Chapter 10 - “Because…”

Sweet Little Somethings...

Dongwook pushed her to the end of the place where a line of nutcracker-dressed men waited for them, their swords up and pointed to each other’s point, making it look like a roof. As they walked (Or should I say rolled, in Bom’s state), under the swords, tiny snowflakes fell on Bom’s petite nose. At the end of the sword-roof thing, there was another gingerbread man house waiting for them. Se7en opened the door and Bom’s eyes widened so big that it looked like her eyes were gonna pop out.

“D-Dongwook...W-wha—“

“Surprise, Bom!”

Her eyes were so amazed at what she was witnessing. Sprinkled cupcakes, chocolate-drizzled cakes, towers of sugared candies, rainbow and unicorn cookies, name all you want, everything’s in there! Even the ceiling was decorated with baby pink and blue bunches of cotton candies that act up as a cloud. The walls were adorned with different-colored wallpapers and there was a pyramid of corn-flavored chewy candy in a corner. Even the tiles were tinted as if they were in candy-land.

It was like fantasy but there was one thing that struck Bom to the soles of her feet. There was a bouquet of flowers lying on the tabletop near the so-called corn pyramid. They were not just ordinary flowers, they were irises, purple to be specific. But why was Bom so overwhelmed with it that it caused her to prioritize the thought? Well, there was a story about irises and Dongwook and how he used to give it to her in the olden times. It’s a long story, but here’s how it went.

It was a year after they met that Dongwook had been following Bom around. They had developed into great friends, great enough that they know their own likes, dislikes, strengths, and weaknesses. Se7en decided that he should go undercover and astonish his friend with a nice surprise so he got a bouquet of flowers and place a note on each of the stem of the thirteen blossoms. He gave one to her each day, not giving any clue to her that it was him who gave her. He would simply place the gift on her table, and sometimes, he slides it in the mail hole on the door.

Each note was composed of cute quotes that would definitely cheer her up. During the thirteenth day, instead of a piece of note, he attached a love letter onto the last iris and was about to give it to her personally. Dongwook was supposed to confess his true feelings for her face-to-face but on that very moment, they did meet in their usual spot at the same time they agreed, but there was someone with her. Jenny introduced the young gentleman as her boyfriend, which came to be her ex-boyfriend and current neighbor, Jaebeom Park. In other words, Se7en never had the chance to confess to her…

Yet.

“Hey, Bom? You…okay?”

Back in the real world, Bom was almost jerking a tear due to the feeling of care she receives from her friend. She was so touched with the surprise he had prepared and had hugged him in return.

“Oh, Dongwook! This is just wonderful! You don’t know how much I appreciated this!”

As they pulled apart, Se7en blushed in utmost shyness and turned around to get the flowers.

“Here you go, Bom.” he handed the flowers to her.

She smelled the fragrance and a light smile landed on her luscious lips. “Ah, irises…I love these!”

They took a tour of the ‘candy-castle’ and after that, they headed outside. Well, Se7en headed outside. Bom said that she absolutely needed to take a piece from the corn pyramid. Moments later, she went out too, still sitting on her wheelchair. Dongwook ran to assist her and proceeded to push her in a strolling speed.

“This is nice, don’t you think? The weather’s great.” complimented Jenny as she gazed at the irises.

“Yeah…Oh, I almost forgot to tell you this. I saw a shooting star while you were away. It was fantastic!” exclaimed Dongwook with glee.

“Really?” her eyes gleamed amidst the dim and gloomy park.

“Yep, just now, actually.” he replied back, a sly smile resting on his mouth.

“I can’t believe I missed it. Then, did you make a wish?” Bom’s hands were clasped, hoping that Se7en would tell her his wish. (LOL, Sowoneul, Malhebwa!)

“Mm, no. I didn’t wish on it.”

Jenny had a scowl on her face upon hearing the answer she didn’t expect to come from his mouth.

“Are you dumb? Why?!”

He took a deep breath and afterwards, knelt a knee before her, his chocolate eyes staring into her soul.

“Because…”

He leaned in closer to her until their faces were just inches away from each other. Bom had her eyes closed, thinking he was going to kiss her but instead, he whispered ever so softly and gently in her ear.

“It’s because my wish is right here in front of me.”

Bom froze.

-------------

“Aish, where is she?”

Jay rolled to the left side of his bed, then the right, then rested on the middle, until he fell on the floor.

“I remember, she’s still at the hospital.”

He slapped his forehead and got back to bed.

‘Is she sleeping already? Has she eaten yet? Did she take the right medicines today? Are her feet recovering?’

Thoughts of her ran endlessly on Jaebeom’s mind. He was worried; too worried that he actually got the courage to dare to spy on her even if visiting hours were nearing to a finale. After all this insomnia, he got up, wore his fuzzy bunny slippers, took a sleeveless V-neck from his closet (Imagine how he sleeps with no shirt!), fixed his plaid pajamas, took his favorite varsity jacket, and went off for a visit to Bom’s ward. The streets were astoundingly silent and only a numbered cars passed by the road. Jay was still walking, his slippers making squeaky sounds as he take a step at a time.

“Damn, why did I not change these?” he cursed the slipper and stomped angrily, making the squeak sound louder and longer that it made him get irritated more.

As he was walking, he noticed a black Ferrari heading towards the same hospital. The guy inside the car seemed to be familiar but since his ex-girlfriend was taking over his mind, he chose to ignore the thought. He got into the hospital grounds and was about to enter the main building but from is peripheral vision, he saw a wheel-chaired lady with locks of orangey hair hanging from the mobile chair being pushed by a guy he had sworn he had seen before. And from another corner of his eye was a suited guy with such tall height and striking looks. It seemed as if he was the guy from the car moments ago. Again, he shook off the thought and followed the wheel-chaired girl suspiciously until they were just a few distances away. The girl had turned around, revealing her true identity, Park Bom. Jay was about to rush to her but the tall guy from a while ago had ran next to him unknowingly and bumped Jay, causing him to fall on the hard ground.

“Ouch, that hurts!”

He offered a hand and lifted him up. “Wait, aren’t you the one who saved my ex-girlfriend?”

The man chuckled. “Aren’t you the crazy, maniac, ex-boyfriend of hers? Anyways, I’m Seunghyun. I guess you know me already.”

“Well, it’s not nice to meet you, then. My name’s Jay.” Jaebeom uttered as he crossed his arms.

“What brings you here, again?” Seunghyun asked, taking peeks at the people Jay’s eyes were casted to.

“I’m gonna visit her, now will you excuse me, I need to talk to Bom.”

Seunghyun stepped away from his way and when he was about to approach her, the two had witnessed the dreadful (according to both Seunghyun and Jaebeom) scene between Bom and the guy she was with.

The man had kneeled down and leaned closer to her face. Since they were still a bit far away, they couldn’t see what was really going on that they thought the lad had kissed her.

“DID THAT MAN JUST KISS BOM?!”

------------

Heeeeeey! Haven't updated since who knows when. Anyways, did Se7en just confess to Bom?

Well, here's the scoreboard.

Jay gets one point coz he gets to be neighbors with Bom. (Make that two, he actually had a kiss from Bom, too.)

Se7en gets an unknown point since we're still waiting for our Princess' response.

And Tabi gets a point for saving Bom.

LOOOL! Jaebeom's in the lead. Let's see who's gonna win this game of love. Tune in the next chappies! Tabi's gonna get involved greater now that the ex-boyfriend and the married man had met already.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! If I get lots of comments, I might be able to update you guys with another chapter since we have a one-week off from school. Holidaaaaays! <3

Thanks to all the subbies too! I love my Jelly-Aces! You guys are simply the best!

Let's keep the TopBom flame burning and alive~!

 

--AJ. ;")