The Genie in a Bottle

Distraction

If The Genie in a Bottle is indeed exist, Kim YoonA will throw him three wishes right away:

  1. Erase her feelings for Jessica Jung.
  2. Erase her feelings for Jessica Jung.
  3. Erase her feelings for Jessica Jung Kim JiYeon.

That’s it, that’s all.

But no, he is not exist.  He will never be.  And wishes, remain wishes.

 

Jessica Jung.  One name, two syllables.  Add Sooyeon after the Jung, then you will get three syllables for that.  Kim YoonA doesn’t care, as long the name is exist, it will always haunt her every time and everywhere.  That certain person, Yoona admitted, unwillingly, never once being forgotten by her since their last meeting, five years ago.  She tried everything: busied herself with works, flirting and mingling around, etc.; none of them worked to get rid of Jessica Jung out of her mind.  So, she stopped trying and accepted the fact, unwillingly, that she, Kim YoonA, is indeed in love with Jessica Jung.

And this past five years all she can do is watching the girl whom she claimed as her worst distraction, over the news that spreading on the internet.  She knows that Jessica right now is known as one of the talented young fashion designers that the fashion industries keep their eyes on.  Quite famous among the designers, she’s probably the first female ever in the age under 30, not to mention from Asia that successfully caught the most attention from the industries that Yoona never has any interest in.  She even knows what her e-mail is, but never once she has the guts to send her a message.

She doesn’t know if her sister and sister-in law still keep in touch with Jessica.  She doesn’t need and she doesn’t want to know, it will make the situation –her situation worse.  She was the one who said goodbye, she was the one in denial of her own feeling, and yes she regretted it.  She should’ve known faster, but then again you won’t call it as regrets if it is not occurred in the end.

But five years is not a short time.  She doesn’t know if Jessica still has feelings for her or not.  For having another hello, it seems not going to happen sooner or later.  Probably, just probably, Yoona thought that it is her karma for hurting bunch of people who loved her, including Jessica.  Or maybe, she is destined to be single for the rest of her life.  If both of those reasons are valid, she wishes that her heart is numb forever.

 

Oh poor Yoongie, you hope the genie will grant your wishes, don’t you?

 

She plugged her headset into her ears and increased the volume of her iPod to its maximum.  She took her camera out, trying to capture the view outside the airport lounge’s window; so she will not be disturbed by the little bundle of joy sorrow, the little princess witch whom Kim TaeYeon and Tiffany Hwang love the most, Kim JiYeon, and also from the thoughts of a certain Jessica Jung.

She didn’t know exactly what has gotten into her mind for agreeing Taeyeon and Tiffany’s request to bring the four-year-old-little-girl Jiyeon with her to London for her supposed-to-be great escape.  By great escape means that she got a project to be a wedding photographer of Choi Sooyoung’s friend and it required her to fly to London, all accommodation provided.  A week in London, who the hell in their right mind to refuse such a kind offer?  Definitely not her. 

She had all the plans to pay a visit to her future in law’s house Buckingham Palace, mesmerizing the beauty of London Eye right in front of her eyes, visiting Trafalgar’s Square, and didn’t forget to walk across the street of the Kings Cross Station to get to Platform 9 ¾; being the Harry Potter’s fan she is, claiming herself as Hermione Granger’s doppelganger that destined to be in Slytherin.

Oh, she did all that things, though.  Except the fact that she had to look after Jiyeon, who couldn’t stop talking and asking every time, not to mention being hyper.  The little girl was nothing but a pain in the for a week, did everything that Yoona surely believes that she will never dare to do to anyone, especially her mommies, but her, as the most awesome aunt she is.

And Jiyeon being hyper seems not going to end soon until they reach Seoul and meet her mommies.  The little girl now is walking around happily in the lounge, singing a song to herself softly but still loud enough to be heard.  She busied herself taking pictures, occasionally watching for Jiyeon, making sure that the little girl doesn’t go too far from her side.  It will be the end of her if the little girl is lost, she can clearly imagined her mommies killed her with no mercy.  She swears that she will never ever bring Jiyeon with her anymore to anywhere she’s going to.

Too occupied with herself, she is not aware that Jiyeon is nowhere in the lounge anymore.

 

“Ouch…”  Jessica Jung stopped her tracks as she felt somebody bumped into her legs.  She looked down, only to find a little girl looking at her with her teary eyes, feeling guilty. 

“I’m sowwy, miss.”  The little girl said in a quavering voice.  Jessica quickly bent down and cupped the little girl’s face.

“It’s okay…I was the one who wasn’t pay attention.”  Jessica smiled to the little girl.  “Are you lost?”

The little girl pouted cutely to her, making Jessica to squeal inside.  “My auntie is no fun…she is bwusy with hew camewa.”  Jessica chuckled at her statement.

“Ah, is that so?”  The little girl nodded her head, still pouting.  “How about I take you to her then?  She must be looking for you.”  Jessica stood up.  Holding the little girl’s little fingers, they walk to find the little girl’s auntie. “So where is she?  Let auntie scolds her for you.”  She jokingly said, making the little girl’s face brightened up.

“Really, pwetty auntie?!”  The little girl exclaimed, looking at her with a big grin. “In the lounge!”

“Really~” Jessica laughed, seems that the little girl is mad with her careless auntie.  “What’s your name, little girl?”

The little girl hesitant to give her name to a stranger.  Her mommy Tiff said that she should be careful with strangers, but to her, the pretty auntie seems to be a nice person.  “I’m Jiyeon.”  She replied.  “And youws?”

“Jessica.”  She said.  She thought for a while, that little girl’s name seems familiar, like she had heard it a couple of times but couldn’t recall when or where.  She brushed it off and keep looking for where the airport lounge is.  “Just call me Auntie Jessie, anyway.”

“Owkay!”

 

Yoona got back to her seat where her belongings and Jiyeon’s are as she didn’t find anything interesting to be captured anymore.  She closed her eyes, the boarding time is still three hours from now.  She cursed herself for being too early just because she was afraid that the free tickets of going home would end up in vain if she was late.  Not to mention she has to babysit Jiyeon who doesn’t show any sign of tiredness and keeps playing around.

Speaking about Jiyeon, she abruptly stood up from her seat and scanning the lounge carefully; no signs of Jiyeon at all.

“.”  She cursed to herself.

Removing her headset, she scanned the lounge once again.  She hopes that her eyes were wrong for not seeing the little girl in the lounge but it is not.  Panicked, she began asking everybody in the lounge if they saw Jiyeon or not. 

No, she doesn’t want being killed by Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang, she still doesn’t know the taste of making love at all.  She can’t let her life end up in vain just because Jiyeon is lost.

 

“Auntie Yooooonaaaaa!!!!”  Yoona turned her body to the source of the loud scream calling her name.  She thanked God for saving her life from the wrath of Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang.

“Yah!  Where were you----”

Yoona didn’t continue her words, too shocked by the presence of the woman behind Jiyeon, who is also equally shocked with slightly opened and her eyes widen.

Too much for a coincidence and too good to be a reality

Yoona’s mind is busy processing the image of the standing woman in front of her who really looks like Jessica Jung, the one she longed to see for the past five years, matching it up with the picture of Jessica Jung she always has in her mind.

99% look alike.  Except the fact the woman in front of her right now has gotten more beautiful.  The latter seems to get her sense back as she already closed right now but keep staring at her. 

Staring at each other, Yoona feels like she is about to explode any time soon.  In her mind, the song I Belong to You from Muse is playing as the soundtrack of this sudden encounter.

 

And it is proven that The Genie in a Bottle is never exist.  He will never be.

 

A smile crept upon her face, soon followed by the woman in front of her.  Yoona swears that her smile is one of the most beautiful view she has ever seen.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Hello.”

 

It doesn’t need to wait forever for another hello.  It simply needs five years.

 

“Auntie Yoona, I want to pee.”

 


I am sorry for the late post.  Hope it's worth the wait :)

Anyway, YoonSic's interaction in Best of Best in HK was really.......... *tears of joy*