93

Letters to Jessi

Merry Christmas, my love!

It’s time for one of my most favorite days of the year! All halls and streets are decked with lights and holly, angels (the stereos actually) are singing carols in the skies, a light snow is coloring the world an innocent white, the aroma of hot chocolate and gingerbread welcomes us at the doorway every home, and there is warmth from people’s joyous smiles and the exchanged hugs engulfing each and every one of us. Families are walking around, hand in hand, to visit other relatives, chattering excitedly all the while. Couples walk down the street with arms around each other, huddling against the cold, whispering soft sweet nothing to each other. The ground underneath Christmas trees may be laden with gifts, but the most valuable present of all is the presence of your loved ones around you.

Do you like the presents that I got you? You might have noticed by now that the scarf is a little crudely made. Well, that’s because I knit it by myself for you. I have been working on it for a few months now and those nights that I said I am going to sleep early instead of watching TV with you, I spent knitting in the guest room. It was my first time doing something like this but it didn’t turn out so bad for a first time right? (I know it’s bad, Jessi, but just say yes and please do not throw it away!) I wish I could see you wearing it one day. The red color is very pretty and it would look even prettier on you with your fair skin. The wool is also very soft and warm, and I hope the scarf could be a replacement for my hugs. I have even sprayed it with a bit of my perfume so that it will smell like me when you wear it and you will remember my love and dedication for you whenever you wear it. The flats, on the other hand, I bought from your favorite store. Your old shoes were destroyed when you ran away so I thought you would appreciate the new ones. People say that you should not gift shoes because then s/he will run away from you. I hope you won’t leave me behind anymore Jessi. And you don’t have to feel bad about not getting anything because I understand; it’s enough that you’re still here. You’re the best present you can give me and you’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, so please do not let anything change that.

Mimi-unnie and Leo-oppa came over yesterday while I was decorating our home. It has been a few months since they were back in Korea, when you were— anyways, I was really happy that they’re here since it has been a while since I celebrated Christmas with them. They said Daddy is going to come tomorrow as well and all three of them will be staying with me until New Year. I have finally cleaned out our guest room so that Oppa and Daddy can stay in there while Unnie rooms with me while they’re here. Jessi, I told you to clean up your room before moving into my room with me but you didn’t! You bad girl, now I had to waste the whole day doing that instead of baking Christmas cookies for you and our friends! You’re so lazy but you’re such a princess and I should have known better than to be ordering you to do something like cleaning your own room, right? Unnie and Oppa actually seemed happy that I didn’t bake the cookies. They still don’t trust me in the kitchen. I told them that I have learnt and I’m not as dangerous as I used to be. I mean we cooked for each other for a whole year and we still haven’t been poisoned, so that’s probably saying something. If you were here, I could have convinced you with a few puppy looks and sweet kisses all over your face, but sadly my siblings hate my aegyo. Unnie made Oppa take me Christmas shopping while she stayed behind to bake my cookies.

Of course I know what they all are doing. Oppa, Unnie, our friends, and even Appa. But how can I let them? How can I let you… be…? They are now all gathered downstairs, waiting for me.

I have to go now. Obligations stand. I hope you’re having a very merry happy Christmas too.

 

 

 

A/N: i know it's not Christmas yet, but oh well... i just wrote this and now im feeling a little angsty but oh well :D new year next time ^^ any special requests for plot?

comment, upvote, subscribe, spread the love!~~