A Good Bye

Distraction

Yoona keeps throwing her tennis ball to the wall.  She’s been doing it for the past one-hours.  It only means one thing: she’s bored.  Her project with Tiffany and Jessica was long done and now she’s back into her previous state: un-employed.  Yeah, that’s what you got for being a freelancer, in one time your work-time is exceeded the limit of average worker and in another time, you feel like a jobless man.

Now, she’s wondering on what should she does next.  Not that jobs aren’t waiting for her to take.  It’s a lot, actually.  Messages and calls keep bugging her for the past month, a lot of people want her help for their projects, but none of them interest her.  Yes, she’s a picky person when it comes to jobs.  No, she doesn’t work for money, most of time.  But when she desperately needs it, then she’ll take whatever it is.

The online clothing-shop is a big hit now, it only took one night after the web launched, it already got more than 1000 views and is still counting till now.  She hasn’t check it out again, but Tiffany unnie told her last night that the orders are exceeding their expectation.  

She doesn’t care about it anyway.  She knew it from the very first that, that project was going to be a big hit and she was right.  Kim YoonA is always right.  She never makes her clients disappointed.  She’s awesome just like that and she knows it, a little bit too arrogant about herself.  She thinks that it’s better to be an arrogant than making an image of a humble person but seeking for praises on purpose of that.  People like that are too many nowadays and too mainstream.  Pfft, Kim YoonA hates being mainstream.  It’s not her style, after all.

A smile plasters across her face as she suddenly remembers about Jessica.  Oh, that girl, smartly ganged-up with her sister and in-law about her leaving.  All thanks to Seohyun, anyway.  If it was not because of her intelligence of hacking the airplane system just to check if Jessica was indeed leaving the town, she wouldn’t know that she had been deceived by her Tiffany unnie, although she had to spend lots of money to buy the girl a set of Keroro’s collection.   Now she feels really stupid to send her that apology messages.

 

“Seohyun, are you awake?” Yoona called her in the middle of the night, due to boredom.

“Yes, Yoona unnie.  Why did you call?” The latter lazily replied.  She was in the middle of watching her Keroro.

“Oh come on, don’t be like that to me.” Yoona rolled her eyes, totally knew that she was disturbing her dongsaeng’s time.  “I have a job for you that I know you will take it.”  Yoona got straight to her point. “I’ll pay you big enough.”

Yoona heard Seohyun scoffed on the other line. “If it is the latest Keroro new set of stickers, the big doll of Keroro, and Keroro movie collections---”

“Then it is, Seohyun.” Yoona cut her off.  She knew the price if she was about to ask for Seohyun’s help.  It wasn’t a surprise.  At all.

Then the line went silence.  Yoona heard the sound of a TV being shut on the other line.  She wondered if Seohyun just declined her very kind offer.

“Hello? Seohyun? You still there?”

“What is it, unnie? TELL ME~” Seohyun replied in a loud tone.  ‘Did she just do aegyo?’ Yoona thought.

A big grin plastered across Yoona’s face.  “Can you please check the flight to San Francisco for Wednesday on any time and any planes that goes under the name of Jessica Jung or Jessica Jung SooYeon or Jung SooYeon, please?”  Yoona knew Jessica’s real name, she remembered her Taeyeon unnie calling her SooYeon on the phone.

Seohyun gasped on the other line. “You can do it yourself, why bother asking me?”

Yoona sighed.  True, she could done it herself, but she was just too lazy to go for it and she just didn’t go into hacking.  When Kim YoonA was lazy, she could let anyone did it for her, even though she had to spend a quite lot of money.  She didn’t mind.

“Do you want it or not? I can ask for somebody else to—“

“Of course, I do!” Seohyun cut her off. 

Keroro had too much effects for the younger.

“Good.  Good.” Yoona nodded her head. “I want the report this evening. Okay?”

“Night? Nah, I’ll give you this afternoon, unnie.  I’ll call you later.”

Seriously, Keroro effect is too much.

“If you say so.  I’ll wait for the news.”

“Okay, unnie.  Gotta go for hacking.  Don’t forget the Keroro~.”  Seohyun hung up the phone before Yoona could replied it.

 

“Hahaha.  A donkey wouldn’t fall to the same hole twice.” Yoona mumbled.

 

“Hello, Yoona unnie?” Seohyun called her that afternoon, just like what she told.

“Yes, Hyunnie.  So, how is it?” Yoona asked her while collecting her soul because she just woke up by the sudden call from her.

“I already checked the flight to San Francisco tomorrow on any time and any planes.  It didn’t have any name of Jessica Jung or Jessica Jung SooYeon or Jung SooYeon.”  Seohyun said to her and it did wake her up.  She got up from her bed and went to her balcony.

“Are you sure?”  She asked her doubtly.

“A hundred percent sure, unnie.  I went through it all night and it didn’t have any flight under that name.”  Seohyun assured her.  Yoona smirked on the other line.  ‘Trying to fool me again, eh?’ She said it to herself.

“But...”  Seohyun paused for a while.  “I did found a flight to San Francisco under the name of Jessica Jung for next month on Tuesday at 7 o’clock in the evening.”  Seohyun said.

“Oh, next month on Tuesday?”

“Yes, unnie.  Now, where is my Keroro~.” She did it again, using her aegyo.  Definitely not suit her.

“Eager, are we?” Yoona chuckled.  “I’ll pick you up tonight to go for it.  Just tell Yul you’re accompanying me to watch movie, okay?”

“I love you, unnie! You’re the best!”

 

Yoona was peacefully watching Doctor Who on TV when suddenly the two lovebirds came without any invitation and sat respectively on her left and right side.  She ignored them by focusing on the TV instead.  Tiffany and Taeyeon had an eye-contact battle and as always, Tiffany won and Taeyeon decided to open up a conversation.

“Hey, Yoong.  You know Jessica is leaving today, right?” Taeyeon asked her casually.

“Yeah, Tiffany unnie told me.  Why?” Yoona replied lazily as her eyes still glued on TV.

“You’re not saying any goodbye?  The two of you have been working together.” Taeyeon asked her again.  The answer was not what they were expecting.

Yoona simply shrugged her shoulders off.  “I had.  I texted her a message.  I’m pretty sure she told the two of you.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with I-told-you-it-is-not-working looks.  Tiffany just dismissed Taeyeon and turned her attention to the girl.

“Won’t you miss her?  Or mad, maybe?  Because she didn’t tell you personally about that.”  Tiffany nervously asked.  Yoona, on the other hand, just scoffed at the question.

“Don’t be absurd.” Yoona turned off the TV as she didn’t have the feel to watch it anymore.  She knew exactly where this conversation leads to.  So she better left. “I’m pretty sure she’s the one who’s going to miss me IF she is INDEED leaving.” She emphasized the words IF and INDEED.

“Eh, why would she do that?”  Both Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at the smirking girl curiously.  Yoona got up for her seat.

“Because she has feelings for me.”  Whe left the living room casually, tried her best not to laugh, leaving the two lovebirds dumbfounded.

 

“Stupid sisters.”  Yoona chuckles as she recalls that moment when her two beloved unnies suddenly asking her on that day when Jessica supposed to leave. 

She continues throwing the ball to the wall.  For all this month, she’s been acting like she really believes that Jessica is already left to San Francisco.  She neither asks about her nor she tries to make a contact with her.  Truthfully speaking, Yoona kinda misses her presences: her once a week messages.  The only way to have a contact with Jessica Jung that time.  Though they only had a real meeting twice; one in that coffee-shop and the last one was when she visited her house.  The image of Jessica Jung is still perfectly stained on her brain.

Then she recalls the moment when she shamelessly kissed her on that day.  It was her first kiss.  The very first time she ever kissed a girl in her life.  Though, she looks like a player with her hobby is mingling everywhere, never had she kissed either a boy or a girl, nor she had her first kiss being stolen by anyone.  It was quick, but sweet, she admits.  And no one ever knows that fact and she doesn’t bother to reveal it either.

Maybe Sooyoung was right, she’s not that bad.  Well, Jessica Jung is far from bad in her opinion.  She’s beautiful, gorgeous, and simply breath-taking without she’s even trying.  Or maybe Sooyoung was wrong too, that falling in love is not as bad as she thinks.  It is, indeed, bad.  Because Jessica Jung never stops bothering her mind this whole month.  When she gets bored, the first thing on her mind is her.  Her smile, her beautiful face, her lips.  She even had wondered how sweeter it would be if she kissed her a little bit longer.  But no, no.  She’s not fall in love with her, right?

Oh, Yoona.  You fall for her too, don’t you?

She stops throwing the ball and takes her phone out of her pocket, checking if there is any messages or calls she’s been missing since she silenced her phone off.  Oh yes, there is one message from Sooyoung asking if she’s free or not tonight for food photo hunting.  She replied her an ‘okay’, agreeing her request since she is also in the verge of dying from boredom.  But something attracts her eyes when she was about to close her phone.

Tuesday, 16.00.  Her phone tells her. ‘Oh, isn’t the Tuesday’s next month is today?’ She asked herself.  It means that Jung’s flight is in 3 hours.  She immediately gets up from her seat and grabs her car key and her camera bag with her.  She calls Sooyoung saying that she’s picking her up right now and she is better ready.  Sooyoung yells on the phone asking for the sudden picking up but Yoona just ignores her by hanging up the phone.  As she is about to leave the house, she realizes that the house is already empty, means that Taeyeon and Tiffany is going somewhere.  It’s a good thing that she doesn’t have to give any explanation on where she is going.

--

A car horn being pushed numerous time in front of Sooyoung’s house.  Sooyoung abruptly gets her things and leads her way to the car.

“Yah! Be patient, will you?”  Sooyoung yells as she gets in to the car.  Yoona immediately starts the engine.

“We’re running out of time, idiot.  We only got 2 hours left.”  Yoona replied her, eyes focusing on the road.

“Where the hell are we going Kim?  As far as I remember I asked for a hunting at night not now.”  Sooyoung grumbled as she puts her belongings at the back seat.

“Airport.”

“What the heck?!”  Sooyoung stares at her in disbelief.  “Who’s going?”

“Jessica.” Yoona simply replied.

“What?!”

“Just shut up, Choi!” Yoona drives at the maximum like someone being chased by the cops.

“We’re going to die even before we reach the airport.”  Sooyoung closes her eyes, silently praying to God that she is not going to die soon.

“Suit yourself, Soo.  We won’t.”

----

“Ah, just in time.”  Yoona checks her watch as they both keep walking to the International departure side.  Sooyoung walks lifelessly beside her, wanting to throw up because of her crazy drives back then.

“We’re not die, are we?” Sooyoung asked absentmindedly.  Yoona just chuckles and her eyes wandering, looking for a certain person.

“No, we are not.”

“I’ll kill you later, then.  I’ll drive after this.”  She doesn’t want to have another hell of ride again with Yoona.

“Sure.”

Yoona stops walking as she spots three familiar girls and one unknown girl standing near the entrance gate: Her Taeyeon unnie, Tiffany unnie, and of course, Jessica Jung.  Sooyoung follows her gaze to the girls.  Finally putting the puzzle, she smirks to Yoona.

“Ah, what happens to ‘I don’t have feelings for her, I told you!’ now?” She mimicked Yoona’s way of speaking.

“I don’t know.”

“Finally gets some feelings for her, eh?”  Sooyoung chuckles as she walks her way to the girls.

“Probably.” Yoona simply replied, making Sooyoung to shake her head.  This idiot.

 

“I’m going to miss you, Jessie!”  Tiffany hugs Jessica.  Jessica releases the hug as she turns her body to her sister.

“I’m going to miss you too unnie.”  Krystal hugs her sister tightly, already crying over her sister’s shoulder, making Jessica to cry too.

“Aww, baby Krys.” She cups her sister face and wipes the tears on her face. “I’m going to miss you too.  I’ll be back before you know it, okay?” She assures her sister, it’s hard for her when she sees her sister cry.  “Don’t cry, please?  We’ll keep in touch.  I promise.”

“You better be, unnie.” Krystal jokingly threatens her and gives her sister another hug.

 

“Oi, Jung!”  The four girls turns their heads when they heard someone’s shouting from afar.  As that someone finally makes her ways to them, the three girls widen their eyes and the other one just being clueless.

“Oh.My.God. Is that Yoona?  And Sooyoung?” Tiffany blurted out.

“I think they are.” Taeyeon replied, still in shocks.  Why the hell her sister is here?

Jessica, on the other hand, still looking at the girl with mouth slightly opens.  If this is a dream, she doesn’t want to wake up.  Yoona comes closer to them as Sooyoung follows her behind.  Tiffany and Taeyeon’s eyes already on Sooyoung’s, wanting for an explanation.  Sooyoung groggily laughs and mouthed ‘just asks her’, making the two girls sigh.

“Close your mouth, Jung.” Yoona said casually to the frozen Jessica.  Jessica closes and regains her consciousness.  It’s indeed her.

“I don’t see any ghosts here.  Why are you so surprised?  Are you surprised to see me?”  Yoona cockily said.

“H-h-ow…. How did you know?”  Jessica stuttered.  Yoona just laughs at her.

