Chapter 7

Come In

Chapter 7 :

Faerie

 

 

“Oh freaking hell. I forgot about Sehun!” Baekhyun was eating a slice of pizza when Sehun suddenly popped in his head. The whole purpose of going out that night was to look for Sehun but then Taeyeon appeared and showed him some things that he still doesn’t understand fully. He chewed and swallowed with the speed of light and was about to run out of the house when someone grabbed him by the arm and pulled him.

                                 

“Yah!” Baekhyun turned, irritated but his facial expression changed quickly when Sehun’s bored face was what he saw. Baekhyun tried opening his mouth, he wanted to cry, and he knows he can, but his whole system stopped functioning for a moment. Literally. Maybe because he was nervous, and then surprised by seeing his cousin alive and safe.

 

“Where do you think you’re going, hyung?” Sehun asked, eyebrow raised and his expression challenging. But Baekhyun didn’t answer, he chose to envelope Sehun in a hug instead.

 

“I’m so thankful you’re okay. I thought something bad happened to you last night so I went out but then Taeyeon noona, she… she showed me some things and I passed out so I couldn’t get to you. But then you’re here now, how?” Confusion was written all over Baekhyun’s face. It was obvious that he’s not following everything that’s happening around him.

Sehun wanted to say something. Baekhyun knows he does. But then the younger closed his mouth and shook his head, making Baekhyun more confused.

 

“I really don’t know it myself, hyung. One moment an assassin was pointing a dagger at me so I closed my eyes, wishing that Luhan hyung will be safe even after I’m gone, but when I opened my eyes, I’m in Park Chanyeol’s house.”

 

That’s what happened to me as well, Baekhyun wanted to say. But in the end, he decided against it. He doesn’t know what’s happening but he’s sure of one thing, someone or something is protecting them, watching them and keeping them safe from other creatures.

 

“But where’s Luhan? And why was there an assassin?”

 

“He’s in Chanyeol’s room. He’s not yet waking up and I… I seriously don’t know what to do. In the middle of the night, someone knocked on our door and Luhan, being the way he is, opened it without thinking twice. It was then that someone tried to stab him, thankfully I blocked him from the attacker.” Sehun seemed weak. Baekhyun understood why. It was unusual for Sehun to feel like this. He may be thinking that he didn’t protect Luhan enough. He might be thinking that he’s not even worth the duty.

 

“I think you need to rest, Sehun-ssi.” Kyungsoo was there all the time, watching the two people—vampires—converse. He was feeling a little sorry for them. They’re facing these kind of problems even though they did nothing wrong. They only wanted to be free, so what’s the big deal? They shouldn’t be experiencing these. By the looks of it, Sehun is young. He looks younger than him and Jongin. He may be a vampire and his age might be hundreds or so, but Kyungsoo doesn’t see it that way. Sehun still has a side that’s fragile, and Kyungsoo can see that whenever he’s with Luhan or Baekhyun. Maybe Sehun only trusts those two but Kyungsoo want to prove him wrong. He cares about them.

 

“But I need to—”

 

“No Sehun. Kyungsoo’s right. You need to rest.” Baekhyun said, looking very worried. Sehun looked like he was about to say something more when Baekhyun pushed him away, “Go away and die for the mean time.” Baekhyun added, grinning.  Sehun smiled and shook his head at his hyung’s sweetness before walking away and probably, taking a rest.

 

When all alone, Kyungsoo decided to approach Baekhyun who is still looking at Sehun’s previous position. His gaze was too far away and Kyungsoo pretended to cough to get his attention. When he heard that, Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo, confused.

 

“Baekhyun, I think you also need to rest.”

 

“What? I just did a while ago. I just woke up remember?” Baekhyun tried his best to not sound like a . He knows Kyungsoo well enough for him to know that it’s never a good idea to make Kyungsoo mad and irritated unless you want bruises to add color to your body.

 

“No. I mean, like really rest rest. You look paler than usual.”

 

“Of course I’m pale. I’m a vampire, Kyungsoo.” I will not roll my eyes at him. You will not roll your eyes and look like a , Byun Baekhyun, he told himself as he stare into the deep gaze of Kyungsoo’s eyes.

 

“Stop ting me, Baekhyun. You know what I mean.” It was Kyungsoo who rolled his eyes. It was weird because his eyes were big but it looked cute more than terrifying so Baekhyun wasn’t really intimidated.

 

“No, I don’t.” Then Baekhyun flashed an innocent smile, one telling that he really is clueless. But that obviously doesn’t work on Do Kyungsoo’s big eyes. He observes things and emotions of people – and vampires – very well.

 

“Fine. Go on with being a jerk. I can’t do anything about that anymore. Just don’t die again.” Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, trying to hide the emotions that are stubborn enough to show themselves. He might look tough and strong because of his outer personality, but he really cares for Chanyeol and his friends deep inside him. He doesn’t want to see them hurt, and if he had power, those s trying to hurt them would’ve been dead right now.

But Baekhyun knows it. He knows the real Kyungsoo and he appreciates his efforts of being concerned but he knows whatever happening to him is related to what Taeyeon showed him. Well, it’s not that clear yet and he’s not sure what that vision means.

Maybe the witch Yuri can help him? If only he could find her, then maybe he will know something. He needs to talk to Taeyeon’s soul again. What he knows isn’t enough.

Kyungsoo soon turned his heel to leave. Maybe he’ll go to Jongin, but right now that’s not really Baekhyun’s concern. He may be tired and wasted but he needs to know why. There are a lot of whys that needs an answer. His life – death – is just so ed up that he doesn’t know where to start looking.

 

But maybe, destiny is not really in favor of him right now.

 

As Baekhyun was thinking about how to contact Taeyeon again, a loud knock – more like banging – was heard from their door. He tried knowing who’s at the other side of the door, but he can’t. The people behind the loud banging is surely not normal. His mind reading powers were blocked from that person’s mind and he was hesitating to open it when Chanyeol came down from the stairs, looked at him, and then at the door.

 

“Why aren’t you opening it?” The taller asked. There were bags under his eyes and he looks thinner than the first time Baekhyun had seen him, and that made him feel a little guilty.

But then Chanyeol – stupid as ever – opened the door.

The next thing Baekhyun knew, the latter was flying across the living room, his back hitting the cold concrete wall.

 

*****

 

“Yah Kim Jongdae! You don’t know where we’re going, right?” The male – short and a little chubby, but cute – asked his friend with pretty lips and cheekbones who was holding a map.

 

“Of course not! I’m pretty sure we’re in the right place.” The cheekbone guy – one named Kim Jongdae – told his friend confidently.

 

“Oh really? Then why are you holding that freaking map upside down?” Jongdae suddenly stopped. , we’re really lost, he thought. But of course he never let his friend noticed that he himself is in panic.

 

“Don’t worry, Minseok. We’ll get there, I think we just need a little more time and a lot of endurance to trace our steps to go back and—”

 

“Aish. You’re such an idiot. It’s starting to get dark. We need a place to stay right now.” After hitting Jongdae hard enough, Minseok decided to lead this time. He doesn’t trust Jongdae anymore to let him lead the way again.

Behind him, Jongdae pouted like some kind of duck. But Minseok didn’t care. He had enough of his friend’s stupidity. They need to reach their destination in three days or else, Jongdae will not be able to debut, and Minseok wouldn’t want that.

Ever since Jongdae was a little kid, he dreamt of being a famous singer. He wants the world to hear his voice, he wants the people to know his thoughts and ideas, and He wants people to finally see him as someone. So when two years ago, when someone finally noticed his talent and asked him to be trainee under a popular music entertainment, Minseok was the one who encouraged his friend. Even when there were times when Jongdae wants to give up his dream, Minseok will always be there to hit his head and support him.

Jongdae always tell him that there was once a hyung who sang with him and he wants to sing with him again. He wants to find him if possible. “Maybe once I’m famous, he’ll recognize me and he’ll remember me.” Jongdae says, but Minseok knows that it will not be easy for him. But still, he encourages him.

But sometimes, Jongdae is just so stupid and Minseok wants to bury him alive but he can’t.

 

 

“Minnie~ I think I dropped my wallet somewhere.” Jongdae said, and that made Minseok froze on his tracks.

 

Oh .

 

Right now, he really wants to strangle his friend to death.

 

*****

 

“You failed?” Yixing’s master asked when Yixing finally returned home with few cuts and bruises. He told him what happened and how his target disappeared along with his vampire friend. But his master doesn’t really care. He was just surprised at the fact that Zhang Yixing failed.

 

“My apologies, master. But it seems like the target was being protected not just by warlocks and witches’ magic but also from—”

 

“No excuses. I don’t want to hear anything from you. Whatever’s protecting him should not stop you. You were ordered to kill him and you should kill him. Or else, you can say goodbye to your lovely mother.” At the mention of his mother, something inside Yixing burned with fire. He doesn’t know why. Maybe because of anger? Maybe because of determination? He doesn’t have a clue.

 

But right now, he’s sure of one thing, he will kill his target no matter what.

 

*****

 

“A faerie? Are you ing serious?” Tao’s jaw almost dropped to the ground after Junmyeon told him what he knew. He just came home after attending a meeting called by their clan leader and that’s where Junmyeon knew the secret.

 

“Yes, Zitao. He’s a faerie.”

 

“Oh . I don’t want to have nieces and nephews who are half-vampire and half-faeries. They’ll be like…the ultimate pink lover. Ugh.” Zitao scrunched his face in disgust. He suddenly imagines his future with little vampire-faeries running around him, calling him uncle. He’d rather die again than experience that.

 

“Shut up. They won’t have kids anyway. They’re both males.” Junmyeon shook his head at Zitao’s stupidity but he finds it adorable as well. To be honest, he couldn’t blame him anyways. It also surprised him to know that. It was an unexpected information and he’s not sure if he’s supposed to tell that to the others.

 

 

Maybe he should. Especially to Sehun.

 

 

He should know that his probable mate is a faerie.