Chapter 4

This is Earth?

After coming up short we decided to split up again. Bang, Daehyun, Park and I began searching the houses while Zelo, Himchan and Youngjae went out on the streets.

"This is the 5th house we've been in, it's probably long gone by now," Park sighed.

"Yeah," I said avoiding a gaping hole in the floor. We were currently located on the second floor and Bang and Daehyun were downstairs. "Hey, looks like these stairs lead to the attick, want to check up there?" I asked.

"Sure."

We climbed up the stairs and only a few seconds later there was a loud "CRACK!" The both of stopped dead in our tracks. "What was that?" I choaked.

She looked at me wide eyed, "I think it was the floor. We probably shouldn't-AHHH!" We both screamed as the floor gave way. Of course it couldn't have been a small fall to the next level, OH NO, we fell right through that large hole I had avoided earlier straight down to the main level. There was a loud thud as I became one with the earth.

I groaned, "Holy mother of poptarts that hurt."........ Wait, why was there only one thud and not two? Rolling to my side I saw Park in Bangs arms. "You caught her and not your best friend?!" Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Park was ok. I would rather it be me that got hurt and not her. I was just ticked off because I knew he didn't even think about my saftey.

"Sorry," He said, sounding more amused than apologetic.

"Remind me to kill you later."

Just then Daehyun walked into the room. "Whoa! What happened?"

"We fell," I said pointing at the hole in the ceiling.

He looked back and forth between those two and me. "So, Bang caught Park while the ground caught you?" He guessed.

"Yep"

"What great friends you have," Daehyun laughed, helping me up.

"I know, right?"

As we walked out of the house to move on to the next one we saw Youngjae, Zelo, and Himchan running towards us. "Change of plans," Youngjae breathed. "We saw a few more bodies and I examened them. There were no signs on any of them that the monster we have been chasing attacked any of them, it was something else," He explained.

"Then what was is?" Park asked.

"That," Himchan replied pointing up.

Everyone looked up and saw a level two circling us as if deciding who would be the tastiest snack. I will explain to you what level two's look like, imagine a pterodactyl now imagine a pterodactyl from your nightmares. If it was twice as big compared to its normal size, had actual teeeth, red eyes (like all monsters), and long talons you would be right.

Bang grinned, "let the games begin." Then he shot a couple bullets into the air.

When the beast dove down we all scattered. Daehyun grabbed its wing before it could fly back up and swung around flinging it into a wall. The level two screached in pain and flew up into the air.

I blasted electricity in the same spot in the monster's stomach where its bullet wound were. It recoiled a bit and then dove down once again. The beast was heading straight towards me, but took a suprise turn and snatched Park up into the air.

We watched in horrer as the both of them flew higher and farther away from us. As we chased after it I could see Park squirming. She was finally able to grab her knives and she slashed upward. With each swing she made the monster's grip loosened. When she threw the knives that was the finishing blow. They both dropped out of the sky and there was no way any of us, besides Daehyun, were going to make it to her before she became a Park pancake. Daehyun raced ahead, I wasn't sure if he would be okay catching 120 pounds plummeting towards earth by himself, but he seemed determined to make it work.

At the same time he took off the demon dog we were chasing earlier came out of no where and jumped off the the roof of a house to perfectly catch Park in mid-air. They landed saftely and she was sitting on its back looking absolutly terrified.

Daehyun made it over there and whisked her protectivly away. "Are you alright?" I heard him say.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up."

Then we arrived and warily watched the demon to see what it would do next. It bounded over and I froze when it stopped in front of me. The beast started acting like a real dog, it grabbed a stick, drpped it at my feet, bent down, and began wagging its tail. Very confused/nervous I slowly picked the stick up and threw it. The demon ran after it and once again dropped it at my feet. This cycle was repeated for a while and I said, " I just have to say, this is the weirdest thing I have ever done."

"Interesting, it doesn't act like a monster it acts like a normal dog," Youngjae said. I could practically see the gears working in his brain on why this was.

"Since the level two is dead and that thing Axel is bonding with seems to be as dangerous as a butterfly our job is done," Himchan said. "Should we go collect our pay?" Everyone agreed and started walking.

To finish off my weird experience I said a goodbye to the demon as if it could understand me, and went after the group.

No one had even noticed the demon dog was following us until a few minutes later. No matter what we did on the walk to the onganaization's building, try to lose it or make it lose interest in us, the beast kept following. Half way through the walk Zelo deemed me the cause of this because I played with it, which I couldn't argue with.

When we got to the building Bang and Park went inside to get the money from Zane because he was the one who gave the job while the rest of us waited outside. Even the demon sat next to me and waited.

"So," Himchan started. "Bang and I were discussing on our way here and wanted to know if you would like to live with our group since you no loger have a house." He addressed Daehyun and Youngjae.

They looked at each other and smiles crossed their faces. "Are you sure?" Youngjae asked.

"Of course. We have plenty of room and all of us get along, so why not?" This may seem like a risky decision, but when you have life or death experience with someone you become close pretty fast.

"That would be awsome, thanks." Daehyun said.

The two returned and handed out an equal amount of cash to everyone. We talked to Park about staying with us and she immediatly agreed. On the way home we gave up on getting rid of the demon. The day ended with us gaining three new teammates and a dog.