Chapter 2

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

 

“Why not start your own company?” Jiyong suggested.

 

“Wha-what? No!” That’s ridiculous!

 

“You’re a genius Jiyong! I knew that forehead of yours is hiding something!” Bom said in delight.

 

“You just praise and insulted me at the same time. Great.” I can only laugh at that. You see Jiyong and Bom don’t usually agree at the same things. And I should be happy that this is one of those rarest moments but no!

 

“Oh no! You two agreeing on the same thing means nothing but trouble!” I pretty much voiced out my disagreement to that idea.

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” asked Bom.

 

“You pretty much saved a lot from working there for 5 years. That I’m sure of. And you can now design freely. Don’t you like the idea? You’re the boss!” Bom encourage me more.

 

“I agree, now you don’t have to endure being mocked by other people. They don’t have to endure seeing you wear your un-so-fashionable clothes. It's a win-win situation.” Jiyong added.

 

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Why are you even here? I didn’t call you. You’re no help. You even gave Bom a stupid idea.” Urrrrgh! Jiyong can be such a pain in the .

 

“The only one who’s stupid here is you grumpy Dara. We’re giving you the freedom to create your own style. To tell the world how good you are. I said that because I have trust in your designs despite the way you look.”

 

Jiyong has a point here. Both of them do. And that’s why I’m afraid. Both of them are not afraid to try new things. Both of them have the expense to risk money to invest here and there because they are not me. Me who need to support my family out there in Busan. How will I be able to create my own fashion business?

 

“But…. How? I-I don’t even have much savings. I need to support my family and…”

 

“I’m gonna be a co-owner” Bom interrupted me. Ehhh?

 

“And I’ll work as your full time photographer. But you’ll have to pay me. Just a little. You know a guy has to live.” Jiyong offered.

 

“Photographer for what?” I asked.

 

“We can also do photo shoots featuring your clothes. I know some models that we can hire and we won’t cost much. You do know at the first months or year, we still can’t afford to do that run-way thing. So we’ll settle for photos that we can submit to some fashion magazine.”

 

“You know Ji, sometimes you can be really helpful. You’re not the worst best friend after all.” I said. Hahahahaha you need to give that guy a credit. He knows how to do business.

 

“Wow. Being a business graduate is not a bad thing at all.” Bom added.

 

“So what’s the call Dara? Are you in?” Bom asked with a hope in her eyes.

 

Sigh “Yeah… I guess it’s worth a shot.” I finally agreed people! Please tell me I’m not making a big mistake here.

 

“WHOOOOO!! YEAH! That’s it tokki! We’re gonna rock the fashion industry. Wait for our D&B fashion. WHOOO!!” Wow. I never seen Bom so happy like this before. I guess she really wanted this.

 

“But!!!!!!!” I interjected.

 

“What now?” Bom stopped jumping and now curious.

 

“You!” I pointed at her. “And you!” I said as I pointed at Jiyong.

 

“Both of you can’t leave me alone in that business! Are we clear?” I glared at them. I’m hella scared. Too much to do and we’re starting from scratch. I need to work on ideas and new designs.

 

“Yes boss!” I heard Jiyong said.

 

“Yes partner~” Chirped Bom.

 

“And what’s with D&B?” I asked Bom.

 

“It’s Dara and Bom! Isn’t it obvious?” Bom said as if the only D and B in this planet is our name. Aigoo~ This best friend of mine.

 

“Yah! Where’s the ME in that?” Jiyong complained. Urgh for real?!

 

“You’re a photographer. Not a co-owner. Not necessary. Not relevant.” Bom said. Ouch Bom, that’s too much. But I know she’s just joking.

 

“Who wants to be in that company name of yours! Hhhhmpf~ Jiyong itself can sound so good alone.”

 

“Oh yeah?!”

 

“Yeah!”

 

Urrrggghhh. This will never end.

 


 

So now that we’ve agreed to use D&B as our company name. Coz Ji can’t really do anything about it. Bom is the bomb when it comes to argument. Now here we are at my small place with our beer, chicken and brains doing some brain storming.

 

Bom and I live separately after college. I rented a small apartment which is not that pricey. I’m the master of budgeting. Hahahahaha!

 

“First we need to find a good place where we can put up your business.” Jiyong started.

 

“It has to be cheap though. You know we’re cutting budget here cause 'me' is jobless and I don’t want Bom to put out more share than I do. It has to be 50-50 so it will be fair for the both of us.” I stated.

 

It’s true that Bom is earning more than I do and she can support this business financially but I made it clear to the both of us that we will be spending same amount of money. I don’t want to rely on others. If it’s partnership she wants, we have to do this fairly.

 

“Okay, miss thrifty, grumpy Dara. We’ll look for a cheap place to rent. I just hope we can find a rent-to-own type of place.” Jiyong said as he typed and search on my laptop.

 

“Dara, you don’t have to worry about these stuffs. Leave this to Jiyong and me. You can just focus on your designs.” Bom suggested.

 

“But I wanted to be part of the building stage. It’ll give me more inspiration.” I said while I take a big gulp of my beer. Ahhhh~ feels so good having chicken and beer with the two important friends in your life.

