Chapter 7

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

 

[Author’s POV]

 

“That went well.” Jiyong said sarcastically.

 

He and Nana are heading to the company’s parking lot. The so-called meeting just ended with his father scolding him and telling him to focus on the branch he’s holding. His brothers got the same fate as him.

 

“Sajangnim, I’m really really sorry for what I did there.” Nana said disappointed in herself.

 

“What’s with the formality? We’re not with them anymore. And don’t worry about it. I knew you’re just defending our company. But we can’t do anything about it. Honestly, I too, is disappointed at our sales report. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Jiyong reasoned out.

 

“Tssk tsssk. That’s why I told you to stop fooling around Jiyong-ah” The deep voice who reprimanded him earlier said.

 

“I didn’t know you have a habit of eavesdropping now.” Jiyong glared at his hyung.

 

“Yow brothers! Well that was one hell of a meeting.” Youngbae said heading towards where his brothers are.

 

“Annyeong, Youngbae-ssi, Seunghyun-ssi.” Nana greeted politely.

 

“Still y I see. Nana, you might want to reconsider being my secretary instead.” Youngbae said eyeing the girl from head to toe.

 

“And you might want to consider getting out of our sight before I hit your face.” Jiyong interjected.

 

“Still hot-headed. Well I’ll see you around.” Youngbae patted Jiyong’s shoulder which earned a scowl from him.

 

“Nana-ssi! You know my company’s number right? Call me if you want to ditch that boss of yours.” Youngbae added and winked at her.

 

“Bastard..” Jiyong hissed not pleased at his brother’s act.

 

“Now what do you want hyung?” He turned to the tall guy who’s standing beside him.

 

“I’m just here to tell you that you should get yourself together. You know you can’t have the best of both worlds Ji. You should focus or either they will bring you down, or you will bring your so-called friends down.” With that, Seunghyun left and went on his own way.

 

“I really don’t get it, why aren’t you close to your brothers?” Nana asked confused.

 

“I was. We were.” Jiyong said with sadness in his voice and went into his car.

 


 

On their ride home, Jiyong got a call from Seungri saying he needed to talk to him and Nana. They agreed to meet at a coffee shop near where Nana’s staying.

 

“What the hell you two!!” Seungri said as he went to sit at the table where Jiyong and Nana seated.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Jiyong asked. Confused as to why Seungri is acting that way.

 

“The whole team know that you and Nana are dating!!! What the hyung? You should’ve told me. I almost said the truth!!”

 

“Calm down Seungri! You didn’t said anything right? Did they get suspicious?” Jiyong asked worriedly.

 

“No. Good thing they let it slide. Why did you do that?” Seungri asked.

 

“I didn’t actually said we’re dating. It’s their conclusion. We don’t event act as couple in the first place. And I can’t just say I have a freakin secretary tailing me every ing hour just to make sure I get to go to my appointments and company meetings now can I???” Jiyong explained frustratingly.

 

“And I’m a freakin secretary now? You think I wanna be stuck with my boss every ‘in hour’?” Nana sarcastically butted in.

 

“No offense to that.” Jiyong said smiling.

 

“Whatever you two. Just for the record, if anyone here is putting up an engagement show? Just give me a heads up so I won’t be shocked.” Seungri said eyeing the two.

 

“Eeeww we’re not going that far. Like what Jiyong said, it’s their thinking. We’re just not confirming nor denying for the sake of this guy’s happiness.” Nana pointed at Jiyong who’s busy on his phone.

 

“Hyung~ Why do you even pretended to be a mere photographer?” Seungri asked to satisfy his curiosity.

 

“I didn’t pretended to be a photographer. I’m a real one you know?” Looking up and raising his brow in process.

 

“Yeah~~ A real photographer who has a billion dollar company in his hands. And might be the future CEO of the whole YG Prime Holdings.” Nana sarcastically stated the fact.

 

“Thanks for the reminder miss secretary.” Jiyong shot a glare at Nana

 

“You’re always welcome boss.”

 

“Just answer the question hyung.”

 

“Yeah Jiyong, I am curious myself. Why you put up an act? And now I’m in it too.”

 

“I just want breather you know. This is like an escape from reality. A dream in the day light. I know it’ll end soon, but now as long as everything is still fine, I want to keep it. They are good people. Both of them accepted me as their best friend. Not for money, not for fame. But for who I am and no more, no less.”

 

“Why hide your identity? Now that you know they are your real friends. Why not just tell them who you are? They will know it eventually.” Seungri said.

 

“I can’t. Not even half of the population here in Seoul knows who I am. Not even half of my people in the company knows me. It’s difficult to put up a low profile when you’re running a company. I don’t want the lime light. I don’t want the attention. It will add up to the stress. And I hope you two will respect that. So you shouldn’t just go around telling who I am and what I really do for a living okay?” Jiyong eyed his secretary and Seungri.

 

Both nodded in understanding. They both know how Jiyong is putting up a fight out there. Keeping his privacy and having this escapade to escape the frightening world of business. He is still young but he have a company to run, an employees and his artists who’s trusting themselves to him for a living.

 


 

“Hey D! You wanna come out?”

 

It’s a not so busy day at the shop and Jiyong is miraculously not busy with his secret life as a CEO so he dropped by to find someone to hang out with.

 

“Your treat?” Dara beamed thrilled by the thought of hanging out again with Jiyong..

 

“You’re a boss of this almost big shot shop and still it’s my treat?” He said teasingly.

 

“Oh come on now Jiyongie~~~~ Its been a while since we hang out together. We should ask Bom to come with us.”

 

“I did call her. But she have a shoot today. You still wanna go?”

 

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I?” Dara asked.

 

“I don’t know.. Maybe you have some lunch date again or something.”

 

“What the? Stop it. I’m actually a busy person now and I’m generous enough to grant your wish of hanging out with me.” Dara rolled her eyes on him which made Jiyong chuckle.

 

“Okay okay.. I’m truly thankful for giving me your little time today. Where do you wanna go?”

 

“I don’t know, lets gas up your car to full. And we can just roam around the city or whatever.” She suggested much to his delight because he asked her to go out but doesn’t have any idea where to go to.

 

“Sounds like a plan. Lets go?”

 


 

~~

So she said what's the problem baby?

What's the problem? I don't know.

Well maybe I'm in love (love)

Think about it every time

I think about it

Can't stop thinking 'bout it

 

How much longer will it take to cure this?

Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)

Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love

 

Come on, come on

Turn a little faster

Come on, come on

The world will follow after

Come on, come on

Cause everybody's after love

~~♫♪

 

“Ah this song is really my jam!” Dara said bobbing her head matching with the tune.

 

“I know right? Counting Crows rules!” Jiyong agreed as he sings along with Dara.

 

The two are out for a drive but it’s near lunch time so they decided to go the nearest mall to eat lunch.

 

“Ji YGM is near here. We can just go there to eat and maybe find something to do.”

 

YGM? Why of all malls it has to be that one? Urgghhh. Jiyong thought to himself.

 

“We still got time. We can still go to a better mall.” Jiyong said hoping for Dara to agree.

 

“Duh? As if there’s a mall that’s better than YGM. That mall is like the epitome of malls here in Seoul. How I wish I can put up a branch there.” Dara said dreamingly much to Jiyong’s disappointment.

 

“Whatever you say. YGM it is then.” Jiyong said knowing he won’t win against Dara’s convincing power.

 

I just hope I don’t see him there. The mall is ing huge so there’s like 1% of seeing him. Jiyong shook his head with the thought.

 


 

After looking for a parking space, the two went on roaming around to find a good place to eat.

 

“Wow.. This place is used to be crowded. To be honest I’m expecting to have a hard time lining up for food.” Dara said scanning the huge mall with average amount of crowd.

 

“I heard this mall isn’t doing well this past few months.” Jiyong commented earning a nod from Dara.

 

“Whatever. I still love it here. Lets just find a place to eat.”

 

The two scan their surroundings hoping for a good place to grab a lunch. Dara is so happy to have her break from work and that’s all because of Jiyong. She’s walking backwards talking animatedly to him and Jiyong will laugh from time to time thinking how childish this 27 year old woman can be.

 

“You should’ve drop by more frequently! You’re missing the fu—“

 

“Dara! Be careful!” Jiyong run towards where Dara is.

 

Dara happens to tripped backwards and bumped into a man.

 

“Are you okay miss?” A man wearing a suit with his hair neatly brushed up asked.

 

“Y-yeah.. I’m sorry, I’m not really looking to where I’m walking.” Dara said embarrassed while caressing her bottom trying to get up.

 

“Here let me help you.” The man offered his hand to help Dara to get up.

 

“Dara are you okay?” Jiyong asked worriedly scanning Dara for some bruises if ever she has one.

 

“I’m fine Jiyong. Sorry for being so clumsy.” Dara said sheepishly.

 

“Jiyong?” The man who helped Dara said.

 

Jiyong turned around to see who called him.

 

“S-s-Seunghyun hyung!” Jiyong said surprised.

 

Great! ing great.. I’m so lucky to get that 1% of chance to see him..

 

“Oh! You know each other?” Dara asked confused with the situation.

 

“Ah y-yeah” Jiyong answered her.

 

“Mind if you introduce your friend?” Seunghyun said eyeing him and Dara.

 

“Hyung.. This is Dara. And Dara this is Seunghyun hyung m-my… m-m-my friend.”

 

“Friend?” Seunghyun was amazed from what he just heard. His own brother introducing him as a friend?

 

“Dara.. I’ll just talk to him, you go in at some store if you want.” Jiyong suggested.

 

Jiyong pulled his hyung out from the earshot of Dara. Dara was just looking at them and decided to just do what Jiyong said.

 

“What are you doing here?!” Jiyong hissed

 

“Come again? You’re asking me what I’m doing here? Me? Me who’s the CEO of this mall?”

 

“Fine! Just go now!” He tried to shoo him away so Dara won’t see him again.

 

“May I just ask what with that ‘friend’ thing all about?” Seunghyun’s curiosity kicked in.

 

“Urrrgh! Its just that… well.. just mind your own business!” Jiyong was about to leave when Seunghyun speak again.

 

“I can just run in there and tell her I’m really your brother.”

 

“Adoptive brother.” He corrected.

 

“We all are adopted you know. What’s the difference? We’re still brothers.” Seunghyun stated as a matter of fact.

 

It is known in the business world that their father – Yang Hyun Suk, rested the idea of getting married and just focused on his company. But things come to point he needed to have a successor someday so he adopted three sons which is still unknown to many.

 

“Okay fine.. She doesn’t know I’m a CEO of YG Entertainment so you better shut your ing mouth.” Jiyong glared at his brother and went back to where Dara is.

 

“Dara come on! Let’s go find a restaurant.” Jiyong pulled Dara out from the store eager to get away from his brother.

 

“Oh! Seunghyun-ssi come with us we’re having lunch!” Dara shouted as she spotted Seunghyun looking at their way.

 

 “What the hell Dara?!!” Jiyong is surprised by Dara’s invitation and looking at his brother’s face he is too.

 

“What? I bumped into him and he’s your friend. Don’t be rude! I insist!” She said and went her way to Senghyun.

 

This will be a long day. Jiyong thought to himself.

 

 

 


 

Annyeong! Another update ^_^

30 subbies!! Thank you all...

So how's the update?

I don't know if this update answers some of your questions

or it made you more confuse.. Be patient neh?

Look forward to the next update!

Dara with 2 of YG bros hahaha

HENGSHO <3

Drop some comments and feedbacks..

-- unknownkwon