Encounter One

Her Boyish Encounters

JIYONG

 

 

 

I find going to school boring.

 

I find sitting in a class and listening to someone drone on and on boring.

 

I find studying boring as well.

 

Well, I find my life in general boring

 

But it changed that day, that day when I found out that the person sitting a few chairs in front of me at the far left end of the room wearing a boy’s school uniform is actually a girl.

 

It’s been a full month since I found out.  I wasn’t able to sleep that night. When I did fall asleep, it was with a smile on my face. From that day, our relationship has changed. Before, it’s as if we don’t know each other; that we’re not in the same class but I started talking to her, having an excuse to do so. It was then that I realized I’ve been meaning and wanting to talk to her but I found it odd before as she was a boy at that time.

 

I smiled to myself. It must be my play boy radar that detected something was fishy about “D”. I leaned back against my chair and watched her taking down notes. I tried talking to her first, normally – I asked her why she was wearing a school uniform for boys but she snapped at me saying she’s a boy so it’s normal for her to wear the boy’s school uniform.

 

I haven’t told anyone about it. I don’t want everyone to know about her yet.  It’s selfish of me but I don’t want others to know her secret. She started avoiding me at first and I found myself annoyed about it so I decided using a different tactic. It would be the ultimate test for my charm if I’ll be able to convert her to a girl. It would satisfy my ego, for sure.

 

Sandara Park, I thought. Sandara. . . it’s a beautiful name. It reminds me of sunshine, flowers, butterflies, rainbow. . . I would really want to know why she’s posing as a boy and I would really want to see how I’ll be able to go through to her. It can be something to brag on, that’s for sure.

 

With her short hair, I was able to get a glimpse of her smooth, pearly nape. I wonder how it would feel like to imprison her nape to keep her face in place as I kiss her. Hmm, would her hair’s texture be more of a boy or girl? I bet it would be more of a girl’s – smooth, silky, flowery and soft. I would want to run my hand through that hair. What would she look like with long hair?

 

She suddenly stiffened. I saw her head turned to the side, her eyes cutely narrowed as she looked around suspiciously around the room. I chuckled, finding her expression adorable. She must have sensed someone watching her, or maybe the aura of my thoughts reached her?

 

Look here and you’ll see, I thought. I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned further on my chair, waiting for her head and eyes to go to my direction. Then, our eyes met. Her cutely narrowed eyes blinked at me. I bit my lower lip and winked at her. Her face then changed into a disgusted expression as a huge shudder shook her body. She then gave me a glare before turning her attention back to the board.

 

I straightened up a little and laughed lightly. I looked around the room. The other students were busy copying the information written on the board. I was probably the only one not taking down notes and I can sense Mister Shim’s glare on me but he was overused to it already. I don’t take down notes, I find it a waste of time.  My friends actually see it a miracle of me having passing grades. I’m not the best in class but I don’t fail as well. Well, let’s just say instead of pulling efforts to get a high grade, I am exerting efforts pulling them down.

 

My eyes went back to Sandara Park. Now that I think of it, I find her name very. . . feminine. I wonder if the others have thought about it or noticed it as well. It was hard to understand as well but now that I know she’s a girl, the more I’m aware of her feminine features – like for example her face, her eyes, her skin, her body built, her expressions. . . I felt warmth crawled to my cheeks as I remembered the feel of her soft and cuddly s in my hands. They’re small yes so it’s not really noticeable especially when she’s wearing loose clothing. Mind you, she loves wearing loose clothing.

 

But damn, they were just so soft and real. And not just that, they fit my hands just fine.

 

When the school bell rang, everyone sighed in relief. The room was then filled with talking and laughing voices, footsteps, and sounds of chairs being pushed and pulled back. I stayed in my chair, still watching Sandara Park. She was still copying what was written on the board. A smile curved my lips as I stood up and took my bag. I slowly walked to her direction, lowered my head a little until my chin almost touches her head. “Hmmm,” I murmured. She stiffened and suddenly straightened up, bumping her head on my chin.

 

“Aww!” she moaned. The sound of the chair being knocked down echoed through the room. It was then that I realized that we’re the only ones left. “Are you trying to pick a fight with me?” she asked, facing me squarely.

 

“Come on sweetheart,” I said. “You don’t have to act like a tough guy in front of me. I know very well what you are,” I finished, my eyes going to her chest then back to her face. She paled with my words and I can’t help but more by leaning in closer, our faces only a few inches apart.

 

She suddenly pushed me away, hard. “My patience has its limits,” she said. “Don’t push your luck too far.”

 

“Or what?” I asked. “Are you going to punch me, hmm?”

 

“I might do even worse than that!”

 

I laughed. “Well, I can do worse than what I did the last time you punched me.”

 

Oh yes, I can do worse than squeezing her small s like that. A satisfied feeling spread through my system upon seeing a light color tainting her cheeks. Damn, she looked adorable blushing like that!

 

“You know, blushing is a very feminine trait,” I said, breaking the silence.

 

“Boys blush too,” she said then went back to her chair. She started taking notes again. I took a chair and placed it beside her table. I placed my arms on the table and rested my chin on it, my eyes on her.

 

“With the way you blushed, it makes me think that you haven’t had any relationship yet.”

 

She glared at me. “Unlike you, I respect girls, women in general. I don’t tease them, flirt with them, hit on them or shag them then dump them when I get tired.”

 

“Whoa, whoa! Hold your horses! Have you been dumped by a guy before so you’ve decided to just be –?”

 

“I see no reason why I have to explain myself to you.”

 

“Well, that would explain why you’re acting like this. You act like you’re a tough guy, dresses like a guy, pretends to be one because you got broken hearted before, must be your first love. Let me tell you this baby, I –”

 

“Don’t call me that!” she snapped. “And Suzy’s my first love but she dumped me because of –!” she stopped, realizing she said too much already.

                                               

“Oh, so you were never in a relationship before. . .” I said, grinning. “Don’t worry sweetheart, you will be, pretty soon.”

 

She rolled her eyes but did not comment.

 

“Eye rolling is a very girlish thing to do,” I commented.

 

“Guys roll their eyes as well,” she said. “And having girlish or feminine habits does not change my preference.”

 

A knowing smile curved my lips. “Too bad,” I said. “Everything you believe in will start to change.”

 

She snorted. “And what? You’re gonna change my preference? Well, good luck with that!”

 

“You can bet on that,” I said. “Just wait and see. Sooner or later, you’re going to start dressing as a girl and wanting to always look pretty for me – not that I’m saying you’re not pretty. You’re really. . .” I trailed but didn’t finish the sentence as I shook my head and chuckled.

 

I’m going crazy, I think.

 

“What do you want anyways?” she asked. “Can’t you just leave?”

 

“I’m waiting for you to finish taking notes.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“So I can borrow.”

 

“Why don’t you just copy everything from the board yourself?”

 

“I prefer your notes.”

 

“As if you take notes,” she said, rolling her eyes again. “And what difference would it make copying what I’ve written than what’s on the board?”

 

“Well, I find it a gruesome task, yes. But I can always ask someone to copy it for me.”

 

She stopped writing and glared at him. “Let me guess, you’re going to ask one of the love struck fools to copy everything in my notebook to yours in exchange of your flirtatious smile?”

 

“You guessed it right, sweetheart!”

 

Her glare was just so adorably murderous that I can’t help but wiggle my brows at her. I saw her fists knotted tightly and I just have this weird feeling that she wanted to punch me. “Well, I’m not going to lend it to you so screw off!”

 

“I don’t want to,” I told her. “I enjoy watching you.”

 

“Why do you even waste time making dumb excuses like borrowing notes when we both know you can’t be bothered in writing or even reading notes?!”

 

“Oh, so we both know, huh? You do feel the connection as well, don’t you?” I chuckled. “But to answer your question, it’s the only excuse I could think of so I can talk to you.”

 

She stopped writing again and the softest brown eyes met mine. Oh damn, don’t look at me like that! She stared at me for a few seconds before a soft laughter ensued from her. “Oh, I know where this is going,” she said.

 

“You do?”

 

“Yep,” she said, resuming writing. “I’m telling you Jiyong, you’re just wasting your time. Those words might have worked on girls but I’m NOT a girl. I must admit though that you’ve got the smooth moves and talks and right charm to fool girls but they would not work on me. I may have the body of. . . of a girl but my preference is the same with yours. Let’s just say that I’m a boy trapped in a girl’s body. And you always try to move on me even without any of your pathetic excuses. I know you’re only doing this because it would be a trophy to your ego if I would give in because apparently, I’m the only person with the girl’s body here that you haven’t shagged up.”

 

I didn’t say anything at first. I stood up and sighed. “That. . . was quite harsh and judgmental. Haven’t you thought that maybe the reason why I’ve been jumping from one girl to another is because I’ve been looking for the right one? People always think the worst of other people, don’t they? I thought you’re different but it’s obviously a mistake. Never mind, I won’t borrow your notebook.”

 

 I stood up and started heading towards the door when I heard her voice. “I’m sorry,” she said. “You’re right, it was pretty harsh.”

 

I smiled. Darn, guilt trip always worked on good girls. I liked how she talks normally when it’s the only the two of us. In front of everyone, she usually uses this husky type of voice making it a bit boyish but the tone she uses when I’m teasing her is her female voice and darn, it’s cute!

 

I fixed my face back to a blank expression before turning back to her. I stalked slowly back to her, keeping eye contact. She wasn’t able to last the staring battle so she bowed her head down and cleared . I stepped in front of her table and placed my palms on it. I leaned my head down so we’re face to face. “Look at me,” I whispered, using my husky voice which usually makes girls flush and all warm up inside. If she looks up with those soft brown eyes, I’m going to kiss her. She slowly looked up and what I saw made me straightened up. Her eyes, the softest brown eyes I’ve ever seen were looking at me in a mixture of guilt and mistrust. I would understand the guilt as she did said some harsh words but the mistrust in her eyes caused uneasiness inside of me

 

The uneasiness was quite disturbing. It’s as if I wanted her to trust me. I held my breath and exhaled slowly. She blinked. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

It’s as if I was suddenly brought back to my senses. A slow smirk curved my lips as I placed my palms on the table again. “Would that mean that you’ll reconsider?”

 

She grimaced. “No,” she firmly said, shaking her head. “But I really am sorry for saying those words,” she finished, bowing a little. The act made her slightly long bangs keep her eyes from my view. “And just to set things straight, since me saying that I’m a guy isn’t working on you, then eventhough I don’t want to say it out loud, Jiyong, I’M A LESBIAN, if that’s what you wanted to hear. So stop pestering me or else I’ll think you’re gay.”

 

I reached out and moved some strands out from her eyes. “I prefer seeing your eyes. They’re so soft, just like you,” I said, caressing her cheek with the back of my hand. “I can’t resist them so you’re forgiven. And we both know I’m not gay, sweetheart. But we’re not too sure about you, are we, hmm?”

 

She didn’t answer as she just glared at me.

 

I straightened up with a chuckle. “I’ll go ahead,” I said and headed towards the door. When I was at the door, I stopped and looked back at her. She flamed red and looked down. “Oh, one more thing,” I said.

 

“What?” she asked. She was now wearing that boyish expression again.

 

“Please refrain from staring at me with those soft brown eyes for too long.”

 

She frowned, looking confused. “What?”

 

“I said refrain from staring at me with those brown eyes of yours for too long,” I repeated. “Me, being captivated by your eyes might cause problems to the both of us.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

I just smirked and walked away. Yes, it’s true. As I listened to my own footsteps, my thoughts wandered back to what I said to her. I may be a smooth liar and sweet talker but telling her that having me captured by her eyes causing a problem is quite true because I might not be able to look away from those brown orbs ever again. Being a selfish person that I am, if that would happen, I would want those brown orbs only on me.

 

 A frown marred my forehead at the thought.

 

But then, it was replaced with a grin when I saw Sunye bent down to fix her shoelaces. Her skirt skidded up and I was able to get a glimpse of what was under it. I bit my lower lip as I headed towards her bent form. Without any warning, I reached for her behind and gave it a light slap. She squeaked and straightened up. She whirled around, looking murderous but it was replaced with a delighted smile upon seeing me.

 

“Jiyong!” she greeted enthusiastically and threw herself in my arms. “You naughty boy,” she chuckled to my ear.

 

“That’s not even half of how naughty I can be,” I whispered back, making her giggle.

 

She unwrapped her arms off of me and took a step back. “I kind of forgot how naughty you can be as you rarely visit me. . . in my room at night lately. . .”

 

“Sorry, I got a bit busy,” I said. “But, I can spare some time later, if you want?”

 

She winked at me. “Same time?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“It’s a date then,” she said and leaned in to my ear the same time I saw Sandara walked past by us from my peripheral vision. “I can’t wait. . .” Sunye whispered.

 

“Me too,” I said, my eyes on Sandara. She looked back and I saw a triumphant smile on her face.

 

What’s that for?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=o=o=

A/N:

 

OMFG!! THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME TO THIS STORY GUYS!! WAAAH.. 300SUBBIES! THANK YOU!!

 

Hehe, kind of a slow start but it's better to take things slow when establishing a character, keukeukeu..

 

Also, this story is for entertainment purposes only. No offense intended.