Encounter Two

Her Boyish Encounters

DARA

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong is slowly getting into my nerves. If I snap and punch him into pulp, it would not be my fault as I’ve been very patient with him ever since he found out that. . . oh damn, the memory makes me sick! I always have this weird urge to puke my guts out everytime I remember how his hands landed on my chest and squeeze my. . . ugh!

 

If only I had enough money, I would have gone to surgery to remove all the evidences of what my gender is. I wasn’t actually even sure if he’s really aware that I existed ever since I transferred here. But from that day when he. . . when I saw him with Suzy, he’s been acting like an idiot. He’s been making moves on me, sweet talking to me, delivering cheesy lines and all. Huh! As if those would work! I’ve told him as well for I don’t know how many times about my preference but he won’t just stop although at some point, he started taunting me saying that it’s illegal to register my identity under a boy. Well, on my birth registry, I’m registered as a girl. The school’s principal and the teachers knew my real gender as well, of course but my mother Hanri and her girlfriend Minyu talked to them about me. I’m not really sure how they’ve convinced them of letting me wear a boy’s school uniform and for acting around me as if I’m a boy. I’ve tried asking them several times about it but they won’t budge.

 

I sighed at the memory of my mother and Minyu. They have such a nice relationship that I can’t help but envy them. They’ve been friends ever since grade school and they started falling for each other when they entered college. When did I get into the equation? Mom said she and Minyu had a fight as my mother’s parents and Minyu’s parents were against their relationship and it affected them. Hanri - being the good daughter that she was, tried to be involved with a guy whom they called the anonymous guy. They went out on a few dates and one of those dates was at a birthday celebration of one of the anonymous guy’s friend at a club. Well, common scene: they both got drunk and they ended up the following day in bed, together.

 

When the guy learned that my mother was pregnant, he left her. Not just that, my grandparents disowned her. Who came to the rescue? Minyu, of course.

 

I actually envy them. I would want to have a relationship like them. I mean, I haven’t seen them in a huge fight. They bicker, yes, but it’s usually about me. Mom’s a bit strict when it comes to me while Minyu is the cool one. Sometimes, I could sense Mom being jealous everytime I prefer Minyu over her or when Minyu chooses me over her.

 

They’re not the perfect parents a teenage like me could have but they’re the best for me. It would be nice to have someone like Minyu or my Mom, someone who’s open-minded for someone like me. Although, everyone here knows me as a guy, I don’t really think I’ll be able to keep up the cover that long, especially with Kwon Jiyong knowing my secret, out of all people.

 

I informed my mom and Minyu about Jiyong because I did panic after what happened that day. I begged them to pack our things and move out but they said to wait and see of what he’ll do. I’ve been on edge for weeks everytime I see him. But it seemed that he didn’t inform anyone. What he did was more nerve-wracking, though. I’d rather have him tell everyone I’m a lesbian, which would probably have some eggs and tomatoes thrown at me once that’s revealed. I mean, our society isn’t that open-minded to people like me just yet. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder of how unfair the world is. I mean, would the people rather have straight girls but drug pushers or something along the line or someone like me who hasn’t even thought of doing any vices?

 

My thoughts then went back to Suzy. I heaved a sigh. I’ve been courting her for a while but she’s just so. . . unreachable. I have this weird feeling that she’s not that open-minded to someone like me but I just thought that maybe when I made her love me, she’ll then learn to accept me.

 

I shook my head. It’s not the best idea I’ve had, of course. Keeping a secret from someone you like is not a good start.

 

“Yo, D!”

 

I looked up. “Himchan!” I nodded, and did our signature handshake. “How did you get here?

 

He grinned. “Climbed over the gates,” he answered. “Shouldn’t have done so, the guard was snoring his heart out.”

 

I laughed, the quality of it was in low timbre that it scraped my throat. “What’s spanking?”

 

His grin got wider. “Yongguk just received another challenge a while ago.”

 

My eyes rounded. “Really? From whom?”

 

“You won’t believe it!”

 

“Cut the suspense, dude!” I said, faux punching his arm.

 

“The boys from North Hill High, Block Boys.”

 

“You’re jokin’!” she gasped.

 

“I ain’t jokin’, dude.”

 

“B-but that’s big league, dude.”

 

“Doubting your crew?”

 

She grinned. “Not one bit, of course! But c’mon! Zico and his crew are like the stateside champions!”

 

“Exactly!” Himchan answered. “And we, are planning to put them on their right places but we’ll be needing you on our team.”

 

“It’s on!” I answered at once.

 

“That’s more like it!” he laughed.

 

“When is it?”

 

“Sunday afternoon but we’ll need to practice everyday after class.”

 

“It’s definitely on!”

 

“Cool!” he grinned. “I’ll be inventing and remixing tricks to see if any will look good.”

 

I nodded. “I’ll do the same.”

 

“See you later, then!”

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

“Ooooh, someone got a date later.”

 

“Leave me alone, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“You should be a bit kinder to me if I were you,” he said, keeping up to me. “Or else, I might just have a slip of a tongue.”

 

I smirked. “Now look who’s being a girl now? What part in I-am-a-lesbian confession did you not understand?”

 

“All of it,” he answered.

 

“Why am I not surprised?”

 

He shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe you’ve been checking me out from afar silently.”

 

“Do you even hear what you’re saying?” I huffed. “That is just disgusting!”

 

“Are you aware of how cute you are when you’re annoyed? Your expression is just too adorable that I have this urge to pinch your cheeks right now,” he said, biting his lower lip down as a smile threatened to curve his lips.

 

“Don’t you dare!” I warned him, my eyes almost popping out of its sockets. I can feel goose bumps all over my body with just the thought of him doing it.

 

My eyes even went wider when I saw his arms starting to lift up.

 

“Uhm. . . D. . .” a small voice then quivered. My head turned to the side the same time I saw Jiyong do the same. A girl with pigtails greeted me. The moment we made eye contact, she immediately blushed and looked down. She looked so small that I can tell she’s just first year.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I. . . I-I’ve got something for y-you. . .” she said, stuttering. “I. . . baked it myself,” she added and held her hand up holding a paper bag.

 

“I hate to burst your bubble, little one but D here likes Suzy so I’ll just take your –”

 

“Don’t be rude!” I snapped at him and took the paper bag from the girl. “Thank you.”

 

“I hope you like it. . .”

 

“I definitely will,” Jiyong answered. The girl looked up at Jiyong, glared at him then ran away.

 

I faced Jiyong and pushed him away. “What’s your problem? Don’t you have an ounce of respect to girls?”

 

“Look, I’m just trying to help here.”

 

“Huh!” I breathed. “In what way? by hurting and insulting that little girl?”

 

“Didn’t it even occur to you that she’ll be more hurt with you accepting her gift?”

 

“You’re out of your mind. . .”

 

“You obviously don’t know how to handle girls,” he grimaced. “You, accepting that,” he said, pointing to the bag, “would give that girl false expectation. Girls read actions differently sometimes. She would think that you somehow find her pretty or that you consider being with her the moment you’ve accepted that thing. Now tell me, who’s being meaner here? Me, being straightforward or you, who’s giving false expectations?”

 

I frowned. “That doesn’t give you the excuse to be rude.”

 

“What’s with the frown?” he asked. “Slowly realizing I’m right?”

 

I grimaced. “You obviously had a lot of experience with girls.”

 

He beamed and winked at me. “Absolutely.”

 

“An evidence that you’ve made a lot of girls cry as you jump from one girl to another. Just leave Suzy alone, though. Stay with Sunye. You two fits.”

 

“Am I hearing jealousy?”

 

“Of course I am jealous!” I snapped. “Suzy’s still after you, isn’t she?”

 

He remained silent for a moment. “Speaking of Sunye, what’s with the smirk a while ago?”

 

“Oh, that. . .” I grimaced. “I don’t know. . . I guess I’m just in a way, relieved to see that you obviously don’t have any feelings for Suzy anymore. If you were to compete with me against her, I know I won’t stand a chance.”

 

He stared at me for a moment then burst out laughing. What’s so funny with what I said?

 

“I won’t really waste time with Suzy if I were you,” he said. “She, unlike you is openly straight and pretty much still into me, anyways. Besides, you’ll end up being my girlfriend pretty soon.”

 

I sighed. “Jiyong, I don’t know if I just have to reitarate it again and again. I’m not into boys. I’m attracted to girls.”

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

“And you know me better than I do?” I snorted. He’s so stupid.

 

“I’m a guy,” he said. “I know a princess lies underneath that I-am-into-girls façade of yours. I can sense it. Besides, you’re probably the only girl left in this school who hasn’t dated me yet, so. . .” he shrugged nonchalantly.

 

I pinched the bridge of her nose. I’m seriously getting tired of this. “What would it take for you to believe me that I’m never gonna change and for you leave me alone?”

 

“Hmm,” he murmured, tapping a finger on his chin. He then looked into her eyes and slowly smirked. “Nothing,” he eventually said. “Actually, I think I’m going to start making you realize that you’re not really into girls right now.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked, not really liking the tone of his voice.

 

“Well. . .” he dangerously said with that playful smirk still on his face. Smooch.

 

It was wet. Soft. And unnerving.

 

Next thing I know, we were at the school head office waiting for our parents to come with Jiyong bruised all over and with me unscathed.

 

 

 

 

----------------

Slow progress of the story.. aigoo.. OTL

 

Hi guys!!! Did you miss me? Waaah, I missed you all!! I missed writing too! OMG!! Huhuhu. Okay, first things first, I’m sorry if I haven’t updated for a very long time. My laptop broke down so I can’t do updates. It broke down 3 times already so I don’t think it’s still wise to get it fixed again – so we’ll have to replace it. I haven’t bought a new one yet but I managed to make an update! Waaah, please don’t ask me how, it’s a long story. Also, I received some messages asking me if I’m abandoning my fics because of all these issues about OTP since it seemed like I was informed some authors abandoned their daragon fics. My answer is NO, I’M NOT ABANDONING MY FICS. I actually have a few pending daragon fics waiting to be posted.. hehehe.. But please be patient with me for the meantime, okay?