“I have my ways.”  Yoona simply replied.  Jessica glares at her two best-friends who are just shaking their heads, answering her implicit question that it wasn’t them who tell her.  “Nah that idiots didn’t tell me.  I told you, I have my ways.”  Yoona smirks, making Jessica to raise her eyebrows.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to say a proper goodbye.”  Yoona turns her attention to Krystal, who stands beside Jessica.  “You look like her.” She pointed her finger to Jessica.  “You must be her sister, then.”  Krystal nods her head, still clueless on what’s going on.  “Hi, I’m Kim YoonA.   Taeyeon’s sister.” She extends her right hand to Krystal, which the latter takes it. “Hi, I’m Krystal Jung.  Jessica’s younger sister.”

“I believe I’ve seen you somewhere.  But I couldn’t recall where.” Krystal chuckles at her own stupidity.  She is sure she has seen this girl somewhere.  Oh, right, her sister’s phone wallpaper.

“It’s not good you know, deceiving people.”  She turns her head to the lovebirds who just hang their heads low in embarrassment and turns back to Jessica who keeps her poker-face.

“Like the website?  I’m not disappointing you, right?”  Yoona changed the topic.

“Yeah.”  Jessica simply replied.  Honestly, she wonders what is the real intention of her for being here.  Yoona just nods her head.

“Good to know, then.”

Silence filling up the gap between Yoona and Jessica, although it’s quite crowded on the Airport.  No one dares to speak.  One still surprised about the sudden appearance of the one she badly wanted to see, the other one is in deep thinking about what she should say to the girl in front of her.

“I gotta go inside.”  Jessica breaking the silence. “It’s boarding time, I don’t want to miss the flight.”

Jessica readies herself and she gives her sister one last hug and also a hand-shake for Sooyoung.  She stands up in front of Yoona, waiting for the latter to say something, but no words come from the latter’s mouth.  She sighs and makes her way to the entrance gate, but suddenly someone grabs her right hand, causing her to stop.

“I don’t know how to say this, but…” Yoona paused for a while, taking a deep breath as Jessica already facing her. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.   It’s nice to know that someone has a bit of affection for me.”  Yoona sincerely said to her.   Jessica just smiles at her and tries to release her hand from Yoona’s grip, but the latter tighten it up.

“I’m not finished yet.”  Yoona takes another deep breath.  “I know it’s kind of unfair for you, but I think you did know the consequences of liking me from my sister.”  Both of them chuckle.  “We both were strangers at first and we still are now.  I don’t know anything about you and you know nothing about me.  Let we just keep being like that until we meet again in other time.  I don’t like being attached to something or someone I barely know and I believe you’re the same.  Feel free to like me, to love me, I don’t mind.”  Tears fall from Jessica’s eyes and Yoona wipes it.  Even when she cries, she is still beautiful too, Yoona noted.  “I’m not accepting nor I rejecting you.  Let the time tells us what we’re going to be in the future.”  Yoona finished her sentences and releases her grip on Jessica’s hand.  Both of them smile to each other and Jessica gives her a quick kiss on her lips, making Yoona shocks.

“That’s my revenge.”  Jessica smiles to her, Yoona replies it by a smile too. “And thank you for being honest.  I really appreciate that.”

And just like that, Jessica walks out from Yoona and closes another chapter of her life: falling in love and broken-hearted at the same time.  She doesn’t mind, at all.  As long as it’s Kim YoonA, she doesn’t mind.  She might changes into a better person as time goes by, but she doubts her feelings for that girl will change.  But she doesn’t mind.

Yoona keeps watching on Jessica as the girl slowly disappearing from her sight.  She takes another deep breath and walks back to Sooyoung and her sisters.  She smiles to herself as the pictures of Jessica keep playing on her mind.  Every goodbye leads to another good hello, she believes it.  And she strongly believes that there will be another hello for her and Jessica. 

She needs to prove herself that it is indeed what she and Sooyoung’s believe, the feelings she has for Jessica.  She needs time and she is sure that Jessica needs it too.  And if it is indeed true , when that another hello comes, she is a hundred percent sure that she will never let her go.

 

“Come on Soo, let’s have some photo hunting tonight.  But before that, let we eat first.  I’m hungry.”


Ah, hello. Sorry for the delay, hope you don't mind :) As you see, every story will comes to an end, doesn't it? Kekeke.  No no, i haven't complete it yet.  One more chapter, maybe? hahaha.

And Thank You for the comments, the upvotes, and the subscribes.  I really, really, appreciate that.  Have a nice day! :)