Chapter 5

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

Fate hates me so much! I can really feel it. What did I do to deserve this??

 

Here in our shop, the guy who’s standing in front of me. Is the same guy who I talked to last night. As I look at him, fragments of what happened last night pour into my mind.

 

*Flashback:

 

“Oh !” Said the guy who’s trying his best to hold me up.

 

I just threw up in a car. Maybe it’s his car. My mind is so hazy I don’t think I’m in my right mind right now.

 

“I told you to tell me if ever you’re going to throw up?!” He’s quite mad.

 

“Hihihihi~ Soooooooorry~” I sheepishly said.

 

“Urrrgh! Why do I have a conscience?” He more said it to himself.

 

“Because you’re a good guy.” I told him.

 

He looked at me and smile.

 

“You really know how to please a guy.” He smirked.

 

“Is this your place?” He asked as he parked his car at my building. I’m quite amazed in myself I get to tell him my right address.

 

“Yes” I told him.

 

I got out of his car but I’m still dizzy so guess what? I tripped and come face to face on the floor.

 

“Whoa!” I got surprised someone pulled me up. I looked up to see it’s the guy who accompany me the whole time.

 

“You alright? Tell me your floor number. I’ll help you go there.” He offered.

 

I moved backwards to go out of his hold. I know I’m drunk but I’m still in my right mind to refuse his offer. I’m stupid enough to let a guy take me on his ride.

 

“No! I’m fine!” I said waving and shaking my head as a sign of declining.

 

I tried my hardest to walk steadily and good thing the guy didn’t insisted on taking me home.

 

*End of flashback

 

Oh my goodness!!! This is so not happening! He’s even smiling. I wanna erase that smile on his face! This is so embarrassing. Why is there no one who taught a person how to face someone after a very humiliating event? This should be taught in school! I don’t know how to deal with this guy.

 

“Hey D!” Ji nudged me bringing me back to reality of facing that jerk.

 

“Y-yes! Okay! I’m sorry but I already have someone in my mind for that position.” I nervously said. Waaaah~~ I have to stay calm. They must not notice I don’t want him.

 

“Really?” Ji keep prying on me. What the hell?!

 

“Y-y-yes!” I shouted

 

“And who is it?” He continued to ask

 

“Someone! Just someone!” Urghh! This is so frustrating. Why can’t Ji see my frustration?

 

“Oh~ Come on D! Give this man a chance. He graduated in business management and he knows fashion industry too! He even worked as part time in other fashion companies.” Ji stated.

 

It’s true though. Donghae-ssi’s educational background is no joke. His experiences too. This guy is 2 years younger than me. I’m feeling like a grandma right now.

 

“And he’s the only one who came up here to apply.” Ji stated.

 

“Ji, I just posted that ad yesterday remember?” I reminded him.

 

“Still! I think he’s good enough.” Ji said trying to convince me more.

 

“Okay. I need to consult this to Bommie first.”

 

“Donghae-ssi? We’ll call you tomorrow if you’re hired. Please wait for it.” I told Lee Donghae

 

The guy stood up and bow.

 

“Thank you. I hope you can give me a chance to prove myself.”

 


 

“What?! You got drunk and that guy drop you off at the parking lot of where you’re staying?!!!” Bom said unbelievably.

 

Just like what I told Ji and Donghae, I asked Bom about it. She agreed to hire him. And then I keep reasoning out but Bom knows me too well so she asked me the real reason. I got no choice so I told her about what happened and some things that I remembered.

 

“Yeah~ So Bommie~~~ for my reputation. Let’s decline him neh?” I whined like a child. I just can’t. How can that employee respect me if he just saw me on that state?

 

“Yah! Tokki! You’re being unreasonable again. He’s a good catch you know! Any company will take him in. But he chooses to apply in our little shop.”

 

“Just like you said! Any company will hire him!! Why does he have to pick our LITTLE SHOP?! Why do you think so?! It’s because he will black mail me!! He will humiliate me!! Or what if he wanted me to replace his car?! Oh my gosh Bommie!!!!” I said dramatically.

