Chapter 6

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

 

[Author's POV]

 

The lunch or as per Bom said lunch date between Dara and Donghae surprisingly went decent. Well of course with Dara occasionally throwing glares at Donghae who manages to minute after minute. And this lunch out is going on for a while now.

 

“I think you’re getting too comfortable with me now Donghae-ssi.” Dara eyed the guy sitting across her.

 

“Oh~ So I’m Donghae-ssi again? I thought we agreed on dropping the formalities?” The guy said as he stopped eating and looked at the girl with an amused smile.

 

Dara tend to call him in a formal way whenever he did something unpleasant. And he knew by this moment his teasing got on her nerves. He thinks Dara is so cute for her age. She acts childish and carefree but she is very responsible. He can see how hard working she is for she stays late more than anyone else.

 

“Stop smiling! Its creeping me out.” She complained with a glare.

 

“Okay! What did I do this time?” He asked stopping the smile that is making its way to his lips.

 

He just find Dara so cute when she glared at him. The more reason to piss her off.

 

The girl just sighed and shook her head. It is useless to complain about Donghae and his teasing skills. She is almost used to it.

 

“Ooooooooooh~ look who we have here! So this is where you took our lovely boss huh Donghae hyung?”

 

The two both looked up and saw Seungri standing just behind Dara.

 

“Yah! Seungri-ah why you’d ran off? Are you that—“ The guy didn’t get to continue what he was saying as he saw where Seungri is standing.

 

“Oh! Jiyongie~~ You’re here to eat too?” Dara asked as soon as Jiyong approached where they are.

 

Not soon enough Bom arrived with Minzy and Nana.

 

“Yah!! Tokki! How could you do dating and work at the same time! No fair~~~~” Bom complained earning some attentions from the other customers.

 

Dara can’t believe what her best friend just did. She know Bom can be so loud but not to this extent. She glared at her best friend for her ridiculous thoughts.

 

Dara have a fair share of dating experiences but things just wouldn’t work out. It’s either guys will just ask him out for a dinner and when they got to know her better that’s it. No follow up dates, no text nor call after. So with that, she rested the idea of dating.

 

“I think we’re disturbing their lunch. Lets go find another place to eat.” Jiyong suggested.

 

“But hyung!!! The food here tastes great! I swear! And you told me I get to pick what restaurant we can eat at!!” Seungri complained much to Jiyong’s annoyance.

 

“You don’t have to leave. Come eat with us! The more the merrier!!” Dara said smiling at her friends.

 

Donghae seems disappointed and this doesn’t escape the eyes of Jiyong.

 

Does he like her? Jiyong thought to himself.

 

The group came to the conclusion of joining Dara and Donghae for lunch. They asked the staffs to move them to a larger table so the others can sit in.

 

Jiyong can’t keep his eyes off from Dara and Donghae and how attentive the guy is towards his best friend. It doesn’t take a genius to know the guy likes Dara. It’s just that his best friend is more on the dense side. He shook his head for the thoughts he was having.

 

“Are you okay?” Nana asked him putting a hand on his arm.

 

Dara saw how caring Nana is towards Jiyong. Asking him what he likes and if he is okay. Dara bitterly smiled at the thought that Jiyong might really found the girl for him and she should do the same for herself. She’s not getting any younger now. Should she consider dating again?

 

“Dara, are you considering to date again?”

 

With that question she chocked what she was eating and coughing in process. Luckily Donghae is very attentive to give her water.

 

Once at ease, Dara glared at her best friend and noticed everyone is waiting for her answer.

 

“Well? We’re waiting.” Bom continued.

 

“I don’t know. I’m not getting any younger by the second.” She told them honestly.

 

“So you are considering to date again?” Her so-called best friend keeps on prying her. She knows where she is getting at. She keeps insisting her to date Donghae. The guy doesn’t even like her in the first place.

 

“Bommie.. Just drop it off. If there’s a decent guy who is willing to date a girl like me then I will be more pleased.” She replied with much sarcasm to dismiss the topic.

 

“What if there is?” Jiyong asked eyeing Donghae for a second and turned to Dara.

 

Will you be that guy? Dara thought to herself. She glared at her good for nothing best friend hoping he won’t see through her.

 

“Yeah Dara-ssi.. What if there is someone?” Nana joined in.

 

“Not you too Nana? I thought we’re friends now?” She complain not wanting the attention.

 

“Unnie, like you said you’re not getting any younger.. You’re pretty and no one in this room can deny that.” Minzy added

 

“I agree! Noona is indeed pretty. You just need to dress just like those hot models so you can get more attention.” Seungri suggested.

 

“Wow~ Did you just indirectly insulted me Seungi-ah?” Dara retorted.

 

All of them laughed with Seungri’s remark.

 

As everyone is busy chatting and catching up with their personal lives aside from work, Jiyong’s phone keeps on ringing. He tried to ignore it for he knows who exactly is calling him. He’s been trying to avoid that person for days.

 

“Jiyong aren’t you getting that? It’s kinda irritating now you know?” Bom said annoyed.

 

Thinking he is disturbing everyone, he excused himself to answer the call. He will eventually have to face him. He can’t actually just ran away from his fate now can he?

 

“What is it old man?” Jiyong answered the call making sure he is far from the earshot of his friends.

 

“Jiyong-ah.. What took you so long to answer my call?” The man on the other line asked.

 

“Get to the point. I don’t have the whole day.” Jiyong said irritated.

 

“Are you busy? Busy playing with your friends? You do know sooner or later you have to stop playing right?”

 

Jiyong’s patience is as thin as a hair whenever he talks to that person.

 

“You know what? Call me back when you decided to tell what you want.” He was supposed to hang up when the person suddenly speak.

 

“Your brothers are here. We are all waiting for you. Be here at 2.” The man said with full authority in his voice.

