And oh, one more thing.” Yoona said again before leaving her seat. “You know, if we have known each other for such a long time, I might kiss your lips when you pouted.  It’s too cute to resist.” She winked at Jessica, causing the latter to blush.

“I dare you to, then, Yoona.” Jessica jokingly challenged her.  Just then, a soft lips landed on hers. It is just a quick kiss but enough to make her froze in her spot.  It is supposed to be a joke.

“See you around, Jessica Jung. It is really nice to meet you.” And Yoona leaves the frozen Jessica.  Jessica then unconsciously touches her lips.  Sweet

She regained her conscious back and took her phone out, ready to call someone as she pushes the call button.  Her hands are trembling and her heart skips a beat.   The cause of Yoona’s quick kiss is…………..dangerous.

 

“Hello, Tiffany. I’ve met the person today and our project is on its way.”


Thank You for the subscribes, comments, and voted! Well, sorry for the delay :p

p.s. sorry for the grammar lacking, i'm improving, i guess? haha. Keep your comments and critics below, yes? kekeke