seven;

insecurities.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

both kai and naeun turned to see who was it, when the figure walks towards them with a frown on the face. yes, although everyone, well most of them have already leave the venue back to their hotel but who could have thought that there are still some people here too. but here they are, kai and naeun, shouting at each other in hallways as though that they are in their own apartment. both parties looked down in embarassement when the figure got closer to them and the frown was even more visible as the figure got closer. 

"what do you think the both of you are doing shouting at each other in the hallways?" the figure asked. for someone to say things like that only proves one point; it have to be someone older than them, a senior, or someone they personally know. 

no one spoke a word. not kai. not naeun. naeun was avoiding kai's gaze while kai was just staring straight up into her soul. 

"no one is going to talk?" the figure asked after the both of them stayed silent for some time. 

"look," kai said. "we are talking, and we aren't arguing or anything. i just need to talk to naeun and find out some things from her. so if you could excuse us!" kai said annoyed as he grabbed naeun's wrist which made naeun flinched.

naeun didn't want to be anywhere near kai. and here he is, grabbing on to her wrist as though it's his own. naeun is afraid of what's going to happen when both she and kai are alone. kai would probably lose his temper and demand on the things he wanna know. the fact and thought that kai could get angry and mad made naeun even more afraid. although kai have never, and would most probably never lose his temper or get mad or even shout at naeun, but naeun is still scared because she have seen him lose control of his temper before. most importantly, she is afraid that she herself can't handle herself, she can't handle the emotions she is going to feel, the pain, the hurt. 

the figure saw through naeun's instinctive reaction before grabbing naeun's hand. "she's not going anywhere with you." the figure said to kai, sternly. 

"wendy-" kai began but wendy cut his words "she clearly said back off. respect what a girl said!" 

kai growled in fustration, "jesus!" his face totally showed how annoyed and irritated he is right now with this sudden pop up of wendy.

"i'll be waiting for your answer, naeun." kai said, a little softer now before releasing his grip, walking away. 

when kai was no where to be seen anymore, naeun's shoulder finally dropped as all her emotions that she have been keeping inside her came rushing to her wanting to be freed. "shush, shush.." wendy pats naeun's back, soothing her as she cry none stop. 

wendy was walking back to red velvet's waiting room since she have forgotten her phone in the room when she is already back in the hotel. she excused herself from her members before rushing all the way back to the concert venue hoping that no one have taken her phone away. thankfully, her phone was still there and as she was walking out, down the hallway she heard people shouting at each other. as curious as a cat, she went to check it out since she is sure that most of the groups have left and gone back to their hotel. she peeped from behind the wall since she's scared that she would be caught for being such a busybody. but when she saw two familiar figure standing facing each other while their shouts was clear.

wendy observed them for a while before taking a good look at naeun. naeun who was trying very hard to stay strong but the guy infront of her was trying with all his might to persuade her to let him in again. knowing how kai was stubborn and probably would not leave naeun alone even when naeun clearly said and told him to back off, he would probably still insist. that's when wendy came into the picture, calling naeun from the back. 

wendy knew that she shouldn't be talking or sounding this rude but she have no choice when she saw how naeun is actually struggling infront of kai. she scoffed when she also saw how kai totally did not see how hard naeun is trying to stay calm. wendy heard from her unnies and dongsaengs of red velvet that kai and naeun are close friends or better still best friends but how kai was so oblivious about naeun's feeling is just dumb. D U M B.

maybe the fact that wendy grow up in canada and being in a foreign country, living the foreign life, maybe it's because the causasians are more straight forward, more open towards most things, more direct or etc; that's why wendy have got the guts to straight up tell kai off, to leave naeun alone. idols who have live their life in a foreign caucasian country before usually are a lot more different from the native ones, example like tiffany, jessica, krystal. or maybe, it's the fact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter