Chapter 2 - Recovery Part 2

Torn

Time passed really slow for Jongin while taking the heavy string of classes. Of course, he was able to pay attention on the discussion, as he is definitely not a dummy in studying, though sometimes, his best friend would find endless ways to give distraction. He is used to it though, since it happened so much last year, but occasionally, if they buy bubble tea when Sehun forgets his money, he would only buy for himself, drinking it in front of his best friend, and since Sehun is craving for bubble tea always, Sehun would give him the "You're dead" look afterwards, knowing that Jongin was able to take revenge for his best friend's everlasting antics.

Whilst Suho, the really smart senior, felt a tad underwhelmed since he knew a lot of the lessons discussed for the whole morning, but as expected, his presence in class is very strong as he's active no matter what.

Walking towards the cafeteria....

 

"Geez.... I'm so stoked for food, maybe it felt like a bit of a snoozefest back there." Sehun said after a big yawn.

"Yeah right. And yet your grades actually don't . What a miracle." Jongin scoffed and replied sharply.

"Don't underestimate me. You're such a snob, you didn't even respond to my attempts to secretly message you in class." Sehun said with a pretentious sad expression.

"I am not a fool to fall for your tricks." Jongin said, hitting him in the arm.

"Yeah, just wait until I tell Suh--" 

"No." Jongin sharply interrupted. "Besides, Suho-hyung knows me too well to believe your statement anyway.

Sehun teasingly said, "Then why are you so paranoid?" And let out a smirk.

Jongin breathed heavily. "Because you are waaaay too clever. Too clever that you creep me out already."

Sehun released a laugh. "Then at least you know you can't win against me when it comes to this."

"Not always!"

"It was only like twice!"

Jongin sighed. "Never mind, we should rather meet Suho-hyung and his friend than initiate a word war with you."

Sehun stuck his tongue out.

 

--

12:08 pm

Meanwhile, Yixing feels lighter after the classes, he doesn't have a huge problem with school anyway. He was sitting with his friends in a table on the far southern-right of the cafeteria, since the cafeteria is so crowded it's very hard for anyone to stare in awe to people on the other side of the cafeteria, but little did Yixing's friends know, that he has recovered and he's not pursuing his "ex-man". Besides, he won't even try to look around now, in contrast to his daily habit in the past on setting his eyes carefully on the whole, huge cafeteria, just hoping he would locate Suho, which his noisy friends for.

 

What he doesn't know is that, somewhere, his past crush is eating lunch with his actual crush, but Yixing is too focused on eating, and would just give confused glances at his friends occasionally, who are definitely shocked and felt weirded out by the Yixing who didn't look like the Yixing they know.

 

Chen whispered to his "deer friend", "Is that even Yixing?"

Luhan replied, "You know right. I know what you mean." Then Yixing noticed them.

"Hmm? What are you guys even gossiping about?" Yixing said, indifferently.

Chen replied, "Not gossiping, my friend...." Yixing only stared at them, giving a questioning look.

Chen couldn't help but go nuts about this. "Gee Yixing, Yixing, what did you eat? This is so not you."

"What do you mean?"

Luhan frowned. "Yeah. As if you don't even notice yourself, Yixing." He said sarcastically.

Chen moved his face near. "You seem to be able to eat and finish your meal right now."

It was Luhan's turn to move nearer Yixing, who is in the other side of the table. "You seem so relaxed while eating right now."

Chen's again. "You seem to have quitted the staring game right now."

Luhan now, and for seconds he touched Yixing's left chest, "You seem to have normal heartbeat in this lunch time, right now."

Since Yixing can't help but cringe at how his friends talk to him, he spoke. "You guys have to calm down, for our sake first." And they got back to their seats.

"But seriously, are you still sending him letters?" Chen asked.

"No."

"Do you still steal glances at him?" Chen asked, at a higher tone.

"No."

"Do you still try to make him like y--"

"No."

Luhan facepalmed. "Whoa, you are so straightforward. Three questions, one answer."

"I have moved on, so you might want to finish your meals. We might get late," is all Yixing said, then drank his soda.

"If you say so." Chen quietly said, then went back to their meals.

After a few minutes, Yixing said with a normal expression. "Do you want to go to the music room with me later?"

Luhan replied, with a tone not as bright as earlier. "Nope, it's your quality time. So we let you be."

Then Chen whispered yet again, "I can't still believe that's him, though. As if I'm dreaming."

Yixing noticed the two whispering again, but he let out a soft chuckle, and left the cafeteria without his friends noticing.

 

...

"Yixing?"

"Geez, he really did change, leaving his friends like that."

"Yeah, Chen, enough with it. Let's go and follow him."

 

-----

When the two best friends, who definitely hate each other at that point right now, arrived at the cafeteria, they immediately noticed their hyung with a tall figure, sitting in the table at the north-left-most part.

 

Because of the crowded status, definitely it's too crowded for them to get seen by someone who are placed at the far right-most side of the cafeteria. So, the two worlds won't collide each other mutually.

 

 

"What's up, Suho-hyung?"

"Jongin, here he is, Park Chanyeol, a senior transferee. I already told him about you two."

The two shook hands with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol suddenly, "Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin, you meddle each other's lives don't you?" He finished with a laugh.

Jongin whined, "Hyung.... Why did you have to tell that bit?"

Sehun replied proudly, "It's because it will help Chanyeol-hyung realize that my evil plans 99% work on you."

Jongin shouted, but while showing a happy expression. "Shut up Sehun! You lie way too much!"

With the two older men only staring at the two younger, the best friends finally calmed down.

While they were eating, Chanyeol could clearly see Suho stealing glances at Jongin, and every time the younger would look at him, the blushing Suho would look down instead. Sehun, also, noticed the action. Sehun would give Chanyeol a "what's that" look, but the latter would give a "I don't know look. The cycle continued until....

 

Chanyeol loudly whispered, "You really really like him, don't YOU?"

Suho elbowed him in return. "Be quiet! You are saying it too loudly!"

Sehun and Jongin would pause looking at the other two in their business.

Jongin uttered, "What were you guys talking about?"

Chanyeol then quickly spoke, "Jongin, Suho just told me that he l--". Suho's hand covered Chanyeol's mouth with strong force that the latter got taken aback in his seat.

Sehun responded with a bright expression. "Whoa.... Suho, you look really flustered right now."

Suho then sharply said, "It's nothing. Don't mind it. You know that you don't have to know what are we talking about."

Sehun smiled. "Then, I have to tell that Suho-hyung doesn't need to buy chick----"

And also, Jongin covered Sehun's mouth, giving a death glare, and all Sehun could do is chuckle, while Suho and Chanyeol would join the laughing squad.

 

Suho looked at his watch. It's almost class time again.

"Whoops. Time to part ways. Let's meet up at the main hall later."

"Okay then." Jongin replied. "Oh, by the way, Chanyeol-hyung, please buy me bubble t--"

Sehun interrupted. "Nice job, Jongin. But you can't make me jealous like that."

Then, Jongin shrugged it off.

 

-----------------

Thank you guys for reading! And thank you so much for the praise, subscribing and upvoting! It really motivated me to develop this fanfic. Next chapter, there will be some MAJOR happenings, so please stay with me! I try to make it interesting and longer than the last chapter, but by the way, is this chapter long enough? Haha XD Please feel free also to comment for reactions, suggestions and anything, lol, thank you again! ^___^ Sorry also if I made mistakes about my grammar, story telling and etc. lol :D