Concede.

Wistful Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▍ ▎CHAPTER 8: Concede.

 

“ The door of yearning opens,             

Your memories came and found me...

...What to do now? “

-Time Spent Walking Through Memories, Nell

 

 

 ○ ○ ○

 

[ Baekhyun ]

Seeing Taeyeon-noona and Bomi together is just really plain disturbing. Every fiber of me were disagreeing to the idea of it. I don't even know why but it just simply ticks me off. Just recently, I found out Taeyeon-noona has been researching and asking stuff about me. Normally, I wouldn't complain. In fact, I would feel great and special. I mean, when someone takes an effort to get to know you that means you mean something to that person right? But when she kept on asking things that were off-limits, that was when I felt disturbed.

I don't even know why she was off-limits, why our history was off-limits. What is so special about it anyway? She even forgot all about it the moment she steeped into popularity. Those weren't special enough for her to be retained nor remembered. I wasn't special enough for her to be irreplaceable. So why?

Just when I thought things were going to be alright between the two of us, she suddenly takes an 180 degree turn and sweep me off my feet.

Earlier while we were on standby, we were on the side stage, observing and watching their group's performance. I was stuck with a debate of watching it on-screen or watching it live but they were too far for my eyes to handle so the former won. My eyes were glued to the monitor and I noticed my members' were too. Even Kai, who has never been interested in such things, was looking intently. By chance, did someone caught his eyes? Trying not to be too obvious, I turned my body and took a glance at him.The moment I did so, he quickly side-stepped and hid his self behind Suho-hyung. I tried to be unsuspicious, shaking the idea off and instead, teased Suho-hyung on his girlfriend's part.

"Ah, right. Monitoring your girl? I'm sorry I was blocking your view."

He emitted a soft laugh then patted my back while I playfully bowed and excused myself.

You all don't know this of course but amongst everyone in the group, I'm the one who knows the most about Suho-hyung and Chorong-noona. Whenever they would have fights and Suho-hyung would be frustrated, he would rant out to me and of course, I would listen and even give him advices at times. Suho-hyung may be someone who perfectly knows how to handle us guys but he's definitely lacking when it comes understanding women. Not that I completely understand women too, okay. I just had a few experiences before. Experiences which clearly don't involve Bomi since she left to be a trainee.

But anyways back to Suho-hyung and Chorong-noona, I'm always the one who gets to tease them. I don't know if anyone has caught me but back in 2013 (MAMA 2013 to be exact), we were sitting beside each other while the 2ne1-sunbaenims were taking the center stage and Suho-hyung had the greatest scare of his life. 

It was 2ne1's comeback stage and that was the first time everyone was hearing the song. Still, the melody caught to me and I was awed by their performance. I was silently admiring them when out of a sudden, the fans started to scream. (And when they do that, it was one-hundred percent sure because of their favorite group or 'bias' being flashed on the wide screen.) Interested on who it was, I looked up and felt Suho-hyung did the same. When my vision cleared and realized it was the APink-sunbaenims, I instantly snapped my gaze to them then back in his direction. I started singing the song. It fitted so well. The lyrics, 'geuriwohaeyo' (missing you), just fitted so well to be honest. They were struggling with their relationship that time and just the night before MAMA, Suho-hyung came ranting to me on how much he missed Chorong-noona. I rested my hand on his shoulder, firing my continuous teasing. Suho-hyung was smiling but I could tell he was getting uncomfortable. Everyone could see us from where we are so he was probably nervous that anyone might have caught on. Secretly telling me to stop, he placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it. Next came the meek shaking of his head. Laughing, I decided to drop it and focused on something else.

Seeing how the two are still going strong now, I couldn't help but feel jealous. I wanted to have a relationship as unbreakable as theirs.

Sighing, I shifted my attention back to the monitor. It was still in the midst of Hayoung-ssi's part but Chanyeol was already teasing me. He was sending me a mischievous look and I immediately laughed at the sight of it. He laughed as well and for a moment, we were just like that. I was feeling bouncy at the thought of Bomi's upcoming part and, Chanyeol and Suho-hyung laughed at me.

Soon came the awaited part and our eyes were immediately stuck to the screen. Chanyeol was pumping his fist while chanting 'Fighting' and I joined him in his craze by singing Bomi's high-pitched 'Eotteokke'.

It continued that way for the rest of their performance. Chanyeol would occasionally chant with the fans and even dance along to it—I caught him dancing to Bomi's 'Eotteokke' and I inwardly cringed on my spot—while I would look at the screen intently. Our manager appeared behind us but I was too occupied. I could hear them talking but I wasn't listening. Chanyeol was slowly nodding to whatever our manager was saying but I couldn't care less to respond. All I did was fix my gaze to the sparkling Bomi.

She changed. Both her personality and appearance did. Though she was still the shy and timid Bomi that I once knew, she wasn't like that on stage anymore. She was more confident now.

Her skills improved a lot too. She wouldn't even dare sing vocally challenging songs before but she would definitely sing any song now. I've came cross this one cover she and Namjoo-ssi did before and I was left awe-struck. I've never thought she could sing amazingly as that. Her dancing, if she was conscious of it before, she was definitely proud of it now.

And her appearance, the once careless Bomi was gone. She was taking skin care seriously. It was noticeable, with the flawless and spotless skin she has.

The past came flashing inside my mind and I found myself lost in a wistful reverie. If I could go back to what we had, I seriously would.

APink switched stages and moved upfront.

My gaze followed them, solely fixed on that one girl.

They were close to the end of their performance, dancing to the famous hip dance of 'No No No'.

I still couldn't take my eyes away.

I was yearnin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter