Fifteenth Bloom

Late Bloomer

Apologies for the lack of crack in this chap.


 

 

fifteenth bloom

{where once upon a time could be now and happily ever after could be just around the corner; part iii}

 

 

"Do you like Luhan-oppa? Or is it him who likes you?"

       "I..."

       "She's Luhan's girlfriend." The two turned their heads to see Ryeowook. "But not anymore. It was Luhan who declared it himself. And since Minyeo-shi had no place to stay here as she was also from Korea like you, the chairman, with his kind heart, decided to let her stay here. But of course, Minyeo-shi didn't want to stay here for free as it might hurt her commoner pride so she insisted on working for us." 

       Chanyeon looked at the secretary, who was holding that smug on his face as his eyes were fixed on Minyeo. The said maid had her round eyes flickered between her and the secretary. She was smiling albeit the sarcastic tone in the secretary's voice like the sun was never in the sky but on Minyeo herself.

       Seeing the almost unaffected reaction on Minyeo's face, "I almost forgot," Ryeowook continued. "I came downstairs to inform Miss Park that your presence is requested by the chairman. He would like to have a friendly grandfather and surely"the secretary's voice turned louder as he spoke, eyes fixed on Minyeo then on Chanyeon with a smile"future granddaughter tea time," he said in a clear mocking tone.

       Chanyeon bit her lip, eyes rolled with hesitation. She briefly scanned Minyeo's clear-as-the-brightest-of-the star face. She was looking back at her. Chanyeon quickly averted his gaze, blushing for some reason unknown, before the corner of her lips curled upwards. "Of course! If that's what the chairman wants," she affirmed with a full grin at the secretary.

       "Very well!" Minyeo was about to leave when the man's hand stopped her by the elbow. "Please bring this bowl to the kitchen and wash it," he said, placing an empty bowl on her palm. Chanyeon's lips were pressed together as she watched silently from the corner. "The chairman orders for you not cook anymore leftovers. Is that understood?"

       Minyeo nodded ever so sweetly. 

       "And bring tea to the chairman's roomfor the chairman, Miss Park and Luhan."

       "Yes, sir!" Chanyeon watched as the maid left silently. 

       "Don't worry too much about her. She'll never bother Luhan as soon as vacation ends."

       Chanyeon, who was taller than the secretary, overshadowed Ryeowook as she stood in front of him, head held up high. "Oh, I'm not worried about her," she declared firmly. "I'm more worried for you."

       The secretary staggered backwards. The way the young lady smiled on him seemed like she was going to eat him alive. He let out a breathy, nervous laugh as he asked, "What do you mean?"

       "I don't know. I just don't like people talking to their subordinate like they're useless even if they're not. You shouldn't treat people like that even if she's your boss' grandson's ex-girlfriend. Am I understood?"

       Ryeowook didn't realize he was backing away too far; his back already hit the wall. "Ye-yes."

       "Good!" She had her trademark ear-splitting grin again but Ryeowook remained stiff with her next words. "Seriously though, if I were to become your boss when I marry Luhan-oppa, I'd fire you right away." Chanyeon just playfully patted his back. "I'm just joking!"

       Ryeowook was about to puke his lungs out.

 

##

 

"Chanyeon-shi is really beautiful, isn't she?" 

       Yifan and Chen shot their heads up, studying Minseok closely as he prepared the tea and pastries. They were like two children watching closely behind the counter as Minseok worked in the kitchen. 

       "Wait," Chen moved his head back, stunned. "What did you just"

       "She asked me if I like Luhan or if Luhan likes me."

       Chen bent a tad over the counter overwhelmed by his curiosity. "And what did you answer?"

       Minseok shook his head. "I wasn't able to. Secretary Ryeowook came and"

       It was Yifan's turn to bent over the counter and caught Minseok's arms. "Did he hurt you?" he asked worriedly.

       "Not really." Minseok smiled but Yifan and Chen could sense something peculiar about it.

       "Did he say something bad then?"

       "No. He just said that I should stop cooking leftovers because the chairman didn't like it."

       "Oh my poor boy," Chen said, cupping Minseok's face as he pulled the boy in a kiss on the cheek of course. But that didn't stop Yifan to pull him off the boy immediately.

       "Stop that will you?" He said, forcefully pushing Chen to sit on the stool. "You're not a very loyal friend"

       "I am. Besides, Minseok doesn't seem to mind me kissing him." Chen winked at Minseok who had his eyes looking all round and innocent. 

       He swayed his head. "Not really," he said. "My little brother always do the same to me."

       "And you know there are different intentions behind every kiss and I don't think Chen's is"

       "Mine is totally platonic," Chen defended before changing the subject, avoiding Yifan's snort. "So you mentioned Chanyeon being beautiful." 

       "She is."

       "And she's about to marry Luhan. Aren't you jealous?" Chen and Minseok seemed to have been playing tennis with their eyes, tossing stares with no end. Yifan had no choice but to intervene.

       "What he's trying to say is that if you are worried that she might be uhm..."

       "Like the evil step-sister to Cinderella, trying to steal Prince Charming away," Chen finished.

       "Nice comparison, Chen," Yifan commented sarcastically.

       "She seems nice, but you're probably right. The marriage can't go on, unless..." Minseok placed the last baked scones on the plate. It's hard to see his face when his head was hung low, but his voice seemed to have said enough. "Unless Luhan likes her back," he said, sounding monotonous.

 

##

 

It was boringat least, in Chanyeon's opinion, it was. Even Luhan's blank face told her the same. They were bored as Heechul (and with the occasional side comments from his secretary) kept on talking about the greatness of the Wu family and how compatible it would be if they merged with the Parks after the marriage agreement. 

       Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

       He only stopped when he remarked about the tea not being served yet. "Ryeowook, where's the tea?"

       "I asked the new girl, sir."

       "Minyeo?"

       Chanyeon never failed to notice how Luhan's drooping eyes shut opened once the name was mentioned. 

       "Why ask that girl when you knew how an utter failure she is?"

       Luhan scowled his nose was flaring, but he hide his face away from the old man's eyes. All of sudden, there was a hand laying on top of his. He slowly turned his head, eyes wide in shock as he looked at Chanyeon who was smiling at him.

       What the hell does she want?!?

       He tried to pull his hand away but Chanyeon's grip was too strong. Her hand webbed widely; it was too heavy for him to get away from it. 

       Heechul turned his attention to them and had his equally wide-eyed before it crinkled in delight. It was clear that he, as well, was surprised at their joint hands. Nonetheless, it brought satisfaction and delight to his face.

       "Very well, while you two take your time to know each other, I have to go to the toilet. Ryeowook, come with me!"

       The old man left with a huge, silly grin on his face. It's when the door closed that Luhan might have faintly heard his grandpa and his secretary laughing out loud for some unknown reason. And the way Chanyeon gripped his hand wasn't entirely helping at all to clear his confusion.

       "I just hold your hand and you're already freakin' out? What will happen in our marriage then if you're jumpy like that?" Chanyeon was grinning at him and Luhan couldn't help but look back in horror.

       "Who says I'm going to marry you?"

       Chanyeon looked at him as if she was distressed by his words. "Isn't that why I'm here? Because you agreed to your grandfather?"

       Luhan opened his mouth, only to close them again. "I"

       "Ryeowook-shi said that the servant girl was your girlfriend."

       "I...It's...Ah..."

       "But you broke up with her, so I don't think you have any more problem marrying me. Right, oppa?" Luhan shuddered as he felt warm breath brushing his face. Chanyeon was too close to him that one push would brought their lips together. The sound of the bursting door brought their horror to reality as Luhan jerked forward. His lips landed sloppily on Chanyeon's. The girl's eyes were as wide as his. The sound of the glass shattering brought their senses back, drawing back before finding the source of the cringing noise.

       "Minyeo-unnie!" Chanyeon immediately stood up to crouch beside Minseok who was picking up the broken pieces on the floor.

       Yifan came in after him; the plate of pastries in his hand. He looked at his brother, cocking his head to the side. Luhan averted his gaze but occasionally taking a glance of Minseok on the floor.

       "Don't!" Minseok's high-pitched voice echoed inside the room. He sounded as if he was mad making the girl retreat her hand back immediately. "You'll hurt yourself. I can do this. It's my fault anyway." Minseok sent her a reassuring smile before turning away quickly.

       It was then that Ryeowook came scrambling towards the door. "What's the noise?"

       Heechul was just walking behind before he stepped forward. "What is this mess?! It's you again!" His brows quirked as he accused the servant angrily. 

       "I'm sorry. I'll go and make another."

       "No need. You're not needed here. And look what you've done to our precious tea set. Ryeowook, call another maid and bring that girl out of here."

