Chapter 6

This is Earth?

The gang and I (minus Fang, he was at home) were currently located in a sewer that hasn't been used for decades. Luckily the water was clean, it's more like river water, there is even fish in it. On the not so lucky side it was like the horrible smell would be forever cemented into the walls. -insert cry face here-

These tunnels were being fixed and cleaned to be used for something, not sure what for, but I didn't care enough to ask. Some construction workers that were down here spotted a level three swimming through the water; they look like serpents and are about 30 feet long. Zane wanted us to go down here and check it out, which we happily accepted, needing the money. He even payed us early; however, that was because and I quote him, "I do not want to see you guys after you're down there, you'll smell like you've been in a sewer, oh wait you would have been." You have no idea how much I wanted to smack him at that moment.

"Ugh, it smell so bad down here," Zelo complained.

"It's probably because of you," Bree mumbled. Park and I, who were next to her, laughed.

"I heard that," Zelo snapped.

"You were ment to~," she sang. After a month of us living together everyone has gotten close, you would think we have known each other all our lives.

Not wanting to hear anymore of their spat I walked to the front of the group towards Himchan and Daehyun. "See anything yet, Himchan?" The light was dim down here so he was the only one that could see in to the distance.

"Nothing."

"I don't know how Himchan's eyes arn't burning with the combination of him keeping them open for long amounts of time and this stench." Daehyun said.

I chuckled, "I bet he could win a staring contest with a fish."

"Ha-ha, very funny," Himchan said.

There was movement in the corner of my eye and I looked over to see Youngjae sneaking up behind Daehyun. He pressed his finger against his lips to silence me. I quietly watched in curiosity on what this mischievous boy was going to do.

Youngjae snuck a little closer and yelled, "Daehyun! Look out!"

There were sidewalks (if that's what you would call them) on each side of the tunnels and when Daehyun zipped to the left he slipped and fell right into the deep water in between them. Everyone started laughing. While treading water he looked up at Youngjae with a blank expression and said, "There was nothing to look out for, was there?"

"Nope," he squeked because of laughing so hard.

"At least help me out," Daehyun sighed.

As Youngjae was walking over to him I noticed Bang and Jongup exchange a look. When he got closer the two ran forward and pushed him into the water.

Everyone burst in to laughter agian.

Youngjae came back to the surface, "okay, I deserved that."

The two soaking wet boys climbed out of the water. Daehyun pulled a fish out of his shirt. "Himchan, you can try that staring contest now."

 

We walked for a while longer, but stopped when we heard a weird sound.

"Everyone hears that, right?" Jongup asked.

"Yeah, what is that?" Park said.

Himchan's pink eyes widened and he responded with a shakey voice, 'It's water."

"What's bad about that?" Bang could sense Himchan's fear.

"Theres enough water filling up this huge tunnel and it's rushing towards us. If we don't move we'll be washed away or worse, drown."

"Run and look for a manhole out!" Bang yelled.

We ran as fast as possible, but the sound kept getting louder.

"Were not going to make it. Grab on to someone and don't let go of them," our leader said.

I latched on to Park and Bree.

Brace yourselves!" Bang shouted right before the water crashed in to us.

I felt my feet leave the ground and I tightened my grip on Bree and Park, they did the same.It wasn't just a quick wave that pushed you over, it was a continuous flow of water. Not being able to brethe I slowly started to lose consciousness and eventually I balcked out.

_     _     _     _

When I came to I groaned and started to cough up water. Park was a few feet away from me and Bree was on the other side of the tunnel. I crawled over to Park and gently shook her.

She began to cough, looked up at me, and then rolled on to her stomach with her face smooshed in to the ground.

That reaction made me a little worried. "Are you okay?"

"I am never going swimming again! NEVER!" Park yelled in to the ground.

She was fine.

On the other side Bree was standing up. She looked down at the water. "I'm drenched anyways," Bree mumbled as she jumped into the waster and swam over to us.

Park and I stood up. "Ready to go find the boys?" We nodded.

 

We walked for what seemed like forever because of the unchanging scenery and came up to a split in the tunnel. Everytime we reached one of these we had a hard time deciding whether to go left or right.

This; however, wasn't one of those times. Off to the right Daehyun, Jongup, anf Zelo were fighting the level three.

"I wanna play to!" I yelled, jumping into the fray and sent electricity through the water. The monster writhed in pain.

"Good to see you girls are okay," Jongup said while effortlessly doing a backflip to dodge it's swinging tail.

"Same to ya." Park flicked a knife into it's eye.

Zelo jumped off Daehyun's shoulder to gain more height and smashed his arm, which had been turned in to a mace, on it's other eye.

The level three screached and lashed out randomly because it was no longer able to see.

Bree slashed the beast with her sword that she had earlier laced with poison. The monster immediatly slowed down from the effects of the poison.

Daehyun punched the level three under it's jaw. The demon's head snapped up and within that same second Jongup was ubove the monster, kicking it back to the ground. The concrete cracked from the force of the beast smashing in to it.

"Well that was fun," Park said retrieving her knife from the dead monsters eye. "Yuck." She washed it in the water.

"You know, our teamwork has gotten a lot better since we first met, " Daehyun commented while brushing off the footprint Zelo left on his shoulder.

"Speaking of team, where's the rest of it?" I asked.

"I'll go look for them, stay right here." Daehyun ran off. After one minute he came back. "Found them."

Zelo laughed, "what took you so long?"

When we reached Himchan and Youngjae they shushed us. "What's going on? Where's Bang?" Park whispered.

"We saw three guys in suits walking down here which was kind of suspicious in our opinion so we followed them. The men went into this tunnel and I'm pretty sure it wasn't ever part of the sewer system." Youngjae said, pointing to the tunnel we were standing next to. He was right. It was a large like a large hole in the wall and it looked newer than the rest  the tunnels we've been in. "Bang told us to stay out here and keep watch while he follows them in there," he finished explaining.

"What's down there? It's so dark I can't see thing," Bree said.

Himchan's eyes turned pink as he stared at the dark tunnel. It leads to a room. There are huge stacks of paper everywhere, what looks like an operating table you would see in a hospital is in the center, some weird machinery, the three men we saw are crowded around a computer, and Bang is hiding behind some crates." He turned to us and opened his mouth to say more, but was cut off when shouting came from the tunnel.

"Who are you?" was followed by, " get him!"

Bang tore out of the tunnel, "oh good, you're all here. Now run!"

"Theres a manhole up a head!" Himchan informed seeing it before any of us.

Daehyun zoomed forward and pushed it open. One by one we climbed up and out, while Bang was at the back of the group shooting at the men who were hiding behind a corner to avoid his bullets. "Bang!" I yelled, informing him that we were all out. He started climbing and I shot bolts of lightning through the tunnel to keep the men from getting close to Bang.

Once he was out we started running and that's when I realised I didn't recognise these streets. "Where are we?"

"We must have traveled farther underground than we thought because were in the next town over from ours," Bree answered.

"Dang it, they're still after us." The men were a few blocks away. "Everyone get in that truck," Himchan ordered, pointing at the truck that was in front of us. "I'm gunna hotwire it and that will be out ticket out of here."

All of us started climbing on to the bed of the truck. I smiled when Bang grabbed Park and Bree and gently shoved them inside the truck saying, "ride in here with Himchan, you'll be safer that way." He's a gentleman even when were in danger.

He looked at me with a worried expression. "Don't worry. I'll be fine," I told him before he could say anything. The two of us were the last to climb on and he shut the tailgate.

"It's a good thing you suggested stealing this car," Zelo said.

"Why is that?" Himchan asked as the truck roared to life.

"Because those three men seem to have their own car!" Zelo answered.

They were driving down the road in a Jeep full of weapons and ammunition.

Himhan slammed of the gas cuasing all of us in the bed of the truck to fall in to a messy pile of people who wern't ready for the sudden jolt forward.

Those, well dressed, evil men kept on shooting at us as we weaved through the cars and streets; trying to lose them. None of us even dared to fight back out of fear of injuring an innocent person on the street.

"What the heck did you hear that makes them willing to kill us to keep it a secret?!" I asked Bang.

"It's kind of confusing, I'll tell you all when we get home," he said, shooting a round of bullets at them since we exited the city. There wasn't a single living creature out here that we had to worry about, it was basically a desert with a road in the middle.

Because of Bangs bullets their windshield shattered and on of that one of their tires popped, but they kept on driving.

"What are they about to throw at us?" Jongup noticed something in one of the mens hands.

Youngjae gasped, "that's a bomb!"

At the same time they threw the bomb I sent out a blast of electricity. The two collided and the bomb exploded, luckily it was far enough so all we got was some sand blown on us.

The two that wern't driving pulled out machine guns. Bang yelled out a warning to Himchan, Bree, and Park then we pressed ourselve as close to the floor as possible right before they started shooting.

When it stopped raining bullets we slowly sat up only to see another bomb hitting the ground a few feet behind us. The last thing I remember was seeing Zelo create a shield with his arm to protect us frm the blast as much as possible, feeling a sharp pain, and then everything went balck.


What was it that Bang overheard and why is it so secretive? Who are these men? Will B.A.P. and the girls be okay?

Sorry if I confused anyone with my writing cause I confused myself.