 

*Click* *Click*

 

Urghhh! The camera shutter again.

 

“Ji, sometimes I wanna shatter your camera into pieces every time I hear that shutter.” I glared at Ji.

 

“You just look epic thinking deeply. What’s on your mind D?” He asked as he scan the photos he took a while ago.

 

“Nothing. I’m just blessed to have the both of you in my life.” I eyed the both of them with teary eyes.

 

*Click* *Click*

 

“Yah! Jiyong!!!”

 

I stood up ready to get that camera. I’m having my moment here for crying out loud. And he just have to ruin everything. As I stood up, Jiyong did the same and run away from me.

 

We’ve been running in circles, me chasing him. He went up on my bed jumping like a child.

 

“Oh my goodness Kwon!! Don’t jump on my bed! You’ll break it! Get down here!!” My poor bed! Waaaaah please hold yourself together.

 

*Click* *Click*

 

“Hahahahaha your expression is so funny D. You’re totally mad!” He said still jumping.

 

“That’s it!!! Let me have that!” I said as I went on my bed as well.

 

Jiyong is not that tall but I still can’t get the camera specially when he’s jumping and raising up the camera on his other hand.

 

“Stop jumping Ji! I’m getting dizzy” I complain.

 

And as if to torture me more. He just have to jump more and more. I can see Bom laughing at my frustration.

 

“Let him be Dara. You’re wasting your time. He won’t give up. You know how much he loves your face. I bet that camera is full of your photos.” Bom stated while laughing at us.

 

“Yah! Ewwww! This? This grumpy Dara? No way. You know, you have a couple of shares too in this camera. You sleeping with a drool, you looking frustrated because there’s no corn on your fridge.” Jiyong teased while still jumping up and down.

 

Bom was about launched herself at us and I think Ji is ready to run his out when he tripped. And by the unfortunate turn of events we fell. I closed my eyes and braced myself from the pain I’m about to feel. Oh my gosh! My head my might crack!!!

 

We fell, I heard the thud. I waited for the pain but none. I open my eyes and found myself on top of Jiyong.

 

“Oh my gosh! Are you two okay?” I heard Bom asked. Worry is visible in her voice.

 

I pushed myself up a little and inspected Ji who’s still lying with his closed eyes.

 

“Hey! Ji! Wake up!” I tapped his cheeks.

 

I looked at Bom with worry. “Bom! I think he’s dead.”

 

Okay I sounded stupid. But what are the odds? He may have internal bleeding or something. Suddenly I felt a hand around my waist. I looked down and saw Jiyong smiling at me.

 

His smile that can capture so many girls out there. That smile that can me you smile back at him with no reason at all. Despite my worried look, I found myself smiling back at him. See?! I told you his smile is contagious.

 

“What? Why? You look creepy” I asked him. Still smiling.

 

“You look creepy too. I have fun that’s why I’m smiling smart .”

 

Smile gone. Glare on.

 

“You just know how to ruin a moment do you?” I slapped him in the chest. His hands still on my waist.

 

“Ehem! Ehem!”

 

We were so caught up in our silly teasing and conversation that Bom has to fake a cough. I looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

“Are you planning to stay like that for a while? Coz if so, I might as well leave so you can both do your job.” Bom said sarcastically.

 

I analyzed and realized our very much awkward position and when I’m about to stand up. Ji’s hold on my waist tightens. I looked at him confuse. Then suddenly he pulled me down so now he’s on top of me.

 

“What the hell?!” I asked with wide eyes. What is this guy thinking?!!!

 

“Okay, I guess you made up your mind. I’m out of here. Have fun you two.” Bom said and was about to leave. Noooooooo! Bom! Don’t go!

 

“No! Bom, don’t go!” Ji said. Ehhhh?!

 

“Ehhh?!” I clasped my mouth. Great! Why my mouth has to say inappropriate things at a compromising situation like this? Why?

 

Ji looked at me. Amusement visible in his eyes. Oh I know that look. Do you guys know that look? Cause I do!

 

“Hahahahahaha! Yah! Grumpy Dara, do you really think I’m gonna do something to you?” He teased.

 

“Yah! I’m not t-thinking that w-way!” Wow! I just stutter. And did I just blush? Jiyong is, and will always be the worst best friend in the world!

 

“Bom! Come here. Lets………” I didn’t get to hear what he was about to say but I can sure feel it.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! S-s-s-top! S-stop!!!! HHAHAHAHAHA”

 

Both Bom and Jiyong are killing me. I'm being killed here. Tickling should be listed as a type of murder. I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die! Heeeeeelp~

 

Despite me laughing so loud because of the torture. We heard the familiar sound of Jiyong’s phone. And as if on cue. The tickling stop. Ahhh~ bless you whoever you are calling Jiyong right now.

 

“Oh. Nana-yah what is it this time?”

 

Oh it’s Nana. Jiyong’s girlfriend.

 


 

So? How was it?

Share your thoughts and give me ideas ^____^

This is just a filler. I just feel like you guys need to see how close Dara and Jiyong are.

-- unknownkwon