       Yifan stood in between. "I'll go with her." He quirked a brow on Chanyeon as the girl helped Minseok stand up. 

       "Thank you," Minseok said to her.

       It must be Yifan's imagination when he saw Chanyeon blushed before she quickly looked away.

 

##

 

Yifan and Chen shared glances as they observed Minseok who seemed sullen since coming back from the chairman's room. They were in Minseok room as the boy changed back to his normal clothes. He was dismissed from the kitchen throughout the day, and he had nothing else to do.

       Chen pulled the Yifan out of the room into the balcony where Minseok wouldn't hear them.

       Then he asked, "Was it that bad, your grandpa's retort? He must be hurt by his scolding."

       "I don't think that's the problem at all."

       "What do you mean?"

       "I saw Luhan kissing Chanyeon."

       "That ?!"

       Minseok looked at them through the glass door. The two smiled back before turning around.

       "Yes."

       "I knew it! I know she plans to make Luhan hers."

       "But I saw Luhan initiating the kiss. He made the first move."

       Chen's eyes widened. "No way! Minseok saw that."

       "I think. He dropped the tray when he entered."

       "He must be shocked."

       "Or jealous..."

       They both looked at each other. "You think so?" Chen asked.

       Yifan shrugged. He didn't expect the reaction at all, but that's the only explanation he could think ofMinseok's jealous. They looked back at the boy, who was now lying on his bed, playing with his toy platypus.

       "Why don't we ask him?"

 

They both entered the room with feeble steps.

       "Are you okay?" Chen was the first to ask.

       "Not really," Minseok answered, a frown on his face then he looked at Yifan. "Did you see what happened earlier?"

       The elder nodded, sitting beside Minseok on the bed. "I'm sorry. Maybe Luhan didn't mean"

       "I should be the one apologizing. I was almost found out by them. I think I even scared Chanyeon-shi off. I didn't mean it. She's just"

       "She's the problem, Minseok. She's luring Luhan," said Chen.

       "What do you mean?"

       "Are you fine with the kiss?" Yifan asked.

       "Kiss? What kiss?"

       Yifan gaped. "You didn't—Isn't that why you're feeling sad?"

       "I don't know about the kiss but it was the marshmallow I'm worried about. Do you remember when we entered? One marshmallow escaped my bra."

       Chen bit his fist as he stared at Minseok's serious face.

       "Then I tripped just when I was about to pick it up. The teacups fell from the tray. And then, Chanyeon-shi came and she was standing close to the marshmallow. I was too afraid so I accidentally shouted at her not to get too close. You don't think they noticed the marshmallow, do you? Do you think they found out about my marshmallow s?"

       "No. I think you distracted them well enough."

       Minseok seemed to heave a sigh of relief as the smile returned to his face. Just in time when there's a knock on the door. Chen was the one who opened it, frowning as he saw who it was. "Minseok, can we leave you for a while?"

 

##

 

"Why won't you let me in?" Luhan asked when Yifan and Chen stood, arms crossed in front of Minseok's room.

       "He doesn't want to talk to you," Chen declared.

       "What?" he asked in disbelief. "Is-is he mad at me?" he stuttered. Yifan could clearly see the fear in his brother's eyes. No matter how pitiful to see his brother like this, it was still fun looking at him trapped in their mischief.

       "What do you think? I don't think he wants to talk to you now or forever."

       "If it was about the-the..." Luhan couldn't even open his mouth, disgust filled his throat. He didn't want to recall what happened at all. "the kiss, I didn't mean it."

       "The kiss? You kissed Chanyeon. You should feel horribly guilty. Or maybe you enjoyed it," came Chen's fake anger, although deep inside, he was trying to stifle a laugh seeing the blood drained from Luhan's face. He looked so pale.

       "I didn't enjoy it. Whatever happened wasn't my doing. Just let me in," he said, trying to squeeze his way in. But Yifan alone was strong enough to push him away.

       "Like we said, Minseok's not in the mood to talk to you. He is..." Chen was faking tears.

       "Don't say he's jealous?" Luhan asked it in a tone so hopeful, Yifan whacked him on the head. 

       "Don't be so full of yourself. He felt betrayed, that's all. He went here all the way from Korea to help you, and there you are flirting with a girl you just met."

       "That's not true! I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to-to-to kiss her!"

       "So you're saying you still like Minseok?" Chen asked mischievously. 

       Luhan immediately came with a reply. "Of course I like him!" But his eyes widened when he thought of what he just came out of his mouth. "Did I just say I like him? No! Forget what I've said."

       "I think it's best that you stay away from him for now. He needs space," Yifan said with a serious face. Luhan's shoulder dropped despondently, looking like a rejected pup.

       "Okay..." He said, already pivoting on his heels when he turned around again. "Tell him I'm really sorry."

       "I will," Yifan replied firmly. 

       When Luhan was already far for him to hear what they're talking about, Chen looked at the elder. "Do you think we've taken it too far?"

       "Nah," Yifan shrugged, smiling. "In fact, it'll make things easier. We'll separate Minseok from him until he can't take it anymore, and he'll come to take him back. He's the Prince Charming after all. It's his responsibility to take the real princess back."

       "If you're only as beautiful as Minseok, I'll kiss you right now." Chen grinned. Yifan's eyes narrowed, face twisted in disgust.

       Minseok's door opened. "Who's kissing who?"

 

##

 

"Whatever Luhan does, you should avoid him at all costs."

       "Why?" he asked worriedly. Minseok's bottom lip jutted out. "Is he mad at me?"

       "No. Not at all," Yifan assured. "It's part of the plan to rescue Luhan. Isn't that why you're here?"

       Minseok suddenly stood alert. "Yes."

       "The plan is to show grandpa that you and Luhan entirely broke up and not in good terms. That's why you need to avoid him. Be hostile to him if necessary."

       Minseok was listening intently, nodding on his every word. "Okay, I'll do it!"

 

##

 

Chanyeon quickly hid herself when he saw Minyeo coming out from Luhan's brother's room.

       What is she doing there? she thought as she watched the girl go down the stairs. Could it be...

 

##

 

Luhan thought it was over the next day but when he saw Minseok in the hallway as he tried to wave at him, the boy ignored his greeting, turning to the right corridor. What baffled him was when Yifan came out from the corner and exchanged high-fives with Minseok like they were the best bud in the world.

       How did that even happen?

       He was about to confront his brother's betrayal when Chanyeon came, all happy and loud, hooking her arm on Luhan's. He could see from the corner of his eyes how his brother glared at him.

 

"Hey, I don't know if you've noticed but"

       "I don't really want to talk to you. And please stop touching me."

       Chanyeon only gaped for a second but ignored him altogether. "But we're getting married. Might as well get used to being close, right? SoLuhan cringed when her hand curled around his arm tighter. "aren't you weirded out by your brother's relationship to your ex-girlfriend? Aren't they unusually close?"

       The idea never occurred to Luhan. No matter how ert Yifan seemed like, he never doubted his brother's intention towards Minseok. As far as he knew, Yifan was straight as a log. 

       "That makes you think, innit?" Chanyeon's hair bounced as she spoke with delight, but Luhan's mind was already fractured to be disturbed more by her irritating grin. He was absentmindedly dragged by Chanyeon to the dining hall.

 

Yifan and Chen were already there when he entered; both of their eyes were on Chanyeon's arm locked to his right arm. Even his parents and Victoria gaped as they sat on the chair still linked together. He saw the dismay evident on his best friend's face. Yifan's reaction was the same, swaying his head in dismay as he avoided looking at him. Luhan quickly pulled his hand away when Minseok and another servant entered with the food. His and Minseok's eyes met just briefly but Minseok was always the first to shy away. Luhan felt like crying inside.

       What have I done to him?

 

Yifan fished his phone out of his pocket when he felt it vibrated.

       it's working hyung! did u c luhan's face? god, he looks lyk a kickd pup. ^^ - Chen

       im ryt bside u. cud u just talk 2 me? nd i see wat ur talkin' bout. im sure luhan wil come pleading to get his minseok back. :) - Yifan

       "Why are two grinning like idiots?" Victoria noted. 

       "Nothing," Yifan replied when Minseok caught his eyes. He sent the boy a wink, forwarding the working plan. Minseok quirked his brows playfully, smiling. They didn't notice someone's glaring eyes travelling to and fro between the two. Later, his phone vibrated again.

       ur a traitor! - Luhan

       He was about to ask about his brother's nonsense message when he received another. 

       forget that we're brothers! - Luhan

       And another.

       nd stop grinning and winking, dirty old man! - Luhan

       That was it. Yifan lost his cool, directly sending his brother a glare, who sent back with equal intensity like Luhan was threatening him for some reason he couldn't think of.

       wat's ur prob? - Yifan

       He didn't receive a reply as Minseok approached the table, grabbing his brother's attention. 

       "Can I have syrup on my pancake, please?" 

       He saw Minseok stiffened as Luhan raised his plate, eyes twinkling with anticipation. He could see Minseok side glancing to him like looking for some affirmation whether to talk or not to. 

       "Can you pour milk into my glass, Minyeo?" Yifan tried to save the boy. It didn't pass him how Luhan's nose flared or the way his teeth gritted. Their heated exchange of body signals only halted when Chanyeon came into the picture, pouring the whole content of the bottle on Luhan's plate, still grinning.

       "Eat well, oppa!"

       Yifan was even more drowned into confusion when Minseok came to him, pouring the milk generously to his cup. He was smiling so wide as he spoke, "Drink well, Yifan-hyu...oppa!" 

       nid 2 talk ryt after dis! - Luhan

 

##

 

Yifan never followed his brother's text, avoiding him all day as much as possible. Just when he thought he could run away from Luhan's ridiculous bickering, he didn't expect (okay, probably half expected) the younger already sitting on his bed as Yifan entered his room.

       "'Oppa?' Really?"

       "Well it's either that or hyung. I believe the latter is more dangerous."

       "I don't care. So are you trying be Minseok's sugar daddy now?" Luhan said, crossing his arms.

       Yifan frowned. "Sugar daddy? Oh please. What is this all about? What are you getting mad at me for?"

       "Oh don't act like you don't know. You're seducing Minseok! That's ia."

       "Seduce? ia?" Yifan gaped. He couldn't believe what he was just hearing from his own kin and blood. "Okay," he started, raising his finger. "First of all, I'm just seven years older than the two of you so I'm not that old. Second, what gives you the assumption that I'm seducing Minseok?"

       "Ah! And you're still in denial, huh? What about those times you're seen leaving Minseok's room?"

       "But you also saw Chen yesterday. I wasn't the only one there."

       "How about the high-five?"

       "What's wrong with it?"

       "And the disgusting wink?"

       "Hey! I believe my wink is to die for."

       "And oppa?!"

       "Okay, that's it! I'm full of your e." Yifan raised his hands. "Why don't you just admit that you're jealous?"

       "II—I," Luhan was stuttering again. His crossed arms fell on his lap. "N-n-no. I'm not jealous."

       "Of course you're not because you're clearly infatuated with Chanyeon!"

       "What?! How could you say that?"

       "Ah! The locking of arms! The wiping of your nose! The pouring of syrup to your pancakes! And the most obvious of all..." Luhan's eyes widened, already expecting the perfect retort. "The kiss! You kissed her!"

       "I...I..."

       "You're speechless. See? The evidence is very clear. And you're guilty!"

       "I know that you know that I'll never like girls! And I also know that you don't like boys!"

       Yifan chuckled before his face turned serious. Sharp eyes fixed on his brother. "Why if I say that I'm turning gay for Minseok? What you gonna do brotha?"

       Luhan could only stare with wide eyes, confounded.

 

       dis is bad. i think i've gone 2 far - Yifan

       wat hapend? - Chen

       i may have disrupt the balance of the world. - Yifan

 

##

 

Of course, Yifan only wanted the best for his brother and never intended to have a fight with him. So he wouldn't be surprised to find himself in front of his brother's door still early in the morning to apologize. He didn't expect to see however was...

       "Oh, I didn't expect to see you here, Yifan-oppa! I can call you oppa right."

...Chanyeon opening the door for him.

       "What are you doing here?"

       "Me? I just invite Luhan-oppa to go skiing with me today. Luhan-oppa, please be fast. We're going to be late!" she shouted.

       Since when do these two became close for Luhan to let her enter her room? Yifan could only contemplate.

       "I'm almost done!" He believed he just heard Luhan's enthusiastic voice.

       The two waited until Luhan got out of the room, all packed up and ready.

       "What are you doing here?" his brother asked aloofly.

       "Uhm, you two going out?"

       "Yup!" Luhan smiled. Yifan knew it was forced. "A bonding activity as we call it."

       "Right. But before you go...about yesterday, I just want to"

       "No need. I don't need any explanation. You can feel whatever you want to feel. I don't care." Yifan couldn't tell if his brother was bluffing or not especially when he was looking at him straight without his eyes blinking.

       "Are you sure?"

       "I am sure." Luhan's attention turned to Chanyeon. "Shall we go?"

       "What about Minyeo?" Yifan interrupted.

       "What about him? Her! I mean what about her?" They all instinctively glanced at Chanyeon who didn't seem to notice anything suspicious. 

       "What about Minyeo-unnie?" Chanyeon inquired innocently.

       Yifan stared at Luhan intently, trying to elicit the reaction he wanted to see. But Luhan managed to showcase a very unaffected expression. "Nothing," Yifan answered.

       "If that's it then we should go now oppa."

       Yifan watched as the two walked away with Chanyeon's arm latched on Luhan just like yesterday. 

 

       da plan just failed. - Yifan

       i saw luhan going out with chanyeon. wat's happening?!? - Chen

       minseok's here btw. he doesn't look good - Chen

       i think luhan just turned himself in. he already surrender to the marriage. - Yifan

       NOOOOOO! - Chen

 

##

 

"What happened?"

       Just when Yifan thought there couldn't be anymore that could turn his already sour mood, Chanyeon came in bursting to the door, bawling like a child. 

       "O-o-oppa, I can't find Luhan-oppa." She was shivering, her eyes were all red. Yifan could sense her fear. 

       Everybody was in the lobby. His grandpa and his parents immediately went to Chanyeon. His mother and Victoria enclosed her in a hug, trying to calm her as the chairman and his father went to talk to the assigned bodyguard that went with them.

       "Where's he? Where's Luhan?"

       "We don't know, boss. He just disappeared when we're hiking down."

       Yifan saw his father turning red like he was about to burst in anger, pacing around, tugging his hair in frustration. His grandfather looked like he was about to faint. His mother tried to stay calm for Chanyeon but Yifan could see her eyes appearing wet. Chen was standing in the corner, silent, but worry was evident on his face.

       "Then look for him!"

       "We can't sir. The snow outside is getting worse."

       "But we can't just leave my son alone to die in the cold."

       "Oh my god! Luhan's going to die and i-i-it's all m-my fault!" Chanyeon sobbed. 

       "No dear. Whatever happened it's not your fault," their mother cooed. "They will find Luhan."

       It was then that a faint voice from the corner caught everyone's attention.

       "I'll go and look for him," said Minseok, already carrying his huge backpack (or in Chen's exact words, his camping equipment). Chen wasn't lying though when he told Yifan earlier that the boy didn't looked good. He really didn't. He looked paler than usual. His lips were colored light pink rather than the usual rose to warmer shade of red. His eyes were also drooping like he was about to faint soon.

       "I don't think that's a good idea," Yifan said to the boy.

       "Don't worry," he insisted, trying to sound livelier. Yifan's scowl only got deeper. "Snow is my best friend. I can handle the weather."

       "No you can't," Chen said.

       "Yes, I can!" Minseok said with his original male voice. Everyone's eyes widened. "I mean I can~" he said in a more mellow voice. "Please let me."

       "No, you don't seem fine," said Yifan.

       "Yifan's right, Minyeo. I appreciate your help but we don't want another casualty. Our men will take care of everything," their father said reassuringly. "Yifan and Chen, bring Minyeo to her room. And also Victoria, you bring Chanyeon to her room. She needs to rest. We'll take the situation from here."

       Minseok still tried to resist even if Chen was already holding his hand. His eyes were still pleading but Yifan only swayed his head, trying to get the weight of the boy's bag out of his back. 

       "Luhan will be fine," he muttered. Minseok felt hot when their hands brushed briefly.

 

##

 

It was already dark when his father and their men came back, still with no Luhan in sight.

       "How's Minyeo?"

       "She has slight fever due to the change in temperature so we let her rest. Chen's there to take care of him. Her! How about Luhan?"

       "We found no trace of your brother. He might be"

       "Yifan-hyung!" he heard Chen's loud voice from the maids' chamber. He and his father immediately ran to his aid. They saw Chen wide-eyed and frantic in front of Minseok's room. 

       "What happened?" his father asked. 

       "I'm really sorry. I just went to get a glass of water since Minyeo requested it but when I came back..." Chen opened the door to Minseok's room. They were greeted with the cold breeze coming from the open window. His bed was empty. 

       "She's gone." 

 


Comments won't hurt me. Your silence will.