Chapter 4

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

 

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

It’s been a few months already since we started this crazy idea of putting up our own business. As per Jiyong and Bom’s connections, we hired different models for a friendly price. Some offered they’ll model my clothes for free because they like my designs.

 

And as Jiyong suggested the last time, we submitted some photos to different fashion magazines here in Seoul. And that’s where these few people and models got to know us.

 

“Unnie~~” A jolly girl came running at me. We are actually here at the shop.

 

“Minzy-ah! You don’t have class?” I asked. Because it’s too early and she usually drops by here 5pm onwards that’s why we do the shoots at night or late afternoon.

 

“Hello~ Earth to Dara unnie. Didn’t I tell you that it’s the start of summer vacation?”

 

“Omo! Really? Waaaaaah you’re free now!” I congratulated her. Come on people! Summer vacation is like one of the most awaited season for the students. Hihihihihi I’m like that when I was still in college.

 

“Ahhh yeah… Unnie~ Can I ask you a favor?” Omo! Don’t tell me our maknae will leave us… waaaaaah how will the photo shoot proceeds it that happens~ I can only make-up the clowns!!

 

“Oh! S-sure! Hehehe.” I said nervously.

 

“Can I work here full time this summer?” She asked with hopeful eyes. What?! OMG!

 

“OMG! You mean it? Really?” disbelief is visible in my voice. You see few students will want to work on their vacation. That’s like holy season for them.

 

“Yeah! It’s fun working here you know.” She said with a big smile.

 

“Sure! That will be great. Thanks Minzy-ah. I don’t know what I’ll do without you. Your creation on those models are great. You should keep it up! You have a bright future ahead of you.” I complimented her. It’s the least I can do. I don’t pay people here much. We still can raise wages so we keep it fair as possible.

 

“So how’s the designs coming? It’s summer now.”

 

“I get some orders from a few. And I’m working on some ready-to-wear clothes.” I stated.

 

“Ready-to-wear clothes? That’s not a bad idea.” Bom said while closing the door.

 

“Oh! You’re here already. Thought you have a shoot at 10?” We were so caught up in our conversation we didn’t heard the door open.

 

“Yeah. They said it will be moved later at 2 so I still got time.”

 

Bom is still working as a model so I’m the one who’s full time handling the shop. And good thing Minzy will be here to accompany me for the whole summer. Thank you summer!

 

“Dara, I think we need to increase our staffs.” Bom started.

 

The three of us sat on our usual table when we eat – the table across the photo shoot area. Bom is so generous to bring some cakes.

 

“I’ll get us some drinks. Be right back.” Minzy offered as she sped outside.

 

“So where were we?” I continued.

 

“I said we should hire some staffs. Two will do.” Bom insisted.

 

“But Bom, we barely got back our capital.” I reasoned out. And besides, I don’t know who shall we hire. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle some workers too.

 

“Dara-yah, are you listening to yourself? It’s been just what? 3 months since we opened up and we got back out capital in that short span of time. With just you, me, Jiyong and Minzy working together. And we’re barely here all the time.”

 

Sigh.

 

“You’re right. And I must admit, that three months was really exhausting.”

 

“See! So you okay with hiring two?” Bom asked.

 

“Yeah. Let’s do this.” I smiled at her. I know she’s just concerned about me.

 


 

Hiring:

Marketing Assistant and Staff (2 positions Available)

If interested please proceed inside. Can be Male or Female.

 

I smiled as I put up a simple sign outside our shop’s door. Hope someone will notice it.

 

“You’re hiring staffs now huh?” I heard the familiar voice and I assume he’s just right behind me.

 

“Yeah. Bom suggested it. What do you think Ji?” I asked him as I proceed to enter our shop.

 

“Not a bad idea. You’re working your out here all day.”

 

“Oh here! I got you this.” He handed me a plastic bag containing….

 

“Ice cream!” I hugged him much to my delight. Its summer and it’s really hot right now.

 

“Tssssk! Are you really my noona? You act more like a kid than me.” Ji teased.

 

“Yah! Show some respect kid!” I glared at him. Noona huh? Now I’m a noona. Tssssk!

 

I got best friend zoned last time and now I got noona zoned too? I still can’t forget that last time I fell asleep in his arms. I woke up the next morning and realized everything. I like Ji. I think. Because there’s no other reason why I hated it when he said he wanted to stay like this forever. As best friend. I can’t believe I’m liking my best friend who already have a girlfriend. I should stop this. It’s friendship we have and I should treasure it.

 

“I thought we came to an agreement you’ll stop calling me kid?” He raises his eyebrows at me.

 

“Yes we did. That’s if and only if you stop me calling Noona.” I reminded him. He started it!

 

“So childish. Go on, eat up. It’ll melt. I just drop it by.” Awwww he just drop by to give me ice cream. Yah! Dara stop it. You’re taking this small things too much. Must.contain.the.feels!

 

“You going somewhere?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah. Going to meet Nana today.” He said followed by a sigh.

 

For a guy in love. He seems so exhausted.

 

“You seems so tired.” Yes I must state the obvious.

 

“Just too much work. Shoots here and there. You okay with that right? I’ve been getting other projects since we’re not yet schedule to do a shoot here.”

 

“Of course! You’re free to do anything you want” Who am I to tell you what to do? My brain should stop pitying on me.

 

“Cool! I’ll tell Nana to drop by here after we meet up so she can help with some works.” Jiyong offered.

 

Nana has been constantly helping here and I’m thankful for that. I tried giving her some payment but she refuses it and told me she’s having fun helping since she didn’t get to finish studying her fashion course.

 

“You don’t have to. She might be busy.” I told him. I’m considering Nana’s situation too you know.

 

“You and I both know she’s having fun helping here. Take it as a help to her too. She’s learning from you and that means a lot to her.” Ji explained.

 

“I need to go. I don’t need another Nana nagging. You see?! Nagging and Nana suits together.” He added as he was about to leave.

 

“You’re too sweet for a boyfriend.” I shouted making sure he’ll hear my sarcasm on his way to the door.

 

Then I heard the door close.

 

“Okay! Another day of work. I just hope someone will be willing to work here.” I said to myself.

 


 

After a long day, I decided that I should have a ‘ME’ time you know. So I went to the R&B (rhythm and beat) club where we usually hang out. I didn’t bother to call the others because it wouldn’t be me time if I’m with my friends.

 

I like it here. It has a tight security and all the party goers are disciplined. So it’s not a bad thing to come alone here. The aftermath will be how will you go home if you’re too drunk. Hahaha!

 

“One long island iced tea please” I asked the bartender politely.

 

“Mojito please.” Said the guy who sat beside me.

 

“Hello. Last minute clubbing?” He asked.

 

This is actually normal when you’re in a club. Strangers talked like they’re friends. There goes my me time.

 

“What makes you say so?” I asked him.

 

He looked at me from head to toe. And he smiled. I must say this guy has some looks. Girls must also be lining up. Judging by the looks he seems like a model. I shouldn’t be trusting my judgment.

 

“That’s quite insulting.” I said as I get what he’s trying to say.

 

“Is shirt and jeans forbidden in a club right now? I pay here like everyone else.” I said irritated. See? He looks decent but he’s actually a jerk.

 

The guy just laughed and shook his head.

 

After what seems like a year, my drink arrived. I should go up to the second floor of the club so I can get away from this jerk.

 


 

“Apple Martini please.” I said barely holding up myself.

 

Going up and down from second floor is making me dizzy. This is probably my 5th drink for tonight. Like I said. It’s safe to be drunk here. And the part going home will be the worst.

 

“You can still drink in that state?” A guy asked me. Oh! He’s the jerk earlier.

