Chapter 7 - “OH MY GOD, JENNY PARK! I’VE FINALLY FOUND YOU!”

Sweet Little Somethings...

Bom took a peep outside and caught him on the spot.

“OH MY GOD, JAEBEOM?!”

“JENNY PARK?!”

They shrieked before chorusing out, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”

Jaebeom sighed as Bom took a step nearer to him. “Let…let me calm down, mkay?” she took a sharp intake of breath before speaking once again. “What are you doing in my house?”

His eyes widened in deep shock. “Your house? Excuse me? The ahjumma here had an agreement with me already! This is my house!”

Bom, too, had her eyes so gigantically, like two big and juicy oranges. “Oh, God! YOUR HOUSE?! Ha! You must be kidding me! YOU MUST BE JOKING ME! Well, if you are, IT’S NOT FUNNY.” said the lady, crossing her arms.

Jay rubbed his temple, attempting to calm himself down and afterwards speaking, “Fine, it’s your house…I’ll just go sleep somewhere ‘sleep-able’ here…” he said, his voice drowning in sadness.

Bom sighed deeply as he saw his back slowly leaving away. “WAIT! You can’t! I—“

“I can’t…what?” he had cut her sentence.

“W-well…Y-y-you can’t go anywhere…It’s…IT’S AGAINST THE LAW!” she blurted out and smacked her head once she realized what she said.

The man froze to his soles and burst into laughter like a maniac.

“What’s so funny?” Bom scratched her head in utmost confusion.

A seductive smirk landed on Jay’s lips as he cornered her to a wall and placed a hand beside her.

“Admit it, you still like me, huh?”

Bom gasped in total shock as he leaned closer…

And closer…

AND SO MUCH CLOSER…

Until…

It was until she let go of his grip and ran away, a pair of eyes shedding tears as she scurried like an ant.

Jaebeom scuttled, chasing her to infinity. He couldn’t control his emotions for her. He still loves her dearly and had never forgotten her. It was due to his dream that caused their break-up.

Flashback: December 27, 2008

Jay rushed to Bom who was sitting at the couch.

“Bom-ah! I passed the audition! I passed JYP! Isn’t that great?!”

His girlfriend jutted her lower lip out and crossed her arms. “No…”

“Wait…WHAT?!” he yelled out, standing up.

Jenny looped her arms around him. “It’s not great because you’re going to leave me.”

The guy laughed at her innocent silliness. “YAH! I’m not going to leave you! I ain’t leavin’ my baby girl here!” he said in English.

She sighed, plopping onto the couch which the both of them found as soft as a cloud.

“But, when you become a trainee there, you’ll be meeting lots of girls and all those and you’ll just remember me as that nerdy Jenny who lives around the block…” Bom muttered.

“Hey, I told you, I am NOT leaving you…You’re coming with me back to Seoul, mkay?”

His girlfriend burst in tears, her make-up smudged and smeared.

“You can’t bring me to Seoul! You’d be distracted with your work and I’m afraid you’ll fail your trainee years because of me. And besides, I still need to pass this exam. It’s important to me…” she whispered the four last words softly.

“But, Jenny, I—“

Bom inhaled deeply before stating, “No buts, Jay. Is it me, or JYP?”

Jaebeom’s eyes grew as wide as oranges. “You’re going to make me choose you over JYP?”

“Just answer my ing question, Jay! ME OR JYP?!”

He hasn’t seen this side of Bom yet. She was usually all cutesy and fun-loving. And her thick-framed glasses made her more sweeter in terms of appearance. But, this wasn’t the Jenny he knew. She…it feels so different.

“Jenny, I don’t want to leave you but thi—“

“Just…Stop. I-I…I don’t need your explanation. I know I have no right to stop you from achieving your dream. Good luck with your career, Jaebeom…”

She stood up as he watched her leave out the door, sobbing and weeping forlornly. He was going to say that he doesn’t want to leave her but this dream was threatening him so he made a decision that he should just stay with her. But, why can’t she give him a chance to tell it all?

Well, in the end, he was forced to choose his dream and he left Bom for US. A few months passed and Jay fell ill due to over fatigue and lack of meals during the day. He tried to endure it but every time they go for a heavy rehearsal, he would faint. Life was hell for Jaebeom. It was like witnessing the sun rise with no sun, like a world with no cookies. I mean, I think no one would ever survive in this cruel place we live if there are no cookies! Am I right, or am I correct? Back to the topic, Jay had flown back to Korea only to know that Bom had also pursued her dream, which was studying law in Harvard. Being the sick love puppy, he followed every step she took without her knowledge and prayed that she would be safe every second and that she would enjoy her meals perfectly. He didn’t want her to get sick as he had been before so he asked his friends, who are also friends of Bom, to accompany her through struggles.

I guess Jaebeom did a great job, judging on what Bom is now.

---------

“JENNY! PARK BOM-AH! WHERE ARE YOU?!”

He ran to the side, and walked to the park, and used the lift, and jumped the stairs, but to no avail, she wasn’t there.

“BOM! I’M SORRY! I SHOULDN’T HAVE SAID THAT! PLEASE COME BACK!”

He knew he did wrong and he knew he needed to apologize. But, all this worry and guilt makes him so nervous. Where could Bom be?

Meanwhile with Bom…

He was such a meanie. How could he tell me those words! What if I don’t love him anymore, huh? Does he want me to say that to him? And what if I still love him? Should he care about it? I was running in circles in hopes that Jay doesn’t find me. God, I hate him for that.

I HATE YOU, PARK JAEBEOM.

So, as I was walking and ambling and strolling around like a maniac, I stumbled into a big rock (which I didn’t knew that it was there), causing me to fall down and have a massive sprain on my right foot. IT WAS PAINFUL AS HELL.

I screamed out like a pig. It was so freaking painful, I tell you. It was as if my foot ran to a blade and was glued back and chopped again and glued…Well, I guess you know how the cycle goes.

There I was, all plopped down to the ground, scrambling for dear help. It was until I found him, the same Prince Charming from last week. He was even more handsome as of now. Our eyes met, and our hands touched. Oh, it was like a dream!

“Miss…Are you…okay?” he asked as he pulled me gradually.

I couldn’t answer. He was just so damn perfect that all I could manage to say was, “Ah…Umm…Oh…”

Well, since my foot is still aching, of course, I just fell on the floor back again.

He didn’t speak a word but instead carried me to the hospital. God, why do I have to trip on that rock? Ugh, I feel so dumb…

As we got to the hospital, he asked for a wheelchair and dropped me by the moving apparatus. A while later, he talked to the doctors and I was rushed to the emergency room where they place ointments and bandages on my foot. It was quite funny that I get so much attention from this. The nurses were like ants, running and jostling for my Louboutin-wearing foot. I guess it took thirty minutes to an hour before they finished it.

I was finally laid on the hospital bed in my ward where I was to stay for three days. And that’s the least number of days. The doctor advised that I should be quarantined for a week but since I still have no job, I can’t afford these hospital bills! But, I did eavesdrop on the conversation of Mr. Savior guy and the receptionist and he stated that he would be paying the bills.

I was forced to agree when he spoke to me about that matter coz this cast won’t be healing if I would depart the hospital which would get me stuck with the reason to all this mess, Jaebeom. My thoughts of how to kill revenge to Jaebeom were interrupted with a knock.

---

“Come in!” Bom said, fixing the blanket over her mile-long legs.

She heard a guy clearing his throat before closing the door. It was Mr. Savior.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Seunghyun-imnida.” he stated, his hand jutted out in the space between them.

Bom bowed back in respect before taking his hand for a shake. “Nae, Annyeonghaseyo, Park Bom-imnida.”

His heavenly smiled brought her to dreamland. “Sorry for a while ago. I’m quite…clumsy.” she broke the ice.

“It’s okay, Ms. Bom. Certain things happen to people…You have to be safe, especially at night.” Seunghyun commented.

“Ah, yeah…”

“Please tell me, Bom-ssi…What is the reason to this accident?”

“Well, it’s beca—“

“OH MY GOD, JENNY PARK! I’VE FINALLY FOUND YOU!”

Bom and Seunghyun had their eyes widened.

------

Hey, guys! It's been so long since I've updated. MIANHAE!

I'm still at Singapore and I left my laptop at the other house since we went to Sentosa and Universal Studios and all...It was absolutely wonderful. In the plane, I was even surprised with a beautiful cake!

So, do COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! What do you think of the mysterious guy who screamed out at the last part?

 

--AJ.