Chapter 6

Come In

Chapter 6 :

Taeyeon

 

 

“I have a bad feeling.” Baekhyun bolted up from his position when he suddenly felt his heart clench. He was resting on the couch at Chanyeol’s living room because he didn’t want to disturb Chanyeol after what happened earlier. He let Jongin and Kyungsoo talk about things while he take some rest and guard the house from other vampires or other creatures.

But he didn’t expect his chest to hurt as if he’s been stabbed directly to his heart. He shouldn’t have a beating heart in the first place but that’s not the issue. The question is why does it hurt? He’s not supposed to get sick because he’s a vampire. Baekhyun was so busy thinking about the cause of it when one name popped in his head.

 

Sehun.

 

Baekhyun jumped out of the couch immediately after being able to connect the dots. Sehun needs him. He know because Sehun is his guardian and basically, they’re somewhat connected with each other. Baekhyun crept his way out of the house, not wanting to wake anyone up. He doesn’t want Chanyeol or anyone else to be involved in this especially after what they’ve been through a while ago. He took a jacket from Chanyeol’s rack even though he doesn’t actually feel cold. But when he’s about to leave, he felt a hand on his shoulder which he accidentally slapped away harshly.

 

“Ow. That hurt, hyung.” He found Jongin behind him, wearing his pajamas and carrying some snacks and a bottle of water. He was looking sleepy and Baekhyun could only stare at him, “Where are you going at this hour?”

Baekhyun opened his mouth, as if wanting to say something. But he couldn’t make himself to talk. What will he tell Jongin anyway? He doesn’t want him to be involved but he found him sneaking out. What should he do? Baekhyun took only a step backwards. Jongin tilted his head in confusion. Why does he seem afraid? It’s not like I can hurt him or something, Jongin thought as he watch Baekhyun took another step away from him.

 

“Jongin, sorry. You need to go back to your room and act as if you never saw me here.” Baekhyun’s eyes turned red and this time, it was Jongin’s turn to take a step back. He was terrified. But before he could say anything, he felt sleepy, as if he did a thousand work this day. He wanted to sleep and his eyelids were getting heavy. His vision was becoming blurry as well.

 

“Baekhyun hyung…”

 

“You won’t remember this okay? So if I don’t come home, you wouldn’t blame yourself for not being able to stop me.” A smile formed on Baekhyun’s lips. He smiled as Jongin held his head and lay down the couch to sleep. He didn’t even reach his room, Baekhyun let out a small chuckle before turning around and leaving.

 

He doesn’t know if he’ll return. He could feel how dangerous it is and he might die tonight. But if Sehun’s in danger, then he shouldn’t hold back.

 

*****

 

Sehun held Luhan by the waist as he ran as fast as he could away from the house. He gritted his teeth because of the pain in his left arm. There was a deep cut where the assassin slashed him. It could’ve been Luhan. If he wasn’t fast enough, then Luhan might have been dead by now.

The assassin was skilled. Very skilled. He’s also not human. The way his eyes changed color when Sehun blocked his attack, it was because of anger. Maybe he wasn’t expecting a vampire to be living with his target. But then, why was he trying to kill Luhan?

 

“Sehun-ah! Where are we going?” Luhan was trying to break free from the younger’s grip. He doesn’t know what’s happening. One moment, he’s at home watching a mystery movie while eating some popcorn with Sehun then the next, the younger was pulling him away from his own home. Someone was following them, he was sure of it. But what‘s bothering him was that, why was that person following them? Why is Sehun running away?

Luhan hated not knowing anything. Sehun had always shut him off since they met but he never stopped trying to flip him open like a book. He wanted to get to know Sehun more. He knows this might be a bad time for that but he couldn’t take it any longer.

Luhan harshly pushed Sehun away from him, causing the younger to stumble down and to drop him to the ground.

 

“What the hell?” Luhan didn’t care at the moment if Sehun cussed or not. He just wanted to know what’s happening. He doesn’t want to be carried off to some place without knowing the reason. He’s not some kind of kid that Sehun needs to protect. He’s even older than him, for the record. He’s supposed to be respected.

 

“I don’t care if some stalker is following us right now, but I won’t move. Not until you explain everything to me.” Luhan’s voice was menacing and Sehun grunted for he had no choice but to start talking now. He knows Luhan well enough. He’s serious and he won’t move unless Sehun meets his expectation.

 

“Luhan hyung, to make this very ing long story short, I think that guy wants to kill you. Not me. And you know I’m a freaking vampire and I need you. I’m making you my mate sooner or later so I need to protect you. I first thought that guy was sent for me but I saw the way his eyes glistened when he saw you. You’re his target not me. So now, let’s go.”

 

Sehun said those so fast and Luhan didn’t know how he understood that but he did and he was blushing. The thing about the mate was unexpected. It was like he doesn’t care if someone was trying to kill him, what’s important is that Sehun said he will protect him. Nothing else matters to him.

So he let Sehun lift him up and carry him like some kind of bride as they ran off to some place.

 

*****

 

Baekhyun stopped walking. He clutched his chest and he felt his heart beating fast in there. He couldn’t breathe properly. This is not something that happens every day. He knows he needs to look for Sehun. He knows that Sehun might be in danger right now. But how could he do that if he himself couldn’t even move?

Baekhyun groaned and twisted in pain. He feel to the ground because of pain. No one’s around him at the moment. Well, not those he can feel. No one can help him. He wanted to call for Chanyeol. But he held back. He needs to get past this by himself.

 

Baekhyun tried standing up, only to fail. He bit his lip hard enough to draw his own blood. He wanted to kick or punch something. He’s becoming frustrated. He hated being weak. His heart is making him weak. He doesn’t even know why it’s hurting.

Not until he heard a voice in his head. A very familiar voice.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, my dear.

 

The male’s eyes grew wider than usual. He wanted to say something but he couldn’t. Maybe he’s hallucinating. It cannot be. This is impossible. Even his heart started feeling better. He suddenly could breathe normally. What the freaking hell is happening?

 

Can you hear me, Baekhyun?

 

“Bloody hell, Taeyeon noona? Is that really you?” Baekhyun’s voice was hoarse and weak. He couldn’t believe it. Taeyeon is dead. She died and Baekhyun knows it.

 

Oh yes. It is me. I’m so glad you can hear me, I asked my friend Yuri to help me talk to you even in the spirit world. I’m dead Baekhyun. But I just need to inform you about something, Baekhyun.

 

“Yuri? You mean the witch Yuri? That Yuri?” Amazement was in Baekhyun’s voice. Yet he felt some kind of relief in him. He thought some kind of demon was around him and made him hallucinate but knowing Taeyeon tried making contact with him through her friend, it made his chest feel lighter.

 

Well, yes. It seems you know her. But she’s not the issue here. Actually she’s glaring at me right now for taking so long. I need to tell you something about my grandson. You need to know this.

 

“About Chanyeol? What’s with him?”

 

Do you like him?

 

“WHAT?” Baekhyun’s response was too quick. Maybe too quick to make what he’s hiding to be so obvious.

 

So you do. Then as expected, something bad was bound to happen anyways.

 

“Wait! I didn’t say anything about liking him!” He was blushing yet he’s perfectly clueless. Maybe Byun Baekhyun still doesn’t know his own feelings. Maybe until now, he doesn’t realize what he truly feels about the younger but soon, he will. Taeyeon knows he will.

 

Your voice says it all, dear. But you know what? You will face a lot of obstacles with that love of yours. Chanyeol was bound to fall in love with his enemy just as his enemy was bound to fall for him.

 

“What do you mean? Enemy? Who’s his enemy?”

 

Oh. Let me take you somewhere. This will make you understand better.

 

That’s the last thing Baekhyun heard before everything turned black and he fainted.

 

*****

 

 

 

Baekhyun blinked until he saw a young boy, playing with a girl. They were in a field, full of fresh grass and birds and butterflies. It took him a few seconds to realize it was him when he’s a lot younger and the girl with him was Taeyeon.

He watched as the young him ran off to somewhere. He remembered he was chasing after some bird that time. But he didn’t know what happened when he left. And now, he’s watching it.

He saw his father appear out of nowhere and approached Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon, I’ll be heading to the meeting right now so please, watch over my son.”

“Don’t be paranoid. Baekhyun won’t be in great danger until he meets his supposed enemy.”

“So you’ll wait until then before starting to protect him?”

“No. Of course not. But you know, the witch you summoned, she’s saying that the one who’ll give birth to Baekhyun’s enemy is some woman in London. What will you do?”

“I’ll…I’ll think about that someday. Right now, I just want you protect Baekhyun. He’s destined to protect the order in both worlds. I don’t want to wait for the person who’ll bring chaos and end to everyone before I make sure of my son’s safety.” And with that, Baekhyun’s father disappeared, leaving Taeyeon alone while waiting for the young Baekhyun to return after following a bird that will just be eaten by a tiger a few days later.

 

His vision once again turned black and he felt like his stomach was turning when he felt the cold breeze on his cheeks. Baekhyun opened his eyes once again and this time, he’s in a different place and maybe he’s in a different year as well. The whole place was different. Oh, he’s in London, he realized after seeing the view outside the window. The whole place was quiet until he heard someone crying.

 

“Jessica, this can’t be happening. I can’t be pregnant. I need to fulfill my duties first. This can’t be.”

“Oh my, Taeyeon. Stop crying. Maybe Baekhyun’s father will understand you.”

“I…I don’t know.”

“Think positive Taeyeon, someday, that kid will be as great as you. Many will look up to him like the way they did to you.”

“If this child inherits my blood, then maybe. But if not, I…I just don’t know anymore.”

 

The scene changed again and this time, the place was familiar. Very very familiar. It’s none other than Park Chanyeol’s house.

 

 

“Mother, why is my son looking like that? Why is that that his eye color is every unusual?”

“Hmmm, maybe he inherited my blood.”

“What?”

“Nothing. There are some cases like that you know? Tomorrow his eyes will look normal. Don’t worry.”

 

There stood Taeyeon with a man who looks a little like her. A baby was sleeping on the bed in front of them and Baekhyun knew immediately that it was Chanyeol.

The place soon became blurry and when it returned to normal, it was already dark. Taeyeon was the only one standing in front of the baby Chanyeol.

 

“I didn’t know it was me. I was the woman in London. I gave birth to your father. You’re his offspring. You’re from my blood. You’re my Baekhyun’s enemy. Oh . Wait, did I just cuss in front of a baby? Great. But well, I need to hide your powers. You need to live a normal life, Chanyeol.”

 

A white light swallowed the whole room and Baekhyun was blinded by it. He suddenly felt himself weakening. His legs were becoming jelly. He couldn’t move. His eyelids suddenly started being heavy.

 

*****

 

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun!” Chanyeol continued shaking Baekhyun to wake him up. The latter was asleep for hours or maybe more than that because Chanyeol found him lying on his doorstep the next morning.

He didn’t know how but Baekhyun was looking like some kind of lost puppy as he hug himself while sleeping. But it made Chanyeol’s heart skip a beat. How the hell did Baekhyun get there? Why was he outside? What happened to him?

Chanyeol was starting to get nervous when Baekhyun groaned in his sleep. It gave some hope for Chanyeol so he continued shaking the vampire until he wakes up.

 

“Yah! Wake up, you lazy vampire! There’s a lot of chocolates and pizza and snacks here. I bought them for you so wake up, you bloodsucker. Stop making me nervous and open your damn eyes.” Nothing. There was no response. Chanyeol kicked the will beside him and he wanted to scream and shout. But he didn’t. He took a deep breath and was about to start saying some unknown stuff or spell to wake the other up, when Baekhyun started opening his eyes.

Chanyeol immediately ran to his side and the tall male’s face was the first thing Baekhyun saw when he opened his eyes.

 

 

“Shut up ugh. You’re so noisy, Yeol. Just get me food and leave me alone after that. I want to rest.” Maybe Baekhyun’s first sentence after waking up was rude, but Chanyeol didn’t care. Baekhyun’s usually rude anyway especially when he’s in a good mood.

And hearing Baekhyun like that removed his fright.

 

 

 

He’ll ask for explanation later. Right now, Baekhyun needs to be fed. He can’t have Baekhyun hungry. It hurts his neck, you know.