Encounter Thirteen

Her Boyish Encounters

JIYONG

I wanted to laugh at the look on her face but I held it in. No, I actually wanted to squeeze her cheek. She's too damn adorable. Why did she have to be so damn adorable? Unable to stop myself, I did just that. "You're so cute!"

"Let go," she whined, slapping my hands away and gave me, I believe what's supposed to be her deadliest glare. But she didn't look scary. She looked damn adorable. How many times have I thought of her and the word adorable together already? Damn, I must really be out of my mind.

"So," I started with a clap. "Where are we going?"

"We?" Dara repeated.

"Yep," I answered, making sure to pop the p. "We."

"Well. . . I. . ."

"Yes?" I urged her.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed but Suzy and I are actually, you know. . ."

"What?" I innocently asked.

She leaned over to whisper in my ear. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"You smell good babe," I whispered back.

She jerked back as if I've pushed her. She gave me another glare and I could only grin back at her. "Can't you just leave?" she whispered.

I pouted and gave her a sad face. "I don't want to spend my free time alone," I whined loudly.

"I have a lot of free time," Suzy said, stepping close to me and placing a hand on my arm. I subtly took a step away from her touch and grabbed the hem of Dara's shirt and pouted even more.

She sighed and I could almost taste my victory. "If it's fine with Suzy," she finally said.

"It's settled then!" I declared with a grin. "Let's not waste anymore time," I said as I placed my arm around her and started pulling her with me.

"Wait. . ." she said. "Suzy."

"I'm sure she can keep up."

She elbowed me in the stomach and took my arm off of her. I sighed before turning around to watch her go back to Suzy who didn't move an inch from where we left her. The latter had her eyes on me. She gave me a knowing look with her signature smirk. I could only raise my brows at her.

I watched Dara approached Suzy with hesitancy. I could just tell from the look on her face that she was apologizing, probably for agreeing to let me join them and for leaving the other girl behind.

I watched Dara's face turn red as Suzy  slipped her hand through her arm and gave her a very bright smile. I watched as she stared at Suzy with wonder in her eyes. I snorted and shook my head when I noticed Suzy still looking at me with a smirk as she dragged Dara along.

 

I grimaced as we entered another store. I expected this to happen. I mean, I did date Suzy before so I wasn't really surprise when she started dragging us to different stores. This was supposed to be a Dara-Suzy day but it's turning out to be Suzy-with-her-servants day. I'm quite impressed with how patient Dara's been so far, well, more than patient actually. I haven't heard her complain one bit when Suzy started making her carry all her shopping bags. Her smile never faltered when Suzy went to try and flaunt the clothes which caught her attention.

With a sigh, I approached Dara who was waiting for Suzy who once again trying out clothes. "Tired?" I asked, leaning closely to her ear.

She jumped a little and gave me a glare. "Will you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" I asked with a smile.

If looks could kill, I would have dropped dead already. "Don't play innocent with me," she hissed.

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

More daggers thrown at my way from her eyes as she fully faced me. "That thing that you're doing - whispering closely to my ear. Blowing air into my ear."

"Ah, that."

"Yes, that!"

"Should I do this then?" I asked and without waiting for an answer, I leaned down and bit her earlobe. She stumbled back and quickly looked around. I did the same and was somewhat relieved no one's paying attention to us. I brought my eyes back to the girl. She was breathing hard and she was really red. If she didn't have both of her hands full with Suzy's shopping bags, I think she would've punched me already.

But then, she started kicking me. Let me rephrase that - she tried but I managed to dodge them. I can't help but laugh as she started chasing me, still trying to land a good kick on me.

"What are you two doing?" I heard Suzy asked loudly.

Dara stopped chasing me with her kicks. I grimaced as her attention went back to Suzy who just came out from the fitting room and had a brow raised at us with a hand on her waist.

"Nothing," Dara said as she started heading towards the other girl.

With a sigh, I went after Dara and took the shopping bags from one of her hands and dropped my free arm on her shoulders. "We're going to watch a movie as planned. If you want to keep on shopping, go ahead. Just send us a message when you're done and if you want to get all these shopping bags and go home."

"What?" she asked, flabbergasted.

"Let's go," I started dragging Dara with me but she resisted and tried pushing me away.

"Wait!" Suzy then called. "Let me just  change."

Dara elbowed me in the stomach the moment Suzy went back to the fitting room. "Aww!" I whined. "What was that for?"

"What do you think are you doing?" she asked, upset.

I rolled my eyes. "You're going to end up spending the entire day following her around stores, you won't be able to do the things you've planned -."

"That doesn't matter," she cut me off. "If going around trying and buying clothes make her happy, then I'm fine with that."

"Then you're not going to end up with anything. What's use of asking her out if you're just going to end up following her around and carrying her bags? Do you think you'll make progress with just that? Isn't going out on a date supposed to be about getting to know each other and for you to express your feelings for the other person? Do you think she'll get to know your personality and feelings with you just following her around?"

Okay, that wasn't supposed to be that long.

"She's probably not yet comfortable with me."

