Chapter 4

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Thanks for the support~

 

 

 

In the past at 28th April 2011

 

Eunji P.O.V

 

“Hey Eunji, let’s play a game”. I looked at him sheepishly giving a slight nod. Obviously, I was bored of the idea but rather than wasting time reading a journal or something, it would be better to play with Byun Baekhyun. “What kind of game is it?” I yawned widely causing him to close my mouth with his dirty hands. Eww—“What the heck?”. I rubbed my mouth angrily.

 

“Don’t be such a meanie Eunji-nim”. I was irritatingly pushing him away to get some snacks from the fridge. He followed me around trying to disturb me again. “For the last time, stop it, you are giving me a headache” I rubbed my temple with a really ugly expression

 

Baekhyun was laughing his head off on the sofa. I crossed my arms and shouted loudly. “Hey no fooling around Byun, we need to practice our singing skills before the audition is held”. He wiped his tears but he can’t seem to forget about it. I decided to push him off of the sofa. And look what happened, he’s groaning in pain.

 

But he looked serious, too serious. “Hey Baek, are you hurt?” he didn’t answer and his face was buried deep in his two girly arms. It’s making me worry all of a sudden. I walked slowly to him and wiggled him. Suddenly, he turned around and showed a smiley expression.

 

“AHH!” he teased me with a sudden scream causing me to shriek in surprise. I hit his arm angrily yet gently. Both of us ended up laughing loudly and we slumped down on the carpet. “You know Eunji, once I become a famous singer, I won’t ever forget what you’ve done to me. You really helped me a lot” he smiled widely, facing me.

 

I pinched his nose and suddenly some of my busan accent went out. Baekhyun was pretty used to it so he doesn’t laugh or giggle about it anymore. “Promise?” my pinky finger automatically inter whined with his. He smiled back and wiggled our fingers as he nodded and swearing at the same time.

 

“You’re funny” I knocked his head gently. “Have you ever fallen in love?” that question was just a bit too sudden. Why are you asking me that Baek? –“ Uh...n-no” the words came out in a different way. It was a bit shaky and obviously there was a hint of shyness. “Oh, well I have fallen in love” he played with his legs happily. He rudely puts his foot onto the coffee table.

 

“With who?” who wouldn’t be curious right?. “Someone” he rolled his eyes sheepishly. I smirked at him and rose up from the carpet to tie my hair. I looked and it was already 6 p.m. Shoot mom is going to kill me –“I’d better go before my mom erupts” my books were kept safely in my school bag. Baekhyun decided to help as well. He decided to walk me back home

 

“Hey have you already revised your lyrics?” I looked at him. He just shrugged so I am taking that as a no. “E-eunji..”He was about to talk but we already arrived. I thanked him, waving goodbye and seeing him off until he was completely out of my sight.

 

1st June 2011

 

Today is the day. The day when the audition is held. I was extremely nervous that I could just cry my tears out. I was busy remembering my lyrics. Baekhyun promised to help me today but he wasn’t here. I haven’t seen him anywhere today. That was odd. Really odd if you ask me.

 

“Byun Baekhyun” I heard the name and he was already on stage. There he is. I tried to grab his attention but I just couldn’t. He was avoiding me but why? Maybe he’s just shy. He stood there and sang beautifully while he was playing the piano. It brought me up to tears. His expression was real

 

“Thank you Byun Baekhyun” the judge applaud with their standing ovation. He bowed back but he seemed unhappy. “Jung Eunji is up” I encouraged myself up as I climbed up the stairs. I bowed down nervously as I took out my lyric sheet.

 

“What happened?” I rummaged through the bag but my lyrics were gone. It was just a plain paper. The audiences looked at me weirdly including the judges. One of the judges spoke looking rather upset. “Did you forget your lyric sheet? Nevermind. Try again next year if you can’t memorise” that one spoke. I was taken aback.

Suddenly, my eyes started to become soggy but I wiped it off. “I’ll just sing without a lyric sheet” I put my hand up receiving applause from the audience. The judges seemed satisfied with my effort. I grabbed the microphone trying to sing smoothly like I used to practice with Baekhyun.

 

As I hit the high notes, my voice suddenly cracked receiving laughs from everyone. I continued on and suddenly when I was about to enter the next chorus. I suddenly stopped. “What are you doing? Continue on” the third judge spoke. I broug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter