Chapter 5

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Warning about the kiss scene, not suitable for underage readers. Read at your own risk!

 

 

 

Naeun P.O.V

 

The past, on 6th December 2010

 

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I’m in love with you.

 

“Oh Naeun-ah! You are so lucky!” my friend reads the poem over and over again as she squealed away. Shutting her up is the best way with all our classmates watching. I dusted my skirt before standing up to apologize in behalf of my friend. “Mianhae, We won’t do it again” I eyed my friend. It was already recess time and the usual, my friend here is going to the gym to flirt with the well-known guy, Kai.

 

Girls from my school like love him but not me. I just don’t think he’s the type of guy I wanna end up with. Wonder why my friend squealed after reading the poem a gazillion times? That poem was actually sent to me, it was hand-written (fancily) and romantic. I’ve been receiving theses cards, flowers and presents from that mysterious boy, well-known as Son Naeun’s secret admirer.

 

I’ve been trying to investigate who the ‘Secret admirer’ is. I’ve tried everything but at last I didn’t get anything, not even a little clue. I’ve decided to give up and just accept the presents. I approached my locker at the end of the hallway. I’ve made sure that no one was around before opening the locker. There it is again, a new gift. The gifts were a box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses and a note.

 

Hello, I heard that I’m ‘Son Naeun’s secret admirer’. Don’t mean to piss you or something but I like the new nickname. It makes me feel that you’re mine /peace sign/

 

“Yeah sure” I sniffed the bouquet of roses before exiting from the school’s front door.

 

A month has passed and yet I still receive presents from my secret admirer, I noticed that I smile every time as soon as I see the gifts and letters. Am I finally opening it up to him?—at the thought of it, I suddenly bumped into some guy.

 

“Are you okay?” I winced before nodding to him. Wait that voice—I secretly looked at him and it was that popular guy, Kai. “I’m fine” I stated, trying to walk away from him. Why is my heart thumping all of a sudden?—I touched my chest and suddenly, I was blushing. Why did I feel like that all of a sudden?

 

In class,

 

“Okay so this Friday, it’s prom night so choose your dates, don’t be too slow” one of my classmates spoke which erupted the whole class. They were so busy talking about the prom. I was not interested in such thing so I decided to exit the class. Maybe walking around is a better idea.

 

I saw a note stick-ed onto my locker.

 

Will you be my date for prom night?

 

I shyly looked around making sure that no one was around seeing me blush. Then suddenly some guy took the paper away from me. Surprisingly, it was Kai, again. “What do we have here?” Kai snickered. I tried to jump and swipe the paper away but it’s just useless since he’s taller.

 

“Kai!!! Give it back!” I shouted angrily. He laughed as he heard me groaning here and there. “Here” kai handed me the paper as he walked away. What the heck? We’re not even that close—I thought. I decided to shake it off and go back to class.

 

The next day,

 

I slipped the paper into my locker. It was my answer for my secret admirer.

 

Yes. I am happy to be you’re date

 

I got a new sticky note at recess.

 

I am the guy wearing a red tie. See you soon :D

 

“What the heck? I’m sure that he won’t be the only one wearing a red tie” I whispered

 

It was already prom night. I decided to check my locker .As usual, there was a new gift from my ‘secret admirer’ The gift for tonight is a pink corsage. I neatly fixed the corsage as I entered the dance floor. A few bunch of students com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter