Serendipity

Distraction

Kim JiYeon.

Yoona thinks that Taeyeon and Tiffany should add ‘Annoying’ in the middle of Jiyeon's name. It suits her better.  Or maybe ‘Mood-killer’, ‘Moment-killer’, ‘Pain-in-the-’, or whatever negative word(s) the dictionary has.

But she thinks that she should also thank her, either because the little girl has brought Jessica Jung to her or because the little girl has saved her from the will-be awkward situation between her and Jessica after their encounter –or maybe both.

“Let’s go.”  She dragged the little girl away to the toilet, leaving Jessica standing alone there.

 

Having just accompanied the little intruder to the toilet, Yoona found Jessica staring blankly at the lounge’s window.  She sat beside her, joined Jessica enjoying the view of airplanes outside. 

Noticing Yoona’s presence, Jessica moved a bit to give her some space.

Awkward.

Both occupied with their own thoughts, thinking what they should say to each other, and the sound of Yoona’s phone ringtone stopping both of their train of thoughts.

“What?”  She answered the phone lazily.

“Nice way to greet your sister.” The caller replied sarcastically.

“Thank you for your compliment.  I’m flattered.”

“Where’s Jiyeon?”

“Your umma’s calling.”  Turning the speakers on, she handed the phone to Jiyeon, who happily took it from her.

“Umma! I miss you~” The little girl yelled happily as the caller laughed.

“I miss you too, baby girl.  We will meet again in a few hours.  You’ve been a good girl to your auntie, right?”

“I am!”  The little girl exclaimed. ‘Good girl? Your daughter is nothing but a pain in the .’ Yoona scoffed.

“Good.  Now give the phone to your auntie, please?”

“I’m here midget.  What’s up?”

“Thank you for your compliment.  I’m flattered.” The caller mimicked her previous words.

“You are welcome, Taeyeon.”

“You take care of my little princess nicely, right?”

“No!  Auntie Yoona is busy with hewself, umma~” Jiyeon complained to her mother before Yoona could say anything.

“Yah, am not!”  Yoona yelled.

“See, umma. Auntie Yoona always scolds me~” Jiyeon pouted cutely as Yoona stared at her in disbelief.

“Kim YoonA.”  Taeyeon spoke sternly.  “I only asked you to take care of her for a week, not in your entire life.  And now my daughter is complaining, jeez.”

“Sorry, my battery’s low.  I’ll call you later when we arrived.  Better be early because I hate to wait.”

“Yah! Kim YoonA! I’m not finish--”

She turned the call off, not wanting to hear any of Taeyeon’s rambling. 

 

 “Seems that old habit never change.” Jessica spoke softly.

“Huh?”  Yoona turned her head Jessica, confused.

“You and Taeyeon.  The two of you will never stop bickering, won’t you?”

“Auntie Jessie!”  Jiyeon suddenly called Jessica, interrupting Yoona who was about to replied Jessica’s question. 

The little girl always found a way to intrude into her auntie’s moment.

 “You said you will scold auntie Yoona fow me.”  Jiyeon pointed her finger to Yoona’s face, pouting cutely to her pretty auntie.

Jessica laughed at Jiyeon and Yoona raised her eyebrows, staring at both Jiyeon and Jessica in disbelief. 

“Oh, right…”  Jessica faced Yoona.

‘Just make her happy for once.’ Jessica eyes told Yoona.

‘Fine.’

“You should watch your niece carefully next time.”  Jessica scolded with her cold voice and gave Yoona her icy glare.  “She might be kidnapped by strangers, you know.”

‘Kidnap?  Pfffttt.  I believe that the kidnapper will regret his decision.’  Yoona scoffed within herself.

“Yes, it was my fault.”  Yoona hung her head low, following the rhythm.  “Thank you for finding her.  I owe you one.”

Jiyeon looks satisfied looking at her auntie being scolded by her pretty auntie.  She clapped her hands and patting her auntie’s shoulder.

“It’s okay auntie.  I fowgive you~” Jiyeon playfully said to her auntie. 

Jessica is trying so hard to suppress her laugh by covering with her hands.

If Jiyeon is not her niece, Yoona swears that she will let anyone, who wants to, to kidnap the little girl.

 

“How did you find Jiyeon anyway?  Her mommies would surely kill me if they know that I almost lost their precious daughter.”

“She bumped into me and I decided to help her to find her careless auntie.”

“Thank you –what did you say?!  Careless Auntie?!”  Yoona stared at Jessica in disbelief and then pouted.

Thank God that Jessica can controlled herself; if not, she would already attached her lips to the pouting girl’s.

“You are.”  Jessica chuckled.  “She said you were busy with your own camera.”

“I was bored.”  Yoona leaned to the chair.  “She has been all hyper the entire time.  The only time she’s not... is when she’s asleep.”  She glanced to the sleeping Jiyeon next to her.  “Just thank God that she is Taeyeon’s daughter.”

“Ah!  I remember now.”  Jessica exclaimed, making Yoona to look at her confusedly.  “I knew that I have heard Jiyeon’s name a couple of times.  It was Tiff who told me back then before we lost contact due to my sudden lost phone.  How could I not notice that?”  She shook her head, chuckling to herself.

“Well, you’ve been very busy, I supposed.  Forgetting this little brat’s name is forgiven.”  Yoona joked, making Jessica to laugh.

“What are you doing in London anyway?”  Jessica changed the topic.

“Got a job from Sooyoung to be her friend’s wedding photographer.”  Yoona replied.  “Not going to miss the chance to be in London for a week.  Not to mention, for free.”

“How is Sooyoung by the way?”

“Perfectly fine.  Happily married to her Sunny bunny.”

“Oh, she’s married already?”

“Yep.”  Yoona nodded.  “Two years ago to be exact.  Still can’t believe that my partner in crime is now attached to someone else.”

“And you’re not?”  Jessica mentally slapped herself for asking her such a question.

Yoona just laughed at her question.  “Nope.  Still the y, free, and single Kim YoonA.”  She said cockily to Jessica. 

And Jessica swore that her heart beat even faster upon hearing the answer.

“How about you?”  Yoona threw the question back to her.

“Same here.”  Jessica smiled at her.  “Still the y, free, and single Jessica Jung.”  She smirked.

“How come?”  Yoona faked a shocked face.  “You’re getting older.  Even Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie already got themselves a daughter.”

“Says the one who is also getting older.”  Jessica laughed.  “We’re just a year different.”

“But still… I’m younger than you.”  Yoona stuck her tounge.  “Haven’t asked about yours, though.  What are you doing in London?”

“Attending the London Fashion week.  I got an invitation.”  Jessica sighed.  Her job requires her to travel a lot.  Not that she didn’t enjoy it, but sometimes it was tiring.

“Why am I not surprise?  You’re the talented fashion designer after all.” 

“How do you know?”

“Well, it is all over the internet.”

“Since when you’re interested in fashion news anyway?”  Jessica eyed Yoona suspiciously.  As far as she remembers, the younger doesn’t have any interest in that business, according to her best-friend, Tiffany.

“Well, I was bored.”  Yoona made an excuse.  It would freak Jessica out if she knew that she was stalking searching about her on the internet.  “So, I browsed any kind of news on the internet and voila, I found about yours.”

“You get bored easily, don’t you?”

“Well, jobs come and go easily too.  As a freelancer I am.”

“Not thinking about of having another kind of job?  Like working on a company or something?”

“Nah, I hate being a corporate slave.  I like myself being the boss of myself.”  Still the cocky Kim YoonA, Jessica noted.

“Figures.”

 

There’s a pregnant pause between two of them.  One still can’t believe that the girl she badly wanted to see is now right beside her, the other one is trying to calm her heart that beat faster than usual.

“So, you’ll be back to Seoul now?”  Jessica asked, breaking the silence.

“Yes, my one week in London has come to an end.  Please don’t tell me you’re going back to Seoul also.”  Yoona joked.  She assumed that the older might going to somewhere else, as the busy woman she is.

“I am.”  Jessica frowned.

“Seriously?”  Yoona couldn’t hide her surprise.  “You’re not flying with the Korean Air then, right?”  Yoona asked again, hoping that she is not.  Because if she is, Yoona doesn’t know how to act and what to do anymore.

“Well, I am.”  Jessica anwered.  Eyeing the latter confusedly.  How come did Yoona know?

“What?!  And don’t tell me that your seat number is 7-F.”

“Err…”  Jessica checked her ticket.  To her surprise, it is exactly 7-F.  “It is 7-F.”

Yoona’s jaw dropped and Jessica is getting more confused.

“My God.  How come?!”  Yoona took her tickets from her bag. “Mine and Jiyeon’s…”  She showed her tickets to Jessica. “Are 7-D and 7-E.”

And right now, it is Jessica’s turned to have a jaw dropped.  Her eyes widen as she checked the tickets to make sure that Yoona wasn’t put a joke on her.

“My God…” 

Jessica thinks that God surely loves her that much and her five years of not seeing the girl who caught her heart at the first sight is worth the wait.

 

If someone is destined to be with you, she/he won’t go anywhere, will she/he?