Chapter 9

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

[Author’s POV]

 

It was Jiyong’s birthday and Dara has been very busy preparing for his party tonight. He informed those who are close to them to join them at a simple celebration for Jiyong’s 24th birthday. Dara rented the whole 2nd floor of the R&B club for the party. She cleared all her schedule especially for today.

 

“Yes, guests will arrive 8pm onwards.” She said through a phone call. She just informed the staffs or the club about their plans for tonight.

 


 

“Hyung you’ve got to be kidding me!!” Jiyong shouted on the phone frustrated at what he just heard on from his brother Seunghyun.

 

“I’m sorry Ji, there’s nothing we can do.  I tried talking our way out from it but the old man insisted and said it is important.”

 

“Happy birthday bro.” Youngbae added and laughed finding the situation quite amusing.

 

The three brothers are talking over the phone and apparently much to Jiyong and Seunghyun’s dismay, their father asked them to celebrate Jiyong’s birthday with him and well with some business partners, some important clients and family friends. It will be a grand party which only the invited ones are allowed to attend. Press and media are strictly aren’t allowed and the party said to be very private.

 

“We can just ditch it hyung. We always do that.” Jiyong suggested.

 

“What a great idea Jiyong.” Youngbae butted in.

 

“Yah! Are you two out of your minds??! Do you even know who will attend to your party Jiyong?! We can’t just ditch it. We have to be responsible.” Seunghyun scolded his brother.

 

“Are we actually talking about my birthday party hyung? Coz I think what I’m foreseeing right now is a ing business meeting and some talking with those gold diggers.” Jiyong said with pure distaste at the idea.

 

“Not to mention flirting with those hideous looking ahjummas. Don’t even start at their make ups. I think I’m going to puke.” Youngbae faking a gawking sound over the phone.

 

“You know, I should be happy that our dad even planned for a birthday party for me. But this is just…. I don’t know. I think I’ll be happier with just a balloon and a slice of cake in front of me rather than trying to socialize with those sharks and business talk with them. So much for being a memorable 24th birthday.” He added

 

“It is memorable Ji.” Seunghyun said with a laugh.

 

“Haha funny hyung. Yeah memorable for being the most unwanted birthday party ever.” Jiyong said with sarcasm overflowing.

 

“Anyway, I gotta go guys. I need to finish something up so I can attend our brother’s birthday party. See yah!” Youngbae then dropped the call.

 

“Yeah me too Ji. I’m sorry you can’t go to the party that Dara planned for you. You should contact her and tell her to cancel it as early as possible.” Seunghyun said.

 

“Yeah hyung.. I think I should contact her.. But don’t you think we can sneak later? The supposedly party will start at 6pm right? And Dara’s plan for my birthday will start at 8pm. Maybe we can just go there when everyone is busy.” Jiyong suggested and smiled proudly at his idea.

 

“That can be. I hope we can later. We’ll just call them if we really can’t go then.”

 

“Good idea. We better go there hyung. I don’t want to waste Dara’s effort. She’ll be mad at me for sure. And if ever I’ll tell her I couldn’t come, she’ll be asking for an explanation and I don’t know what will I tell her. I can’t just tell her I had a private birthday party!!”

 

Jiyong is now really frustrated. How can his father do this to him? Out of all the occasion it just have to be his birthday!

 

“Good luck Ji. I’ll see you later. Happy birthday again.”

 

“Thanks hyung. Yeah I guess I’ll see you later.”

 

With that the two ended their phone call. This will be one hell of a birthday party. I hope everything will go as planned. I need to be at the club later. I must no matter what. He thought to himself.

 


 

“ this! Why won’t you answer Dara?! Even Bom won’t answer my call. Actually no one is answering my phone calls.”

 

It’s almost 8pm and Jiyong is trying to contact Dara or Bom and those he think will go to his party at the club but no one is answering his phone calls. Must be one of Dara’s way of surprising him. I’m in deep later. He thought.

 

“Still no answer?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Jiyong just shook his head now frustrated.

 

“I also tried calling them hyung but they won’t also answer my call.” Seungri said.

 

Well since SeungRi is a family friend and really knows who Jiyong is, he is invited to his so called party alongside with Nana – his secretary and friend.

 

“They wouldn’t answer mine too. I guess they assumed that the three of us are together then.” Nana said in conclusion of what’s happening.

 

“We really can’t leave now that she’s here.” Seunghyun said.

 

“I know hyung. I know.” Jiyong said feeling dejected.

 

“Yow my brothers! What’s with the long face? Not enjoying your party?” Youngbae asked joining the circle of the disappointed and uninterested to the party group.

 

“You know if you’re planning to get away? Now is not the right time. She’s here.” He added.

 

“Oh for goodness sake! How many times do you guys have to remind me that she’s here?!! I know alright! Of all times she have to comeback it just has to be now. Great!” Jiyong said annoyingly.

 

“I assumed you are talking about me?” A girl with blonde hair wearing a white dress that hugged her body perfectly, walking with poise and oozing with a classy yet rebellious look is walking her way to the group. She heard Jiyong’s rant and she smirked at him as he saw him looking at her.

 

“Yes, you and your unfortunate timing of coming home.” Jiyong retorted which the latter just rolled her eyes.

 

“Don’t you miss me?” She said in an almost mocking tone.

 

“Miss my .”

 

“Oh I surely do miss your .” She said then smirked again.

 

“Shut up Chaerin. I’m in no mood for your antics.” Jiyong said glaring at her.

 

“Wow. You’ve really grown to be a businessman. Those no fun and boring guys. Ji, you’re still young. And by the way, it’s CL already. I don’t use my old name. It irks me.” She said.

 

“CL huh? You just came home from France and you branded yourself a new name? Chaerin? It irks you huh? Well that’s good. I’ll call you Chaerin then.” Jiyong said smirking at her.

 

“You’re so un-ing-believable.” Now it’s her turn to glare at him.

 

“You and your mouth too… Tsskkkk”

 

“Omo! Is that how you treat your girlfriend who just came back home after 3 years?!”

 

“Girlfriend my . And who told you to come back? You can go back to France now. I’ll be happy to send you with one of our private plane.”

 

“Whether you like it or not Jiyong. I am your girlfriend and you are my boyfriend. You’re supposed to love me.” She told him as if it’s the simplest thing to do.

 

He snorted at this. “Make me.” He said.

 

“I’m up for any challenge Kwon. And you of all people know that. You’ll love me.” She said ready to take the challenge of Jiyong.

 

It is no secret to their circle of friends on how they ended up dating each other. That time, the business of YG Enterprise isn’t really doing well. And CL’s father offered to team up with them but in a condition that she and Jiyong should date and get married in the future. At first she is so against it. But after some few dates, she started to like Jiyong’s edgy attitude. He was never a gentleman to her, and he always make sure to let her know that he doesn’t like the idea. But despite of those, he always shows up in their make believe dates and this gave her hope that someday Jiyong will eventually like her.

 

Thing are almost in their right places. Her and Jiyong started to hang out for real. Jiyong started to open up to her and started to act as her friend. When things are starting to build up between them, CL has to leave for France to pursue her dreams and career. Jiyong doesn’t opposed to this and supported her but she can see that he’s also sad about it.

 

The first few months was okay, she can still contact him and talk to him but as months and years passed, he grew distant and she have no idea why. He won’t send her emails nor texts anymore. And now that she received an invitation from his father to attend his 24th birthday, she decided it’s time to go home and check on what happened.

 

Maybe he got himself a real girlfriend. She thought.

 

I’ll eventually find out Jiyong. Now that I’m back for good.

 

“You looked stupid smiling cat.” Seungri said to her.

 

“Well you rat! Go away.” She glared at the boy who’s smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Be my guest.” He said then laughed.

 

“Urgh!!! Jeez I think I’m having second thoughts of staying here.” She said and walked away from the group.

 

“I think you’ll be my very best friend for now Seungri.” Jiyong said patting the younger man’s head.

 

“Trust me hyung. She can’t even stand my presence.”

 

And with that, the whole group laughed finding the situation now a little bit interesting.

 


 

Meanwhile at the other party….

 

“Dara where’s Jiyong?!!! It’s been what? 2 hours already since the party start!” She said looking at her wrist watch.

 

They planned on not answering Jiyong’s call and some friends they knew will be with him to be able to surprise him more. But unfortunately it seems like a bad idea since they don’t know where Jiyong and the others are. They are trying to contact them each but no one is answering their phone.

 

“If this is their way of getting back for us not answering their calls earlier, I swear I’ll fire their asses when we saw each other tomorrow!” Bom hissed in anger.

 

“Don’t you think something happened to them?” Dara said worriedly.

 

“Don’t think like that. Something might happen to them if they won’t show up here. How can you have a birthday celebration without the birthday celebrant?! I didn’t know 21st century birthdays works like this.”

 

With that, the latter girl stood up from the lounge and just went to enjoy the so-called party for their best friend.

 

Jiyong, what happened to you? Dara thought and she’s really starting to get worried.

 

“Dara are you okay? Where’s Jiyong and the others?” Donghae asked her, he spotted her seeing worriedly at the lounge and decided to go to accompany her.

 

“I don’t know, no one’s picking up their phones.” Dara said.

 

“It’s okay, lets just enjoy this night. Something might came up. I’m sure they have a good reason.”

 

Just as Donghae is patting Dara’s back someone came running towards them.

 

“Noona!!!”

 

“Seungri!! Where’s Jiyong?!”

 

Both said in unison. The guy looked really exhausted for he his literally running all the way up to the second floor from the parking area.

 

“Hyung….” He started catching his breath.

 

“Is something happened to Jiyong?! Where is he?!!!” Dara started panicking when he saw Seungri arrived like a mad man running for his life.

 

“No! No.. nothing happened noona, so calm down.” Seungri said after evening this breath and went to look straight at his noona.

 

“How can I calm down? Jiyong is not here yet! It’s his party!” Dara complained.

 

“Jiyong hyung couldn’t make it out tonight.”

 

 

 


 

Annyeong!!

So how's the update?

Sorry if it took me a week to update...

Another lame update.... Wahhhh really sorry..

Well another character came in..

Actually you all know she'll be in this story right? Hahaha

Will you hate her? Love her?

Look forward to it ^__^

-- unknownkwon

 

PS. I have a new story in the making ^_^ hope you'll support it too..

 

click click >>> My Make-Believe Husband <<< click click