Chapter 4

Come In

Chapter 4 :

Vampires vs. Vampire

 

The whole place was dark and cold and Baekhyun couldn’t do anything to have some fun. His father’s very strict and never allows him to go and play with the human kids in the park nearby. Baekhyun grew up with playing either with Sehun, Tao and Junmyeon or with himself because his father wouldn’t let other vampires to be with Baekhyun. He said he was special and other vampires might cause him harm but he doesn’t know why. Maybe he’s a little different because Tao tells him he’s weird because he could hear some thumping sounds in Baekhyun’s chest and Baekhyun likes to inhale and exhale. He shouldn’t be able to do that. Even though they’re kids, they know those kind of things were very unusual for a vampire.

But Baekhyun never thought of his ability as something weird. As he grew up, he learned to appreciate it even more. When he was a teenager and they were staying in Korea, he decided to come out of their dark lair and enjoy the sunlight to have some fun – vampires can survive under the daylight but it weakens their powers unlike what most tales say –  and it was when he met a young boy named Jongdae. Baekhyun looked like a normal seventeen-year-old at that time and Jongdae was just a little seven-year-old but Baekhyun was clearly amazed when he heard the young boy singing to his friends. Jongdae saw him and tugged him to sing along with him and Baekhyun was surprised that Jongdae wasn’t afraid of him. Maybe because Baekhyun’s heart is beating when it shouldn’t have and he feels warm. But he noticed that there were times that it isn’t beating at all and his body turns ice cold.

Jongdae sang some nursery song and luckily, Baekhyun heard it before so he managed to sing along with him. After the song, Jongdae smiled at Baekhyun and extended his hand, “My name’s Kim Jongdae, nice to meet you, hyung.”

Meeting Jongdae was one of the best moments in his life – or death. But as Baekhyun realizes how time passes by, he knew that Jongdae must’ve grown up while he doesn’t. He still looks like a teenager and he knows that wouldn’t change for a long time since he ages very very slow. It took him hundreds of years to be able to look like a teenager and he knows he needs more to look like an adult. Being given that gift also doesn’t allow him and their whole clan to stay in one place. It’s a hassle but they don’t have a choice.

Everything was fine until Baekhyun’s father became their clan leader after killing the previous one. Baekhyun’s security became much tighter and his younger cousin, Sehun, was even appointed as his guardian, giving him the ability to locate and go in places where Baekhyun is. When it comes to following Baekhyun, he doesn’t need permission like the usual, he could barge in whenever he wants and take someone with him and that’s what bothers Baekhyun. He thought he wouldn’t be able to have privacy. But then thankfully, Sehun respects him and doesn’t use his ability unless badly needed.

 

But the worst time was when his father started kidnapping innocent human civilians each night while they were in London for them to feed on. It was cruel. Baekhyun couldn’t make himself drink blood of those human beings. He doesn’t know why they need to do that when they could have a mate and drink his or her blood as long as they can rather than killing innocent people. But his father doesn’t care.

 

That’s why Baekhyun and Sehun decided to run away once they came back to Korea after twenty years.

But it wasn’t easy. Running away was never easy especially if you’re treated like royalties in your clan. But Baekhyun never really liked being treated like he’s fragile. He wants to be normal – a normal vampire. But everyone sees him like he’s a glass that could break any moment. Everyone except Sehun. That’s why he cared for him more than anything else. Sehun was like his younger brother and he loved him very much.  Sehun didn’t think of him as someone weird for having an abnormal heart – or for having one atleast – Sehun saw him as a normal vampire being. He is really protective at some times but he lets Baekhyun do what he wants.

But then when they escaped, Baekhyun seemed to notice the difference everyone was saying. He notices that his heart and his whole body works whenever he gets excited or frightened but when he’s feeling normal, he’s dead. Completely dead. But as he gets used to this, he managed to train his body. He made it accept food and drinks like a normal human would. It was hard so he doesn’t do it often but when he does, he eats a lot. If it was even possible, others would say Baekhyun is a half-vampire and the rest of the blood in his veins are from humans.

He doesn’t know why. Sehun doesn’t either. But atleast Baekhyun is thankful because he doesn’t have a hard time whenever he interacts with humans.

 

A few days after they escaped, someone managed to see them. One of his father’s thousands of soldiers. They had a fight. A big and dangerous fight that led to Baekhyun’s weakening. Sehun took the vampire away from Baekhyun, luring him away and that led to their separation.

Baekhyun tried to find him even with his weak body. He tried but then it rained and he’s injured, so he knocked to the nearest house.

 

And the next is history.

 

*****

 

Chanyeol kept walking back and forth in his room while Kyungsoo and Jongin were awkwardly sitting on his bed. He couldn’t keep himself calm after seeing everything that happened a while ago. He knows he wasn’t hallucinating when he saw Baekhyun’s eyes turning red and that clearly isn’t a good sign. It could only mean danger and he really wanted to run to Baekhyun’s side but he knows Kyungsoo and Jongin needs him here. Even though he doesn’t know how to use his powers right, at least he’s here to keep other things away from them.

 

“Hyung you’re making me dizzy. Stop that, please.” Jongin groaned then slumped himself on Chanyeol’s bed. Kyungsoo looked at the younger before looking at his best friend who won’t stop walking. Chanyeol didn’t even look at them. He facing the door looking like he’s thinking whether he should open it or not. But in the end, he would sigh and go back to walking around the room and that made Kyungsoo frustrated.

 

“Chanyeol. If you want to go to Baekhyun side, then do so. Don’t worry about us, we’re just humans. They don’t give a about us.” Kyungsoo said, trying to convince Chanyeol. If Chanyeol cannot read what’s in the other’s head, he would’ve gone out because the way he said it was just so convincing. But what runs inside his head tells the opposite. Do Kyungsoo is afraid.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung’s right. We know he’s important to you and I’m not stupid to not know that he’s in danger right now and you need to protect him.” Jongin said, still looking up the ceiling and not at Chanyeol. But the thing is, Jongin meant what he said. It kind of creeps Chanyeol out whenever he read someone’s mind but at least it has its pros.

 

“But Baekhyun said I should stay with the two of you—”

 

“When did you start following someone’s orders like that?” Jongin rolled his eyes and turned, hiding his face from his friends using a pillow.

 

“Just open the damn door and rescue Baekhyun from whoever wants to hurt him.” Kyungsoo stood up and pushed Chanyeol towards the door, “Go Park Chanyeol. Save your princess.”

 

*****

 

“I don’t think sending Junmyeon after Baekhyun isn’t a good idea as well. We already sent Tao and he hasn’t come back since then and if we—” The young man standing in front was immediately cut off from what he’s about to say when the clan leader stood up, causing everything to fall into silence.

 

“I don’t care whether I send each and every one in here but I want my son back. I want him back before the full moon or else…” Everyone nodded in understanding. They know very well what’s bound to happen a month from now at the night of the full moon and not having their prince by their side, could mean the end of their legacy.

 

*****

 

“YAH! I told you not to break anything! This isn’t my house, Tao!” Baekhyun mentally cursed when Tao accidentally hit the vase on Chanyeol’s living room. His eyes became much deeper in color red and his fangs flashed and became longer as well as his nails. Their duel has been going on for a few minutes already and Baekhyun managed to keep everything in order since he doesn’t want to cause any further problems to Chanyeol.

As much as possible, Baekhyun kept using direct attacks on Tao such as kicking him direct to the face or scratching his arms but Baekhyun doesn’t want Tao to destroy anything inside Chanyeol’s house. They know they couldn’t go outside since other people might see them but maybe staying inside the house isn’t really a good idea at all.

 

“I don’t really care about your mate’s house.” The younger rolled his eyes as he kneed Baekhyun’s stomach with a grin on his face. His silver eyes were shining under the moonlight and his sharp fangs flashed right in front of Baekhyun’s bloody red eyes.

 

“He isn’t my mate and if you want to live, you’ll stop this. You know you will never win against me, Tao. Even if you know a lot of martial arts, I’m still stronger in a sense.” Baekhyun jumped back, almost making a glass figure fall down but then Sehun moved fast enough to catch it before it hit the ground. Baekhyun sighed in relief and nodded at Sehun in gratitude before punching Tao’s waist.

Sehun only watched with a bored expression as two of his childhood friends, fight inside a warlock’s house. He decided not to get involved because he knows Tao doesn’t really care about him and Luhan and he’s too lazy to fight as well. Besides, Tao only wanted to bring Baekhyun back home – or hell if that’s what Baekhyun wants to call it – but he doesn’t give a . He decided that he will stay here with Luhan and never come back even if it means not seeing many of his family members or even Baekhyun ever again. He just couldn’t stand another minute with them in their dark lair.

 

Baekhyun and Tao were in the middle of exchanging punches and curses when Sehun heard someone running down the stairs and even before he could see him, he knows who it is. Park Chanyeol. So much for listening to Baekhyun’s orders.

 

 

“Baekhyun!” Stupid, Sehun thought as he watch Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun who was currently on the floor because Tao managed to kick his right leg, causing him to lose balance. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun like the other was stabbed in the chest. Yes, he’s that over acting.

 

“Hi Mr. Park.” Tao smirked at Chanyeol before quickly going to his side. “I should thank you for taking care of my hyung.” He said before hitting Chanyeol’s stomach using his elbow. The taller male groaned in pain but Tao only grinned at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who lay on the floor.

 

“I want to see how this human looks without blood. Or how those two other boys would cry over him.” Tao’s eyes shone in a much darker color. He smirked, showing his sharp fangs to Chanyeol as he slowly walked towards him. “I’m kind of hungry because of the duel anyway.”

 

“Don’t you dare—“ But Baekhyun froze in his position before he was able to stand up. His arms were held up as if telling Tao to stop.

 

“I see that you’ve mastered your special ability, Tao.” Sehun commented while he stood silently on one corner of the room.

 

“Yes I have. And I’m going to use it on you—” Tao froze when Sehun was already standing in front of him with the end of the knife he’s holding at Tao’s chest. Chanyeol’s eyes widened as how fast Sehun moved. One moment he was standing on one corner with a bored expression and then suddenly, he’s pointing a sharp knife at Tao’s heart.

 

“No, you wouldn’t. Because you’re going to leave this house and never return. Tell the king that we don’t plan on returning so he should off and stop sending wimps after us. You also better give me back my Luhan.”  Sehun’s voice was cold as ice and Chanyeol could only watch as the person who he thought wouldn’t lift a finger for this fight threaten Tao.

 

“How thick of you to tell me that, Oh Sehun?” In a flash of light, Tao was gone from his position he was standing near the door, “But since I’m tired, I’ll be taking my fabulous leave. You’ll find your human at the doorstep by morning.” Then with another blink of an eye, Tao was gone and Sehun was back to his boring life. That moment, Baekhyun also started moving and he screamed, “—hurt Chanyeol or else!” But when he noticed Tao wasn’t even around anymore, he was confused but Sehun decided to fill him in as Chanyeol fetch bags of blood from the fridge.

 

 

This night ended well, right?