I snorted. "I think you're forgetting who you're talking to," I told her. "Suzy's ex-boyfriend, remember?" I reminded, pointing at myself. "Trust me when I say you won't get anywhere with just following her around."

She grimaced. "You didn't have to remind me."

"Aww," I grinned. "Are you changing lanes now? Are you jealous at the thought of me dating other girls?"

"Shut up."

I chuckled. "I'm all yours babe, just say the word."

She smiled then shook her head. "You're such a flirt."

"And you're so beautiful," I told her, intentionally making my voice huskier. "Makes me wanna kiss you too when you smile like that."

Her head turned sharply towards me. "What?"

I grinned. "Are you falling for me now?"

She sighed, looking relieved. "Yeah, right," she snorted.

"I'm done," Suzy's voice came in.

"Finally," I mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

Dara elbowed me again before approaching Suzy with a smile. I rolled my eyes as the other girl slipped her hand through Dara's arm and gave me yet another look. I turned away and led them out from the store. I walked up ahead of them, sighing. I think I already have an idea as to what's going on through her mind, making me wonder why on earth did I actually date her before.

Ah, it's because she was the prettiest in campus back then - was being the key point. I smiled to myself as my thoughts drifted to Sandara Park. Such a beautiful name, such a feminine name. Fits her face just right. It gives me the pleasure knowing I know her secret.

She came in just around the time I was starting to get bored at school. Now, I always have something to look forward to everyday. It's so fun teasing her. It's so fun messing up with her.

My smile faltered when I heard Suzy's forced giggle. I don't know why it pisses me off knowing Suzy's just messing up with Dara. Nobody else has the right to mess up with her. Only I get to do that.

"I'll go get the tickets," I heard Dara say when we reached the cinemas. Suzy got to decide which movie to watch.

"I'll go get the snacks," I announced.

"I'll go help Jiyong with the snacks," Suzy said.

"Since when were you helpful?" I asked the moment she caught up with me.

"Since when were you this jealous?" she returned.

I stopped in my tracks. "What?"

She had her arms across her chest. "Come on," she snorted. "Aren't you here right now because of me and Dee? Just admit it, Jiyong. You're jealous of him."

I stared at her for a long moment. I knew she wasn't being sincere to Dara but she actually thought I was jealous?

I laughed.

I can't help it. I shouldn't have laughed now that I've confirmed she only said yes to Dara to get a reaction from me. The girl seriously thought I want her back?

"What's so funny?" she snapped.

"You," I said, chuckling this time. "Ah, it's been a while since I had a good laugh. Thank you for that but listen," I went on, leaning closer and turning serious. "You and me, together again? Never gonna happen. Never."

I left her fuming and went to order popcorn and drinks. "What did you say to piss her off so bad like that?" Dara asked.

I looked at her. "Got the tickets already?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered. "But what did you tell her?"

I was just about to tell her what I said but I changed my mind upon seeing the worried look on her face. I should just tell her the truth and get this over with. But the thought of seeing her hurt made me change my mind. "I td her she looked fat in her dress."

Her eyes widened. "Why did you say that?" she groaned. "She doesn't look fat!"

"To each his own," I said, shrugging. "Here," I said, giving her Suzy's shopping bags, a plan formulating in my head. I need both hands for the popcorn and drinks."

"I can't believe you said that to her!" she scolded, taking the bags from me. "That was downright disrespectful! You should apologize!"

"Nope," I said. "Not gonna happen."

"Apologise!" she gritted.

"Maybe next time," I said. "Hurry up, the movie's about to start."

"Kwon Jiyong!" she called in a whisper but I ignored her.

I was about to sit in the middle when we entered the theater and found our seats when Dara kicked me in the shin. "What?" I turned to her, making sure I looked and sounded annoyed.

"You can't sit in the middle," she whispered. "You might say something to piss her off again. I'll sit in the middle."

"Fine," I said and pushed the popcorn bag to Suzy. "Hold this. You don't really want to reach out so far for a popcorn, do you? Dee already got his hands full with your bags so don't pass it on to him," I finished before she could protest.

I pushed Dara to sit in the middle and went to settle on her right while Suzy sat on her left. I passed their drinks to them and leaned back. I can't help but smile as my plan pulled through. This was exactly how I imagined things to turn out.

"It's about to start," I whispered to Dara's ear, purposely getting my face close to hers as I reached out for a popcorn.

She turned her head towards me and gave me a glare when I settled back in my seat. With a grin, I wink at her.

She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. I could just tell she was trying to pray for patience and it made me want to mess up with her more.

"Hmm," I grunted to her ear again as I reached out for another popcorn. To teaser her even further, I rubbed the tip of my nose to her temple before settling back to my chair.

All throughout the movie I did this - teasing her. The movie did not hold my interest. I had no idea what the movie was about. I even forgot the title.

Since I'm a person living in a hormone-filled body, I even went as far biting her neck.

But damn, she smells good.

And her skin's so damn smooth and soft.

I bent over when she suddenly landed a punch on my thigh. "I'll deal with you later," she hissed.

My smile grew wider, least bit threatened. I'm just starting and yet, I already getting through to her. This made me chuckle.

Sandara Park still has a long day ahead of her.