Chapter 12 - Love and Threats

Torn

Side note: For the ones who are Shinee/Key fans, I apologize if I put Key as the villain. It's just for role purposes, and besides, Shinee is also one of my favorite K-Pop groups! :) Sorry also for the ones who were sort of thrown out when I suddenly introduced an antagonist. :) I'm so sorry for the super late update too! I was busy with school work this time, so I'm literally mindblown, XD. I'll try my best to find time to write my fanfic. Thank you very much for the support and praise, everything! :3 It's motivating me. I'll see if I can update on the next day. I really want to update. I have to make it up for you guys! :) Hope you like it! ^__^

---

"Key. Damn it."

 

Jongin's heart pumped even faster. Key was glaring as if he's piercing Jongin's soul. He doesn't even know why Key had to be like that, and he's not even doing anything wrong to him. It's been three years and yet his anger won't wear off.

 

This made him feel unsafe, as he thinks Key has a plan to confront him. He wanted to avoid this as much as possible, since he doesn't mess with him just to make things peaceful, and Jongin's not the aggressive type when it comes to arguments.

When Key noticed Luhan coming out of the bathroom, he swiftly walked away from the view of the restaurant, but Jongin still has worry written all over his expression.

Key's image has been absorbed in Jongin's mind once again.

"Jongin?"

"Jongin!"

When Jongin felt Luhan touching his shoulder, he went back to his own self.

Jongin just acted indifferent. "Huh? What?"

Luhan raised his eyebrow. "You looked so scared. Is there a problem?"

The dongsaeng looked away, as he didn't want to show the signs. "Nope. I was only deep in thoughts."

Luhan gave a questionable stare to his 'date' for a moment, but when Jongin showed that he was in a bright mood, he gave a smile.

"You explore your mind pretty much. You can tell me what's bothering you though."

Jongin just playfully punched his date's arm. "Yah. I told you a lot already. We better go to the stores now. Time is ticking." He then walked away outside the restaurant and continued.

Luhan feels a bit uneasy since Jongin did seem worried and flustered earlier, but he smiled, because of Jongin's acts.

He then followed him, walking fast.

----

They arrived at this department store, where Jongin looked a bit uncomfortable and Luhan was just amused.

It's because when they were walking towards the store, when Luhan caught up, he wrapped his right arm around Jongin's neck area. It was as if Luhan was side-hugging his dongsaeng. The fact that they were just close to each other, to the point that they were like attached, made him blush. 

He really can't help it. Jongin thinks that his hyung is going with him as if they were a couple.

 

A couple. Jongin thought about that, but he thinks that it's normal for Luhan to be clingy and touchy.

But for Luhan, it's not. Even though Luhan is an affectionate person, this is different. It seems like he's being affectionate to Jongin, not just because he wants to get information, but also because it seems natural. 

He naturally wanted to be around Jongin this time.

Because of this, it feels like as if Luhan was making moves towards Jongin's feelings. 

What if, Luhan likes his 'friend' date for real?

What if it turns out that he is rather taking this as an opportunity to get him ahead of the love game than a chance to help his best friend, who also loves the innocent guy?

He decided to set aside the thoughts first.

Luhan broke the silence. "Do you have something in mind to buy?

Jongin smiled, and replied. "Well, I think I want to buy Michael Jackson accessories over there." He pointed out the area.

Before Luhan could speak, Jongin continued, anticipating what his hyung thinks.

"And hyung, don't worry. I'll use my money this time. You already paid enough. I have a lot to thank for."

Luhan grinned. "Yeah, sure. Anytime."

They headed for the Michael Jackson stall, where Jongin was clearly enthusiastic about. While he was busy choosing his items, Luhan noticed that there is a section that makes customized accessories, especially necklaces. That's where he had a big idea. He wanted to make something special to give as a gift in the future. Something that is very sentimental and memorable. Something sweet.

 

When the time comes, he'll give it when he truly loves him, or if he's ready to. He'll keep it for himself for now.

He went to the customized accessories and made a request, while Jongin is still busy finding MJ items. He's pretty strict about the merchandise, since he's an avid MJ fan, and he's sort of choosy in terms of buying.

 

What the two don't know, is that Key was just spying on them, especially following Jongin. He was about to show up, and his revenge is on the progress.

 

When Jongin noticed that Luhan wasn't around, and he spotted his hyung at the faraway part, he decided to follow, when the evil-worthy familiar figure stood in his way.

 

The aura got heavy. The cold atmosphere even made it worse. Jongin, now, is face-to-face with the visibly agitated Key, who let out a smirk, and gave a frown that could melt Jongin at this point.

Jongin's expression turned serious, but he gave an indifferent look, avoiding arguments, and tried to go past him.

But Key won't let him, and shoved the nerve-struck junior back to his spot.

Key scoffed. "Not very respectful, eh? Not even a greeting to start?"

Jongin frowned, but fear still visible in his eyes. "I'm not planning to mess with you, so please do the same, so we can have a peaceful world."

Key raised his eyebrow, and mocked at his reply. "Wow Kim... Jongin. What an oblivious person you are? You think I'm letting you go with this? Especially, do you know who are you with right now?"

Jongin did remember that Key was Luhan's friend who liked the latter, but wasn't given back the love. "Don't blame me. The closeness between us is mutual."

Key poked his index finger at Jongin's chest. "That's not the only complaint I have. You caused too much trouble. You cannot replace me in my spot. To think that you meddle with me is horrible. I'm not amused that I've been seeing you hanging out with Yixing and his company as if I was completely forgotten. You're such a magnet, and I hate it, okay? You should stay away from them. You know what I can do. I haven't forgotten about the cruel past you gave me. You better keep your actions carefully. You already have your friends, so stick with them. I don't care if they like you or anything. It's you who tries to get attention. It disgusts me, Kim Jongin!"

Jongin was surprised at the response, and he ultimately frowned, revealing a more rebellious aura. "I told you I'm not messing with anyone. It's not my fault, okay? It was you who became insensitive to your friends anyway. You were too carried way, and I don't think Luhan will even like you for that. Just please, leave me alone. I'm just being friendly, and they like it! So, that's the end of the story. It's your loss, Key."

Key couldn't believe that Jongin would reply with such sharp statements. He didn't think that Jongin would counter what he says in a more aggressive way, especially the last time, Jongin couldn't even burst out words, and only let Key take advantage of his kindness.

Key just smirked. A smirk that gave the tanned man a chill in his veins. He then gave a laugh. "Wow, Kim Jongin! How did you get so brave! Nah, you only show it off for words. Your statement won't change my mind."

Key then had his face inches nearer to Jongin, showing his intimidation and wrath.  "You're still a coward, though. I know you are. You couldn't even fight me off. I know I can take advantage of you, and your usable little innonence."

Jongin was visibly agitated, but his fear increased, especially Key has dirty tricks up on his sleeve, and he has to be more careful this time. 

Key even started his dirty plan now.

"Will you let me?" Key teasingly said, suddenly gripping Jongin's right elbow, with their faces an inch from each other. Jongin definitely doesn't feel good about what Key is up to.

Jongin was confused, but suddenly, he noticed that Key tilted his head.

 

He was going to kiss Jongin's neck. Key's trying to exploit the young's weakness.

When Key's lips were already going to have contact with the tanned dancer's skin, Jongin didn't hesitate to swiftly step backward and pushed Key hard, that the black-haired senior was taken aback by surprise.

Jongin was also stunned by his actions, but he decided to tell off. "I'm not a toy, Key. I'm not going to be played around by you again, so please let me continue on the way. I'm in a hurry."

When Jongin walked towards Key's side, the senior caught the junior's arm, and gave a very strong, anger-filled grip that Jongin could almost wince in pain. Key then whispered, with the dark aura around him.

"I'm warning you, Jongin. I can make your life miserable." He gave an evil smirk.

After the statement, Jongin broke the senior's grip of his arm and walked away, with the sheer anxiety, rage and fear mixing up in his heart.

 

----

Just as Luhan finished making his request on the customized necklace, he noticed Jongin behind him, with the usual bright expression, but it felt like as it was only glued in his face, as the dongsaeng looked flustered and problematic.

Jongin smiled, then spoke brightly. "What were you trying to request for?"

Luhan smiled back, but the worry is present. "It's a secret. You'll know later on."

Jongin then pouted. A pout that made the hyung adore the younger more. "Hyung, you're such a hanger. I wanna know!"

"There's something I want to know from you though."

Jongin's face turned fearful and nervous once again, but he tried not to make it too obvious. "W-what was that?"

Luhan stared worriedly for a while, then went on.

 

"I saw you with Key earlier."