 

“Stop it! You’re over reacting!”

 

“We’ll hire him! That’s final!” Bom said with finality.

 

Urrrgh!! Fate is really against me!

 

“Call him tomorrow neh?” She added as I was about to leave.

 


 

“Welcome to D&B Donghae-ssi.” I told him and offer him a handshake.

 

As per Bom said. I called Donghae-ssi and asked him if he can drop by today for the briefing on what will he be doing here.

 

Luckily he can be here full time at least I have Minzy and him to help me.

 

“Please just call me Donghae.” He said.

 

“Oh. Okay Donghae. You can just call me Dara then. I don’t want to really establish this seniority and position thingy.” Yeah right Dara. You just told yourself how can he respect you. Now you offered the informalities.

 

“Arrasso!” He smiled.

 

He seems like a nice person.

 

“So did you get up to your unit safe?” He said with his knowing smiles.

 

“A-ah that. Yes I did. And thank you for the ride and I’m sorry for the ruckus I caused you.” I said feeling embarrassed.

 

“You’re a sight to behold that night.” He answered shaking his head in disbelief.

 

Okay! I take it back. He’s not a nice guy. Such a tease!

 

“It’ll be best if you keep it to yourself. You’ll do me a big favor.”

 

“Don’t worry. Not a single soul will know about it.” He winked and proceeded to his working station.

 

He just didn’t winked at me!! Urrgh I can feel he will be a pain in the .

 

I heard the door open and saw Jiyong with Nana coming in followed by a guy who I think is in the same age as Jiyong.

 

“Hey D!” Jiyong greeted.

 

“Annyeong unnie!” The bubble Nana said.

 

“Annyeong” Said the guy who bowed 90 degrees. Who is he?

 

“Aa-annyeong.” I returned his politeness.

 

“Dara this is Seungri. And Seungri this is Dara, the owner of this shop.” Jiyong introduced me to the guy named Seungri.

 

“Dara. He’s interested in applying for the last position. He’s my friend and he can be a great help. He just graduated this month and he took fashion designing course. It’ll be great if he can have his first job here. So what you think?” Jiyong suggested.

 

“Is he your friend?” I asked

 

“Yeah. I’ve known him long enough. He’s younger than me for 2 years.”

 

“Oh! Okay. Since he’s your friend and though you’re really not that trust worthy in some things I’ll trust you on this one.”

 

“Welcome to D&B Seungri-ssi!” I welcomed him with enthusiasm. He looks friendly himself.

 

“Ahh call me Seungri! And can I call you noona?” Seungri said.

 

“Sure! I think we’ll be good friends.” I told him and show him where will be his working station.

 


 

Okay me and Seungri being good friends? I can’t guarantee that. That kid has a serious case of being a ert!

 

One time I asked him why he took up fashion course and guess what he said? He said so that he can measure the body of those pretty models! Oh my goodness! But despite of being a ert. He’s really talented in fashion. I got some nice ideas from him and we get to entertain male customers now.

 

It’s been two weeks since I hired Seungri and Donghae. It didn’t took long for them to blend in and be friends the others. Surprisingly Donghae isn’t bad after all. He get to close a deal to a small sewing factory that is willing to sew and mass produce my designs. I even got compliments from the owner. We’re on the process of producing the ready-to-wear items.

 

We decided to compress the spaces of each area in our shop to make the receiving area bigger. We planned to put up clothe racks and some mannequins for the display. We spend some cash on renovating the whole area to make it really look like a shop. We took down the walls where the door is located and put up a glass one so the inside will be visible. Still detachable wall panels separate the viewing room from the working stations.

 

“Hey Dara! You free for lunch?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yes I am. Why? You wanna treat me out?” I told him. Me and Donghae hit it off in an instant.

 

He’s really funny and you can rely on him.

 

“I was about to ask you to treat me. But okay I’ll treat you since you insisted” He said teasingly.

 

“Yah! I did not!” I slap him with the folder I’m holding.

 

“Hahaha okay I was just joking. I’ll get back to you. I need to finish my work first.” He said going back to his table.

 

Just when Donghae left, I saw Jiyong coming in.

 

Jiyong doesn’t stay here often unlike Donghae, Minzy and Seungri but he always makes sure to be here when there’s a photo shoot schedule and he drops by every day staying for 2-4 hours.

 

“Hey D! Wanna grab some lunch? You done yet?” He asked as soon as he’s in front of me.

 

“Awww Ji, I already made plans with Donghae. You wanna come?” I offered him.

 

“Oh. Is that so? No I’m okay.” He sound disappointed. Or is it just me?

 

“Hey Seungri! You wanna grab lunch? Meet me later.” Ji turned his attention to Seungri who’s working on some designs I asked him to.

 

“Whoa! Hyung!! You asking me on a date?”

 

Jiyong and Seungri are really like that dumb and dumber guys. When there’s trouble just look for them and you’ll know where it came from.

 

“Shut up! Dream on! Even gays won’t ask you out.” Jiyong teased.

 

“But you just did!” Seungri retorted.

 

“Yah! You’ll pay for lunch later.” Jiyong stated and went on his way out.

 

I can only laugh at that. Poor Seungri. When Jiyong says you’ll pay for it. He means it. I remember him saying that to me. I insisted he should pay and we were like arguing for an hour but in the end I paid for it because the waiter seems to be waiting for our payment.

 

I miss him. Wait what?! Aigoo~ I just miss hanging out with him. He seems busy too these past few days. And so am I.

 

“Hey Dara! Tokki tokki-yah~~~”

 

“Oh Bom you’re here.” I asked. I didn’t noticed her arriving.

 

“Yes I’m glad you noticed. You free for lunch?”

 

What’s with people today asking me for lunch?

 

“I actually mad plans with Donghae. You wanna come?” I asked her.

 

“Oooooh~ You hitting it of with Donghae now?” Bom teased wiggling her brows on process.

 

“Yah! Shhhh! He might hear you!” I shush Bom.

 

“Ofcourse not. He just asked me nicely so I said yes. And besides we’re friends now.” I told her.

 

“So now you’re friends. I remember how much you don’t want to hire him hahahahaha.”

 

“Shut up. People change and so do I.” I remarked

 

“Very well since my best friend is on a lunch date. I shall go ahead to eat my lunch alone.”

 

“Wait! Jiyong asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with him but I told him about my plans with Donghae. You can join him and Seungri. Seungri will pay.” I told Bom.

 

“Whoa! You just declined Kwon Jiyong’s offer?” She said not believing what’s she’s hearing from me.

 

“Why is it as if it’s the most impossible thing to happen?” I asked her.

 

“For the record. I think it’s the first time you decline Jiyong whenever he ask you to eat out.”

 

“You’re changing Dara. Ahhhh~ My Dara is a grown up woman now. Learning how to flirt and go on lunch dates.” Bom added teasing me more.

 

“Stop it Bom.” I said shyly. I’m getting conscious with this teasing stuffs.

 

“Hey Seungri! I heard you’re paying for lunch. I’ll meet you later with Jiyong~” Bom shouted on her way out.

 

“Why is this happening to me?!” Seungri complained.

 

Aigoo~ Mianhe Seungri-yah…..

 

 


 

I am so sorry for this lame update...

this is maent to be a filler chapter ^_^

So this is the start of the improvement of the relationship between Donghae and Dara hihihihi

Jiyongie~~ what will you do.. your bestfriend might get snatched from you... xD

And I just need to find a way to introduce to you the other characters..

So bare with me neh?

And hello to my 18 subbies <3

Thanks for subscribing... hope you can drop by some comments and promote this fic..

--- unknownkwon

 

PS. sorry for the typos if you find any.. and for the gramar too.. english isn't really my forte hahahaha <3