Chapter 7 - Gradual Revelations

Torn

---

"Yes, he's such a nice friend." Yixing replied to the still glaring Suho, while stuck at a handshake.

It felt different though.

Since Yixing likes Jongin, he didn't feel any shock or electricity flowing through his veins despite the tight handshake.

It felt wrong though.

He's feeling his hand getting gripped tightly, maybe way too strong for his liking.

So, he let go, before his hand might get hurt.

Suho's dark aura remained, but seeing that Jongin is just around, he decided to chill out a bit, since he doesn't want Jongin to get the wrong idea.

"I see. Well, I've been always observant, and sure, I can tell from what I see everytime, you had gained a great friend." Suho's voice was calmer, but he suddenly facepalmed internally, since he is not meant to tell them that Suho always witnessed their get-togethers.

Jongin's eyes widened, and so as Yixing's. Chanyeol just stayed put.

"So are you saying hyung, that you were peeking all the time?" Jongin asked.

Yixing flinched. He knows Suho isn't really happy, but he doesn't want to give Jongin distance just because it's his hyung's orders.

"We-well, no, not that it -- Oh, never mind. Chanyeol and I have to go, and Yixing, please look out for him for a while. Jongin, h-have fun." Suho was faltering, and he got shy, wishing he didn't spill out anything, going back to his normal expression, thinking he might have overreacted about Yixing.

Jongin shouted, "Hyung, wait!"

 

Since Yixing wanted to make sure Suho doesn't know anything about him, he called out for him. "Suho! I just wanna ask something!"

Suho turned his head, knowing it's Yixing's voice, "Now what?"

"Do you, by any chance, knew me before?"

"What did you mean?" Suho stared seriously.

Yixing realized it was a wrong move for him, he definitely should not have called Suho.

"No, nothing, just wondering if you saw me before. S-sorry."

Suho still has a blank face, but by what Yixing said, his mind was left hanging, thinking why he should ask if he knew Yixing before.

"Okay. I'm going." He gave a look to Yixing as if saying "I'm watching".

"Geez, I still have to talk to Suho-hyung. Yixing-hyung, can we hang out some other time?" Jongin said, with slightly sparkling eyes over Yixing.

"Okay." Yixing replied.

"But, why would you ask such a question to Suho-hyung?"

"It's a secret."

"But hyung, you are really problematic about it. I want to know why, since you look stressed."

"Just talk to Suho for now. He's probably lying about going home."

Jongin pouted, "Yixing-hyung, you're avoiding the question, but I'll let you. I have to go. I'll see you again!"

Jongin walked away.

Yixing waved, but he wanted to still be with Jongin, since he's a bit worried that Jongin won't go together with him for a while, since he is also focused on making Suho's feelings better.

Two things: He's pretty sure Suho likes Jongin. Suho doesn't know his real identity yet, which of course, he is going to hide, since it could make worse problems between him and his self-proclaimed "ex-crush."

------

Jongin was heading to the main hall, when he bumped to his best friend, coincidentally.

"Oh Sehun, you're here! I missed your presence."

Of course, his best friend acted very cold, "Oh yeah. How I wish. I know you had a lot of fun."

"Stop it Sehun, and you should remember that I'm with you guys again tomorrow!"

"Okay, okay. But, you better be. If you are finding Suho, he's on the school front, sitting, and he looks really down."

Jongin's eyes widened. "How the heck did you know, clever man?"

Sehun just stared at Jongin. "Really, Jongin? Is eavesdropping not in your vocabulary? Besides, it's a small world we have. I was just peeking at you guys, because I accidentally heard you."

"Accidentally, really? I know you are a very clever person, Oh Sehun, and I think you wanted to drain data out of our words again."

"Data, really? Kim Jongin, if you want, I'll tell our hyungs that you have a lot of allowance and you'll buy all of our lunches."

Jongin glared. "Don't even try." Sehun laughed and gave a smirk.

"I have to go, and besides, Sehun, you keep scaring the soul out of me."

Jongin then continued his walk, and Sehun let out a couple of chuckles, since he really wanted to see his best friend get teased and start a glaring contest again, just like their usual time. For Sehun, this, for sure is one of Jongin's positive sides, though not exactly positive. He, definitely, was excited for tomorrow's hang-out.

