Revelation

Distraction

Eyes widen, mouths wide open, and their bodies stand still on the spot.  The current state of Kim YoonA and Choi SooYoung right now.  No one moves, well, more likely, can’t even move.  Their minds and body seem to not cooperate as it always does.  Their minds are busy processing the portrait of a woman, sits perfectly between the two girls on the sofa, assuring themselves that it is just indeed a hallucination that their minds trying to put a joke on them.

Impossible.  That’s the first word that come across their mind.

“Are we sharing the same dream?” The taller one, who still in the midst of surprise, spoke.

“Exactly what I think we are.” The younger replied. “We’re not supposed to talk about her last night.  Look what we have got.” She added, earning nods from the taller one.

“I agree.”

Tiffany and Jessica, on the other side, trying so hard not to laugh at the scene in front of them by covering their mouth with their hands.  This is just too funny for them, looking at the clueless girls in front of them, priceless.  Taeyon gets up from her sit and approaching both of the girls who still think that they’re in the dream world.  She stands up right in front of them and pulling both of their right ears in order to wake them up.

“Aww aww aww.”

“Aww, stop.  It hurts, Taeyeon.”

They whine and caressing their poor ears.  Taeyeon just eyed them with an accusing look.  Tiffany and Jessica are trying not to involve by focusing back to their laptop screen.

“So, you’re saying that you both talked about my friend, Jessica, here last night.” Taeyeon remarked. “What was that?  I want to know.”

Both Sooyoung and Yoona gulp, having eyes battle to decide which one of them should explain to Taeyeon. Sooyoung groggily laughs and decided to run away from the situation.

“Err, I think I need the toilet.” Sooyoung said as she quickly runs away, leaving Yoona alone to face Taeyeon’s question.  Well, done Sooyoung.

“I think I need the toilet too.  Next time Taeyeon.” She quickly runs before Taeyeon could say anything.  Taeyeon sighs and getting back to her previous sit.  Tiffany and Jessica laugh out loud as both the clueless girls are nowhere in their sight.

“Oh my Gosh, that was so funny.” Jessica can’t stop laughing until her stomach hurts.

“Did you see their face? They look like they are just seeing a ghost!” Tiffany added, making the three of them to laugh even more.

Soon, the laugh ends and the room remains silent for a while.

“So, Yoona still didn’t know that I work with you, Tiff.” Jessica broke the silence. “That explains why she never brought up the topic about you, then.”

Truthfully speaking, Jessica already knew at the moment she and Yoona had a meeting for the first time, that Yoona and both Tiffany and Taeyeon, are related to each other.  She accidentally looked at Yoona’s tablet screen and it showed the photo of her with Taeyeon and Tiffany.  She told Tiffany everything after that and of course, Tiffany spilled it out to Taeyeon, and then she was interrogated by the two of them the day after.  It was Taeyeon’s idea after all to not letting her revealed anything to Yoona about her relationship with Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“That rascal is too dumb to realize it.” Taeyeon spoke.  “We gave tons of clues about you.  We mentioned that Tiffany had this online-clothing business with her friend from America and they partner up with someone who have experienced on it.”

“And the replied was just ‘Oh really?  It’s the same with the person I’m currently working with.’” Tiffany finished Taeyeon’s words.

“Cute.” Jessica mumbled, but loud enough to be heard.  Taeyeon and Tiffany turn their attention to Jessica, who pretending to look at the screen.

“Sica, tell me, do you really have feelings for my sister?”  Taeyeon asked her seriously.  Jessica sighs and turning her attention to both of her best-friends.

“At first, I wasn’t.” Jessica admitted, making both Taeyeon and Tiffany eyeing her curiously.

“But the absence of her always making me wonder about her all this time and my heart can’t stop beating faster every time I got her messages or when I heard her voice.  It’s lingering on my head.”  Jessica finished her explanation, leaving the two lovers stunned.

“You’re kidding right, Jessie?”  Tiffany asked her.

“You think?  You know me so well, Tiff.” Jessica replied.

Tiffany shook her head. “But this is Yoona, Jessie.  I’ve warned you.” Tiffany desperately said.  She doesn’t want her best-friend to get hurt, really.  Yoona is like her own sister, she knows exactly what kind of Yoona is; she will never let herself to get involve with love.

“I know Tiff. I know.  But I can’t help it.  It’s not like I didn’t try to control it.” Jessica defended herself.  She tried to deny every single feelings that she has for the younger but the harder she tried to, the more she feels it.

 

“Ehm.” 

The three of them turn their head to the source of the voice that disturbed their conversation.  There, both Yoona and Sooyoung groggily standing, with their outfit already change from the previous.  It looks like both of them already had their showers since they look fresh.  Yoona looks perfectly gorgeous in Jessica’s eyes, even the girl only wear a T-shirt and dark-blue jeans, paired up with Toms shoes and what-seems-to-be camera bag hanging on her right shoulders.

“Err, unnies, we’re going out.” Yoona simply said to them and Sooyoung nods her head.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked, eyeing them from head to toe.

“Out.” Yoona lazily replied.   “We need some fresh air.  Night hunting, probably.” Yoona pointed to her camera bag.  Sooyoung once again just nods her head.  She still out of words for the sudden appearance of her boss.

“Don’t smoke too much.  Understood?” Taeyeon spoke calmly as they about to walk out the house after opened up the door, making both of the girls turn their attention to Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry?” Yoona seems a bit puzzled by the sudden words.

“I know you two are smoking.  No need to hide anymore.” Both of them just nod their head and Yoona closes the door. 

 

“Yoona’s smoking?” Jessica asked Taeyeon as soon as Yoona and Sooyoung leave the house.

“Yes she is.  I found a pack of cigarettes on her room.” Taeyeon simply replied and focusing her attention to Jessia instead.

“Rules of liking, well scratch that, loving Kim YoonA.” Taeyeon suddenly said, making the two girls surprised.

“First, do not ever, ever, hoping that she will returns your feelings.”  Tiffany and Jessica left confused by the statement, but Taeyeon dismisses it, nonetheless.

“Second, if she does everything that you think she’s flirting, you’re totally wrong.  She does it unintentionally, mind you.”

“And the last, your feelings are your business, not hers.  So bear with it.”  Taeyeon finished her sentences.  Jessica nods her head, indicating she is understand.  She knows the consequences; that’s what she got for loving Kim YoonA, she guessed.

“And it could lead into hurting your own heart.” Taeyeon said again. “Are you sure you’re ready for that?”

Jessica smiles to her. “I don’t know.  I guess I should be ready for that?”

Tiffany hugs her best-friend tightly until she couldn’t breathe.  “I will help you to win her heart, Jessie!” Tiffany shouted, earning giggles from Jessica.

“Though I hate to say this, but I think it’s nice to have you as in-law, Sica.” Taeyeon jokingly said and a pillow landing perfectly on her face.

--

“It’s going to be super awkward between me and Jessica when we see each other again in the coffee-shop, really.” Sooyoung lights up her cigarette as Yoona doing the same thing besides her.

Both of them are currently sitting on the top of Yoona’s car.  They’re enjoying the night view on their favourite hill.  Whenever their minds screw up, high possibilities that they are running away to this place, just like right now.

“And it’s going to be super awkward too between me and the lovers.” Yoona added.  They both just sigh.

“How can I not notice that? Oh my, I just realized that they were giving me lots of clues back then.” She cursed herself for being such a stupid brat. 

She puts the puzzles in her head and it finally makes sense to her on why her sister and sister-in-law always asked her about her project progress.  They often asked about something she did but not this time.  She laughs to herself and Sooyoung just looking at her confusedly.

“What the hell are you laughing about?”

“This. Everything. Her.  God, even without me knowing, she was the distraction after all.  Clever girl.”

“Mind to explain me, Yoong? You know, I’m a slow poke when it comes to deduction.”

“So, dear, Sooyoung, my best-friend whom I love so much.”

And Yoona starts to tell everything on her mind to SooYoung.  From the first time that Jessica even dared to pay her all at once on the first met, about why Jessica never talked about who the friend she’s working with, about all the reported messages, about why she was so focused on finishing the project perfectly that she didn’t ever bother to think, to wonder, why the hell her sister always asked her about that.

“You got it, buddy?”

Sooyoung is trying so hard to absorb everything Yoona just said.  Being friend with Yoona for the longest time, making her to work her brain off.  This girl loves to play mind games and never wants to go straight to the point, she likes to make her listener making their own deduction.  Sooyoung believes that it was the after-effects of watching and reading stories of detectives too much.

“So, you were saying that Jessica, Tiffany unnie, and Taeyeon unnie already knew about you and probably me all this time.  They are hiding the fact that they are already known each other just to let you discover it yourself and you were saying that Jessica is the distraction itself for you to discover that.” Sooyoung let out everything that crossed her mind.

“Exactly, my friend.  You’re getting smarter. I’m impressed.” Yoona gives her two-thumbs up.

“Except the fact that they already knew about you, though.  The lovers doesn’t even know that you’re having a part-time job.  And Jessica also never sees us interacting with each other before.” Yoona stated.  “So, I guess you were out of the plan.”

Sooyoung nods her head in agreement.  They remain silent after that as Yoona thinks about what motives behind.  All her trains of thoughts are disturbed by the sudden claps of Sooyoung’s.

“I knew it.” Sooyoung exclaimed with a smug grin plasters on her face.

“Probably, they want to know if you have feelings for Jessica or not.  They must be knew about the kissing, right?” What Sooyoung said is somehow makes sense. “And, chances are Jessica has feelings for you!” Sooyoung happily exclaimed and smirks to Yoona.  Yoona knows exactly where Sooyoung words are going and she doesn’t like it. At all.

“She wants to know more about you from your sisters.  That’s why they never revealing it.”

“Arghhh!!! I hate you for being that smart Choi SooYoung!” Yoona shouted and Sooyoung just laughing her off.

“But she can’t be.  She never talked about it, remember?” Yoona countered.

“Never talked about it doesn’t mean she didn’t mind it, right?” Sooyoung smiles triumphantly and Yoona is out of words.

“Think about it Yoong.  Jessica is not that bad.  You’re also admit it that she’s gorgeous.  I believe you two will be a cute couple.” Sooyoung said dreamily. Yoona slaps her right arms.

“Yah, I don’t have feelings for her!  I told you!”

“Open up yourself, buddy.  Falling in love is not as bad as you think it is.”

“Okay, we’re out of topic now.  Let’s go home before Taeyeon locks the door and I should sleep in the car.”  Yoona gets up and getting down from the top of the car.

“You didn’t bring the key?”  Sooyoung asked as they enter the car and Yoona starts the engine.

“I left it on my room.”

--

Yoona walks out from her car and heading back to the house quietly, not wanting to make a ruckus that could wake the neighbours up.  She opens the door slowly, hoping that Taeyeon hasn’t locked it up. Thank God she hasn’t.  The room is already dark when she stepped inside.  She assumed that Jessica already left since she didn’t see her car parked in front her house again and the two lovers already fall asleep.  She sighs in relieve and heading to her room.  Before that, she walks to the kitchen first and grabs some water.  Today is too mind-blowing for her.

“I put the contents on the flash disk and it’s on your desk.” The sudden voice, causing Yoona to jump in surprise.

“Oh, Tiffany unnie.  You scared me.” Yoona put her empty glass on the kitchen sink.  Tiffany just smiles at her dongsaeng.

“Taeyeon is already fell asleep.  She was waiting to interrogate you.” Tiffany chuckles.  Yoona wants to ask something to her but she thinks she could ask about it later.

“So………….”  Tiffany breaks the silence, much to Yoona’s surprise.

“So, what, unnie?” Yoona acts dumb.  She really wants to run away right now.  Her Tiffany unnie is somehow more intimidating than her own sister.

“Don’t play dumb on me, Kim YoonA.” Tiffany waves her index finger in front of Yoona’s face.  “Finally put the puzzle pieces?”  She said again.

“Yes, ma’am.” Yoona hopelessly said.  There’s no way she could escape from this conversation anymore.

“She’s leaving in three-days and leaves all the work to me.  From now on, you’ll be working with me, understood?” Tiffany stated, leaving Yoona to stare at her confusedly.

“What?  I thought she’s having her three-month holiday here.”

“And the three-month holiday is coming to an end, pabo. Now, do you understand?  I’m going to monitor everything, Yoona.”

 

Yoona left speechless and just nods her head like an auto-pilot.  She excuses herself to get back to her room.  She throws herself on her bed and closes her eyes. 

“Like I care if she’s leaving or not.”  She mumbled.  But somehow she hates herself for saying that.  She grabs her phone and starting to text a message.

To: Jessica

Is that true? You’re leaving?

Sent. She throws her phone to another side of the bed.  It’s midnight already and she is probably asleep and don’t even bother to reply her text.  But the thought is dismissed by the sudden ring of her phone, indicating that she just received a message.  She quickly takes her phone and read the message.

From: Jessica

Yes.  Tiffany told you, right? She’s your boss now, Yoona.  It’s a pleasure to work with you. The web is so cool, I’m impressed J

She let out a heavy sighed.  So, indeed it’s true.  She texts her a reply.

To: Jessica

I’m sorry.  I really am.

If Jessica is not having any feelings for her, she won’t bother to tell it directly to her that she’s leaving, right? And probably she already knows too that she didn’t mean to kiss her and she didn’t mean to let her fall for her.  That’s why she’s saying sorry for her.

Yoona receives another reply and quickly opens it.

From: Jessica

What for?

To: Jessica

For the kiss.  For unintentionally making you fall for me.  Everything.

 

With that, she throws her phone and buries her head on her pillow.  She doesn’t care if she’s replying or not.  She already said everything she needs to say.  And she’s not supposed to feel like this; guilty and sad at the same time.


I'm not quite satisfied with this chapter but post it, nonetheless.  Before the lack of inspiration attacking again, hahaha.  Enjoy!