66

Letters to Jessi

Jessi! Guess what happened today?

It snowed! The first snow of the year! And we’re together again! Uhh well, technically, in a sense I guess… How many first snows have we seen together? This is like our 5th? 5 times, 5 years in a row! And for 4 times, we are together and we went to go eat chicken afterwards to celebrate. Do you remember all that?

Oh and do you remember last year? We were supposed to be on a diet and you usually follow the rules (though people say you’re the princess who will do whatever you want) but you allowed me to drag you to sneak out in the middle of the night to eat chicken when it suddenly started snowing. You were so cute, acting as if you were a top secret agent while we tiptoed out of the dorm. And afterwards when we were hidden and free, you wouldn’t stop giggling at all! It was completely adorable, Jessi! I almost forgot that the excitement caused by the first snow because I was so happy that I finally get to go on a date with you. It didn’t matter that it was in the middle of the night (it’s not like we have other time anyways so any second alone with you is precious), or that it was about 2 degrees outside and I was sick (because you make me so warm and fuzzy inside whenever we’re together and I know that you will always take care of me). I was with you, together, alone, happy, in love.

This reminds me, I’ve said this before but this is why I was so happy when we finally decided to move out to live on our own, just the two of us. Of course, it was sad leaving the girls behind but it was like we finally took a new step in our relationship—one that has been overdue for quite some time now—and it allowed to be together which was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It’s sad though that it has only been eight months that we’ve been living in our new home and now you’re gone.

I tried to keep up the tradition. I ordered-in chicken but it didn’t taste as good as the ones I usually eat with you or with the other girls. Maybe it was because I wasn’t hungry, or maybe their chef changed, or maybe… it was just not the same without you here with me. Nothing is ever the same without you. Afterwards, I couldn’t sleep because I kept on thinking about you so I went out to buy a snow cone to eat. You always loved eating very cold stuff (ice-cream, frappes, snow cones) during winter when the water outside is turning solid. You said it makes you feel warmer afterwards. I am thinking that it’s like you. At first when we first meet, you seemed cold and unapproachable. Slowly, as I got to know you and learnt that you weren’t trying to hurt me, all those actions that used to annoy me became ones that I understand and treasure, ones that warm my heart. It actually felt cold though this year; my hands were numb after holding onto the cone all the way back home.

 All the scenery is so beautiful now. You would love it. So white, so soft, so calming yet exciting. The snow reminds me of you so much again (well, everything reminds me of you): so cold yet fragile, soft yet sometimes biting, and always so beautiful.  Also, snow melts, and baby you have melted for me. There is another similarity that has just occurred to me. Snow melts and then the water evaporates and disappears. Right now, weirdly saying, you’ve melted so I have got a puddle left. I hope you won’t evaporate away.

Today has been full of excitement and, as usual, of longing for you. I miss you so much, Jessi. I hope you saw the first snow. I hope you thought of me and thought of us, just like I did.

I’ll talk to you later again.

 

Tiff

 

 

A/N: hi guys! i was gonna update earlier but my friend took my usb and didnt give me back until like yesterday. and my usb had the only copy of this fic on it so i wasnt able to write :( was gonna upload this tomorrow since i just finished writing it, but i know that i'll b pretty occupied with jungsis project (who's excited for it cuz i totally am! eeeppp!!!) and with my friends. hope you guys liked this update.

comment, subscribe, upvote, spread the love~