 

“Y-yeeah!!” I yelled. He laughed.

 

“You’re annoying.” Way to go. Alcohol in my system means nothing but trouble.

 

“And you’re funny” He said smiling. He just found me amusing!!

 

“You’re liking this are you?” I glared.

 

“Yes.” He admitted and still looking at me amused.

 

“Here’s your drink miss.”

 

I’m about to grab my drink but that jerk just took it before I can.

 

“Hey! Thaaaaaaaat’s myyy ddriiiiiiiiink!!!” I’m about to grab it from him but he drink it in one go!! Unbelievable!!

 

“Yah!!!!! I paid fooooooooooor thaaaaat!” I protested and hit him on his shoulders.

 

I hit him so hard that I lose balance and was about to fall backwards.

 

“Hey! Be careful!” Just as I was about to fall. This guy who took my drink held me in place.

 

“You should stop drinking. You’re tipsy already.” He eyed me which I got conscious about.

 

“T-tthanks.” I said shyly. I know I look stupid and yeah he’s right. I need to be sane to go home.

 

“I’ll stay for a while to sober up.” I added.

 

“I’ll accompany you.” He offered.

 

“Thanks. But you can go now.” I try to shooo him away in a nice way.

 

“No. You might drink again.” He said.

 

“You’re not my guardian.”

 

“But I have a conscience. Who knows tomorrow I might see a news where a woman got coz of going home drunk from a specific bar.” He said animatedly.

 

“Yah! Take that back! You’re scaring me.” I got goosebumps. People should stop saying things like that.

 

“Sorry. Hahahaha! Now that should stop you from drinking.”

 

“Yeah! Yeah!” I just agreed not wanting to go on with this conversation.

 

“So what are you been up to?” He casually asked.

 

“Now were friends?” I sarcastically remarked.

 

“Won’t hurt to ask.” He stated coolly.

 

I sighed. Guess it’ll help to keep me sane for tonight.

 

“I’m a designer and just started up my own business.” I told him.

 

“Wow! Yours alone?” He asked interestedly.

 

“No. It’s actually a partnership between me and my best friend.”

 

“How’s the business doing?” He seems really interested.

 

“Are you into business?” I asked him back. I can’t be the only one story telling here.

 

“Sort of. But I don’t see an inspiration yet to pursue a career.” He said.

 

I nodded at this. These are people who have the luxury to stay jobless but get to eat trice a day. Seriously unfair.

 

“One of your strongest drink here please.” I said to the bartender.

 

“And don’t you dare stop me!” I said to the guy accompanying me.

 

“Here you go miss.”

 

I took the drink in one go. And just like the drink is gone so as my remaining will to stay sober.

 


 

“Wow!! I didn’t know you can level up that horrible look you’re sporting.” Said Ji after I set my foot on our shop.

 

“Shut up! I have a hangover.” I threw him my bag which he expertly caught.

 

“Ohh~ You didn’t tell me about drinking.” He said disappointedly.

 

“What’s the use of ‘me time’ if I have friends with me.” I stated

 

“So how’s your night? Got home safe?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. Things like this and that happened but I got home in one piece.” I said with disinterest not wanting to go over my unfortunate night.

 

As I was about to head to my working station I heard the door chimes indicating someone entered.

 

“Is the position for marketing assistant still open?” I heard a guy speak.

 

I turned around to see you wants to apply and conduct the screening myself.

 

“Annyeong! I’m Lee DongHae. I’m interested in applying.” The guy smiled and eyed me knowingly.

 

Strangely, he looks quite familiar.

 


 

 

Yay! For my 9 subbies ^_^

Hope you can drop some comments down there~~~

So? How's the update? Tadah!! I introduced Donghae

Sorry for the crappy update.. I'm a noob~~ mianheyo~~~~~~

This is it for now...

Til next update!

PS. if you find any typos or wrong grammars.. I'm sorry kyaaaak >.<

--- unknownkwon