Friday.

Wistful Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▍ ▎CHAPTER 6: Friday.

 

“ All day my heart rides on that clock hand,  

 Getting closer to you with each tick. “

-Friday, IU

 

 

 ○ ○ ○

 

      --------------------------------------------------- 06/03/014 Tue ---------------------------------------------------

백? It's been awhile... Can we talk? I need to
tell you something...
11:16PM ✓ 

                                                                                                         Oh, 뽐아... How have you been? 
                                                                                                                                              ✓ 11:25PM

                                                                                                                    Sure... when and where?
                                                                                                                                              ✓ 11:25PM

I've been alright. You?
Cool. How about this Friday? @ Dream Concert? Backstage.
11:26PM ✓ 

                                                                    Been busy.. and tired ㅠ we just wrapped up our concert.
                                                                                                                                              ✓ 11:53PM

                                                                                                                        Ok, copied. I'll be there.
                                                                                                                                              ✓ 11:53PM

   --------------------------------------------------- 06/04/014 Wed ---------------------------------------------------

Didn't you just have one last monday?
✓ 12:05AM

                                                                                                                         It's a two-day concert...
                                                                                                                                              ✓ 12:05AM

Oh....
✓ 12:07AM

It was hard on you, wasn't it?
✓ 12:10AM

I'm sorry...
✓ 12:10AM

I should let you rest now ㅋ Good night! See you on Friday..
✓ 12:15AM
 

○ ○ ○

 

[ Baekhyun ]

God knows how fast my heart beats whenever I re-read our conversation which, by the way, I may or may not have read for a hundred or maybe even thousands of times now. This was the first after such a long time. It was familiar yet very unusual.

I stared intently at the words written on the screen. Sorry... what was she really apologizing for? The idea that maybe she was interrupting my rest? Or, all those years she avoided me? It was hard on you... What was? The concert? Or the times I didn't have her by my side?

All those years I've thought I've known Bomi so well were now turning hazy. Everything seemed like a dream. So surreal, as if it never happened. I feel like I don't know her anymore. I can no longer depict what her words mean nor her actions. If she was the easiest person to read before, she was definitely the hardest person to understand now.

Heaving out a sigh, I tried to relax and threw my head back on the headboard of my seat. My phone, still in my hands but I chose to ignore it and close my eyes. Everyone was reasonably worn out, silent and frustrated today. It has always been like this ever since the day Kris decided to leave the group for good. We were all in the same pain, sharing the same pain rather.

I heard a set of heavy breathing beside me and I knew something was wrong again. I opened my eyes and turned to face a frowning in sleep Suho-hyung. His posture was in contrast of his soft and delicate features: stiff and undeniably uncomfortable. He was clenching both teeth and fists and for once, I thought he was holding something in. I stifled a laugh and Chanyeol, who was on his other side, stared at me weirdly.

"Hyung," I started and placed a hand on his shoulder, partly trying to ease, the other part to tease.

He opened his eyes and glared at me, already irritated. He's been like this for weeks now. Short tempered, sensitive and emotional.

I hesitated but nonetheless continued. "If you're planning to hold your pee in, I'm telling you... don't." I tried to be as serious as possible, holding my laughter in. Chanyeol, however, broke into a loud deep-voiced laugh and that was when I joined, still managing to splutter the rest of my joke. "Mapo-gu's probably still an hour drive away. Ah! Old people like you should take care of their bladders, you know."

Chanyeol offered me a high five and I gladly accepted.

The people at the front burst out laughing as well. The youngests being the loudests.

Suho-hyung hissed under his breath, clenching his fist tighter than it already was. "You—"

I totally made the wrong decision of messing up with him as not even finishing his words, Suho-hyung quickly leaped onto me and s his arm around my neck. The signature Jujitsu move Kyungsoo does to me whenever I bully him performed on that spot and all spectators (the other members) loved it to the extreme. They all laughed uncontrollably, clapping their hands or stomping their feet in the process. It was a huge chaos inside. I was slightly hurt but the hearty laughter from my members seem to mend my suffering. It sure does feel good hearing it after weeks of dampened moods and tiring schedules. Soon enough, Suho-hyung let go of me and I choked for air. The laughter slowly died down and was replaced by the soft smiles in their faces.

With clearer thoughts now, the decision I made wasn't actually that bad. If its price was to lighten up the mood and hear them laugh, and forget about that person who has been running in my mind fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter