Chapter 3 - Heartbeat

Torn

Hello again! An update! I apologize for being a little bit inactive for a while, it took longer for an update to be posted again since I am busy with some other things, ^_^ Also, if you see the poster for this chapter above, there's a hint about the main event in this chapter. I think you have an idea already, lol, you'll eventually find out! Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting! And advanced sorry for errors, etc. :3 Hope you like it, please enjoy reading! ^__^ v

------

Skip to After Classes....

 

Yixing, as he pulled out his song notebook, sitting at the far end of the music room, looked one last time at his composed song about his "you-know-who", as he is ready to abandon the things that he thought are a waste of time. Even though it's about Suho, back the old days, he decided to make it private, the song being only known by himself and as-expected Chen and Luhan, who were able to read it when they secretly "invaded" Yixing's bag just to know his lovely secret, since he would be always be seen by his friends writing on his precious notebook, and as usual, the two were way too curious to hold back....... Yixing doesn't know about anything his playful friends did though.

 

One moment upon searching in his notebook, he was completely reminded again of how obsessed he was with Suho as various stolen shots and quotes are placed in the small notebook. There was even a stolen shot of his charming smile, since Yixing is pretty good when it comes to photography, too, something he is so grateful for, and something he seems regretful for. 

At that point, Yixing had a sudden depression inside, but despite his sadness, what happened has happened, and the way he feels in the past is gone in the present, so he didn't feel so uneasy about this, and he quickly recovered, let out a small smile, and closed the notebook.

He was going to throw the notebook away, and though he did have second thoughts, thinking about he shouldn't take this so badly, he did think this is a way to diminish the feelings he had, the memories he had, since it has been a long time, and all he ever seen was Suho's rejection and ignorance towards his attempts to show his feelings, and definitely it's a stab to his self-esteem, a critical hit to his heart, especially he felt that Suho would not even reciprocate a tiny bit of his wholesome love. But he suddenly wondered..... About the fact that he knows Suho very very well. He knows Suho is one of the most gentle and nicest persons he had ever witnessed, but when it comes to his letters, it's not even close. He sometimes thought that maybe Suho hates lovelife or secret admirers, but he took away those thoughts since there must be a deeper reason behind all of those happenings.

 

 

 

Why in the world is Suho like that?

 

But even though there are some questions that are unanswered for Yixing, he didn't change his mind, especially he believes that he'll find someone he will love someday. He let go, threw the notebook, packed up his things and went out of the music room.

 

Then, Chen and Luhan were just outside waiting for him.... Oh wait. Spying on him, actually. Obviously, they lied once again to Yixing about not following him to the music room. Yixing doesn't get too furious about their habits though, so maybe that triggers them to spy on Yixing 1234456789 times ( ^__^ ). They still give some privacy and space though, because of course, they are close friends.  They don't wanna look like stalkers anyway.

As Yixing had sight of his friends, Chen immediately gave a pat on his back. "So that's how it is, eh?"

Yixing replied, "Yup. And you two still follow me." He sighed. "I'm going home."

Yixing quickly walked away. Chen whined. "Hey, Xing! Slow down!"

Then, Luhan asked, "You think he'll love another one?"

Chen gave a sarcastic face. "Oh obviously. What do you expect? I think he's still fresh from his sadness though, so I don't think someone will give him the "love chills" soon."

 

Soon.

 

Luhan hit him in the head. "You and your vocabulary."

Chen just laughed it off.

 

--

 

Just as Suho and Chanyeol went outside of the classroom, when his group is supposed to be meeting at the main hall, Jongin and Sehun were already waiting, standing in front of them, frowning.

Chanyeol looked confused, but when he looked at his watch, it seems like they finished 15 minutes later than the young ones.

"Hyungs, we waited like forever." Jongin said, pouting. And Suho was definitely amused, and struck by his dongsaeng's charm. But of course, Suho's very good at hiding. Hiding his feelings.

Sehun then gave him a questioning look, "Kim Jongin, stop exaggerating everything. For sake, it's only 15 minutes."

Jongin was obviously frustrated, answering back, "Sehun, as if you are not bored. You had the same expression as mine."

Sehun just laughed in return.

Chanyeol then said, looking at Suho, "Don't look at me. Your favorite hyung was really busy in his duties. You guys have no idea how I had to deal with my boredom too." He then grinned.

Suho gave a glare to Chanyeol, but sighed, since it's true, and it's just that his best friend was a little bit too overreacting. "Okay, okay, my apologies. How 'bout we go somewhere though, we still have some free time, and it's pretty much okay since it's just orientation. But we won't stay up all night. We have school. Hyung's advice." He looked at the two dongsaengs.

Kai smiled. "Well at least you know to make it up for us, hyung. Even though you are really strict." Suho then gave a big smile in return, and of course Chanyeol thought of it as expected.

"Agreed." Sehun said it fast.

Kai roared back, "Ya, you're probably trolling. You don't even agree to anything I say." 

"Then I take back what I said."

Kai sighed, "You are such a bummer. Could you at least think I'm joking?"

Chanyeol then muttered, "Time is running. We better go."

They went out, as usual like last year, they go to stores, crave for bubble teas (Jongin is not amused), crave for chicken (Sehun is definitely NOT amused), and stuff. The only difference is, Chanyeol is included to the pack, and it ain't that bad, since Chanyeol's pretty much a fun filler, and would trigger a lot of laughs around his group. Nothing much to say, they enjoyed it, with a couple of Sekai wars, and were back home early, as their wise ol' hyung would say.

 

-----Suho-----

11:43pm

Suho was asleep, or maybe he thinks he is, but he probably is. He felt very relaxed and happy about what happened this day, and he would think of Jongin a lot only moments after he parted ways with him.

But this time, images came in his mind at his slumber. He was dreaming.

He felt himself walking towards a locker, with his name written big on it, shining in front of his eyes, it's his locker for sure. He opened the locker, and noticed there was a picture of a man. He couldn't tell the appearance, because it was blurry, but he was sure it was a student, by the color complexion of the uniform. He saw this familiar notebook beside it, with a red velvety cover, he tried to open the notebook, and he saw a composed song. He read the title, uttering "For You, ---" But suddenly he was interrupted by a burst of light hurting his eyes and made him white out.

 

He then woke up.

He felt uneasy after his dream, thinking about what would his dream mean, but he had a familiar feeling about it. He did remember the love letters he received inside his locker. But he's in second thought. What was title of the composed song he was reading? Who is the person in that picture? What was the song for? And finally, could this be all about his unknown admirer?

...

..

Never mind, he thought, besides, someone has his heart already, and he doesn't have plans on trying to know him. And even though he wants to know his identity, it doesn't matter too much. 

He likes Jongin too much.

No, he loves Jongin too much to get caught in that moment.

So, he took back all his thoughts, and went back to sleep, saving his questions for quite some other time.

 

 

But he was desperate to know more. He was curious. Very curious. 

 

----

The next day, after classes

The day flowed normally, almost like the last day, except that the classes were more interesting (for Suho), and more mindblowing. The lunch progressed with their normal conversations, and whatnot.

Just as Suho and Chanyeol went out to notice that it's only Sehun they see.

Before Suho uttered a word, Sehun spoke "Don't ask me hyungs. I really don't know where he went. But I'm pretty sure he's in the dance room, since whenever he's not with me, he always says he practices there."

Chanyeol scoffed. "Yeah, Sehun, you are pretty clear to me. You don't know where he went and then you tell us where he was. Nice joking." Chanyeol then laughed, while grumpy Sehun frowned. "Should we follow him?"

Suho then interrupted, "Nope, you guys should stay here, I forgot to tell I'm treating you guys to the mall today, not up night. I'll get Jongin to go here." And he walked away without letting the others speak.

Sehun then spoke to his hyung, "There's something about Suho-hyung, isn't it?"

Chanyeol replied, " I guess you're almost there. You're pretty keen. Your best friend is so right about you."

---

Yixing was with his friends after class, and Chen thought he is going to treat them, but maybe Yixing wants to go to his own world right now.

"I guess I shouldn't ask if you would come with me to the dance room this time, eh?"

Chen shrugged, and replied, "No, not at all. For real. Not because it's dance room, not music room, but because you bummed in the world out of me, I'm hungry."

Luhan then laughed, "Geez. You may go. See you tomorrow, and I'll deal with this friend of ours."

Yixing gladly returned, "Thanks." And he walked away.

---

As Yixing walked towards the dance room, he's all ready to refresh himself. He thinks almost no one is in that room every time he checks it out anyway.. And he really wanted to be by himself for now. To clear out his thoughts, to make up his own mind, to enjoy with his own.

And so, he opens the door.. And suddenly he saw a dancing figure facing away from him, and he was stunned at the dancer's skills that he wanted to dance with him, but he just stood there.. And the song was on to the finish. And suddenly, the dancer, with his sweat dripping, turned back to notice him.

"Oh, hi, didn't think that someone could watch me" The boy smiled and shyly laughed.

 

 

And as Yixing had his eyes set on him, here he goes...

 

He was stunned. 

Suddenly, his heart beat really fast.

And he's sure he is feeling that again.

He is in love, again. Love struck him for the second time. 

 

 

But meanwhile, little did he know, someone was watching from the door to the dance room. And definitely, by the way Yixing looked at him, the person looking from the outside is definitely not amused.

 

Jealousy lingered.

 

---