 

“Arraso. I’ll be there.” He said with a sigh finishing the call and went back to their table.

 

“Who was that?” Dara asked as Jiyong settled in his seat.

 

“Just an old man.” Jiyong said with no interest.

 

“He called? What does he want now?” This time it was Nana who asked him.

 

“He wants to see me at 2. So we better hurry up.” Jiyong informed.

 

Nana seems to know the man who called Jiyong.. So they are that close now… Aigoo~~~ Dara they are in a relationship remember?? They are supposed to be THAT close. If not, more than that. Dara thought to herself as she tries to focus finishing her dessert while trying to catch some of Jiyong and Nana’s conversation.

 

“Your father can be really stubborn at some time.” Nana said with disapproval in her voice.

 

Dara heard this and for the second time she choked. She hurriedly drink a glass of water to ease the pain.

 

“Yah~ Dara-ah are you okay?” Jiyong asked with worry painted on his face.

 

She knows his father?!! I don’t even met Jiyong’s father yet!! So they are in that kind of relationship now… Dara thought ignoring Jiyong’s concern.

 

“Yah! Ahjumma! I said are you okay?” Jiyong repeated with a louder voice.

 

“A-a-ahjumma??! Yah! Who are you calling ahjumma?!!” She asked in disbelief.

 

“So you’re leaving at 2?” Dara asked Jiyong.

 

“Actually we’re leaving now. We need to prepare some things.” Jiyong said as he stood up followed by Nana.

 

“Oh… Hyung you’re leaving already?” Seungri noticed the two stood up from their seats.

 

“Yeah! We are heading off somewhere. I’ll see you later… Don’t worry guys, the lunch is on me.. I’ll pay at the counter before I go on my way.” Jiyong said and went on his way with Nana trailing.

 

Everyone is pleased. Jiyong is really generous.

 

When the two are out of the resto……

 

“If I knew better those two will just go lovey dovey together that’s why they are in a hurry..” Bom stated

 

“W-w-what?! Hyung and Nana-ssi?!!! Lovey dovey??!” Seungri asked in disbelief.

 

“Yah! I thought you’re Jiyong’s long-time friend? How come you didn’t know they are together?” Bom eyed Seungri.

 

“H-h-huh? Ahhh y-yeah.. I just didn’t think hyung is that type of guy.. hehehehe you know the lovey dovey thing your saying…” Seungri said.

 

What game are you playing this time hyung? You didn’t gave me a heads up on this!! Seungri thought to himself.

 


 

Jiyong is practically on rage as he is stuck in traffic.

 

“You know being angry at the traffic jam won’t do you anything right?” Nana sad shaking her head in amazement.

 

“Spare me some nagging… We both know the old man. He don’t like someone who’s late.” Jiyong said irritated.

 

Limited to anyone’s knowledge. When I say limited it’s really limited to him, that by just hearing the name of his father gets him worked up.

 

“You can never hide your nervousness when it comes to your father.” Nana stated as a matter of fact. Which earn a glare from Jiyong.

 

“I am not!” He protested.

 

“Stop being childish. Oh I haven’t really got a chance on asking you this but, why did you begged Seungri to work at the shop?” She asked eyeing the guy.

 

“W-what? Begged him? I did not! He asked me where he can work and I suggested the shop.” Jiyong replied sounding a bit defensive.

 

“You can’t hide anything from me Kwon. He said you literally pest him or more like bully him to death just so he agrees to work there. You even throw the keys of his new car!” Nana continued frustrated.

 

“I may not be looking at you but stop boring holes in my face.” He sighed and continue. “Nothing okay. He’s having fun and feeling at home so it’s a win-win thing. Everybody happy.”

 

“I hope you know what you’re doing.” Nana rested the topic and looked outside hoping for the day to went by smoothly.

 


 

“10 minutes late. Jiyong, I am not even surprised.” The old man sitting on the middle end of a long table said.

 

“I’m sorry sajangnim.” Jiyong said half-heartedly and bowed.

 

“Why to formal my son? It’s just us. Take a sit.” He instructed.

 

“Oh! Annyeong Nana-ssi. It’s been awhile. How’s Jiyong doing these days?” He asked acknowledging Nana’s presence.

 

“He’s doing good enough. Same as always.” She answered respectfully and took her sit beside Jiyong.

 

“You do know good isn’t enough right?” The old man said with authority in his voice.

 

“All of you here. My sons, good is not enough. You have to be the best. We have to be the best.” He continued eyeing each of his son and lingers longer in Jiyong.

 

“Can we just get into the point why you called us all here?!” Jiyong asked irritated.

 

“Jiyong! Respect.” A deep voice reprimand him.

 

“Enough of that. Since the maknae here is in a hurry to his playground we should start.” The old man said.

 

“I got the reports here and I can say I’m not impressed. Seunghyun, Youngbae and Jiyong.” He eyed three of his sons.  “All the sales dropped! What the hell is wrong with you people???!!” The old man threw all the folders he is holding.

 

“S-sir the music industry is really a mess—“

 

“Stop it Nana!” Jiyong eyed the girl.

 

“But I was just---“

 

“I said stop! I’m your boss here remember?! We can’t reason out to a person whose mind is close!” Jiyong’s voice can be heard all over the conference room.

 

“Y-yes sajangnim. I’m sorry for my behavior.” Nana said to Jiyong.

 


 

 

Yay!! 22 subbies ^_^ Annyeong!

So how's the update? hihihihi

Now you get to know Jiyong's life too...

Keep quiet.. Dara and the others doesn't know about it.. LOL

Hope you enjoy this update..

Look forward to it neh?

-- unknownkwon

 

PS. my forever apologies for the wrong grammars and typos.. hihihi I'll do better next time