Vivid.

Wistful Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▍ ▎CHAPTER 2: Vivid.

 

“ I thought you would always be next to me." -시간이 달라서, Standing Egg

 

 

“Bbom-ah…”

I’m pretty much aware whose voice was that and what this confrontation will be all about. Still, I played the dumb.

“Mm?” I answered shortly after, while opening the cap of my water bottle, filling my mouth with water before silently gurgling. I paused then shifted my gaze onto hers and as the one playing dumb, gave her a questioning look.

 

". . ."

 

“You look really ugly.”

Seriously, Chorong-unnie? Seriously?

She laughed. My reaction must have said it all. “I’m kidding,” She managed to say in between laughs and I couldn’t help but inwardly sigh. That’s the typical Chorong-unnie right there so I’m used to it.

“Suho said…”

Here we go again.

“…Baekhyun’s been acting weird lately.”

I breathed in and out heavily before turning on my heel then continued walking. Still trying to be prim and proper, I bowed to every staff and co-idol I passed into, also sending out smiles in their direction from time to time.

I’ve been pretty much avoiding this topic ever since the Bacon debuted in the same industry.

I did what you all wanted me to. What more do you want?

I suddenly felt Chorong-unnie’s hand tightly wrapped around my wrist and tugged me into a stop. I would have complained but then she cut me out.

“Oh, annyeong haseyo.” She greeted and bowed politely. Her tone was more cheerful than the usual that I had to check if it was someone from our label or possibly, a senior.

When I turned back to see it myself, a large number of guys were already dipping their heads into a bow, causing me to do just the same. They all look familiar though. I just can’t put a finger on it…

“Chorong-ah…”

Oh, dammit. I know this voice.

After sharing a room with Chorong-unnie before, I always came in and slept to this voice on the loudspeaker of her phone. They have been long time… how do you call it? Phone pals?

In the first few months of their debut, our group and theirs managed to bump into a similar schedule. That’s when we all first met and as Suho-oppa quoted on one of their usual late night conversations— okay, you caught me red-handed. I was obviously eavesdropping and pretended to be asleep — that was also the time Chorong-unnie took his breath away. Few days after, fate took its part and we all met again. However that time, Suho-oppa, being the aggressive namja that he was, immediately grabbed the chance and asked for Chorong-unnie’s number himself. We were totally awestruck by his determination.

See… normally, idol stars wouldn’t have the will to ask other idol’s number themselves— especially if it’s from a senior. They’d usually make their managers do the dirty work but Suho-oppa did the unexpected and obviously, Chorong-unnie fell for this charm. A few more months of courtship then they eventually dated. They have been on and off though. Considering, fans have really keen observation and the word might have reached both companies causing the two of them to cool off. But no worries, they’re back in each other’s arms again now. Shh, you gotta keep this as a secret though or else, say bye-bye to the ship.

“Oh?” Chorong-unnie tucked in a few strands of her hair behind her ear as we straightened up.

Eish, lovey-dovey couple alert. Send SOS! I think I might puke—

“Great job. I happened to see your rehearsal and you’re doing a really great job.” He talked so softly that it was getting slightly inaudible.

I looked at the two of them, pressing my lips together to hinder myself from smiling widely. All the other boys seem to be doing the same too. Well, except for a few ones... like their maknaes, Kai and Sehun who were obviously teasing them from behind Suho-oppa, pulling out kissy faces and even hugging each other.

This caused me to laugh quietly, and for Chorong-unnie to shift her gaze and glare at me. I felt the hairs on my nape stand up. Suho-oppa, control your girlfriend please!

“Ah, thank you.” Chorong-unnie blushed a little as she bowed. “We caught a glimpse of yours too and you’re doing a great job. Congrats! I’m hundred percent sure you’d take home all the awards.”

“Ah…” Suho-oppa rubbed his nape, must be suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

“Shh!”

Suddenly, a voice coming from one of the boys hushed out s. It must be Lay’s. Given that he was practically glaring at Kai and Sehun and to everyone who abruptly stopped from laughing and tried to compose themselves.

“So…?” I broke the awkward silence. I need to go now, ASAP! Before that Bacon slip in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter