Stunned.

Wistful Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▍ ▎CHAPTER 3: Stunned.

 

“ I'm conscious of things that I've never done before, never seen before." -예쁜 속옷 , G.Na  

[ Bomi ]

“Is this really necessary?” I complained for the nth time this morning.

And for the nth time as well, I regretted opening up to my older sister.

“I thought you want to prove that Bacon wrong?” Sunmi squinted at me through my reflection in the mirror, her hands pausing mid-air as she added final touches to my face. “Okay,” She went on, ignoring my protests. “Forget about the Bacon. We’re doing this for your own good, okay. I am doing this because I am your sister and I care about you.”

“If you really care about me and you don’t want me to die, remove all these…” I stared at my awful reflection, my mouth twitching in pure disgust. “…stuff, I certainly don’t know how to call, and just let me be. I opened up to you just to let it off my chest! Not for you to… uh, do these!” In irritation, I threw my hands up and made random, excessive gestures around my face.

Seriously though. This wouldn’t have happened if that Bacon didn’t actually hurt my by saying that I act more like a guy. As a girl, and basically a human, I have feelings too okay! I know I’m exactly not someone who cares about my visual but please, let’s not forget the fact that I’m a girl. I like namjas! Though, I don’t show it.

Another ‘please’, it’s not my fault for having mostly guy friends! But it’s definitely their fault that I somehow grew up like this. Blame them for shoving soccer balls instead of pompoms to my hands and for dragging me along with them and their stupid games. Plus for some reason, girls don’t actually like me and they don’t want to be friends with me. So, why force myself? Blame them, okay?! Blame the cruel world!

“I didn’t even put that much makeup on your face. It all seems…” She leaned away, pinching my chin and forcing my head to tilt from side to side. Her eyes squinted for more as if she was scrutinizing a piece of artwork. “…natural to me!” She ended with a cheerful voice. Pretty much satisfied with her work.

“Yeah right.” I rolled my eyes. “Is growing out a sunflower just above the ear seem normal to you? I look like a dejected flower vase made in China!”

She laughed, now putting all her cosmetics back to her purse. “You look pretty.”

“I look fake! Like those queenka wannabes in school.” I grunted then stood up from my seat. I walked my way back to my bed and slumped myself down. It’s still early in the morning and I still have plenty of time to stall. Besides, I don’t really want to go to school looking like this.

“Trust me. You look very pretty.” After putting all cosmetics back, my sister hobbled her way towards me, sitting by my side and pushing a handful of hair back off my face. “Just this day, Bbom-ah. Just this day, mm? We’ll just see how your friends, especially that Bacon—,” She coughed a few times in between. “—react to this. No matter what the result may be, this would be the first and last time. I won’t push you to do any more of this in the future. We just have to keep the boys on their track and remind them of what they forgot.” She pulled the sunflower out of my ear, messing my hair in the process but her magical hands instantly waved its spell around me, fixing it in just a snap. I noticed she replaced it with a simple hair pin to smoothen out my hair. “That you are a girl.”

I heaved out a sigh then scratched my cheek. This is itchy.

“Fine.”

I heard my sister yelp and jump on her feet, soon shaking her in a celebratory dance.

I pushed her off my face, however, bursting into a series of chuckles.

“Now, I know you love my .” She suddenly grabbed me by the wrists and pulled me up. “But you should know that you’d be late if you don’t start making your way to school anytime from now, face. We don’t want to catch any more attention, don’t we?”

What—

Sending me a playful smirk, she then rushed her way to my desk and shoved my bag to me, pushing me out of my room, our house and to the road wherein my journey to embarrassment starts.

 

○ ○ ○

 

My hair was neatly braided on its roots, arching into a seemingly pretty hair band. The small pin was placed to secure its end. Its fake diamonds accentuated the pin’s design, a cute flower. It would sparkle whenever the sun kissed the accessory and I would be left in awe whenever I was blinded by it. The tips of my hair were slightly waved into a curl and my makeup, like what my sister said, wasn’t much. She only drew a simple, thin eyeliner on both eyelids with its ends slightly winged. She covered up my dark circles too. My skin looked flawless all in all and my small lips… I reached out to touch it. They were patched and dry the last time I checked but it was completely pinkish and moist now. I unconsciously it and tasted strawberry. Mm, out of all things my sister has done to my face, I have to say this has got to be the best. Should I put on lipstick more often? Don’t get me wrong. I’m only considering putting it on in a daily basis because of the strawberry. Seriously, this can be considered as an instant snack whenever I’m hungry.

I chuckled at my silly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter