Chapter 11

Come In

Chapter 11 :

The Queen and the Charm Speaker

 

The whole house was unusually quiet when Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Yifan came back home. Even the lights were turned off and that made Chanyeol worry. Kyungsoo will never let the house be this dull, even if he’s too busy reading books, the house will never be left alone looking haunted. Something’s off here, Chanyeol thought as he scan his own home. There was a strange gut feeling saying that something bad happened.

Baekhyun felt it as well, the vampire immediately searched the house, calling Jongin and Kyungsoo’s names. But he got no response. Something’s definitely not right, he thought. Even Yifan started to doubt the sudden silence in Park Chanyeol’s house. He managed to know the two humans well enough to know that Kim Jongin can never stay quiet for a minute if he’s with Do Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun tried locating them but unfortunately, there was no luck. Chanyeol was starting to go crazy, continuously shouting his best friends’ name, when someone knocked on their front door. Chanyeol wanted to curse whoever that was to death, he was already stomping his way to the door but Yifan held him back and let Baekhyun open the goddamn door, as Chanyeol called it.

 

But when Baekhyun opened the door, he was not expecting to see the Faerie queen to be standing in front of him with Luhan and Sehun standing behind her.

 

*****

 

Sehun wanted to kill someone, he wanted to let out all his frustrations. He badly wants to cry, thinking it will free him from his thoughts. But hell, things just don’t go his way. The young vampire continued to mourn for his friend, – potential mate – grief overcoming his senses. He couldn’t even think properly. He didn’t even notice someone behind him.

 

“Excuse me young lad, but I think you may have gotten the wrong room. Why are you crying over my brother? He’s perfectly alive.” A female’s voice said from behind him. Sehun turned and saw someone very very familiar to him. She was so familiar that Sehun wanted to go and hide somewhere faraway.

It didn’t take long for Sehun to finally realize who the lady was. It made him think as to why the she – the Faerie queen – is here claiming to be somewhat related to Luhan but he bit his tongue to stop himself from sputtering out questions.

 

The queen was more than satisfied with Sehun’s reaction, it made her grin like a Cheshire cat, yet keeping her grace and elegance. The queen wanted to keep on playing like an innocent young girl but knowing the clan where the vampire standing in front of him came from, she knows it will be nothing but a useless attempt. Sehun is not like other vampires, he’s nowhere near to being easy to fool so the queen decided to just continue on her true purpose; and that is to take Luhan.

 

“You seem surprised but I cannot blame you, Oh Sehun. You want to know what I am doing at a very mundane place like this. You want to ask questions but you’re too caught up in trying to cry for my brother.” The Queen was smiling mischievously and Sehun was starting to suspect something. He knows the faeries well enough to know how evilly cunning they are. Their faces might be that of an angel but their minds work like the devils’.

 

“Oh dear. You don’t even need to speak for me to know anything. I know a lot of things. I’ve been watching how things go when my Luhan’s with you.”

 

“How do you even know Luhan?” The Queen decided to let the informality go. Sehun was way too confused to be respectful to queen who’s too close to being a stranger to him. The Queen honestly wanted to answer Sehun, even though she’s not used to giving answers without a little game. She wanted to give the vampire a hard time but maybe this day’s not the right moment since the vampire thinks that Luhan is dead.

Luhan isn’t dead. Why would he be dead? He was just simply on slumber as his body starts reacting to his own powers.

 

Luhan’s heartbeat merely stopped as his heart adjusts itself to his body.

 

“Why wouldn’t I know him? He’s my brother.” The way the queen said it was so certain and confident that Sehun had no room for any doubts. But still, one cannot simply trust a faerie, what more if it’s their queen.

 

“How the hell did he become you brother? Luhan is as human as someone will ever be. I know it, I sensed it from the very first moment that I laid my eyes on him.” Sehun’s eyes started burning in red. His eyes were filled with questions that were left unasked because of cowardice and anxiety.

 

“He’s my kin. He was human. He is human until he reaches the right age. He is human until the development of his body is finished. He is human until his powers completely adjusts to his body, and unfortunately for you Oh Sehun, everything is done for Luhan. He is no longer human.”

 

The smile of the queen at that moment was something Sehun will never forget. It was way worse than any other things he could imagine. Maybe worse than a nightmare. That angelic face of hers grinning like a demon is something that will make even a vampire cringe.

 

 

But then as if on cue, the heart monitor beside them that was showing a disgusting flat line for minutes started beeping, showing the beat of Luhan’s heart.

 

Sehun didn’t need to look at the queen to know that she’s amused as what’s happening around her. But Sehun is not. Not even a little bit.

 

Luhan opened his eyes and Sehun may be happy for it as well, even though he’s not showing it.

 

*****

 

The two unconscious bodies lay on the beds in front of Lee Taemin. He doesn’t really know what to do with those but he was asked to work on them. To be honest, he’s not even sure if they are still alive or not so he’s not sure where to start. They were almost wrapped in bandages that were already stained with the crimson color of blood – maybe a red mummy. The sight was quite disturbing to see even for someone like Taemin who was used to gore and blood.

Taemin couldn’t do anything but groan in irritation. He doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t like overthinking things. He may be a genius but he’s also lazy. Well, unless he gets to be paid based on what he wants, then maybe he will not be that lazy anymore. They’re the one that needs him anyways. Not vice-versa.

 

“How do I work on the two of you anyway?” He said, talking to no one in particular. So he doesn’t really expect when someone answered him.

 

 

“One of them is about to die. He was fatally wounded by that assassin and no amount of healing can stop his death.” The man was leaning on the door, a scythe in hand and his face shows no emotions at all.

 

A Grim Reaper. That’s what crossed Taemin’s mind the moment he saw him. The scythe was also a total giveaway, and it seems that the man doesn’t have any plans of hiding who – or what – he is.

 

“Who are you?” Taemin asked, turning around to face the grim reaper. But he was surprised to see that the reaper was no longer there, instead he was standing beside one of the unconscious bodies. Taemin was just about to speak when the reaper started counting.

 

“10. 9. 8…”

 

“What the hell are you doing?” The reaper didn’t even spare him a single glance and continued to be immersed in his counting.

 

“5. 4. 3…”

 

“Hey!” This time, Taemin was just starting to get annoyed at being ignored by a stranger that barged in his laboratory without permission.

 

“1.” At the exact moment that he finished counting, the body beside him moved, and a sly grin was on the reaper’s face as the person took his last breath.

 

 

Kim Jongin, born on the 14th of January, year 1994 is now dead. May his poor soul rest in peace.”

 

*****

 

 

Minho walked with heavy footsteps towards the old dungeon in their lair. He never liked using his ability to others. Even though his power seems so useful to him, it doesn’t. It’s more on a curse rather than a blessing. His ability to force his will on other people is not that pleasing to him. Even when it comes in handy when it comes to his work, his personal view on it is negative.

And using it to someone makes his heart feel heavy.

 

He reached the dungeon after a short while. The gates were guarded by his kin yet when they saw him, they let him enter without questions. Maybe they were informed already about what’s about to happen.

 

 

Minho sees the witch curled up like a ball on one side of the cell. Her hair is disheveled, her clothes were dirty and she seems to have lost one of her shoes. Her face was buried on her knees as she hug them tightly. She made sure that no one will see her face at this state. Well, that’s a strong witch for you.

 

 

“Milady.” Minho said in the most respectful and charming tone he can use and the witch groaned maybe in exasperation or frustration or maybe both.

 

“What now? I already told you that Kim Taeyeon lived on the moon and married a meteor and her grandson’s a blue star so go away.” The witch didn’t even lift her head to look at the man standing in front of him.

 

“Oh I’m sorry but that’s not the reason why I came here.” A smile formed on Minho’s lips. He’s simply amused with the lady’s strong personality, but when the witch lifted her head, Minho sees her face and remembers that her face looked like that of an innocent young girl that’s lost in some forest.

Her face doesn’t really match her personality but it made the werewolf even more amused.

When he was sure that Yuri was looking at her directly into his eyes, that was when he used the power he hates the most.

 

“Can you please help me go to Kim Taeyeon’s mundane house?” Minho’s eyes glowed red and the innocent smile on his face slowly turned into a grin.

 

That was also the reason why Minho hated using his powers. It changes who he really is. It covers the real him with a fraud personality and appearance that make everyone think that he likes what he’s doing. He’s like a dog with a rabies, wanting to attack anyone who gets in his way.

 

“O-of course.”

 

 

It was a success for wolf and the sign of defeat for the witch.