Chapter 5

Come In

Chapter 5 :

Who are they?

 

“Byun Baekhyun was cursed at birth.” Junmyeon massaged his temples as he explain Tao everything. The younger came back a few hours ago looking very exhausted and wasted. He narrated his encounter with Baekhyun and Sehun to Junmyeon which explains the scars on his body. But then Tao started asking about Baekhyun’s weird characteristics. They had known Baekhyun since they were little, but Junmyeon was the only one old enough to know what happened when Baekhyun first arrived in this world.

 

“Cursed? Baekhyun hyung was cursed?” Tao’s mouth was wide open as he stare at Junmyeon with wide eyes. He couldn’t believe it. Baekhyun doesn’t look like someone who’s been cursed. He looked so bubbly and cheerful so knowing he was cursed made Tao concerned and a little guilty for how he acted all these years.

 

“Yes. I was just fledgling that time when Baekhyun was born. Everyone adored his beauty. Everyone, even the warlocks and witches. I don’t know what really happened since I was kept inside the lair for protection but I know that the warlocks wanted to take Baekhyun. They wanted to keep him. But of course, his mother didn’t agree, making some powerful witch angry. She said something about them not being able to have the perfect child they wanted. She said many vampires will be frightened at him and he will grow up differently. She cursed Baekhyun that day.” Junmyeon looked sad as he tell what happened to Tao who looked just the same. They’ve been Baekhyun’s playmates before and Tao should admit, he found Baekhyun weird at some times because of his abilities. But only Junmyeon didn’t care about that. Tao knew that maybe it’s because he knew. He knew and told no one about it.

 

“But then another witch came, one named Kim Taeyeon, and she told everyone that Baekhyun’s difference will be a great help in the future. She didn’t tell how and when.”

 

“Oh. So this is like Sleeping Beauty.”

 

“Yeah. Kind of.” Junmyeon smiled at Tao’s innocence. He knows what Taeyeon said was something important and it was proven because of what’s happening these days. They need Baekhyun back no matter what.

 

Because at the next full moon, things will get rougher.

 

*****

 

“You look brand-new. Are you sure you had a fight last night with that vampire?” Jongin asked Baekhyun who was eating ice cream as if he’s a living human being. The four of them are in the kitchen, doing nothing else but eating and chatting after cleaning the mess in the living room.

 

“My wounds heal very fast. I don’t need that much time.” Baekhyun swallowed and reached for water. Kyungsoo was standing near the counter and was looking at Baekhyun intently. Chanyeol noticed the looks he was giving the vampire and approached his friend.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong, Kyung? You look like you’re thinking about something very important.” Kyungsoo flinched when Chanyeol patted his shoulder and he took a step backwards because of shock. Chanyeol chuckled at his friend’s unusual clumsiness and Kyungsoo smacked his head after that.

 

“Why do you even need to ask? You can read my mind, right? Just go and invade it.”

 

“Kyungsoo, I wouldn’t do that. I asked Baekhyun how I could control it. He told me if I don’t want to read someone else’s mind, I just need to lose focus while talking to him and think about other things instead, it's just for the basics. Soon I would be able to turn it on and off if I want to. I also doesn’t want to freak Jongin out for the second time so I tried my best last night.”

 

“What? You did that last night? But I don’t think you can do that for just a night.”

 

“I didn’t get any sleep at all actually.”

 

“You don’t need to do that, Yeol.” Kyungsoo looked at his friend with concern. He didn’t know Chanyeol was willing to do that for him and Jongin. They’re just humans and they’re nothing compared to both Baekhyun and Chanyeol but he wouldn’t fail to notice how much important they seem for them when they’re not supposed to care.

 

“I don’t want to see the same reaction from any of you anymore. I myself felt somewhat scared when Baekhyun answers the questions in my head. It felt like I don’t have privacy anymore. I don’t want you to feel that too.”

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

 

“Hey is there a problem? The two of you seem so serious and it’s bothering me.” Jongin and Baekhyun just finished talking and they were confused as to why Kyungsoo’s eyebrows are meeting and Chanyeol looked sorrowful. It was new for Jongin since those two were always noisy when they’re together and seeing Kyungsoo look so problematic made Jongin worry.

Baekhyun wasn’t saying anything. He was just looking directly at Kyungsoo and he was biting his lower lip cutely like the usual way he does. But something was wrong and Jongin was getting frustrated since he’s the only one who doesn’t know anything. Well, Chanyeol and Baekhyun can read minds and Kyungsoo was the one they’re talking to so of course he knows something. But then, Jongin was the youngest and being treated like he shouldn’t be a part of this problem makes him go crazy.

 

 

“If no one speaks for another minute, I’m going to flip this table.” Jongin said, hate noticeable in his tone.

 

“Kyungsoo. I don’t like what you’re thinking.” Baekhyun sighed and Jongin really wanted to pull his hair out. Chanyeol stood like a statue while eyeing Kyungsoo who was almost in tears.

 

“Baek I… I know I’m right. You don’t need to lie and tell me otherwise. I… I just don’t want to cause you more problems.” Kyungsoo looked at the ground as tears fell from his eyes. Jongin rushed immediately and enveloped his hyung into his arms while caressing his back.

 

“Please tell me what’s happening. Why is Kyungsoo hyung crying?” Jongin said, his grip around Kyungsoo slowly tightening.

 

“He wants to leave, Jongin.” With that, Jongin suddenly became silent. He tried opening his mouth but no sound came out. He couldn’t speak.

 

“Jongin, I’m being a burden. I need to leave before I became a cause of something.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Then I’m coming with you. We’re both mere humans. You’re not the only one feeling that, hyung.” Jongin held the elder’s hands tightly than before.

 

“Stop it, you two! No one is a burden here. Right Chanyeol?” Baekhyun said, trying to calm everyone down so that the useless argument will end with no problems. Baekhyun personally doesn’t like talks like this. It makes him feel uncomfortable.

But then Chanyeol didn’t say anything. He was looking at the ground with his fists closed tightly.

 

“Chanyeol are you okay?” Baekhyun was worried. He couldn’t entirely read Chanyeol’s mind now because the younger knows how to close down his thoughts and keep Baekhyun away. But he couldn’t hide the way he seems worried and angry as well. No one can blame him, not even Baekhyun. He sure looks hurt emotionally.

A few minutes later after the silence, Chanyeol opened his mouth and words that was hard to make out was what they heard at first. But when they did, Kyungsoo wishes he didn’t hear it at all.

 

“Why would you feel that Kyungsoo? I thought you know me well enough to not think of that bull. I love both of you. You’re my family. I need and want to protect you. Honestly it was my fault why the two of you got involved in this mess in the first place. You’re my responsibility and if you leave, do you think everything will be fine? Do you think things will change now? Well sorry to say, but hell no.”

 

“Channie…” Baekhyun’s voice was small and Chanyeol couldn’t almost hear it.

 

“I’ll never be able to live the way I do before. I now know that I’m a warlock and some kind of powerful one and I don’t know how to control my abilities and I thought ‘Hey, you can’t give up Chanyeol. Kyungsoo and Jongin needs you.’ But now what? You want to leave me? Do you think it would make me feel better?” Everyone’s attention was now on Chanyeol and how tears are forming on the corner of his eyes.

 

“One more thing, didn’t Baekhyun say that you have his scent on you? And you saw how those vampires are starting to search for him and take him even by force. And leaving will endanger both of your lives. If ever something bad happen to the two of you, I swear I’ll kill myself.” Seriousness and honestly filled Chanyeol’s eyes. He looked at Kyungsoo and Jongin before turning around and leaving everyone dumbfounded and guilty.

 

*****

 

“You need to help him. No one else can aside from you.” The high warlock said, looking away from the young warlock standing in front of him. He clasped his hands together and closed his eyes, “Park Chanyeol needs you.”

 

The warlock who was being asked to help Chanyeol, only nodded his head in understanding and turned his heel, leaving the room.

 

 

“I hope you can help him control his abilities before he uses it to end our world.” The high warlock sighed before grabbing one of the frames on his table. He smiled when he saw a photo of a young boy smiling widely while hugging a puppy.

He misses this smile and he wouldn’t let anyone take that smile away from his son’s face.

 

*****

 

Yixing held his weapon close to his chest as he walked alone on the alleyways at night. You wouldn’t know what might come out any minute but he would let those things scare him or hurt him. He would slay them before they make a move.

He reached the street he’s looking for a few minutes later. He placed his knife in its sheath and hid it in his jacket before making sure that he looks normal. He passed by a shop with mirrors outside and he looked at himself and checked. His eyes weren’t red. Good. His nails were looking humanly. Better. His teeth was perfectly normal and he looks just like a normal Chinese boy.

He nodded to himself in approval before walking towards his target’s house. He was asked to kill this boy and he will succeed. Yixing never fails.

 

He knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer. He doesn’t need anyone’s approval to enter their house. He could just take down the door and kill anyone he sees inside.

 

But then the door opened and a young man welcomed him.

 

 

“Oh hello there. Do you need something?” The boy at the door asked, smiling sweetly at Yixing.

Yixing was emotionless as he slowly reach for his knife. He knows he found his target. The only thing left now is to kill him. The smile on the boy’s face was not disappearing but it wouldn’t make his job hard. It’s easier to think that this boy is too dumb to notice that he just opened the door to his own death.

 

 

“Luhan hyung? Who’s at the door?”

 

 

Yixing heard someone’s voice from inside the house. But he didn’t care. He took out his knife and slashed.