---

Meanwhile, at the school front, Suho, sitting beside Chanyeol, is still weary and deep in thought about the events today. Chanyeol already made him spill out what he needed to say.

"So that's how it is. You should try to cut Yixing some slack. Besides, I think Jongin cares a lot about you." Chanyeol  sincerely said.

"I guess so. I'll try. I can handle this." Suho replied, still in a weak tone. "I just hope that Jongin wasn't too wary of what I was saying earlier and how different I acted like back there."

Chanyeol just nodded. "So, are you still staying?"

"Yeah. I'll get some fresh air for a while."

Chanyeol stared at Suho for a moment. "Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow." Chanyeol walked away as he headed home.

Then, after only a few minutes, he saw Jongin standing in front of him.

"Suho-hyung, can you at least tell me what's wrong?"

Suho stared at Jongin, sadly, "It's okay. I don't have to reveal it." Then, he tried to lighten up. "But, can you go together with us tomorrow?"

Jongin replied, but his expression got more serious, "Of course. I just told Sehun. Besides, you, Sehun and Chanyeol-hyung are still the best pack of friends to me, but you are acting weird, hyung. I don't know why are you greatly affected by my friendship with Yixing though."

"Nah." Suho smiled. "I was just concerned."

"No, seriously. My first thoughts if I told you I met Yixing, I am pretty sure you would be very happy, but it wasn't the same as I thought. But wait...."

 

 

"You're jealous, Suho-hyung, aren't you?"

 

By the time Jongin said that, Suho just froze, and his heart is pumping a little bit too fast, with his eyes widened.

"Hyung."

 

Suho came back from his thoughts. "Oh, sorry. What did you say?"

Jongin frowned. "Hyung, you're not even paying attention." Jongin went back to his bright self again. "I told you that you might be jealous that you were thinking I would replace you guys as my best friends."

In Suho's mind, he is breathing heavily in relief, as he thought Jongin was suspicious of him, and Jongin knew what he was thinking right now.

"I guess so."

Jongin then chuckled, "Hyung, you are very weird today. You're the most mature in our group and yet you are starting to become like Sehun."

Suho just laughed back, trying to keep up with him. "I didn't complain like Sehun would do to you."

"If you say so." Jongin gave a pat on his back. "Just kidding. I had a new pack of great friends but I'll be always loyal here." Jongin took some steps forward. "Suho-hyung, I'll be leaving. Do you want to go with me on the way home?"

Suho gave a grin, "Sure. I'm in a better mood right now." Suho then touched Jongin's back. Frankly, Suho still is very gentle, and it's just that he really liked Jongin, so he was carried away too much by the situation. At this point, Suho won't be too strict, since it's not in his nature. Besides, Yixing didn't do a thing that bad to him or anything.

"Then that's good, hyung!" Jongin smiled, and this time, it's brighter.

Then they had a good stroll heading home.

Also, Sehun, who was hearing the conversation, was able to collect information. He wasn't amused when Jongin mentioned his complaints though.

----

When Yixing returned home, he realized something.

 

He forgot to ask Jongin's number. Again.

To his dismay, he went to his bedroom, probably frustrated.

His mind is still heavy of thoughts, and he doesn't even know if he has the appetite to eat dinner.

He is thinking though, Suho might like Jongin, but he likes Jongin more.

His phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Luhan here. I just want to know how the meeting went."

"It was intense, and I can't believe Suho looked like a different person to me back there."

"So he likes Jongin, isn't it?"

"Yes, but it's a good thing he doesn't know me yet, and I think we can solve the problem."

"I like him though." Luhan said it in the way that Yixing looked so convinced.

Yixing's eyes narrowed. "What does that even mean? Are you trying to tease me again?"

"Okay! Okay, calm down! It depends on Jongin though, but I think he cherishes both you and Suho, but I'm not sure if he has love in his mind. We'll meet tomorrow, don't worry."

"Okay, bye." Yixing said calmly.

He hung up.

----

10:53 pm

Suho's asleep, and he seemed peaceful, since despite his sudden violent reactions back at the school, his friendly conversation with Jongin was nice enough. He wished he could give a hint about his feelings for his dongsaeng, but when he thinks about it, he just doesn't feel like it's the right time. Besides, Jongin is only Yixing's friend for now.

For now.

Suho decided to sleep it out, since he should not jump to conclusions anyway.

Though his sleep was currently quiet, it was interrupted.

He was dreaming again.

This time, he saw a familiar figure far away from where he is standing : in front of his locker again, but the figure is blurry yet again for him to recognize the person. Then, he opened his locker, revealing a letter, that says "Why are you ignoring me? I wish you knew me."  In the top left, there's "To : Suho" written, and in the bottom right, it says "The one who loved you before". Next to that was incomprehensible, since the letters were messed up and the handwriting was blurry. He then heard music, something made from a guitar, and it looked like a serenade-type song to him, even though there was no lyrics. He just continued until his vision got blurred.

 

He woke up.

He wanted to sleep again, but he focused on his dream. He knows this is another hint about his secret admirer, since his last dream was connected to this, and the dreams match. 

*FLASHBACK*

But this time, images came in his mind at his slumber. He was dreaming.

He felt himself walking towards a locker, with his name written big on it, shining in front of his eyes, it's his locker for sure. He opened the locker, and noticed there was a picture of a man. He couldn't tell the appearance, because it was blurry, but he was sure it was a student, by the color complexion of the uniform. He saw this familiar notebook beside it, with a red velvety cover, he tried to open the notebook, and he saw a composed song. He read the title, uttering "For You, ---" But suddenly he was interrupted by a burst of light hurting his eyes and made him white out.

*FLASHBACK END*

Suho was pretty sure that the man in the picture in his past dream was the man he saw in his current dream. He's also certain that the person looked familiar, but he couldn't still think about who he is, since it's still way too blurry. He was also thinking about the phrase written at the end of the letter.

"The one who loved you before."

He thought in his mind, "Does that mean the secret admirer doesn't like me anymore?"

He thought about that, but he's not that affected since he loves someone else, and though he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, it's how it is.

He settled himself for bed again, but as his dreams get more sentimental, he gets more eager to know the truth inside those dreams itself.

---

The next day

7:47 am 

 

Jongin, as usual, looked energetic as he went inside the school gates, especially when he spotted Yixing's group of friends.

"Yixing-hyung!"

Yixing and Luhan turned around. Yixing immediately let out a wide grin.  

"I just want to tell you guys that I can't hang out with you today, but maybe next time."

Yixing replied, brightly, "Sure! We'll miss you though."

 

Or rather, he wanted to say "I'll miss you though."

Jongin then smiled and chuckled. "Whoa hyung, that's a big statement. Where's Chen-hyung?"

Luhan spoke, "He's not here yet, but we're planning on going ahead to the classrooms."

Weird enough, Jongin smiled at stared at Luhan for a moment, and Luhan returned those actions. Yixing is feeling uneasy about this though.

"Before I go to my friends, Luhan-hyung, I want to ask you something."

Luhan just stared at Jongin, while Yixing is trying to anticipate.

 

 

 

"Luhan-hyung, can you go out with me tomorrow?"

 

Silence.

 

Luhan's eyes widened in full shock.

 

Yixing, felt his heart go up, with eyes actually even bigger than Luhan's.

Yixing, talking in his mind, "What did Jongin say? Go out with Luhan? What 'go out' did he mean?"

 

To be continued.....

 

--

Thank you so much guys for upcoming, subscribing, commenting, praising and everything. ^ ^ They are highly appreciated! Done with the update, and this one really took me a couple of hours to finish XD Twists, here they go. Lol Still, I'm trying to get the KaiHo and KaiLay as best as they can be. Sorry for errors, mistakes, etc. XD. How was this chapter? ^____^ I'm trying to even out Kaiho and Kailay moments, but remember, Jongin can only end up with one. And whoops, there was suddenly Kailu too. Sorry. XD I just had to make the story more unpredictable in an organized way. ^__^ But remember. We still don't know if Jongin's feelings would change. You never know. A lot can still happen. Thank you again! :)